RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    also he's right in his prime and will be for years which is nice
    JJ, I love you, I respect you, I cherish you while you are here,

but if you're not willing to be a backup, you may need to find a new home. This guy being very willing to take shots fits right on in with two very active wingers that can pull defenders out for clearer shots means you're probably in trouble.
    Last edited by Yuushalinsky; 12-20-2022 at 10:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post

but if you're not willing to be a backup, you may need to find a new home. This guy being very willing to take shots fits right on in with two very active wingers that can pull defenders out for clearer shots means you're probably in trouble.
    We haven't signed this guy yet...

I like JJ as well. Its evident he knows how to play. Much more so the Akinola. I'm hoping a full pre-season with the team will help him better.

If we get both I'm all for it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    We haven't signed this guy yet...

I like JJ as well. Its evident he knows how to play. Much more so the Akinola. I'm hoping a full pre-season with the team will help him better.

If we get both I'm all for it.
    Look, I'm just huffing the copium - I could see us doing some weird shenanigans with both but I think the main reason why he'd come over is for more consistent playing time. Having all this GAM tied up in JJ isn't exactly a great look either.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To go beyond just Saeter, the report also mentions that there are other strikers on the list for TFC.

We're far more aggressive, earlier in the season. Very encouraging.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it’s the same story as when Bob was in LA. He’s going to rotate these guys depending on the situation and otherwise have them fight it out for the starters role. Both will have opportunities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like a good guy to pair up with Bernie and Insigne.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So there is only ONE highlights video for the guy right now, which starts off kinda weird:

Looks to be an EXCELLENT shot in Eliteserien (a league whose transfer values mostly match up with J-League/most MLS clubs). Seems to be willing to take deeper shots compared to a JJ who has proven to be more of an in-box, poachy striker.
    OK that first highlight... that ground! I have been to a second division game in Iceland, and the field I was at looks like Anfield, compared to wherever this game was... I mean, I hope we are not looking at a guy that played in the Shire against Hobbits.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kind of weird that this guy is 6'4 and there are no headed goals in his highlight video though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    OK that first highlight... that ground! I have been to a second division game in Iceland, and the field I was at looks like Anfield, compared to wherever this game was... I mean, I hope we are not looking at a guy that played in the Shire against Hobbits.
    Could just be a pre-season game (or a COVID game alternate location) given the type of field. Playing at the IMG fields/Disney fields/BMO training grounds/where TFC2 played last year in Arizona during COVID. Those are some examples of TFC/TFC2/Canada playing on non-stadium fields with non-stadium backgrounds

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Could just be a pre-season game (or a COVID game alternate location) given the type of field. Playing at the IMG fields/Disney fields/BMO training grounds/where TFC2 played last year in Arizona during COVID. Those are some examples of TFC/TFC2/Canada playing on non-stadium fields with non-stadium backgrounds
    Oh I am just joking around. I get that the stadium means nothing. But boy was that poky!
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Kind of weird that this guy is 6'4 and there are no headed goals in his highlight video though.
    Going to assume he’s proficient in the area. We really need someone who can battle in the box.

To the weakness of the team right now is the second we’re behind in any game, the other team bunkers and basically murders us on the counter. Need a real threat in the box plus some midfield speed to stop it from happening (Hedges will help too obviously).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we should be looking to sign a nico-hasler type player who can fill in at fullback or midfield.

would be absolutely perfect for us right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I am just joking around. I get that the stadium means nothing. But boy was that poky!
    Except for most (not all of) last season he’s played his football in the Norwegian 2nd, 3rd and 4th flights in, no doubt, plenty of poky stadiums.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 12-20-2022 at 12:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC on Instagram just posted a video saying "announcement coming soon" ...

Hmmmm. Mavinga re-signed? Something bigger?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC on Instagram just posted a video saying "announcement coming soon" ...

I think the MLS schedule launch is tomorrow.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 2023 schedule is to be released today if I remember correctly.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

schedule released today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

schedule released today
    Booo. Was hoping for a big signing announcement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Season starts Feb. 25 at DCU.
    Last edited by MikeForbes; 12-20-2022 at 02:32 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/Total_TFC/status...dXjZm_byA&s=19

Would make sense and give some much needed youth and depth to the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s a shame about JJ because he is exactly the quality TAM level dude that makes sense in MLS. Just doesn’t fit in the puzzle with Insigne and Berna.

Still holding out hope for Ayo, but hey if we can get decent trades for both then I’m fine for it. Really any trade is good given the TAM and Young Money spot both are going to occupy to warm the bench.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Except for most (not all of) last season he’s played his football in the Norwegian 2nd, 3rd and 4th flights in, no doubt, plenty of poky stadiums.
    That is actually a risk factor. Even the second division is semipro in a place like that. Lower leagues than that are barely better than high school or pub leagues. I mean, should we just have another look at Mo Babouli, while we are at it?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is actually a risk factor. Even the second division is semipro in a place like that. Lower leagues than that are barely better than high school or pub leagues. I mean, should we just have another look at Mo Babouli, while we are at it?
    i mean if a bunch of teams are looking at him he's clearly got something to him that scouts have seen.

jamie vardy didn't play a match in the football league (not premier league, top 4 divisions) until he was 25.

also he's one of 5/6 strikers on a list the article says, so nothing advanced yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you look at it that way… sort of sounds like a slight better version of Charles Andres-Brym. Shows potential at lower levels, but does it translate?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i mean if a bunch of teams are looking at him he's clearly got something to him that scouts have seen.
    jamie vardy didn't play a match in the football league (not premier league, top 4 divisions) until he was 25.

also he's one of 5/6 strikers on a list the article says, so nothing advanced yet.
    Rosenborg are a decent team. Vardy is always the example. I am just a bit put off by the potential cost. Doesn’t feel right to pay a million dollars for this profile. But I won’t complain if they do it. I have no idea. Just pointing out the obvious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    When you look at it that way… sort of sounds like a slight better version of Charles Andres-Brym. Shows potential at lower levels, but does it translate?
    Signing a striker with only one season in the top division is a risk, I’d say. His two best seasons are his last season and one season in the 4th flight - similar numbers, at least.

The highlight video seemed to feature only all his goals from outside the box giving him a freakishly one dimensional game. Presumably with those eight assists last year his combination play is good, and there might be headed goals and goals scored in the box as well, haha. But to me this only makes sense if he comes cheap and isn’t necessarily expected to start. Along with Ayo and JJ, having three strikers who aren’t reliable doesn’t seem a good idea to me. Also, I don’t think the two Italians will allow room to stumble. We really need a top striker who they will respect.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rosenborg are a decent team. Vardy is always the example. I am just a bit put off by the potential cost. Doesn’t feel right to pay a million dollars for this profile. But I won’t complain if they do it. I have no idea. Just pointing out the obvious.
    Transfermarket had his highest transfer fee at 1M Euros and he is entering the last 6 months of his deal and refusing to re-sign. No way there would be a fee near that. Maybe $500K.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Transfermarket had his highest transfer fee at 1M Euros and he is entering the last 6 months of his deal and refusing to re-sign. No way there would be a fee near that. Maybe $500K.
    yeah, would likely be a depth striker piece.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, would likely be a depth striker piece.
    Not knowing much about that league I checked their salaries. The average is around 430000NKR which is about $43K USD. This guy will be nowhere near TAM.

Only 2 players in the whole league making TAM level money.

Looks like Saeter makes 400K NKR so that's around $40K USD. If they offer him a Jaden Nelsen level deal he would probably jump at it.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 12-20-2022 at 05:18 PM.