Page 43 of 174 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 5193
  1. #1261
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    5,442
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Romero is a 21 year old keeper. He comes from LAFC, so BB likely knows him well.

  2. #1262
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,233
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    21 year old GK, released by LAFC and on 95K a year.

    already an improvement on paying a backup goalie starting GK wages lol

  3. #1263
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    5,442
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    21 year old GK, released by LAFC and on 95K a year.

    already an improvement on paying a backup goalie starting GK wages lol
    If we get Miller as our starter, there is a good chance our starter and backup combined will make less than Alex Bono did last season.

  4. #1264
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,730
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought they might promote Luka Gavran to be a backup. I wonder if they would buy out Ranjitsingh to promote Gavran

  5. #1265
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,233
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    If we get Miller as our starter, there is a good chance our starter and backup combined will make less than Alex Bono did last season.
    it's amazing we were spending close to 900K on gks with one of the worst gk situations in the league

  6. #1266
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    5,442
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I thought they might promote Luka Gavran to be a backup. I wonder if they would buy out Ranjitsingh to promote Gavran
    Why they gave Ranjitsingh a two year deal is beyond me. That third keeper spot should belong to Gavran.

  7. #1267
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,274
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A couple of articles on our new keeper. I wouldnít be surprised if heís given a chance to start.

    https://www.lafc.com/news/tomas-rome...ung-goalkeeper

    https://www.angelsonparade.com/platf...m-tomas-romero

  8. #1268
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    15,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Given he was just cut free, Iím going to temper my expectations. But itís good to see us doing something in the market, I suppose

  9. #1269
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,233
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    A couple of articles on our new keeper. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s given a chance to start.

    https://www.lafc.com/news/tomas-rome...ung-goalkeeper

    https://www.angelsonparade.com/platf...m-tomas-romero

    i doubt that, but a backup with MLS and international experience for 95K/ year wages seems a coup.

    also, if they sign a guy like sean johnson to be number 1 for a few years, this guy could be a successor if he keeps developing.

    anyways, this seems to go against the idea that we overpay all the time. excellent signing.

  10. #1270
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    5,442
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Romero seems very likely to be the backup. I really hope he turns out to be elite, but going into the season with Romero and Ranjitsingh/Gavran as the goalies seems incredibly risky.

  11. #1271
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,233
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Romero seems very likely to be the backup. I really hope he turns out to be elite, but going into the season with Romero and Ranjitsingh/Gavran as the goalies seems incredibly risky.
    yeah he'll 100% be the backup

  12. #1272
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    16,318
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Given he was just cut free, Iím going to temper my expectations. But itís good to see us doing something in the market, I suppose
    He played 18 games for LAFC under Bob in 2021 but then was relegated to backup only duty.

    He may have asked for a move or to be released, as he was not pencilled in as a projected starter, they got him from Philly as a project.

    His numbers in 2021 were okay. As the LAFC blogger noted "Was it because none were starter-caliber or because Bradleyís system put an undue burden on the defense and goalkeeper putting out fires?"

    EIther way, he had four shutouts in 18 starts and better numbers than either Bono or Westberg over the last two years. AT 21. For 90K.

  13. #1273
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,233
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    1 signing down, 10 to go!

  14. #1274
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,730
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He could be the Marky Delgado type signing. We got him in the expansion draft from Chivas when he was young and became a key figure for us for multiple years

  15. #1275
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,233
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    https://twitter.com/tombogert/status...35546415353857

    cincy in talks with matt hedges.

    the CB im most interested in is callens. didn't someone on here say to watch out for him?

  16. #1276
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    5,442
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    https://twitter.com/tombogert/status...35546415353857

    cincy in talks with matt hedges.

    the CB im most interested in is callens. didn't someone on here say to watch out for him?
    I did. Haven't heard anything else about it, but he is a perfect fit for this team. Excels in a back 3 or 4 and is in his prime for a CB.

  17. #1277
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,274
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    yeah he'll 100% be the backup
    There are back ups who are nailed to the bench and back ups who start some matches, even quite a few. This one could be the later. No matter, itís good to have an experienced but very young keeper that can develop here.

  18. #1278
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    892
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah just by not spending 900k on the league's worst GKs we should be able to improve the spine of the defense with that.

  19. #1279
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,233
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    yeah just by not spending 900k on the league's worst GKs we should be able to improve the spine of the defense with that.
    obscene we were spending around 2 M on mavinga + 2 gks to get genuinely bottom end of MLS production out of them.

  20. #1280
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    5,442
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Romero played today for El Salvador in a 1-0 loss. The lone goal he conceded was a penalty.

  21. #1281
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    212
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    obscene we were spending around 2 M on mavinga + 2 gks to get genuinely bottom end of MLS production out of them.
    We could definitely replace Criscitio, Mavinga, Bono, and Westberg who were about 3.4 Million with

    Johnson at around 800 +
    Callens at 1.6 (If he comes it won't be for less than Max TAM). Some teams may be willing to give him more.
    Matarrita 500 or so.

  22. #1282
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Barrie
    Posts
    1,013
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This Romero fellow might also be cap exempt. I think heís on a homegrown deal after LAFC got his homegrown rights from Philly.

  23. #1283
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    4,328
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    We could definitely replace Criscitio, Mavinga, Bono, and Westberg who were about 3.4 Million with

    Johnson at around 800 +
    Callens at 1.6 (If he comes it won't be for less than Max TAM). Some teams may be willing to give him more.
    Matarrita 500 or so.
    I dont mind Matarrita,but i like moutinho a bit more.a bit more steady on the D end

  24. #1284
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    5,442
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    I dont mind Matarrita,but i like moutinho a bit more.a bit more steady on the D end
    Moutinho seemingly wants to go to Europe, but is already a decent MLS player with some room to grow.

  25. #1285
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,233
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    We could definitely replace Criscitio, Mavinga, Bono, and Westberg who were about 3.4 Million with

    Johnson at around 800 +
    Callens at 1.6 (If he comes it won't be for less than Max TAM). Some teams may be willing to give him more.
    Matarrita 500 or so.
    You can only offer 15% raises to free agents I think

  26. #1286
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    7,732
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    You can only offer 15% raises to free agents I think
    This is the rule. Callens max is $820K.

    Johnson was 600 something.

    Only way to do more is a DP deal. Nobody should be that crazy.

  27. #1287
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,233
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    This is the rule. Callens max is $820K.

    Johnson was 600 something.

    Only way to do more is a DP deal. Nobody should be that crazy.
    Yeah won't happen.

    Nycfc only ok losing these guys bc they have city group scouting network behind em and can probably get good young players to flip

  28. #1288
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    3,121
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    You can only offer 15% raises to free agents I think
    Question?
    So, theoretically, for the salary parameter on a Stage 2 Re-Entry negotiation.
    For... let me suggest a 'Tello'.
    Would it then be from one dollar to 15% more of his current/previous salary?
    Even though, the very fact the player is in Stage 2 Re-Entry essentially means- the expectation is- his salary is being reduced.

  29. #1289
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    16,318
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Question?
    So, theoretically, for the salary parameter on a Stage 2 Re-Entry negotiation.
    For... let me suggest a 'Tello'.
    Would it then be from one dollar to 15% more of his current/previous salary?
    Even though, the very fact the player is in Stage 2 Re-Entry essentially means- the expectation is- his salary is being reduced.
    These dudes aren't free agents, they're contracted players who have been waived. The fifteen percent max hike refers to free agents only, I believe.

  30. #1290
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    15,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    You can only offer 15% raises to free agents I think
    Wow, MLSPU is really gilt edge. The league is more awash with more cash than ever before and they negotiate so players who are nearly mid career can get a max 15% increase in free agency. How liberal.

    What are they going to ask for next? Free peanuts on the charter flights?

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •