Page 66 of 174 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 5193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    He didn’t fit well into Bradley’s ‘system’… wasn’t being used well. I was happy to see him thrive in Miami.

had to question BB's vision- Poz would have unlocked the offense 100 %

Instead they made him play a defensive role until he didnt look good and traded him for pennies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Shaffelberg's transfer fee was 300K. Same as Petrasso. That is what Priso was worth, more or less. I can pretty easily make the case that Nashville getting only $1M and a 10% sell on got absolutely fleeced by Montreal on Johnston, given what has happened.

MAK was already an MLS all star, and had a ton of stellar league and Canada performances behind him, when we got him. It may or may not work out, but it wasn’t “ridiculous”.

I straight up don’t like the way a number of people talk about Kaye. It's bad on the Vs board. There is a mean spiritedness he attracts.

He was hurt, and I am worried about his form too. We'll see how it goes. I hope he knows that a ton of people are in his corner and are rooting for him.

the trade would have been okay without the 1st rounded- the 1st round pick made it ridiculous- on top of the fact he didnt contribute to our weakened mid-field causing TFC not to be competitive and miss the playoffs.

I agree with 99% of everything you have said-

there is a reason why kaye didnt even start for canada - until it was too late and Estaqiuo was injured.

Priso could have done better when needed

TFC has tanked two possible seasons of making the playoffs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Two Weeks?... almost, if you account for the 'holidays'...

this makes me super uncomfortable yet again- its like they will sign a couple more italians and canadians and call it a day.

this is not what I want- I want a competitive team regardless of nations- there will be 48 teams playing in 2026 world cup

there has to be more than twp out of 48 nations - this terrible bill manning is looking at .

is it fair to put a sign on at BMO saying enough is enough already

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    the trade would have been okay without the 1st rounded- the 1st round pick made it ridiculous- on top of the fact he didnt contribute to our weakened mid-field causing TFC not to be competitive and miss the playoffs.

I agree with 99% of everything you have said-

there is a reason why kaye didnt even start for canada - until it was too late and Estaqiuo was injured.

Priso could have done better when needed

TFC has tanked two possible seasons of making the playoffs
    First round picks are worth very little. Although they have weirdly been great value for Canadians (Tajon and DSC). But most are busts.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First round picks are worth very little. Although they have weirdly been great value for Canadians (Tajon and DSC). But most are busts.
    Sure, draft pick value has decreased every year as homegrown quality has improved, but a 2nd overall pick (which is what our traded pick is) should be able to net you at least a decent bench option.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shaffelberg's transfer fee was 300K. Same as Petrasso. That is what Priso was worth, more or less. I can pretty easily make the case that Nashville getting only $1M and a 10% sell on got absolutely fleeced by Montreal on Johnston, given what has happened.

MAK was already an MLS all star, and had a ton of stellar league and Canada performances behind him, when we got him. It may or may not work out, but it wasn’t “ridiculous”.

I straight up don’t like the way a number of people talk about Kaye. It's bad on the Vs board. There is a mean spiritedness he attracts.

He was hurt, and I am worried about his form too. We'll see how it goes. I hope he knows that a ton of people are in his corner and are rooting for him.
    Good post

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this makes me super uncomfortable yet again- its like they will sign a couple more italians and canadians and call it a day.

this is not what I want- I want a competitive team regardless of nations- there will be 48 teams playing in 2026 world cup

there has to be more than twp out of 48 nations - this terrible bill manning is looking at .

is it fair to put a sign on at BMO saying enough is enough already
    What are you talking about?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

had to question BB's vision- Poz would have unlocked the offense 100 %

Instead they made him play a defensive role until he didnt look good and traded him for pennies
    Pozuelo was a complete liability defensively and him in the same team as insigne would have been bad.

Would have been trying to occupy the same space, make the same passes.

They made the right call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Pozuelo was a complete liability defensively and him in the same team as insigne would have been bad.

Would have been trying to occupy the same space, make the same passes.

They made the right call.
    I would not want Pozuelo back. Not because he isn’t a good player but rather with us committing to LI and Berna there are more pressing things we need to address.

But some of your other comments here a bit misplaced. He’s not a “defensible liability”, he simply plays a role where less defending is expected of him. Bob Bradley played him out of position as a box-to-box mid. Justifying it by saying we were preparing for how we’d play when the Italians arrived. It’s not really representative of Poz’s game, more representative of BB being a bit stubborn and myopic with that decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hedges! Things are finally starting to happen.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I would not want Pozuelo back. Not because he isn’t a good player but rather with us committing to LI and Berna there are more pressing things we need to address.

But some of your other comments here a bit misplaced. He’s not a “defensible liability”, he simply plays a role where less defending is expected of him. Bob Bradley played him out of position as a box-to-box mid. Justifying it by saying we were preparing for how we’d play when the Italians arrived. It’s not really representative of Poz’s game, more representative of BB being a bit stubborn and myopic with that decision.
    He was a defensive liability tho.

Just a reality

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hedges is such a huge signing.

Shades of Drew Moor about this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a reality

so are most great offensive players - whats your point exactly- BB is stubborn and did poz no favors- he played his butt off trying his best.

have to question your comments sometimes- you can be open to more than one view point without disregarding others valid opinions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

thank you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hedges is such a huge signing.

Shades of Drew Moor about this.

at 32 ? could end up like OG and TFC is lucky to have one good season- would prefer someone younger who isnt on their last legs.

Happy to be proven wrong - if he performs well in his second year plus.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so are most great offensive players - whats your point exactly- BB is stubborn and did poz no favors- he played his butt off trying his best.

have to question your comments sometimes- you can be open to more than one view point without disregarding others valid opinions.
    it's not a subjective topic tho.

he has always been a defensive liability, just we could afford it previously.

with insigne coming in, you can no longer afford it, so they traded him, and got something for him as opposed to nothing which is what they would have gotten 6 months later

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at 32 ? could end up like OG and TFC is lucky to have one good season- would prefer someone younger who isnt on their last legs.

Happy to be proven wrong - if he performs well in his second year plus.
    guess what age drew moor was when he signed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay!! Hedges will be great. Big upgrade.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He arriveth!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hedges is a great addition. Gotta hope for two solid years, anything after that is gravy or we use our buyout on him. Things are coming together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enjoying this post...
    The follow-up...
    'Unofficially, official'...

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 12-16-2022 at 12:09 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta see the numbers and especially the term, before I know what I think re Hedges.

But yeah, classic MLS gritty veteran. Always admired him.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta see the numbers and especially the term, before I know what I think re Hedges.

But yeah, classic MLS gritty veteran. Always admired him.
    as a free agent tho anything will be decent.

the trade haul you would have to give up for a guy like this had he been under contract would be obscene (1.5-2 M GAM likely).

great signing. next a GK please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonna assume Hedges is somewhere between 800k and a million.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a reality
    We could also say Lewis Hamilton is a liability when trusted to drive a school bus.

The issue is the assignment, not the individual.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 12-16-2022 at 12:20 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Gonna assume Hedges is somewhere between 800k and a million.
    could be less, but an extra year.

also probably the attraction of playing with guys like insigne and berna (and also being coached by bob, who has through the roof respect in american soccer) cannot be overstated, especially for MLS vets at unflashy clubs their whole careers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Hedges is a great addition. Gotta hope for two solid years, anything after that is gravy or we use our buyout on him. Things are coming together.

two years would be blessed with a replacement to learn from him already on the club.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy was in demand.

I predict Hedges got $1M a year for 4 years (perhaps 3 years and a player option at a somewhat reduced number like $750K).

Hope I am wrong and it's only 3 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I support this move/get.
    I like Matt Hedges; what he represents for and should be able to contribute to TFC.
    However, and in fairness, we must be cognizant that there are Matt Hedges detractors with legitimate concerns/opinions...
    IIUC while he was sidelined injured/with injuries significant portions of the '20 and '21 seasons; he was injured!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, this continues a trend of bringing in former captains. Between Bradley, Hedges, Oso and Insigne, we should have a very nice leadership core.