Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Whose option is that though?
    Mls is 99% club options

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    It's him saying "Looks like the club and player are moving on.", not just the photo. Could be Mavinga's lease is up at the end of the year and he's moving. Mavinga had mentioned before he'd like to buy a home in Toronto. Mavinga tweeted that he's going to be in France for the World Cup final. He goes back to France every off season, and makes sense that he'd leave around now since his daughter's school is probably about wrapped up for the year. As of 5 days ago, Buffery stated that TFC was still negotiating with Mavinga on a new contract. I find it hard to believe that between then and now talks broke down, Mavinga and his family ended their lease, and hired movers.

It's mostly that Duane tweets out statements that are often times quite baseless.
    Could be either way. The only way I can see him returning is if he took a 50% to 60% paycut and probably on a 1+1. Could see him look elsewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS website is indicating Matt Hedges is officially signing according to sources, i would have to think the evidence is clear or they wouldnt post

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/insid...k-for-strikers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Not sure about his post.
    If he was moving, to another city or oversees, wouldn't you expect a better pack-up job; even a small container?
    Seems like he may be moving within our city?
    Mavinga is another social media user you must be wary of, haha. He’s as unreliable/difficult to read as it gets. Buffery wrote a story recently based on his mystifying tweets.

Does look like a local move but who knows. As for his location in Paris, that is to be expected around this time of the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While it's fine to be worried about VV's age, one thing that makes it easier is we now live in a 5 substitution game as opposed to 3 subs. So subbing in a guy with less legs isn't as huge a burden on tired guys because you have 4 other subs who can alleviate tired legs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    While it's fine to be worried about VV's age, one thing that makes it easier is we now live in a 5 substitution game as opposed to 3 subs. So subbing in a guy with less legs isn't as huge a burden on tired guys because you have 4 other subs who can alleviate tired legs.
    That’s true. And if we find someone quick and effective to spell MB, it will be even easier to get VV on the pitch.

So, who is our midfield depth to alleviate tired legs? VV, Nelson, Thompson and Antonoglou? So far we’ll need the kids to take a step or two up… the legs are there but not sure about the rest of what’s needed.

And if we grant that JMR is not a back, am I missing someone or is Richie our only outside back on the roster? A back who could be leaving mid season or earlier. (His world cup performances ought to get him another look in Europe if he wants that.)
    Last edited by los sonadores; 12-16-2022 at 05:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Through the last few signings even going back in the summer we are going mostly for proven mls commodities.

Laryea, MAK, hedges, Vazquez.

Even re signing oso as opposed to going abroad for a potentially cheaper replacement.
    Someone remind me why TFC has a scouting dept. Oh yeah all those high quality internationals we keep signing on bargain contracts.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fist thought about Hedges 6 years ago before we got Moor.

If you see a decent 26 year old defender right now, consider him coming here in 2028.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

If you see a decent 26 year old defender right now, consider him coming here in 2028.
    Which is a great point. We should always be in the market for these sorts of foundational pieces. The best career MLS guys are incredibly valuable.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frankly, they're kind of the only great defenders (and also have an incredibly short window of being the best defenders in MLS) - better young/prime defenders quickly get snapped up by literally anyone even slightly better than MLS level teams, worse ones stick around

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Someone remind me why TFC has a scouting dept. Oh yeah all those high quality internationals we keep signing on bargain contracts.

i agree...why bother having one,i hope these guys are not on commission.they would be broke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to TFC, Miles Robinson!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    we're getting proven MLS players, which is the foundation of basically every championship team.

people will complain about anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well...
    If TFC is getting the band back together?...
    Maybe it's not the year of Jordan Perruzza but Jordan...
    Why not?
    How you like them apples?

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 12-17-2022 at 02:44 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well...
    If TFC is getting the band back together?...
    Maybe it's not the year of Jordan Perruzza but Jordan...
    Why not?
    How you like them apples?

Nowhere near good enough.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/sta...CTfK3yHWQ&s=19

Sounds like mavinga is still in talks

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/sta...CTfK3yHWQ&s=19

Sounds like mavinga is still in talks
    wow what a shocker Duane Rollins is a hack

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, what gives?
    Clearly I have missed something; history?
    This is the second time/individual in as many weeks I have been cautioned about.
    Seems there are a few twitter posters some of you care less/very little for.
    Is there some sort of an 'in the know' RPB list I should be referencing for such instances?
    Are some of these cases- individuals from other supporter groups?
    Can't help but feel this just happened to me...

https://twitter.com/Toronto_Sports/s...tp-TDFPVw&s=19

This is why you don't post him.

Here he is attacking Chris mavinga for caring about his family while his kid is sick.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/Toronto_Sports/s...tp-TDFPVw&s=19

This is why you don't post him.

Here he is attacking Chris mavinga for caring about his family while his kid is sick.
    Probably some doofus in his basement posting under a fake Twitter name. I doubt "Teddy" is his real name.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just on Mavinga, I do think he's gone.

They have O'Neill and MacNaughton as MLS caliber options at CB, so with Hedges, that's three. Seems to me it was always him or Hedges… you cannot have expensive depth players in multiple roles, it doesn’t work under the cap.

All to say I wouldn’t put the appreciation thread up just yet, but I'd be composing it…

(Social media sidebar: I think the timing of the Hedges signing, and that post two hours later, makes that post signal not noise. If the team is trying to help Chris, then they wouldn’t say anything until Mavinga sorts out a new gig. Chris wears his heart on his sleeve and emoted that post, and dutifully walked it back today. Not that any of this is why I have the opinion I do on the likelihood of his return.)
    Last edited by ensco; 12-17-2022 at 03:02 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Just on Mavinga, I do think he's gone.

They have O'Neill and MacNaughton as MLS caliber options at CB, so with Hedges, that's three. Seems to me it was always him or Hedges… you cannot have expensive depth players in multiple roles, it doesn’t work under the cap.

All to say I wouldn’t put the appreciation thread up just yet, but I'd be composing it…

(Social media sidebar: I think the timing of the Hedges signing, and that post two hours later, makes that post signal not noise. If the team is trying to help Chris, then they wouldn’t say anything until Mavinga sorts out a new gig. Chris wears his heart on his sleeve and emoted that post, and dutifully walked it back today. Not that any of this is why I have the opinion I do on the likelihood of his return.)
    Things in favour of Mavinga staying: A) Bob clearly likes him (and I don’t think Bradley works with anyone he doesn’t like/respect. For example it was somewhat telling, that excited hug he went out of his way to give Oso before beginning the Oso press conference), and B: it seems Bradley likes a quick and mobile back four. Mavinga is the only centre back we have who has wheels. And it’s not easy to inexpensively replace that.

Also, although after the previous season’s failures it sounds myopic for management to talk about only needing to add a few MLS veterans, replacing half or more of the starting 11 is always going to be a crapshoot. Too many variables and not enough budget. I don’t think they want to be still sorting basic stuff out come summer when there will be more additions. It’s a good idea to re-sign the guys that you know and who know the club.

P.S. I’m thinking of Mavinga as a starter still, and whose play is substantially improved by being paired with Hedges. Another reason to resign him. MacNaughton being the insurance if that doesn’t work out. O’Neil is not starting quality to me when under Bradley. He doesn’t make many unforced errors but he also doesn’t do much else especially well.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 12-17-2022 at 06:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mavinga had a really bad year. He cost us points. That being said, if his head is in the right place, he's a decent player.

I think it all comes down to the salary number. If he's unwilling to accept $350,000 - $400,000, they should let him go.

With Matt Hedges, McNaughton and O'Neal, they might see Mavinga as expendable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nowhere near good enough.
    I know and absolutely agree.
    Just dumb silliness on my part.
    Hence the 'them apples'/grenades mention.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Things in favour of Mavinga staying: A) Bob clearly likes him (and I don’t think Bradley works with anyone he doesn’t like/respect. For example it was somewhat telling, that excited hug he went out of his way to give Oso before beginning the Oso press conference), and B: it seems Bradley likes a quick and mobile back four. Mavinga is the only centre back we have who has wheels. And it’s not easy to inexpensively replace that.

Also, although after the previous season’s failures it sounds myopic for management to talk about only needing to add a few MLS veterans, replacing half or more of the starting 11 is always going to be a crapshoot. Too many variables and not enough budget. I don’t think they want to be still sorting basic stuff out come summer when there will be more additions. It’s a good idea to re-sign the guys that you know and who know the club.

P.S. I’m thinking of Mavinga as a starter still, and whose play is substantially improved by being paired with Hedges. Another reason to resign him. MacNaughton being the insurance if that doesn’t work out. O’Neil is not starting quality to me when under Bradley. He doesn’t make many unforced errors but he also doesn’t do much else especially well.
    i hardly think mavinga is one of bobs favs,bob put him under the bus a few times last season,mavinga had jus has many blunders has bono last season,he cost alot of points,the thing he has going ,he is left footed,and they cant scout shit outside the mls

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Full backs

A starting keeper

A dangerous central forward

Younger midfield depth.

Still a few things to get yet. Its a week until Christmas so unlikely much next week except the Hedges announcement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Full backs Richard Eckersley

A starting keeper joe bendik

A dangerous central forward jozy

Younger midfield depth.bustos

Still a few things to get yet. Its a week until Christmas so unlikely much next week except the Hedges announcement.
    jus kidding around...it may be busy next week,the draft is thursday,,,,maybe some trades

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jordan Hamilton wants to go to Europe. Uh, okay.

Have fun in Bulgaria or Finland or Lichtenstein.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    jus kidding around...it may be busy next week,the draft is thursday,,,,maybe some trades
    Given that we don't draft until the second round, I doubt we are getting much out of this year's picks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Dutch Army Knife.
    Versatility and depth.
    Forward: centre, wings... both, yet prefers left.
    Midfield: an attacker.
    Low transfer/loan fee?
    High salary.
    Has baggage.
    May be toxic.
    Certainly full of anger.
    Would Memphis fit with Lolo and Fede?
    Is he still quality.
    Also as a hip hopper, Toronto could work. We're in the mix; tho behind NY, LA and ATL.
    Out of MLS/TFC reach?

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 12-17-2022 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Grammar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Jordan Hamilton wants to go to Europe. Uh, okay.

Have fun in Bulgaria or Finland or Lichtenstein.
    Maybe Super Liga- Moldova?