Page 74 of 174 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 5193
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto is one of the best and safest cities in the world to live in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there's one takeaway we can all make from this thread please let it be to never get your news from cp24. If you think Toronto is a high crime area relative to just about any other comparable sized city then you are getting a woefully skewed source of news. Outside of big asian cities safety is something Toronto has over just about anywhere else in terms of it's size on the planet.

Now, bringing this back on topic, there's no way we go for hazard or anyone like him for the third dp slot. I'd bet alot of money we get a young DP in based on comments we've made and, logically, I think that's the right call

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    I dunno man... it's really gone downhill in the last 10-15 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto still scores very high in most categories, but has been dropping a little overall in world ranking the last few years because of cost, especially lack of affordable housing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    The rate of violent crimes in Toronto has stayed relatively flat the past 10 years and is down significantly over the past 20 years. (source: Stats Can violent Criminal Code violations)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need to stay away from Hazard. He couldn't even take the club of his supposed dreams seriously, he's not going to give a single care here. Bring me Mariano Diaz instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Define Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    We need to stay away from Hazard. He couldn't even take the club of his supposed dreams seriously, he's not going to give a single care here. Bring me Mariano Diaz instead.
    A second DP left winger makes zero sense. There is no way it's happening. BS rumour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless our Italian Bloody Big Deal wants out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    A second DP left winger makes zero sense. There is no way it's happening. BS rumour.
    yeah this journo is known for just making shit up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    If there's one takeaway we can all make from this thread please let it be to never get your news from cp24. If you think Toronto is a high crime area relative to just about any other comparable sized city then you are getting a woefully skewed source of news. Outside of big asian cities safety is something Toronto has over just about anywhere else in terms of it's size on the planet.

Now, bringing this back on topic, there's no way we go for hazard or anyone like him for the third dp slot. I'd bet alot of money we get a young DP in based on comments we've made and, logically, I think that's the right call
    Sure, certainly a bit of that. While people’s perception of the safety of the city is changing the stats suggest I things are still quite safe.

That said, the increase in certain types of crime (carjackings as an example) and the headline-grabbing random violence is a real departure from what the city used to be.

If I had to guess, it won’t get better in the immediate future. Lot of societal pressures bubbling under the surface.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Good news for Q. He’s a better keeper than he showed at the end with us. And maybe the most intelligent mind of any player we’ve had. I don’t mean for football necessarily (many have football intelligence but nothing much otherwise) but for thinking and speaking. A genuinely good guy too.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Some of it yes...but don't judge that by CP24. I judge that based on how much stuff just looks ....unkept.

Central Forward please...and a DM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This actually made me spit out my drink laughing...Thanks John Tory

TO has been going down the toilet the last 2o years and its not getting any better. Everyone I know including myself has moved out to the Burbs. I cringe every time I'm forced to go to the core. I have 2 young kids and would not live in Toronto even if you gave me 50% off the property/housing/rent

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsYNWA View Post
    This actually made me spit out my drink laughing...Thanks John Tory

TO has been going down the toilet the last 2o years and its not getting any better. Everyone I know including myself has moved out to the Burbs. I cringe every time I'm forced to go to the core. I have 2 young kids and would not live in Toronto even if you gave me 50% off the property/housing/rent
    it's wildly unaffordable but if you can afford it it's one of the best cities, and definitely one of the safest.

infact it ranked the 6th safest city in the world this year, and the safest in north america across 57 metrics.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/wo...s-in-the-world

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Also, it sounds much like last season when we were desperate for a left back and the deal was to join us early. But instead he decided to stay in Napoli to aid the relegation fight and then it seemed that he might not be coming at all. Crisito is clearly devoted to his club. And when we did hear about why he was here the purpose was always to help out his buddy, Insigne.

He was the wiliest left back in this league, I thought and his play with Insigne was like second nature. Not necessarily easy to replace.
    A tidbit from Football Italia on Criscito’s return to Naples:

“Now in Serie B, Criscito has reportedly been brought back largely because the club sacked coach Alexander Blessin, who had a frosty rapport with the captain.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's wildly unaffordable but if you can afford it it's one of the best cities, and definitely one of the safest.

infact it ranked the 6th safest city in the world this year, and the safest in north america across 57 metrics.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/wo...s-in-the-world
    It’s become expensive in the way many large cities have become expensive over the last 25 years. One of the most recent to drive out artists, families and the elderly from the downtown… much like London, New York and many others did long ago. But dangerous? What are you guys talking about! There are many good reasons Toronto is ranked consistently in the best cities in the world to live and safety is one reason.

Not that’s it’s easy but I suggest those who live in the CP24 ghetto should visit, well, any number of major cities for perspective. Two I’ve spent time in and that are very instructive about what a contemporary city is often about are São Paulo and Buenos Aires.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So... anyone got some more of those transfer rumors?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    So... anyone got some more of those transfer rumors?
    one can expect TFC to sign a new goalie with both Bono and Westberg finding a new team, lol, but in all honesty i would be shocked to hear anything between now and the new year(Jan 2) due to the holidays

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be a big time DP CB. Personally I would rather callens and a DP striker. Along with a young DP CDM after we sell/trade akinola.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, if you are gonna go DP CB you might aswell go big. Plus his name kind of sounds like "The Fridge".

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/DannyQuarantino/...Y97GkBRNw&s=19

Apparently d'amico and de vrij agent have a relationship so good chance this is us.

I'm usually against dp CB buy would make an exception if we managed to get someone of this caliber.

seems like inter have offered him a 2 year extension at 4 mill euros net, so to entice him we'd probably have to offer him similar wages (or slightly less) over 4.5 years (which i'd be 100% on board with).
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 12-24-2022 at 04:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    That would be a big time DP CB. Personally I would rather callens and a DP striker. Along with a young DP CDM after we sell/trade akinola.
    Wow, that would be something special but not sure he fits. Unless it’s as de facto fill in for MB (ie. he is a “playmaking defender” who can spray passes and switch the field from deep allowing Michael to play a bit higher as an 8) but otherwise his level for a central defender seems to high for us. And unless find a brilliant TAM striker we’re going to need this money on a striker.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Wow, that would be something special but not sure he fits. Unless it’s as de facto fill in for MB (ie. he is a “playmaking defender” who can spray passes and switch the field from deep allowing Michael to play a bit higher as an 8) but otherwise his level for a central defender seems to high for us. And unless find a brilliant TAM striker we’re going to need this money on a striker.
    De vrij and hedges would be the best cb pairing in the league.

Insigne berna and oso will probably combine for 50- 65 goals themselves, I'd be ok with an elite DP CB, if they could manage to pill it off.

Would be potentially trickier than the insigne signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

News From Spain: Tottenham ahead of Atletico Madrid in Stefan de Vrij race

Spain
    Atletico Madrid have lost ground in their 2023 push for Inter Milan defender Stefan de Vrij, as Premier League side Tottenham edge closer to a deal.

Diego Simeone is on the hunt for experienced defensive options in the January transfer window as part of a squad overhaul in the Spanish capital.

Los Rojiblancos have seen their reputation as defensive enforcers slip away in the last 12 month and Simeone is keen to sign a new centre back.

However, Simeone will only have a limited transfer budget to work with, following Atletico’s Champions League group stage exit in November.

Atletico have been tracking Dutch international de Vrij, with his contract at the San Siro expiring in June, but his agent has hinted at Spurs being a preferred destination for the 30-year-old.

“Could de Vrij play for Tottenham? He can play for any top European club”, Federico Pastorello told an interview with Italian outlet TuttoMercato.

“He has great experience and a high level of tactical ability. He can play anywhere.

“At the end of the year, there will be many top clubs looking for a centre-back, there will be plenty of opportunities, but his decision will not concern only the contract offer.”

De Vrij has previously hinted at his desire to leave Milan, to pursue a new challenge away from Italy, and Pastorello’s comments reflect that stance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EPL/Tottenham and other European interest realistically may seem more enticing/reasonable.
    Though this may have some legs; it is within the budgetary ballpark; and a free transfer?
    Also, it is in keeping with a win now framing.
    Especially if the relationship connect between D'Amico and de Vrij's agent/SDV agency is legit as suggested by the link previously mentioned.
    May explain the BB & BM Duet's current rendition of 'Our Lips Are Sealed'; RIP Terry Hall.
    For myself, it has been relatively too all quiet on the 'to TFC' domestic MLS rumour front involving the other available key MLSFA candidates; GK's and CB's.
    Even the foreign goalkeeper rumour mentions do not seem to have typical and reasonable follow-up gossip; other than the initial citations.
    While TFC probably have several irons in the fire, I am starting to suspect our duo are more likely pursing foreign targets for these positions.
    I imagine and believe with an expected respectable international over domestic GK.
    That is hopefully defended by a Hedges and de Vrij or like pairing.
    In such a case I too could agree with a CB DP; of course, unless it is a decision between a DP CB and Jorginho.
    The core back/spine would be transformed overnight; in one/two window/s.
    With that defensive triangle we could be among the MLS best.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 12-25-2022 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Grammar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As the other poster above said, I don’t think it’s in the interest of TFC to splash this money on a defender when we have only a TAM striker at the moment and midfield could also use an upgrade. Getting unique talent in those positions would appear to be the more conventional move.

If he’s going to get $4 million net from inter and other top clubs in Europe are interested, there would appear to be little chance he ends up here. But leave that aside and say there is interest. This move would certainly catch the eye of MLS HQ. Whether they would “Olof Mellberg” our deal or not is unclear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Yeah, if you are gonna go DP CB you might aswell go big. Plus his name kind of sounds like "The Fridge".
    It's pronounced "De Vreye."

He is, at the moment, half the player he was a couple years ago. He's lost a step over the last year and a half, but his bad form can also be attributed to Inzaghi's gung-ho tactics that leaves his CBs hopelessly exposed. In a more suitable setup, I think he's still probably too good for MLS, so I wouldn't be opposed. Not old, either. It's honestly been weird watching him struggle the way he has. Was surely one of Europe's most underrated defenders at his best. I'd expect Simeone or Conte to get him back to near that level.

Would form one slow CB pairing with Hedges, though. In any case, I don't see him coming to MLS right now.
    Last edited by Bobo; 12-25-2022 at 10:18 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot imagine us showing a CB enough dough to cause them to leave top flight football. Especially one not Italian (or maybe English or Portuguese).
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”