Page 65 of 174 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 5193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope he does too. But if he shows a marked improvement right out of the gate, then, as someone mentioned previously, serious questions have to be asked of our our GK coaching staff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, I've been playing a lot of Football Manager 2023 and obviously video game stats translate directly to real life so with that , here is my wish list for this team:

- Dejan Joveljic - Trade Akinola and a bag of GAM, let's do whatever we can to bring him in.
    - Dayne St. Clair - tremendous - funny to see him being actually linked to us - here's hoping this happens.

I ended up using our last DP spot on a defender, Djene Dakonam playing out of Getafe. That in addition to another proven MLS defender, Jesus Murillo, was key to making us champions in 2024

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS may be a stalking horse in the availability/pursuit of Sirigu.
    Conflicting reports out of Italy/Napoli suggesting La Salernitana has/doesn't have interest.

https://twitter.com/infoitsport/stat...66837692780545

https://www.informazione.it/a/B9988A...n-vuole-Sirigu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking about it...
    If spice is life...
    A TFC/Wout Weghorst vs IMCF/Lionel Messi rivalry MLS match would be interesting and fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Training camp starts January 6th. Tick, tock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC candidate?
    After BB's time in/with Egypt?
    Perhaps has a connect to him?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Training camp starts January 6th. Tick, tock.
    Ali Curtis must be involved somehow.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Oso/Vazquez means you only need to add a competent holding midfielder for the 18. Unless Jayden goes, in which case you probably still want another box-to-box guy (who might also be your holding midfielder). Good stuff.

Still need:
    - Starting leftback
    - Two starting centreback
    - Starting Keeper
    - Starting striker
    - Subs at fullback, holding midfield, wing

Seems lazy still no one fresh really yet.

Lots of noise but nothing meaningful.

How does TFC go from midfield depth as a strength to a weakness and not be address.

VV doesn't excite me maybe good help the yute grow a bit .

I dont know anymore this management team is slowing killing my TFC blood.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about this Pozuelo guy? Anybody heard of him?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we could sign Pozuelo to play behind Insigne and Bernadeschi .. wow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.mastro View Post
    Could've kept him last year if they wanted. We had an open DP slot and they traded him instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Ali Curtis must be involved somehow.
    Two Weeks?... almost, if you account for the 'holidays'...

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 12-15-2022 at 09:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matt Hedges...
    Still pending.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How likely does everyone think it is we could get Adekugbe? I don't know how much Hatayspor paid for him, but it was only last year on a three-year deal. I can't see why they'd want to get rid of him unless he really wants to come here and forces the move. But then we'd probably have to pay at least somewhere in the $2-3 million range of a transfer fee for someone who would probably be max-TAM.

Does that make sense? Is that worth it? My heart says yes, but my head doesn't know.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    How likely does everyone think it is we could get Adekugbe? I don't know how much Hatayspor paid for him, but it was only last year on a three-year deal. I can't see why they'd want to get rid of him unless he really wants to come here and forces the move. But then we'd probably have to pay at least somewhere in the $2-3 million range of a transfer fee for someone who would probably be max-TAM.

Does that make sense? Is that worth it? My heart says yes, but my head doesn't know.

Looks like Max TAM for sure - a contract would expire next year so we would definitely have to pay a transfer fee, but he is only getting paid 400k pounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.mastro View Post
    He didn’t fit well into Bradley’s ‘system’… wasn’t being used well. I was happy to see him thrive in Miami.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post

Giving up that much TAM for a LB wouldn't be good business. We probably already overpaid for one CMNT player in Kaye, went out of our way to bring back Richie and brought back Oso.
    We don't need to drain the rest of our GAM based on a players nationality.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Could've kept him last year if they wanted. We had an open DP slot and they traded him instead.
    No that wasn't the way the timing went down, they needed the DP spot freed up to sign Fede, then the Salcedo situation blew up a week or two after that. It's possible you are right, if they knew Salcedo was going to blow, but that isn't the way the public timeline played out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    He didn’t fit well into Bradley’s ‘system’… wasn’t being used well. I was happy to see him thrive in Miami.
    I never got this, or at least if it's true, the BB needs to cut it out and be more flexible.. Pozo could have been the magic man between the two Italians, no?

I highly doubt this will happen, but who has a better idea? These guys are running out of time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Giving up that much TAM for a LB wouldn't be good business. We probably already overpaid for one CMNT player in Kaye, went out of our way to bring back Richie and brought back Oso.
    We don't need to drain the rest of our GAM based on a players nationality.
    manning with this build the team around 2026 WC is total bullshit.build the team to win in general.and yes the kaye payment was ridiculous

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Kaye payment was not ridiculous. It was in the range of market. He just either didn’t play well, or got hurt, or both. The disdain for Kaye is weird, it is not right. Lets see what happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The Kaye payment was not ridiculous. It was in the range of market. He just either didn’t play well, or got hurt, or both. The disdain for Kaye is weird, it is not right. Lets see what happens.
    he has been average for 2 to 3 years now with canada and in the mls.its like 1,6 mil when you add the 3rd pick and the inter roster spot this year.i hope he plays better,because i am a fan
    jus to add,they gave up a good young Canadian prospect in Priso who s value is in the 1 mil area according to transfer market
    Last edited by reggie; 12-15-2022 at 11:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    he has been average for 2 to 3 years now with canada and in the mls.its like 1,6 mil when you add the 3rd pick and the inter roster spot this year.i hope he plays better,because i am a fan
    jus to add,they gave up a good young Canadian prospect in Priso who s value is in the 1 mil area according to transfer market
    I know we're all hopeful that Priso succeeds, but he only played 190 minutes after moving to Colorado. Seems like he didn't impress there much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    I know we're all hopeful that Priso succeeds, but he only played 190 minutes after moving to Colorado. Seems like he didn't impress there much.
    we dont know what priso will become.but you have to add his market value to the trade.which right or wrong is around 1 mil.
    i think mtl paid like 500k for miller and 800k for AJ,kaye should of been in that ballpark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we dont know what priso will become.but you have to add his market value to the trade.which right or wrong is around 1 mil.
    i think mtl paid like 500k for miller and 800k for AJ,kaye should of been in that ballpark
    Johnston was 1 million. 750 2022 GAM and 250 2023 GAM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    Johnston was 1 million. 750 2022 GAM and 250 2023 GAM.
    ok...i would of been ok giving that up for kaye

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally agree that we don't know what Priso becomes. I hope he succeeds! It was a trade of a prospect that could be really great, for someone already at their peak who is really good, but not great and not awful. A classic win now move.

As others have alluded to, there's been pretty significant inflation to GAM, so its hard to compare GAM trades one year to the next because there's been such a huge influx of GAM into the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand it is a fanciful idea inspired by wishful thinking...
    Yet... Unicorns Are Horses...
    I expect a phone call and conversation at the very least to better have happened between Bill Manning and his 'Transfer Brother-In-Arms'...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shaffelberg's transfer fee was 300K. Same as Petrasso. That is what Priso was worth, more or less. I can pretty easily make the case that Nashville getting only $1M and a 10% sell on got absolutely fleeced by Montreal on Johnston, given what has happened.

MAK was already an MLS all star, and had a ton of stellar league and Canada performances behind him, when we got him. It may or may not work out, but it wasn’t “ridiculous”.

I straight up don’t like the way a number of people talk about Kaye. It's bad on the Vs board. There is a mean spiritedness he attracts.

He was hurt, and I am worried about his form too. We'll see how it goes. I hope he knows that a ton of people are in his corner and are rooting for him.
    Last edited by ensco; 12-16-2022 at 09:00 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MAK - Osorio should be considered a good anchor for the next few years, but there's still more work to be done there. I am starting to get a little anxious about depth signings again, not going to lie, but there's still time.