Page 88 of 174 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,640 of 5193
  1. #2611
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,424
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    anyways we need a rumour, badly.

    lol

  2. #2612
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    anyways we need a rumour, badly.

    lol
    I heard a rumour from a guy who knows a guy, who knows another guy, that Gio is coming back.

  3. #2613
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    7,854
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave343 View Post
    I heard a rumour from a guy who knows a guy, who knows another guy, that Gio is coming back.
    Renya?

  4. #2614
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Renya?
    lol no.

    I honestly don't know what the issue is though, after what Gio has done for the club. He's already said he's willing to accept a bottom salary, not like he needs the money anyways. Let him come off the bench here or there and play along side his compatriots.

  5. #2615
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    7,854
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave343 View Post
    lol no.

    I honestly don't know what the issue is though, after what Gio has done for the club. He's already said he's willing to accept a bottom salary, not like he needs the money anyways. Let him come off the bench here or there and play along side his compatriots.
    He said he would take a lower salary but probably not as low as they'd like for a player who is 2 years removed from any real, sustained football.

  6. #2616
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Renya?

    could be interesting- not sure i want seba back- im good with moving forward but i guess having seba in between LI and FB with VV as a back-up would be temporarily acceptable - would be better if TFC had a solid starting mid-field.

    OMG im going crazy guys.

  7. #2617
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Antoine Griezmann - Contract expires in June/23 and MLSE could throw more money at him than Insigne.

  8. #2618
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Barrie
    Posts
    1,030
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    RBP off-season threads summarized:


  9. #2619
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    6,016
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    RBP off-season threads summarized:

    What about the 10% that is dedicated to "Bring back Seba though!"?

  10. #2620
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    He said he would take a lower salary but probably not as low as they'd like for a player who is 2 years removed from any real, sustained football.
    If MLSE can pay Bradley 1.6 million and pay to bring VV back then not signing Seba is a complete and utter slap in the face, embarrassing by Bob and Manning. Anyone on this site believe that Seba won’t offer more on the pitch then both VV and Michael

  11. #2621
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,599
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    While people were discussing our city ratings






    Mavinga is gone...
    Yeah, saw that. I thought he might stay but also won’t at all be surprised if he does well again with Vanney in LA. Looks like a good move for him.

  12. #2622
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    6,016
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    If MLSE can pay Bradley 1.6 million and pay to bring VV back then not signing Seba is a complete and utter slap in the face, embarrassing by Bob and Manning. Anyone on this site believe that Seba won’t offer more on the pitch then both VV and Michael
    I fully believe that. Both of VV and Michael have actually played in the past two years. Neither should be playing every single game, but list me Giovinco's minutes and stats the past two years and convince me otherwise.

  13. #2623
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,891
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    pay to bring VV back then not signing Seba is a complete and utter slap in the face, embarrassing by Bob and Manning. Anyone on this site believe that Seba won’t offer more on the pitch then both VV
    The issue with bringing Seba back has always been the Allocation Order. It's the same reason Vázquez wasn't brought back originally and went to the Galaxy. Vázquez wasn't subject to the Allocation Order this time since he was already in the league. Giovinco is still subject to it. If it wasn't for that Gio would've been back last year already.

    It's a completely separate issue than Bradley (and I'm with you on the need for a replacement), but the issue is MLS rules, and completely unrelated to Bradley. Sure Gio might be willing to come back on a 200k salary, but we have I believe the 2nd or 3rd Allocation Order Spot (which is probablyy worth 500k GAM) and we'd probably need to trade 200k to grab the top spot to acquire him.
    That's basically a combined opportunity cost of a million in combined acquiring top spot, wasting our current spot that we could trade, plus salary.

  14. #2624
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,424
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    If MLSE can pay Bradley 1.6 million and pay to bring VV back then not signing Seba is a complete and utter slap in the face, embarrassing by Bob and Manning. Anyone on this site believe that Seba won’t offer more on the pitch then both VV and Michael
    might be the worst take i've ever seen, and that's impressive.

    michael bradley as a holding midfielder has 3X as many goals in the past season than giovinco has in the past 2 years as a striker.
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 01-05-2023 at 05:06 PM.

  15. #2625
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,599
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I fully believe that. Both of VV and Michael have actually played in the past two years. Neither should be playing every single game, but list me Giovinco's minutes and stats the past two years and convince me otherwise.
    Why are people still talking about Giovinco? Effectively he’s been retired for a while now, and where would he play for us in Bradley’s system even if he could still play? VV looked good last season, he played a lot (he was really good when I saw him at our ground last season … though helped by LA’s mobile midfield) and was in the 90th percentile of all MLS players for passing. On reasonable money when used properly he seems like he has another season to contribute. Seba, I don’t see it at all.

  16. #2626
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,424
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Why are people still talking about Giovinco? Effectively he’s been retired for a while now, and where would he play for us in Bradley’s system even if he could still play? VV looked good last season, he played a lot (he was really good when I saw him at our ground last season … though helped by LA’s mobile midfield) and was in the 90th percentile of all MLS players for passing. On reasonable money when used properly he seems like he has another season to contribute. Seba, I don’t see it at all.
    yeah, it's a non starter for the club (thankfully), and would be a disaster.

    he's scored 1 goal in the last two seasons combined.

  17. #2627
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    6,016
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Why are people still talking about Giovinco? Effectively he’s been retired for a while now, and where would he play for us in Bradley’s system even if he could still play? VV looked good last season, he played a lot (he was really good when I saw him at our ground last season … though helped by LA’s mobile midfield) and was in the 90th percentile of all MLS players for passing. On reasonable money when used properly he seems like he has another season to contribute. Seba, I don’t see it at all.
    Because some people just can't let go of the past. If Giovinco had of actually played for Sampdoria and contributed anything at all, I would consider it. But, like you said, the guy is basically retired and trying to control his narrative and paint the team as the bad guy. Conveniently forgetting the fact that he left the team high and dry to cash out a few years ago.

  18. #2628
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,599
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bradley in Davidson’s most recent article. Sounds like its the young DP route we’re taking.

    “Bradley says TFC could opt for a young designated player, whose salary cap cost is less (US$150,000 in 2022 for ages 20 and younger and $200,000 for ages 21-23 as opposed to $612,500 for a DP 24 or older).

    "We are looking at different ways to do this," Bradley said. "So the potential for a bigger DP, I wouldn't say that's the focus. Could a player come up on the radar and change the way we're looking at it? Maybe. But I think we are looking in a broader way.

    "We've got two big DPs and now I think we're looking to find the right way to build the rest of the team."

  19. #2629
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    6,016
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Bradley in Davidson’s most recent article. Sounds like its the young DP route we’re taking.

    “Bradley says TFC could opt for a young designated player, whose salary cap cost is less (US$150,000 in 2022 for ages 20 and younger and $200,000 for ages 21-23 as opposed to $612,500 for a DP 24 or older).

    "We are looking at different ways to do this," Bradley said. "So the potential for a bigger DP, I wouldn't say that's the focus. Could a player come up on the radar and change the way we're looking at it? Maybe. But I think we are looking in a broader way.

    "We've got two big DPs and now I think we're looking to find the right way to build the rest of the team."
    That is fine, but there seems to be a higher bust possibility with young DPs. I do like the fact that it opens up two more u-22 spots though. Use one on a CB and the other on a 6. If your scouting is good, it will be a success. Just don't be like Atlanta and exclusively buy Argentines. Go to Africa, Asia or smaller European countries like Slovakia and Austria where steals can be found.

  20. #2630
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,599
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Bradley in Davidson’s most recent article. Sounds like its the young DP route we’re taking.

    “Bradley says TFC could opt for a young designated player, whose salary cap cost is less (US$150,000 in 2022 for ages 20 and younger and $200,000 for ages 21-23 as opposed to $612,500 for a DP 24 or older).

    "We are looking at different ways to do this," Bradley said. "So the potential for a bigger DP, I wouldn't say that's the focus. Could a player come up on the radar and change the way we're looking at it? Maybe. But I think we are looking in a broader way.

    "We've got two big DPs and now I think we're looking to find the right way to build the rest of the team."
    And as a P.S.: makes sense to me. We need a hell of a lot of players. This is a way to add what might be effective starters and depth.

    I wonder though what it means at striker? I wonder if we move Akinola? And maybe makes sense of the Swedish league rumours, ie. a lower wage striker.

  21. #2631
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Burlington
    Posts
    4,337
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Davidson got some quotes from Bradley today
    https://www.cp24.com/mobile/sports/r...turn-1.6219349

    "We're in the midst of important conversations, negotiations," Bradley said in an interview Thursday. "We knew at the end of the year that we needed to improve in positions, we needed to have more of the right kind of guys. "

    While Italians Lorenzo Insigne and Federico Bernardeschi are returning for their first full MLS seasons, Toronto still has an open designated player spot.

    Bradley says TFC could opt for a young designated player, whose salary cap cost is less (US$150,000 in 2022 for ages 20 and younger and $200,000 for ages 21-23 as opposed to $612,500 for a DP 24 or older).

    "We are looking at different ways to do this," Bradley said. "So the potential for a bigger DP, I wouldn't say that's the focus. Could a player come up on the radar and change the way we're looking at it? Maybe. But I think we are looking in a broader way.

    "We've got two big DPs and now I think we're looking to find the right way to build the rest of the team."

  22. #2632
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    6,016
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Davidson got some quotes from Bradley today
    https://www.cp24.com/mobile/sports/r...turn-1.6219349

    "We're in the midst of important conversations, negotiations," Bradley said in an interview Thursday. "We knew at the end of the year that we needed to improve in positions, we needed to have more of the right kind of guys. "

    While Italians Lorenzo Insigne and Federico Bernardeschi are returning for their first full MLS seasons, Toronto still has an open designated player spot.

    Bradley says TFC could opt for a young designated player, whose salary cap cost is less (US$150,000 in 2022 for ages 20 and younger and $200,000 for ages 21-23 as opposed to $612,500 for a DP 24 or older).

    "We are looking at different ways to do this," Bradley said. "So the potential for a bigger DP, I wouldn't say that's the focus. Could a player come up on the radar and change the way we're looking at it? Maybe. But I think we are looking in a broader way.

    "We've got two big DPs and now I think we're looking to find the right way to build the rest of the team."
    Another important one

    "Bradley calls Romero a "good young goalkeeper who was not brought here with the idea that he was going to be the No. 1 'keeper."

  23. #2633
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,424
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    interesting that this is in there. Davidson not a big speculation guy.

    Toronto could dip into the free agent ranks to fill the void in goal with veteran U.S. international Sean Johnson a free agent after spending the last six seasons with New York City FC.

  24. #2634
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    6,016
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    interesting that this is in there. Davidson not a big speculation guy.

    Toronto could dip into the free agent ranks to fill the void in goal with veteran U.S. international Sean Johnson a free agent after spending the last six seasons with New York City FC.
    Gonna be a bit disappointed if Johnson isn't a Red by the end of next week.

  25. #2635
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,424
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Gonna be a bit disappointed if Johnson isn't a Red by the end of next week.
    This is the only name mentioned here who's not a tfc player already.

    You've got to think it's very close

  26. #2636
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    17,181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    This is the only name mentioned here who's not a tfc player already.

    You've got to think it's very close
    I've known Neil professionally for about twenty-five years. He is hinting because they're optimistic. He wouldn't include it otherwise. But he'll never confirm something he doesn't actually have, so until he's signed....

    Also, it's important not to be put off too much by the 15% salary hike limit. If they offer him a one-and-one and he accepts, they can renegotiate the second year once six months have passed and offer him substantially more in a guaranteed second year. So there are ways around it, if the player has faith they want him enough to follow through.

  27. #2637
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,424
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I've known Neil professionally for about twenty-five years. He is hinting because they're optimistic. He wouldn't include it otherwise. But he'll never confirm something he doesn't actually have, so until he's signed....
    makes sense.

    the "could" read to me as "he's likely joining, but until the contract is signed I'll say could"

  28. #2638
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    976
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This may be a big if, but IF Johnson signs, are we OK going into pre-season with MacNaughton/Hedges as our starting CBs? I'm hesitant but honestly, my dumb brain's starting to think it's more and more viable with a better GK in Johnson.

  29. #2639
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,424
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    This may be a big if, but IF Johnson signs, are we OK going into pre-season with MacNaughton/Hedges as our starting CBs? I'm hesitant but honestly, my dumb brain's starting to think it's more and more viable with a better GK in Johnson.
    we probably would be fine but there's no reason we should settle, nor do i think they will.

    the article notes that we're still after a CB, LB, GK to start, as well as CM depth and different forward options.

  30. #2640
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    17,181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think we should give Okello another shot, if he wants it, but only if he'll convert to centre back and play for TFC II first.

    He's 6'5, he's a great passer, he's decent in the air. Put some muscle on him and he's the archetype of a ball-playing central defender.

    I mean, maybe they tried this at some point but to my memory all he ever played was midfielder, usually two-way. They had him as a striker in one match under Armas. Looked okay at it.

    Just seems a waste. Too much ability there to be unlockable.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •