Results 2,671 to 2,700 of 5193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Good interview with insigne.

Sounds like he is very very happy here.

Lots of great things to say about the fans, the city and his life here.

https://twitter.com/Total_TFC/status...wYaphjj8A&s=19
    Great. Sounds like he gets the city. Which indeed is not for everybody. Having read Crisito’s interviews on the same subject it was clear that he had no idea where he really was. Toronto after Napoli was like Disneyland to him. One can’t live in Disneyland.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    poz still has the tire markings on him from BB bus
    Exactly this. I'm skeptical bob Bradley would sign him and even more skeptical he'd ever play for him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good interview with insigne.

Sounds like he is very very happy here.

Lots of great things to say about the fans, the city and his life here.

https://twitter.com/Total_TFC/status...wYaphjj8A&s=19
    Yep, great to see, considering the speculation a couple of months ago that he was leaving.

Onward!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On our (probable) shift to an U-22 dp and the consequent signing of up to three relatively high salary U-22 players at low cap hits of 150,000-200,000 : this article explaining the initiative when it first came in mentions Toronto as one of the monied organizations that could best take advantage of the rule. I didn’t think we’d go that way at the time but it looks like we’re joining that club now.

“Sources expect teams like Atlanta United, which, as mentioned, has already put the initiative to use, and LAFC, which has been aggressive in using its DP spots and TAM on highly-touted young players, to move boldly into the new space. Teams like Toronto FC, Inter Miami and the LA Galaxy should also be able to take advantage and will likely spend the most on U-22 signings. Their U-22 initiative players should be more talented, more productive and able to be sold for more money than the lower-cost U-22 targets acquired elsewhere.”

“More productive” in theory of course but until now there’s been no sign this initiative has interested us.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 01-06-2023 at 08:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I post this with the full expectation of (an) announcement(s) later today to prove this suggestion meaningless.
    Of course, apart from the 3 signings that have already occurred in December.
    If this summary is at all accurate...
    In regards to the recent past, for some of TFC's key winter window acquisitions and the months they happened in...
    About 25% were towards the end of January, about 56% happened in February and the remaining 19% took place in March.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    I post this with the full expectation of (an) announcement(s) later today to prove this suggestion meaningless.
    Of course, apart from the 3 signings that have already occurred in December.
    If this summary is at all accurate...
    In regards to the recent past, for some of TFC's key winter window acquisitions and the months they happened in...
    About 25% were towards the end of January, about 56% happened in February and the remaining 19% took place in March.

On the other hand, we didn’t need 5-6 crucial signings minimum. Well, okay we really needed them last season too but Bradley was busy with other things in his first months and that wasn’t going to happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/Beezersun

Heard from #Galaxy bound #ChrisMavinga today, who says that he indeed wanted to remain with #TFCLive and wishes nothing but the best for the club. "My dream right now is to play MLS cup final against TFC," he said. #MLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So have we signed anyone else this morning in advance of training camp? I’m getting antsy waiting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bogert says SJ hasn't agreed to anything with any club but is coming to Toronto for a visit

https://twitter.com/tombogert/status/1611384174333644802?t=IXt52Dvj0Se9COqtTElNnQ&s=19

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Bogert says SJ hasn't agreed to anything with any club but is coming to Toronto for a visit

https://twitter.com/tombogert/status...OqtTElNnQ&s=19
    I feel this message is agent way of saying to nycfc last chance to offer a huge contract, or he joins a division rival.

If an American player is coming to visit toronto as preseason starts, I like our chances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    So have we signed anyone else this morning in advance of training camp? I’m getting antsy waiting.

me too- its difficult to see teams all over the world with rumors and then getting their players and then seeing MLS teams moving quickly-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    https://twitter.com/Beezersun

Heard from #Galaxy bound #ChrisMavinga today, who says that he indeed wanted to remain with #TFCLive and wishes nothing but the best for the club. "My dream right now is to play MLS cup final against TFC," he said. #MLS

Mentioned previously- happy he isnt around until I see what he signed for with Galaxy- if its a steal of a contract then i will def be upset as this would be the second player who loved and wanted to stay in toronto(see auro)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Mentioned previously- happy he isnt around until I see what he signed for with Galaxy- if its a steal of a contract then i will def be upset as this would be the second player who loved and wanted to stay in toronto(see auro)
    The fact that Vanney is hoarding all our old (and declining) TFC players but not Auro who is free & available should tell you all you need to know about Auro.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like JMR and JN could be sold on January.

An extra 2.2 M in GAM there I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like they know where the holes are. Although an additional midfield would be nice too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

Looks like they know where the holes are. Although an additional midfield would be nice too.
    Can't help but notice no MB replacement/understudy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Exactly this. I'm skeptical bob Bradley would sign him and even more skeptical he'd ever play for him
    Agreed, the chances of Poz coming here again zero. No way he'd play for BB again, but if/when we can BB, maybe a triumphant return for Poz? Him and the Italians would be magic.

My all time favourite TFC player...oozed class.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I think we should give Okello another shot, if he wants it, but only if he'll convert to centre back and play for TFC II first.

He's 6'5, he's a great passer, he's decent in the air. Put some muscle on him and he's the archetype of a ball-playing central defender.

I mean, maybe they tried this at some point but to my memory all he ever played was midfielder, usually two-way. They had him as a striker in one match under Armas. Looked okay at it.

Just seems a waste. Too much ability there to be unlockable.
    I thought he looked pretty good as a second striker. Shame they called that goal back he scored in his second game under Armas (replay showed he was robbed). One break makes such a huge difference to a young players confidence. Thought we were too impatient and gave him too many “blah” assignments in midfield where he just drifted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

Not to kick the hornet's nest, but basically everywhere except central mid field eh? We can put the idea of Michael ever sitting this season to rest

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to kick the hornet's nest, but basically everywhere except central mid field eh? We can put the idea of Michael ever sitting this season to rest
    he said yesterday in multiple outlets they were trying to get midfield depth too, might have just been left out of this answer or tweet for whatever reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he said yesterday in multiple outlets they were trying to get midfield depth too, might have just been left out of this answer or tweet for whatever reason.
    Shouldn’t they really be looking for a starter though? This does worry me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know people have a weird hangup but michael bradley is still one of the best passers in MLS and looked elite in every game where oso and the italians played last season.

he tops a ton of metrics in the league for progressive passing and as long as we get a rotation guy so he can play under 23-25 games he'll be great.

just inviting a ton of abuse here from people who despise the most successful player in our history but it's the truth.
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 01-06-2023 at 01:21 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know people have a weird hangup but michael bradley is still one of the best passers in MLS and looked elite in every game where oso and the italians played last season.

he tops a ton of metrics in the league for progressive passing and as long as we get a rotation guy so he can play under 23-25 games he'll be great.
    Or play only 60 minutes, if a game is out of hand. It really is too bad that BB is coaching MB, it biases us too much. Regardless, my beef is if no mid-field destroyer then absolutely someone who can give him rest and possibly be mentored as a replacement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm calm about this. Let's see what happens. Worried about them replacing Jayden if they sell him though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Can't help but notice no MB replacement/understudy...

pretty disheartening- hopefully they add a starting midfield -or this will be difficult to explain why they got rid of all the midfield depth TFC had- optics -making it seem like to ensure MB plays 90M every game until he retires

this isnt a good look for more skilled players who may have earned the right to start or play 60m.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Or play only 60 minutes, if a game is out of hand. It really is too bad that BB is coaching MB, it biases us too much. Regardless, my beef is if no mid-field destroyer then absolutely someone who can give him rest and possibly be mentored as a replacement.

+++1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

absolutely 100 % - MB has no speed to recover- and although he made some decent passes- it has got noticeably worst over the last two season.

TFC needs a starting midfield- no way around this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m still a fan, but I do think not having that workhorse number 6 is part of our defensive issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he cannot go 90M recovering for mistakes - after his ankle injury and 2019 finals - this should have been clear- this is beyond selfish at this point.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i believe selling JMR/ nelson would enable to bring in 4 MLS calibre depth pieces with the extra 2.5 M GAM.

it was plainly obvious that we need midfield depth to rotate bradley (and also oso and kaye for that matter).

they said yesterday they were looking at midfield depth.

the answer in question is referring to negotiations ongoing right now.

i can see the 3 empty starting roles being more of a priority than midfield depth, even though both need to be addressed.