Page 33 of 174 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 990 of 5193
  1. #961
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,419
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Here are some names likely to be taken in the expansion draft that could be immediately dealt within MLS afterwards.

    https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/best-...xpansion-draft
    could see tyler miller ending up here tbh.

  2. #962
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,891
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Expansion Draft Unprotected players
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/2022-...le-player-list


    • Achara, Ifunanyachi
    • Auro Jr.
    • Bono, Alex
    • Chung, Kadin
    • Henry, Doneil
    • Ranjitsingh, Greg
    • Westberg, Quentin


    Underlined = under contract/team option player left unprotected

    Protected players are therefore: Bernardeschi, Bradley, Criscito, Insigne, Jimenez, Kaye, Laryea, Mavinga, McNaughton, O'Neill, Osorio, and 1 more (maybe Akinola is not auto protected anymore)

    Bold = out of contract protected player
    Last edited by rydermike; 11-10-2022 at 02:37 PM. Reason: typo

  3. #963
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,660
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Expansion Draft Unprotected players
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/2022-...le-player-list


    • Achara, Ifunanyachi
    • Auro Jr.
    • Bono, Alex
    • Chung, Kadin
    • Henry, Doneil
    • Ranjitsingh, Greg
    • Westberg, Quentin


    Underlined = under contract/team option player left unprotected

    Protected players are therefore: Bernardeschi, Bradley, Criscito, Insigne, Jimenez, Kaye, Laryea, Mavinga, McNaughton, O'Neill, Osorio, and 1 more (maybe Akinola is not auto protected anymore)

    Bold = out of contract protected player
    Isn't Bono, Doneil and Westberg out of contract? Not complaining if we somehow get to use them as fillers, but seems a bit strange.

  4. #964
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The Colorado list is a who's who of former TFC players I didn't think were even in the league anymore.

  5. #965
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,891
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Isn't Bono, Doneil and Westberg out of contract? Not complaining if we somehow get to use them as fillers, but seems a bit strange.
    They are, but if picked St. Louis get their "rights". For free agents, other teams are limited in what they can offer (I think it's like a 15% raise), but the current team can offer more. So if they pick an out of contract player, they get their current team rights. That's why we protected Osorio. If he got picked we could only give him a 15% raise, but by protecting him, we can offer whatever we want since we keep his rights.

  6. #966
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Barrie
    Posts
    1,030
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    IMO interesting names on the list for some potential draft-and-trade depth:

    Ori Rossel
    Andreu Fontas
    Dax McCarty
    Wil Trapp
    Joao Moutinho

    Interesting for another reason - Kevin Molino who I could swear broke an MLS record at the time being traded for >$1MGAM. Not saying being him here, more like holy crap what a fall from grace. Guess was never the same after his injury.

  7. #967
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,891
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    IMO interesting names on the list for some potential draft-and-trade depth:

    Ori Rossel
    Andreu Fontas
    Dax McCarty
    Wil Trapp
    Joao Moutinho

    Interesting for another reason - Kevin Molino who I could swear broke an MLS record at the time being traded for >$1MGAM. Not saying being him here, more like holy crap what a fall from grace. Guess was never the same after his injury.
    Fontas and Moutinho are out of contract. McCarty and Trapp are on player options that could be activated or declined
    https://mlsplayers.org/news/2023-fre...t-list-release

  8. #968
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    17,177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Eryk Wiliamson apparently wants out of Portland.

    One of the best midfielders in the league. But they want $1.5M-2M.

  9. #969
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,599
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Eryk Wiliamson apparently wants out of Portland.

    One of the best midfielders in the league. But they want $1.5M-2M.
    Hmm, where would we play him? He would be an Oso replacement, no?

  10. #970
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Just spitballing here, but this could be related to the expansion draft. TFC might have worked out a deal with St. Louis for them to select someone in the expansion draft and have him dealt to Toronto for this GAM. This is how Montreal managed to get Kamal Miller.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Here are some names likely to be taken in the expansion draft that could be immediately dealt within MLS afterwards.

    https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/best-...xpansion-draft

    Or could be a way.

  11. #971
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Eryk Wiliamson apparently wants out of Portland.

    One of the best midfielders in the league. But they want $1.5M-2M.
    Well we do have two cards in our back pocket to play for such an occasion.
    If it is a compete/win now situation calling for experience over youth.
    Then it's just a risk calculation and value assessment.
    Followed up with how much more then any current standard sell-on percentage of 20% we would want.
    For either kid, I would say at least 50%.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 11-11-2022 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Grammar

  12. #972
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Hmm, where would we play him? He would be an Oso replacement, no?
    I would expect any conversation to start like this...
    Hey son/Michele, come on in, have a seat... let's talk about minutes and your transition.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 11-11-2022 at 11:22 AM.

  13. #973
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    MLS NETWORK suggesting league interest in...
    Independiente del Valle of Ecuadorian Serie A Center-Back Luis Segovia.
    Also, Argentina's Racing Club Winger Enzo Copetti.
    ?

  14. #974
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Eryk Wiliamson apparently wants out of Portland.

    One of the best midfielders in the league. But they want $1.5M-2M.
    I suspect this is because AM Evander da Silva Ferreira is in?

  15. #975
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    17,177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Hmm, where would we play him? He would be an Oso replacement, no?
    He's a true eight, so yeah, probably Oso replacement if he's not back. He was seen as a DM when he entered the league, but he's a lot like Weston McKennie in his ability to get forward and play like a 10. Also very good in quick transition, so...

    True number eight, basically, could slot into any of our mid three (not that I'm convinced three number eights is the way to play. I'm still of the opinion the league has become too quick for that and we need an anchor.)

  16. #976
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    17,177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    I suspect this is because AM Evander da Silva Ferreira is in?
    No, other way around. Williamson apparently told them middle of last season that he wants a change of scenery. He doesn't think he's playing to his potential there and they rotate a lot. He wants to be the man on a team where the first team is the first team, basically.

    He was unhappy enough that they sat him a few times late in the season, expecting to move him in the offseason.

  17. #977
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    No, other way around. Williamson apparently told them middle of last season that he wants a change of scenery. He doesn't think he's playing to his potential there and they rotate a lot. He wants to be the man on a team where the first team is the first team, basically.

    He was unhappy enough that they sat him a few times late in the season, expecting to move him in the offseason.
    Sounds like a fit?
    Maybe?
    🤔

  18. #978
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    17,177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maybe. Lot of money.

    The one that's surprising me right now is Aaron Long. I rate him highly for what he's done at NY, but we've seen with Tim Parker and others that doing well in that system doesn't always translate to others.

    But apparently his list of suitors includes every club in MLS, as well as West Ham and Bournemouth in the Premier League. Given that Ream has been one of the best stay-at-home defenders in the league there this year, I wouldn't be surprised if Fulham was on that list as well.

  19. #979
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Maybe. Lot of money.

    The one that's surprising me right now is Aaron Long. I rate him highly for what he's done at NY, but we've seen with Tim Parker and others that doing well in that system doesn't always translate to others.

    But apparently his list of suitors includes every club in MLS, as well as West Ham and Bournemouth in the Premier League. Given that Ream has been one of the best stay-at-home defenders in the league there this year, I wouldn't be surprised if Fulham was on that list as well.
    I would have to choose AL over EW given TFC's more/most pressing needs.
    I think there will always be 'what you did there and will you do it here?' doubt; over and with any signing.
    Although, I believe there has been some social media consternation about AL's USMNT WC squad selection over a few others!

  20. #980
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^^
    I think the/my Hammers could use him.

  21. #981
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Tim Parker...
    Wow... origins with the St John's Red Storm, The Long Island Rough Riders and The Brooklyn Italians!
    Before getting his chance with the VWFC.


    Update... and now no longer with Huston Dynamo but with St. Louis City SC!
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 11-12-2022 at 03:36 AM.

  22. #982
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    FWIW...

    Men and the impact of being selected to represent your country in National Team Football.
    I respect emotion.
    I am alright with a TFC acquisition of SJ.
    Sounds like he may get a half or minutes of one at The Spectacle.

    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 11-11-2022 at 01:09 PM.

  23. #983
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Given the amount of times SJ and that Continental Tire Commercial was featured during televised TSN MLS/TFC matches...
    Maybe the matter is somewhat pre-ordained?



  24. #984
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    15,459
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Forgive me for saying so but after watching Canada play today I think Kaye’s all around level as a professional is slumping.

  25. #985
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,419
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Forgive me for saying so but after watching Canada play today I think Kaye’s all around level as a professional is slumping.
    Bit harsh.

    Has had a severely injury impacted move and never got a lengthy run of games in a settled team.

    I'd say wait til next season to judge him (pray he has better injury luck).

  26. #986
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    17,177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Forgive me for saying so but after watching Canada play today I think Kaye’s all around level as a professional is slumping.
    Too many injuries in the last year, too many streaks of being out of functioning lineups.

    He looked better in the later stages, when he actually connected a few passes. But he was terrible for most of that.

    IT does look sometimes like they really grooved him into a style in LA and unless he's playing that style he struggles a little. The reason I say that is he kept over-leading his passes. Like, repeatedly, as if he's always used to someone moving into the empty space ahead of him, which is the sort of progressive buildup Bob likes.

    I think MAK is very much an athlete who plays up to his surrounding pieces.

  27. #987
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,419
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Too many injuries in the last year, too many streaks of being out of functioning lineups.

    He looked better in the later stages, when he actually connected a few passes. But he was terrible for most of that.

    IT does look sometimes like they really grooved him into a style in LA and unless he's playing that style he struggles a little. The reason I say that is he kept over-leading his passes. Like, repeatedly, as if he's always used to someone moving into the empty space ahead of him, which is the sort of progressive buildup Bob likes.

    I think MAK is very much an athlete who plays up to his surrounding pieces.
    Yep.

    His best half for us by a mile was that first half against Charlotte where he had a functioning team around him.

  28. #988
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Forgive me for saying so but after watching Canada play today I think Kaye’s all around level as a professional is slumping.
    Didn't watch.
    Whoops... thought I was following on a timeline feed.
    Wrong feed, wrong timelines.
    We tied!?
    I think this year has been a challenge for him.
    I hope any being off is just that something is bothering or nagging.
    I'd even take a slump.
    So long as he is not in regress.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 11-11-2022 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Correction

  29. #989
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Uhh... Oso?

  30. #990
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    17,177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Uhh... Oso?
    Looked pretty good. Played 90 mins in 27C heat, so he looks ready.

    We were pretty dominant until the first Bahraini goal. After that, they looked very much like they were playing a friendly and didn't anyone to be seriously injured.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •