Page 60 of 174 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 5193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I doubt we're the only ones that thought of having a plan B or C. Callens is still out there.
    Sorry, wouldn't Callens be (part of) Plan A?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Yeah that's true but it's more symbolic than anything really meaningful.
    Which is why I think the team should do it...but its not the priority.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have we been linked with an outside back? Brian Reynolds sounds like it might be a means to get Dayne St Clair (in the only Reynolds rumour that had specifics).

And second question to the board: Does anyone know the terms of Layrea’s loan? I know we’re paying his Forest salary but can he be recalled before the summer end of the loan? If so we’d need to sign two starting outside backs fast (and three overall if we’re okay with Antouglo and his zero mls experience as the LB back up… JMR didn't seem at all a RB.)

Richie, of course, can play either side with ease, but given that the best of a very weak bunch of kid fullbacks from last season was probably Petrasso, it seems we need some truly adequate signings at both Left and RB.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 12-10-2022 at 02:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    fake account

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who really has that much free time to create a fake Tom Bogert account to start a Hugo friggin' Gonzalez rumor?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^

…Agent?
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 12-10-2022 at 05:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    fake account
    Damn, failed to spot that. Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Ayo in a three way trade rumour makes sense to me. He hasn’t looked good under Bradley and doesn’t much fit the current thinking (not as a 9, anyway). He’s a tradable asset and we need help in midfield and at the back from within the league.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    The Ayo in a three way trade rumour makes sense to me. He hasn’t looked good under Bradley and doesn’t much fit the current thinking (not as a 9, anyway). He’s a tradable asset and we need help in midfield and at the back from within the league.
    there is no ayo three way trade rumour

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is no ayo three way trade rumour
    Too bad because it sounds like an excellent idea!

Ivy69 🧤
    @KamIvy69
    ·
    Dec 8
    Signs are pointing to Ayo Akinola being shipped out. TFC is working on a deal that will see Ayo traded to a west conference team, potentially in a 3 way trade. Negotiations are in the beginning stages, but are underway.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too bad because it sounds like an excellent idea!

Ivy69 理
    @KamIvy69
    ·
    Dec 8
    Signs are pointing to Ayo Akinola being shipped out. TFC is working on a deal that will see Ayo traded to a west conference team, potentially in a 3 way trade. Negotiations are in the beginning stages, but are underway.
    yes, unfortunately he just makes stuff up to try to prove how easily fake transfer rumours get spread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, unfortunately he just makes stuff up to try to prove how easily fake transfer rumours get spread
    Ah, one would think that proposition wouldn’t need proving!

Wishful thinking on my part… there is always a chance Ayo redeems himself at TFC but it’s not looking good so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    ^

…Agent?
    This does seem like something a Mexican agent would do. Their transfer culture is wild.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, one would think that proposition wouldn’t need proving!

Wishful thinking on my part… there is always a chance Ayo redeems himself at TFC but it’s not looking good so far.
    Ayo’s young and lots of potential still but at times I wonder if Vanney was wrong to take him off the wing and try and make a Jozy back up out of him. He doesn’t quite have the same link up skills/soft feet that Jozy had, and he hasn’t yet mastered the hold up play part of what Jozy was teaching him. And now we need, seemingly, those precise skills as well as some presence in the air. Jozy, of course, also began on the wing early so maybe that shift takes time.

Akinola should be better a season further removed from his injury.

We’ve got about 1.5 million in salary in him and Jimenez, I wonder if we open the season with them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/Beezersun

I’m hearing that former #Reds midfielder Victor Vazquez will be in Toronto on Monday for a medical and may sign a contract with #TFCLive #MLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    https://twitter.com/Beezersun

I’m hearing that former #Reds midfielder Victor Vazquez will be in Toronto on Monday for a medical and may sign a contract with #TFCLive #MLS
    Please just let this guy go... We need guys who can play every game

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Valdal View Post
    Please just let this guy go... We need guys who can play every game
    Not true at all, he'd be an excellent midfield depth piece which we sorely missed last year.

He was excellent last season in that role for the galaxy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree. The role VV is being signed for - depth/stability/1000-1200 quality minutes - makes sense - and is similar to the one I wish MB was being asked to do.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I appreciate VV likely still has something to offer in this league. My concern is we already field a team that is either too young or too old and too slow (especially in midfield).

This is just another part that might add depth but doesn’t fix the problem. We need to physically compete in midfield if we are going to start winning consistently. Let’s address that before we worry about who is going to be a depth part as a playmaker.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I appreciate VV likely still has something to offer in this league. My concern is we already field a team that is either too young or too old and too slow (especially in midfield).

This is just another part that might add depth but doesn’t fix the problem. We need to physically compete in midfield if we are going to start winning consistently. Let’s address that before we worry about who is going to be a depth part as a playmaker.
    Last year when oso was out we lacked any semblance of creativity in the midfield.

This solves that problem very likely for a cheap price.

We also need more midfielders tho I agree

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as long as this is one of many midfield signings (or some evolution by the yutes), I'm more than happy with a prodigal son returning.

Would y'all hate me if I said Jayden Nelson could be a thing? I would hate me but I could see the logic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nelson, maybe, but where does he play? I meant to say this at the time…. I would really like to know where Herdman had Nelson playing in training pre WC.

Not sure our investment in Italians can be consistent with developing players on the wing. Shaff was one casualty…
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Would y'all hate me if I said Jayden Nelson could be a thing? I would hate me but I could see the logic
    I'm told he played better when he was tucked inside & that Insigne showed him a thing or two about not being foolish with the ball

But I wouldn't know for sure because I was blinded by all his stupidity when playing out on the wing pre Insigne.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not true at all, he'd be an excellent midfield depth piece which we sorely missed last year.

He was excellent last season in that role for the galaxy.
    FFS we had depth pieces last year that our hall of fame coach/general manager traded away so that his son would have no competition for his position, I clearly remember in 2017 that VV ran with a limp the entire season, he was broken down, Six years later I don’t believe he has got his spring back in his stride, can’t say this strongly enough HARDHARD PASS on Victor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I'm told he played better when he was tucked inside & that Insigne showed him a thing or two about not being foolish with the ball

But I wouldn't know for sure because I was blinded by all his stupidity when playing out on the wing pre Insigne.
    I found him vexing wherever he played, didn’t really see a big difference once the Italians came. Inside or outside, he had brilliant stretches and awful stretches, multiple times a game. He also has wheels. Those brilliant stretches, usually a result of that speed, are tantalizing, he can really close guys down for example … but he was never really composed on the ball, like, say, Kone…

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    FFS we had depth pieces last year that our hall of fame coach/general manager traded away so that his son would have no competition for his position, I clearly remember in 2017 that VV ran with a limp the entire season, he was broken down, Six years later I don’t believe he has got his spring back in his stride, can’t say this strongly enough HARDHARD PASS on Victor
    You clearly didn't watch much mls last year, and we had no offensive mid depth.

also arent you a montreal fan? why are you posting here?
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 12-11-2022 at 11:21 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

that's why I'd be hesitant to say that Nelson could take the next step but I'm going to choose optimism! I'm going to say yes to it and see what comes of a foolish decision

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last year when oso was out we lacked any semblance of creativity in the midfield.

This solves that problem very likely for a cheap price.

We also need more midfielders tho I agree
    VV is very slow and offers little defensive presence but then he rarely loses the ball when it’s at his feet. I think that unless we have some guys playing with the two Italians who can be brilliantly creative and anticipatory we’re going to have the same predicable game of ping pong from right wing to left and back again with no real 9 between them. Insigne seemed to be willing to play with Osorio and for sure he’s going to like and respect playing with VV (if they’re on the field together).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do agree with those that believe the addition of VV would help us; in the short term.
    You acquire/add such a piece if and when you can; the opportunity presents itself.
    He's added depth that should be able to play with/service both Lolo and Fede; footy IQ.
    I think he has and is good enough to be a difference to help give or outright get us 2-3 wins.
    We certainly do need another MID even if we re-sign Oso- HIGH TAM MAX.
    Perhaps the likes of an Alan Sonora or a Gonzalo Villar?
    If TFC does not go, pursue, the DP in MID option, maybe Oso transitions into the MB MID role; reins.
    With MAK and someone else the workhorses that Oso and Delgado once were.
    With MB and VV their immediate depth in the short term.

Also, some basement/unsubstantiated chatter of Dutch footballer CB Kik Pierie as a potential MLS candidate?
    IIUC he may have just been (short) loaned out?
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 12-12-2022 at 03:09 AM.