Let's stir this pot...
    Oh sweet lord, let's not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Oh sweet lord, let's not.
    If CFM can do it with Kei Kamara for a season, certainly TFC could with CR7?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Binging on the playoffs, this is where I come up with my grand pronouncements to myself (because I don’t watch regular season with the same intensity, it's rare for me to make it through 90 of a non-TFC game).

Anyway, my grand pronouncement to myself for 2022 is: The TFC formula, combining big DPs with expensive non DP veteran older players, is … kaputt, we just cannot do it without TAM younger players in this version of MLS whatever point zero.

Every decent team is built on very good young talent, and I am not talking Academy (although that is a problem too). I am talking mostly about U 22s, TAM players, other players, all on the way up, not on the way down. Everybody good has 5 or 6 of those. We have zero.

Our unwillingness or inability to recruit in South America , and the disastrous results when we have tried, have to be addressed.

Carry on.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    If CFM can do it with Kei Kamara for a season, certainly TFC could with CR7?
    I'll say this loud so the people in the back can here

That guy is the poster boy for toxic - off and on the pitch.

&

If they were to hire him, I wouldn't watch a single game, would sell all my seats until he left & would be off this site until he's gone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Wow you have strong feelings about Kamara

;-)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Binging on the playoffs, this is where I come up with my grand pronouncements to myself (because I don’t watch regular season with the same intensity, it's rare for me to make it through 90 of a non-TFC game).

Anyway, my grand pronouncement to myself for 2022 is: The TFC formula, combining big DPs with expensive non DP veteran older players, is … kaputt, we just cannot do it without TAM younger players in this version of MLS whatever point zero.

Every decent team is built on very good young talent, and I am not talking Academy (although that is a problem too). I am talking mostly about U 22s, TAM players, other players, all on the way up, not on the way down. Everybody good has 5 or 6 of those. We have zero.

Our unwillingness or inability to recruit in South America , and the disastrous results when we have tried, have to be addressed.

Carry on.
    I'd be shocked if the 3rd DP spot isn't used to bring in a few young DPs.

Bob had a lot of success in LA with that with atuesta, rossi.

Michael Singh reported that they might do it, and they've already been linked to a young player in Brazil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would rather sign 36 year old, washed up Seba over CR7.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone else in the league will take care of that headache for us. Doubt the ego of global superstar allows for living in Toronto vs. lA, NY, or Miami

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post

Let's stir this pot...
    I'd stop going if this happened.

Luckily there's 0% chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice thoughtful reading this board without all that bile-filled madness and paranoia. (Yes, I’m exaggerating a touch but many will get my drift, no doubt.)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Nice thoughtful reading this board without all that bile-filled madness and paranoia. (Yes, I’m exaggerating a touch but many will get my drift, no doubt.)
    it's a nice change of pace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Y'all a bunch of hypocrites.

You would bitch and moan for a few games but then would be right back to supporting and watching TFC.
    The circus would be too good to not watch.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

You would bitch and moan for a few games but then would be right back to supporting and watching TFC.
    The circus would be too good to not watch.

It's not happening tho thankfully

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    It's not happening tho thankfully
    Well of course, for the record I wouldn't want him as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would want him.

Shoot me, but I will pretty much take any Ballon d'Or winner under the age of 45. (We had one once, here, and he won a championship…)

I think it would be super stupid, but since it isn’t my money, any of them are welcome here.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would want him.

Shoot me, but I will pretty much take any Ballon d'Or winner under the age of 45. (We had one once, here, and he won a championship…)

I think it would be super stupid, but since it isn’t my money, any of them are welcome here.
    clearly didn't see him struggling against a cypriot team the last couple weeks then which is a far lower level than mls.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

clearly didn't see him struggling against a cypriot team the last couple weeks then which is a far lower level than mls.
    Yea he struggled just like Bernadeschi was struggling with Juventus, look how that turned out, Jesus was wrong with some people on this site? If MLSE want to bring in Ronaldo fans should take him in a heartbeat, One of the top 5 players of all time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are very good off field reasons to not want Ronaldo on TFC. He refused to come on as a substitute against Spurs, skipped most of preseason trying to force a move, slapped the phone out of the hand of a child last season, and has significant allegations made against him off the field which go against many of the stated values of MLSE and TFC. It's great how bought into the project Berna and Insigne are. I don't believe Ronaldo would be bought in to the same extent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would want him.

If 'stupid is as stupid does' then... hello, my name is...

Eusebio & Subbuteo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How this club hasn’t had a Portuguese player is so beyond me in general

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    its beyond me...ask the marketing genius bill manning about that

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Yea he struggled just like Bernadeschi was struggling with Juventus, look how that turned out, Jesus was wrong with some people on this site? If MLSE want to bring in Ronaldo fans should take him in a heartbeat, One of the top 5 players of all time.
    bernardeschi was at Serie A level, the cypriot league is CPL level.

bernardechi is 28, ronaldo is 37 and on the doorstep of retirement.

and i always thought bernardeschi was a great signing...

pele is also a top 5 player of all time, do you think we should sign him too?
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 10-22-2022 at 04:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why leave a mediocre team in EPL for the second worst in MLS? He isn't looking for a "project", he is looking for immediate success. Precisely why he wanted out once United failed to make it to CL.

After watching the Madrid game today, one where Benzema was injured so he did not play and yet again Mariano was nowhere to be seen, I thought to myself once more that he would be a good target (Mariano Diaz). He is not Elite level but is still relatively young and is capable of scoring (his Lyon days). His contract ends in the summer.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

No

I stopped watching the CFL completely when my team hired a rape enabler as an assistant coach. This was the sport & league I grew up with & watched & supported since I was 3 years old.

I would have no problem. stopping MLS & TFC while that dude was here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    No

I stopped watching the CFL completely when my team hired a rape enabler as an assistant coach. This was the sport & league I grew up with & watched & supported since I was 3 years old.

I would have no problem. stopping MLS & TFC while that dude was here.
    Ok this will be last post on Ronaldo so this thread doesn't get derailed.

Until something has been proven guilty in the court of law I will not be crucifying the man. Settlements are reached for numerous reasons, as far as I'm concerned this is a private matter. In today's climate it's very easy for men to be targeted and have their life ruined with the erosion of "innocent until guilty". I will not be a part of that lynch mob.

Personally I wouldn't want him for footballing reasons.
    Last edited by Richard; 10-22-2022 at 05:50 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair.....I was wondering if I should use the r word in relation to why I made that choice with the CFL - my point was more that people will make a moral choice if that dude was brought in.

He's not coming...

If Manning wants everybody in by camp day 2, that's going to take a bit of work that starts now. IIRC, the Insigne discussion began in mid November.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I think they really need to prioritize finding the right goalkeeper, so much of our defensive issue start from there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I'll say this loud so the people in the back can here

That guy is the poster boy for toxic - off and on the pitch.

&

If they were to hire him, I wouldn't watch a single game, would sell all my seats until he left & would be off this site until he's gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Someone else in the league will take care of that headache for us. Doubt the ego of global superstar allows for living in Toronto vs. lA, NY, or Miami
    I'd stop going if this happened.

Luckily there's 0% chance.
    For what it's worth...
    Until my last breath Messi>Ronaldo.
    I do believe there is a fair chance Ronaldo seriously considers and plays in the MLS before retirement.
    As does Messi, both as a favour to, and with all the implications it entails for, FIFA, MLS, international football and the world's beautiful game.
    I realize the probability that he comes to TFC is essentially nil (99%).
    Nonetheless, given who 'we' are, I have to respect that a possibility must and does still exist (1%).
    I have learned a long time ago to 'never say never'.
    I understand about the likes of Kei Kamara, Mario Balotelli, Cristiano Ronaldo, etc...
    That these sorts, with reputations that precede, are all mostly viewed as toxic, cancers, or environmentally unfriendly to a teams locker-room cohesiveness and culture.
    And yet, under the right circumstances, all at times are manageable and all are the kind of footballers that could contribute in linchpin roles.
    IMHO, there would be five MLS cities and teams in reasonable contention for Ronaldo.
    The primary three...
    1/NYC - I believe he has or had a home/condo there. Likely NYCFC and not the NYRB; I trust this is self explanatory.
    2/Miami - Well, IM is in the Latinx paradise. Seemingly to surely be the most apparent lifestyle welcoming of his celebrity and to CR7.
    3/LA - LAFC now has Bale and unless he leaves and is ergo replaced with him, unlikely.
    At LAG, historical modus operandi; more likely.
    Yet, I always thought Vazquez was welcomed for more than his friendship with Vanney, his play or to mentor and coach; for being a strong connect to Messi in any off chance.
    The secondary two; the outliers...
    4/Boston - IIUC, the NER have the oldest NA historical and traditional Portuguese community; a viable marketing and supporter base.
    5/Toronto - TFC, in a debatable world class city. Among the larger contemporary, vibrant Portuguese and Brazilian NA communities.
    As well as, a metropolitan of many other footballing cultures.
    Played with Fede.
    Like for Lolo, should be able to enjoy a quality of life with some anonymity and have his own and family's personal space mostly respected.
    Finally, TFC has definitely demonstrated the financial and organizational resources and willingness for such a spend,
    Such an acquisition would be the type of measure and viable solution for the permanent and temporary seating expansion that is in the works.

Although standing at the door of retirement, that bell has not been rung yet by Ronaldo and without a doubt he still may offer a MLS club his useful skill set and cache.
    For me, he would have been a candidate for consideration just on the bases of footballing reasons; his abilities.

These thoughts and comments of mine all may seem like an exercise in futility with the acknowledgement that in the end, as a valued poster pointed out to me sometime ago and has recently stated again, Ronaldo carries some real social baggage and judicial implications that upon honest in-depth scrutiny is difficult to overlook and overcome regardless of his God given talent and self honed skills.

Besides, if you believe the availability to secure, or the cost for, SSH is currently a challenging mess, imagine if...
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 10-23-2022 at 10:50 PM.