Page 2 of 174 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I really think moving on from MB, and getting a new 6, would solve numerous problems at once.
    A real #6. Not a random midfielder pushed into that spot either because I'm kind of expecting that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    BB said in prematch presser that there was a lot more they wanted to do this season in terms of squad building but was impossible due to preexisting conditions and contracts.

Likely talking about mavinga Bono and westberg.
    Really because he sure as hell had enough assets, GAM, and cap space to spend on Jimenez, Criscito, Kaye, Laryea. And enough to waste when shipping out Lawrence, Auro, Pozuelo.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Really because he sure as hell had enough assets, GAM, and cap space to spend on Jimenez, Criscito, Kaye, Laryea. And enough to waste when shipping out Lawrence, Auro, Pozuelo.

Yes, and we clearly need way more than that.

Hence not enough..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hence not enough..
    Everything here logically points to them having to cover too many departed contracts to take on any more starting-quality players, thus the kids.

If that's only a one-season problem, which seems likely, we should see five or six signings in pretty short order, as they doubtless -- or doubtless should -- have a looooong shopping list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In particular I really don’t know what to think about Nelson, Shaff and JMR for next year.
    Shaff is gone. Nashville is definitely going to pick up the purchase option

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hence not enough..
    Whatever useless discussions with some

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Started and played another 78 solid minutes in their win yesterday.

Jesus, what a stupid move. I mean... after that, it's hard to have faith in anything these guys do.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could TFC not just recall him, I wonder if the purchase option has to be agreed to by both teams or is it already in place?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shaff doesn’t fit the system. You can’t hold onto players because fans like them. He needed to leave to advance his career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Could TFC not just recall him, I wonder if the purchase option has to be agreed to by both teams or is it already in place?
    Purchase options usually mean the receiving team has full control and the player can't just be recalled by the sending.

Edit: (forgot the second part) If there's a purchase option, the price is already in place
    Last edited by rydermike; 10-10-2022 at 01:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Shaff doesn’t fit the system. You can’t hold onto players because fans like them. He needed to leave to advance his career.
    No winger is so one-dimensional that they can't be taught to cut inside.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Purchase options usually mean the receiving team has full control and the player can't just be recalled by the sending.
    I guess this all turns on what the transfer fee would be. I kind of assumed it would be set very high, otherwise the deal made no sense… but perhaps the deal made no sense.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there is one thing we gotta do as fans it's stopping with the “he doesn’t fit the system” excuses for talent misjudgments…. when our system isn’t working!

We keep having bouts of this, starting with Aron Winter all those years ago… Until you prove you are an elite team, you play your best XI and adapt to that. Like everybody else.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MINUTES PLAYED IN MLS THIS SEASON.

Jakob Glesnes is the only other non-keeper on this list.

EDIT: Unless I've missed anyone, our next-most minutes on the season was Jesus Jimenez at 2351, not even in the top 60

A. Blake PHI 34 34 3060
    J. Bond LA 34 34 3060
    J. Glesnes PHI 34 34 3060
    S. Johnson NYC 34 34 3060
    Z. MacMath RSL 34 34 3060
    E. Room CLB 34 34 3060
    M. Bradley TOR 34 34 3050

I believe the ten minutes he missed was the last 10 in the Charlotte game, after he scored twice.
    Last edited by jloome; 10-10-2022 at 01:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd also be in favor of having some improved communications from the club next year. MLSE treats a sports franchise's communications like a corporate PR "fuck off" department, judging by how infrequently it attempts any sort of narrative or information flow.

You'd think they would use PR proactively to build excitement; but it seems to do little to take the lead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strong disagree. He's home grown, small cap hit, no international spot, versatile, decently effective and won't demand to play every week. Add in a local which helps for retention. This is *exactly* the kind of player you need to pad your squad with if you want to win in MLS with its roster rules, you need squad players that have as little impact on your squad space as possible. We went from making very effective, efficient moves in that area of roster building to not having the slightest idea what we're doing and that, as much as anything, is why we just had maybe the worst season in league history in terms of return on spend

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I'd also be in favor of having some improved communications from the club next year. MLSE treats a sports franchise's communications like a corporate PR "fuck off" department, judging by how infrequently it attempts any sort of narrative or information flow.

You'd think they would use PR proactively to build excitement; but it seems to do little to take the lead.
    I think we will have to wait and see who the next president and ceo is of MLSE is? Will they have from the sports world or will we get a bean counter with no public profile.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you have nothing good to say, gaslight the fan base.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there is one thing we gotta do as fans it's stopping with the “he doesn’t fit the system” excuses for talent misjudgments…. when our system isn’t working!

We keep having bouts of this, starting with Aron Winter all those years ago… Until you prove you are an elite team, you play your best XI and adapt to that. Like everybody else.
    There are a handful of managers world wide who actually add value by having a rigid system (Bradley isn’t one of them).

Everyone else figures out how to maximize the effectiveness of what they have at their disposal.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 10-10-2022 at 03:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    There are a handful of managers world wide who actually add value by having a rigid system (Bradley isn’t one of them).

Everyone else figures out how to maximize the effectiveness of what they have at their disposal.
    Given that he's basically a hype man, I wonder if Manning requested he develop a style that would be seen as TFC "brand" ala Gegenpress at Red Bull.

Perhaps the presser, where he admitted they're sitting down this week to reevaluate everything, was a nod to admitting what was proposed just didn't work. It wasn't just the talent base.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    When you have nothing good to say, gaslight the fan base.
    They can be proactive without gaslighting. There are things people love about their club even when they're losing; usually that doesn't include management. But there are plenty of other angles to keep attention on what's going on; even just better communication over things like injuries and roster flexibility would probably go a long way to easing tension.

They don't have to wait for reporters to ask the question, as most are fucking awful at their jobs and ask the most facile shit possible.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are going to know a lot based on how the "clean out day" pressers go.

Who the team brings out?

What BB says

Who has been let go by then

I expect to see MB trotted out & for him to give his usual "it wasn't good enough" speech which is getting tiresome to us as fans let alone guys who have to hear variations on that theme every day.

I'm hoping to see Oso

I would like to see Frederico

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Random thought - how many games did the reds wear their red jerseys? Seems like they keep forcing this ugly jersey - when I see it I just get angry lol
    I agree with this. We wore that shitty away kit more at home than ever before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did we all watch the same team this year? BB looked for Shaffelburg to be a LB so unless we’re saying we stubbornly believe that was ever going to work out, he needed to go.

BB isn’t changing his system because some people on a message board think he should adapt to his best X1. This is less opinion and more so accepting realities.

He left. He got minutes playing his natural position. He has so far thrived. I’m happy for the guy. Whether or not I believe in what we have going on here, this was a great move for the player. His career was being stagnated here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did we all watch the same team this year? BB looked for Shaffelburg to be a LB so unless we’re saying we stubbornly believe that was ever going to work out, he needed to go.

BB isn’t changing his system because some people on a message board think he should adapt to his best X1. This is less opinion and more so accepting realities.

He left. He got minutes playing his natural position. He has so far thrived. I’m happy for the guy. Whether or not I believe in what we have going on here, this was a great move for the player. His career was being stagnated here.
    He played a winger as a fullback and it didn't work. That's all that happened. We still need wingers.

His system uses inverted wingers, and Shaff has been more a traditional winger. But that's not a huge adjustment.

He did poorly because he was played out of position. He had two goals and two assists for Nashville in his first five appearances, then started for them and played 78 minutes last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe the ten minutes he missed was the last 10 in the Charlotte game, after he scored twice.
    It was the home opener against red bulls

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys I want you all to read the above comment over and over again, it’s one of the most intelligent things I’ve read on this site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob and Bill are the problem until they get released, doesnt matter who you bring in for players, we will never achieve anything with them at the helm
    Last edited by gracos; 10-10-2022 at 08:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They can be proactive without gaslighting. There are things people love about their club even when they're losing; usually that doesn't include management. But there are plenty of other angles to keep attention on what's going on; even just better communication over things like injuries and roster flexibility would probably go a long way to easing tension.

They don't have to wait for reporters to ask the question, as most are fucking awful at their jobs and ask the most facile shit possible.
    100% agreed. But I don’t think we’ll get even that. I get the they think they’re running a highly confidential operation and not a football club at times.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We did that all year, playing a bunch of different formations based on available players.

We played 352, 3411,442, 442 diamond, 343, 433, 433 with insigne central.

infact, not even 2 days ago we rolled out a 352 as that suited the available players best.

the biggest issue, as has been all season, is that the available players after the first 3-6 are nowhere close to good enough.
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 10-11-2022 at 08:05 AM.