Page 76 of 174 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,280 of 5193
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    I mean they've had since July 7th to replace poz and establish some offensive identity.

Still waiting
    I guess you missed the Bernardeschi & Insigne signings last season then. Look them up. They have some semblance of offensive identity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daley Blind.
    A potential TFC pick-up candidate?
    As a defensive midfielder, left-back or centre-back?
    Or... as one twitter poster suggests... 'seems like he has been 32 for the last five years'.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Daley Blind.
    A potential TFC pick-up candidate?
    As a defensive midfielder, left-back or centre-back?
    Or... as one twitter poster suggests... 'seems like he has been 32 for the last five years'.

Wouldn't be worth the money he'd cost. Pretty sure he would want DP money.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/Total_TFC/status...87569592553472

sounds like criscito will only be playing 6 more months, then coaching in Genoa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give me Daley Blind. Please. Perfect for that leftback spot and can more than fill in at CB.

On Sean Johnson, he’s a TAM keeper and you got to think you can have better for less. If he keeps um-ing and ah-ing they should move on and pick-up a diff keeper.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blind made ~2.3mm euro annualized this year. Almost certainly a DP.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    On Sean Johnson, he’s a TAM keeper and you got to think you can have better for less. If he keeps um-ing and ah-ing they should move on and pick-up a diff keeper.
    I am not aboard his train as much as everyone else is. Like he is a good MLS keeper but I've seen him make his share of Bono-level gaffes. He recovers much better but he still is a risk for sketchy plays and usually when it matters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I guess you missed the Bernardeschi & Insigne signings last season then. Look them up. They have some semblance of offensive identity.

Management was also confident that these two would get TFC in the playoffs- all I want is management who isn't super optimistic to keep saying second half season tfc will make playoff + increase 40% price and then still have seasons available.

Obviously I'm happy with FB and LI

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Management was also confident that these two would get TFC in the playoffs- all I want is management who isn't super optimistic to keep saying second half season tfc will make playoff + increase 40% price and then still have seasons available.

they said they would make a push, realistically last season was all about rebuilding a squad to be competitive from 2023 onwards, which is a fine goal. even if bono hadn't lost his ability to catch a ball for an 8 games stretch down the final months (and oso didnt pick up the concussion) i doubt we would have made a far run in the playoffs last year.

both LI and FB put up numbers that if continued for a whole season would have them both in the MVP race, despite probably only being fully fit for half the games they played. there are already lots of reasons to be positive about 2023.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not aboard his train as much as everyone else is. Like he is a good MLS keeper but I've seen him make his share of Bono-level gaffes. He recovers much better but he still is a risk for sketchy plays and usually when it matters.
    Exactly. Would I take him? Yes. Would I be enthusiastic about it? Not really.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think they were that confident in getting there in 2022. They always talked about 2023 and going forward (mostly Bob).

As for us falling behind other teams, nobody is really doing anything. In fact we've made the most significant moves of anyone this offseason so far. Obviously we have a lot more moves to go but we're still right in the middle of the holiday week.

FWIW I wasn't happy with the price increase either but after getting LI & FB I expected to have to pay for it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think they were that confident in getting there in 2022. They always talked about 2023 and going forward (mostly Bob).

As for us falling behind other teams, nobody is really doing anything. In fact we've made the most significant moves of anyone this offseason so far. Obviously we have a lot more moves to go but we're still right in the middle of the holiday week.

FWIW I wasn't happy with the price increase either but after getting LI & FB I expected to have to pay for it.
    yes, also this is just toronto sports in a year with huge inflation, unfortunately.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is how you can tell some people live with expectations that their experience in Football Manager translates directly to real life - transfer decisions are made in minutes, rumours are constantly present, sporting decisions are made to please themselves and not either a board or an actual supporter's group, everybody else is an AI so it's easy to adjust when teams are predictable...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    this is how you can tell some people live with expectations that their experience in Football Manager translates directly to real life - transfer decisions are made in minutes, rumours are constantly present, sporting decisions are made to please themselves and not either a board or an actual supporter's group, everybody else is an AI so it's easy to adjust when teams are predictable...
    Yep. Zero to do with reality.

Maybe also we live in an instant culture in which many people have the attention span of toddlers (thank you smart phones) and the internet is always at hand to bitch about whatever comes to mind.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 12-27-2022 at 06:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Circling back; an update.

< EDIT: Although there are now follow-up reports he is still training with Independiente; some suggest separately. >

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 12-28-2022 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Updates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just thinking about this time last year.
    I know with today's technology it is far easier to multitask.
    Yet, seems Andrea D'Amico is currently busy with other attentions/pursuits.
    Is Bill Manning in Toronto/GTA?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Yep. Zero to do with reality.

Maybe also we live in an instant culture in which many people have the attention span of toddlers (thank you smart phones) and the internet is always at hand to bitch about whatever comes to mind.
    There’s definitely a middle ground here, as the club has been systemically slow on signing players, notably in areas which are glaring needs for months to years on end. Especially at a time where it has been pathetically performed and so even sprinkling a rumour into the news here and there is simply useful to signalling intent to the fan base.

Things shouldn’t happen instantly, but deals can happen year around and be prepared/signed way in advance. As long as things happen within reasonable timeframes it’s all good. They’ve done well to get the things they have already done completed so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There’s definitely a middle ground here, as the club has been systemically slow on signing players, notably in areas which are glaring needs for months to years on end. Especially at a time where it has been pathetically performed and so even sprinkling a rumour into the news here and there is simply useful to signalling intent to the fan base.

Things shouldn’t happen instantly, but deals can happen year around and be prepared/signed way in advance. As long as things happen within reasonable timeframes it’s all good. They’ve done well to get the things they have already done completed so far.

+1

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in case you havent noticed, we are in a cap league and have had 2 gks and mavinga making a combined almost 2 M between them.

explains why you cant just replace everyone in one year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    in case you havent noticed, we are in a cap league and have had 2 gks and mavinga making a combined almost 2 M between them.

explains why you cant just replace everyone in one year.
    Have you noticed the 3m+ cap space (XAM and regular) used in the last year? Or that 1/3 of the players mentioned had his option exercised by the club Dec 2021?

I said “reasonable” for a reason. You of course play with the money you have within the constraints presented. For example, no fullbacks until more than halfway through last year and then brought in two expensive TAM guys. One of which fake retired and the other is likely gone by summer. It is not unreasonable to have suggested they start the season with serviceable fullbacks (read: capable of not being a clusterfuck as opposed to all star quality). That’s all that I’m trying to get across here and the majority of my criticism of deals this year has been related to ineffective use of XAM and cap space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you noticed the 3m+ cap space (XAM and regular) used in the last year? Or that 1/3 of the players mentioned had his option exercised by the club Dec 2021?

I said “reasonable” for a reason. You of course play with the money you have within the constraints presented. For example, no fullbacks until more than halfway through last year and then brought in two expensive TAM guys. One of which fake retired and the other is likely gone by summer. It is not unreasonable to have suggested they start the season with serviceable fullbacks (read: capable of not being a clusterfuck as opposed to all star quality). That’s all that I’m trying to get across here and the majority of my criticism of deals this year has been related to ineffective use of XAM and cap space.
    I get the anger, but JMR looked the part in the first couple of weeks. If he didn't get hurt for 8 weeks two weeks into the season, it seems likely the RB position would have been better. Predicting these things is impossible. Petrasso was serviceable. It is debatable whether shaffleburg would ever have been able to make the transition. So we gambled on the LB position to start the year. It wasn't unreasonable to assume we could have gotten better out of the players we had at the start of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley tore down a lot of what he was left with. I doubt we see that again (let’s hope ever). The number of players let go was enormous. That was indeed instant. But it takes time to replace them, especially when your coach is also sporting director. That much turnover and a new manager/sporting director was likely always going to be a mess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why are people making excuses for this clown show of a FO and coaching staff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thoughts on this are more big picture. The longer the time period, the closer I think we should be to having a completed roster (on paper at least). And overall, this rebuilding process has to be a bit faster than normal as our best player isn’t getting any younger.

So by my watch, they’ve got about 1.5 windows left to sort this out and turn the team into a contender. Like you, I’m a bit suspicious as to whether they know what they are doing. But I’m going to wait and see how it all unfolds…
    Last edited by ag futbol; 12-28-2022 at 05:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Because some of us do not see things the way you see them. Or we interpret same events through different lenses, thereby forming different opinions.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    Because some of us do not see things the way you see them. Or we interpret same events through different lenses, thereby forming different opinions.

Cause we've seen clown shows in charge of TFC...recently...and this one doesn't feel like a clown show (well except for the GK coach).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    bottom of the league for 2 yrs now,the curtis/armas hiring,manning is still here,not sold on BB.but willing to give
    him a few more months

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because some people understand how roster building in MLS works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    because some people understand how roster building in MLS works.
    who is that...transfer market web page bill
    the last 2 champs didnt go out and sign a bunch of mls vets,they signed a bunch of 22 to 27 yr olds from other leagues
    Last edited by reggie; 12-28-2022 at 06:43 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who is that...transfer market web page bill
    i think bill manning who has won MLS cup at RSL and been in the playoffs the majority of his years in the industry, and bob bradley the 2nd most successful coach in mls history know better than you, an angry internet guy, yes.