Page 82 of 174 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,460 of 5193
  1. #2431
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    3,403
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Given the way our acquisition situation feels; is so far being perceived by some, including myself.
    I prefer not to just settle. Even though I'm getting antsy about expectations and might have to at some point.
    I would prefer, all I want are, good players/fits.
    He does seem to be a candidate.

  2. #2432
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    3,403
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I’ve never heard of the guy. Is he on our don’t repeat what he says list? 
    It is oddly ironic to me though,
    That at least one of these so identified tweeters,
    That has been kindly suggested to me a couple of times should not be cited/repeated,
    Is < still > on the RPB Twitter Following List.


  3. #2433
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Frozen Swampland
    Posts
    17,366
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    never sign a player based solely on WC performance, and Cho's transfer fee went up due to WC performance

    Cho has decent goal scoring rate in K league, but there would be an uproar by fans if TFC signed this guy as a DP
    ďYears have gone by and Iíve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

    I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ĎA pretty move, for the love of God.í

    And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I donít give a damn which team or country performs it.Ē

    -Eduardo Galeano

  4. #2434
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,098
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    never sign a player based solely on WC performance, and Cho's transfer fee went up due to WC performance

    Cho has decent goal scoring rate in K league, but there would be an uproar by fans if TFC signed this guy as a DP
    Tell that to Chelsea!

  5. #2435
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    934
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  6. #2436
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    287
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    https://twitter.com/TaylorTwellman

    Keep an eye on Olivier Giroud....turned down the latest offer from Milan.

    Has real interest in coming to @MLS and is currently exploring it with a few teams.

    36 years old but still fit and in the right situation, he works and could score goals. #MLS

    I don't care about his age I would do a two yr deal in a heartbeat. And get Ole Sśter as the back up.

  7. #2437
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,364
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  8. #2438
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I prefer players under the age of 30.

    Also tfc needs two fullback correct ? They need a replacement when Laryea - returns to Nottingham?

    Goalie is most important.


    The way management spoke they would be making moves after the world cup.


    Also have to question if management is having troubles attracting profile players to play with FB and LI - what is the issue? Can't be the quality of players right?

    I dont think there is any excuse to start camp shorthanded with many holes to fill.

    Hopefully in two weeks will hear a rumor

  9. #2439
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,364
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    https://twitter.com/TaylorTwellman

    Keep an eye on Olivier Giroud....turned down the latest offer from Milan.

    Has real interest in coming to @MLS and is currently exploring it with a few teams.

    36 years old but still fit and in the right situation, he works and could score goals. #MLS

    I don't care about his age I would do a two yr deal in a heartbeat. And get Ole Sśter as the back up.
    he's 36.

    he's also just started every game for a team that got to the world cup final.

    the way teams sit deep against insigne and berna, he'd absolutely feast.

  10. #2440
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,098
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I liked Dennis last year, although I donít think he was ever comfortable as a striker. Was better on the wings for Watford.

  11. #2441
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,098
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    he's 36.

    he's also just started every game for a team that got to the world cup final.

    the way teams sit deep against insigne and berna, he'd absolutely feast.
    Great in the air. On a 1+1 I would take him. We need to win this year, right?

  12. #2442
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,364
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Great in the air. On a 1+1 I would take him. We need to win this year, right?
    the way he plays, there's no reason he cant play at a fairly high level another 3 years. a 1+1 would be amazing

  13. #2443
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    16,868
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Mos def agree.
    We need one utility knife.
    That is why I would expect Holiett to at least be a candidate/considered.
    Latest incarnation as a RB; then move Mamah to LB.
    It has been mentioned he would likely be a DP.
    I do not believe he has made that salary for a few years now; since Cardiff.
    Unless he sees it as a personal affront or there are family issues at play- partner and child- in regards to a move.
    I suspect he may be had for a MLS Max Salary or just less.
    A fair raise and more than he seems to be making currently at Reading; IIUC.
    For whatever reason/s, I do not believe he has received any better offers from any of the other Championship or PL clubs.
    Good point. Turns out he's only on 200k pounds this year, about $350,000.

  14. #2444
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    15,334
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Good point. Turns out he's only on 200k pounds this year, about $350,000.
    Thatís good news. Maybe there is a deal here that can be worked out.

    Iíd absolutely want Giroud if he were available.

  15. #2445
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    16,868
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He's only been there three months but he doesn't play much. He was effective at Watford but has a rep as a locker-room cancer. I've watched Forest's games this year and he's looked dangerous when on, but that isn't often.

    Given a couple of front-office firings already, there seems to have been a deep disconnect at Forest between those doing the signing and their manager, Steve Cooper. They spent over 100M pounds to stay up and much of it seems wasted.
    Last edited by jloome; 01-03-2023 at 12:29 PM.

  16. #2446
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    16,868
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    That’s good news. Maybe there is a deal here that can be worked out.

    I’d absolutely want Giroud if he were available.
    They noted at the world cup that he has basically zero mobility now, in terms of running and playing defense. I think he'd probably score 15-20 in MLS for fun, but he'd never press, and we're a pressing team.

    If we had a target forward of his calibre, it would be very difficult for teams to sit back and play the counter against us, which is how they deal with us now. They'd have to try and press us back, and the combo of speed and skill upfront would be lethal.

  17. #2447
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,364
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  18. #2448
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    934
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Dang it, 400k GAM is NOTHING...

  19. #2449
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,364
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Dang it, 400k GAM is NOTHING...
    although, he has 1 year then is a free agent, so a bit more iffy.

  20. #2450
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    238
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  21. #2451
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    238
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Blessing is likely getting a new contract or an extension at a nice payrise.

  22. #2452
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    3,403
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Uh-oh!
    WTF?
    This development is extremely alarming for me.
    The canary in the coal mine.
    Unless LAFC was spiting TFC with a shakedown or LB hates BB, this should have been us.
    I trust something much better is in the works; a better candidate/value.
    Though, as yet unable to imagine it, given LB's suggested transfer cost and likely salary; even with a modest bump.

  23. #2453
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    5,806
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Business around the league looks to be picking up. Let's hope we get some news about TFC in the very near future.

  24. #2454
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    15,334
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    Blessing is likely getting a new contract or an extension at a nice payrise.
    Iíd still have done it. Heís 26, thatís a solid MLS player for several cycles.

    Letís hope Nelson had an inspired offseason.

  25. #2455
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    16,868
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I liked Dennis last year, although I donít think he was ever comfortable as a striker. Was better on the wings for Watford.
    I think he's a bit of a minefield. Bad attitude, multiple years of relative under-production for a forward before that one good year at Watford. Just screams of a technical player with a bad attitude.

    He hasn't asked out at Forest, they want him gone. Multiple coaches frustrated with his attituded and effort.

  26. #2456
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,098
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I think he's a bit of a minefield. Bad attitude, multiple years of relative under-production for a forward before that one good year at Watford. Just screams of a technical player with a bad attitude.

    He hasn't asked out at Forest, they want him gone. Multiple coaches frustrated with his attituded and effort.
    Yeah barely played this year.

  27. #2457
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Burlington
    Posts
    4,332
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Forrest apparently want to recoup most of what they paid Watford for him.

    The deal from the MLS side is a loan with an obligation to buy and the Saudi offer is straight cash

    That's all from the Athletic this morning btw

  28. #2458
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    238
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Blessing would have been yet another 8, we are already drowning in 8's. We need a 6 and that is not what blessing is. Sure in a 4-3-3 with a single pivot it is hard to have enough 8's, but we are far more desperately in need of 1six to eat up 2500+ mins. Someone besides MB to back him up would be nice as well. But MB as a back up would be acceptable.

  29. #2459
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    16,868
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    Blessing would have been yet another 8, we are already drowning in 8's. We need a 6 and that is not what blessing is. Sure in a 4-3-3 with a single pivot it is hard to have enough 8's, but we are far more desperately in need of 1six to eat up 2500+ mins. Someone besides MB to back him up would be nice as well. But MB as a back up would be acceptable.
    We definitely need a defensive midfielder. I think people like Blessing because he's a multi-position player. He can fill in just about anywhere and has two feet.

  30. #2460
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    15,334
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think we just need quality mids in general. We are one injury away in midfield from fielding unproven children.

    Osorio played DM next to Delgado in 2020 and did a damn good job. But I guess the issue is, if we shift him, nobody is going to take up the offensive role and Bradley would struggle to go box-to-box every game without rest.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •