Page 172 of 174 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174 LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,160 of 5193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is not beyond the realm of possibility. The question is not ability, it is a question of his recovery from his injury.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He has picked him as a darkhorse to score 15-20 THIS year as well.
    That is not crazy. He is going to get serious minutes surrounded by great players. If this works, Diomande and Ako will both get 15 goals. (BIG IF.)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    I think Toronto FC overpaid on an unproven player, hopefully Servania is alright but fearful hes just another flop of a trade similiar to MAK, on top we decided to give up an international spot and are maintaining salary relief on Jesus Jimenez, seems like this trade is very oneside unfortunately not towards Toronto FC, FC Dallas won the trade
    Have you ever watched him play for FC Dallas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any gossip from that SG/SSH event last night?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza_55 View Post
    He has not, he just comes on here to spew toxicity

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just saying, I wrote up the /r/MLS thing this year for Toronto FC - find 'er here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza_55 View Post
    I have and he has a ton of upside. Since he is still young and has a solid base from Dallas' set up, if he can back on the trajectory he was on a couple years ago then we have a steal.

Wasn't long ago that Servania was the dubbed next Tyler Adams of the USMNT. Let's hope Bob can work his magic here. This is generally the type of player that Bob usually brings the best out of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I have and he has a ton of upside. Since he is still young and has a solid base from Dallas' set up, if he can back on the trajectory he was on a couple years ago then we have a steal.

Wasn't long ago that Servania was the dubbed next Tyler Adams of the USMNT. Let's hope Bob can work his magic here. This is generally the type of player that Bob usually brings the best out of.
    I think even if this guy is average it probably works out. It was a position of need.

The partial covering of Jimenez’s salary troubles me a bit and the fact we’ve traded away a lot of international spots. Impossible to know how many of these deals we made hurt our future flexibility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think even if this guy is average it probably works out. It was a position of need.

The partial covering of Jimenez’s salary troubles me a bit and the fact we’ve traded away a lot of international spots. Impossible to know how many of these deals we made hurt our future flexibility.
    With the new rules, we start getting those INT spots back in a few months. Insigne bernardeschi and then next window one of Roster or petreta comes back.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I figure since the inter league trade mechanism is switching to real money instead of allocation money the need to stockpile it is becoming less important. Also maybe there's a plan (possibly I give too much credit here) to toss some actual $$$ around this summer to score some prime domestics. Theoretically they could just slap a few million down in a briefcase to land a domestic DP. I know if I was running the show I would probably dump allocation money and a few international slots for what I could get now before they have less value. I think Apple is going to force a lot of changes in how these mechanisms work and they'll be geared to kill parity, create "stories", and start super clubs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For anyone wondering I'm told Themi Antonoglou was on the DL list throughout camp due to a unspecified "lower body injury", sounds long term

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this i agree with- its in the same light as buying out Jozy or firing coach/gm who TFC is still paying for- to me it shows -TFC over paid for JJ and couldnt even convince dallas a rebuilding team to take his full salary.

I have not seen the midfielder play- thought he was being added due to Kaye's poor performance - realized has to do more with VV being injured already.

What I can say that the trade at the end is decent due to the fact that Dallas supporters seem upset to be losing this guy- which makes it a solid trade- unsure about the value similar to the kaye trade.

both seem to be paid a bit more then required- at the end if TFC wins- it wont matter until it prevents other moves which i hope it doesnt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    He has not, he just comes on here to spew toxicity
    I have watched him play, i watched an awful lot of MLS on DAZN and already have my MLS Season Pass on Apple TV, i feel their is potential, and lots of it, i just feel the price was somewhat steep, lets hope Servania develops well, and proves me wrong, im big in being proven wrong which means our team is excelling, even if it means for me eating my words, its a new season and new opportunities, lets see what happens, and if we can get closer to returning back to our 2017 ways

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Just saying, I wrote up the /r/MLS thing this year for Toronto FC - find 'er here.

great job, very well written, thanks for sharing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

congrats to Kobe Franklin getting called up, and signed to the main roster

https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toront...-kobe-franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good for Kobe. He could be in for an extended run depending on what happens with Richie and JMR this summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Good for Kobe. He could be in for an extended run depending on what happens with Richie and JMR this summer.
    Given how consistently good he was at TFC II, he might be more the backup than JMR. I can see them pushing Jakheel up, playing behind Bernie.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given how consistently good he was at TFC II, he might be more the backup than JMR. I can see them pushing Jakheel up, playing behind Bernie.
    So, remember when I was talking about that swiss army knife?

What if, hear me out,

it's Jakeehle Marshall-Rutty? He's clearly got the skill for it, and he wasn't objectionable in the full-back spot.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice... optimistic but balanced

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, remember when I was talking about that swiss army knife?

What if, hear me out,

it's Jakeehle Marshall-Rutty? He's clearly got the skill for it, and he wasn't objectionable in the full-back spot.
    I will maintain my stance that JMR's best position will end up being as a central midfielder.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Nice... optimistic but balanced
    If the only real question about this team is "well, what if we have to play the second stringers", I think it's a hell of a lot better than 80% of rosters who have concerns like "well, do we have the offense needed to win games", "is x defender going to be a liability this season", etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will maintain my stance that JMR's best position will end up being as a central midfielder.
    Same. Fullback felt like a lazy attempt to shoe horn him into some playing time. Appreciating he was more of a secondary striker or FW at the youth level but just doesn’t feel like that’s where his best attributes come out. I think it’s a good career move to convert to midfield. Forward spot is crowded with the nats but midfield could see you called up in a hurry. Especially if he surpasses a few of his TFC teammates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad Kobe got signed. Felt he should've been signed last year. He's a natural RB and we wouldn't have had to force Kosi to play out of position there had we signed him last year

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a big change & about time - some boat anchors are going to be let go in the second half of the season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the only real question about this team is "well, what if we have to play the second stringers", I think it's a hell of a lot better than 80% of rosters who have concerns like "well, do we have the offense needed to win games", "is x defender going to be a liability this season", etc.
    I also think, we won't (hopefully) have a situation where there are three youngsters again, with some in their wrong positions on the field at any time. They generally will be surrounded by veterans in their correct positions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your cynicism is unrealistic. On paper, it's easily one of the strongest teams in the East. I mean, a lot of us have been supporting them since day 1 as well, and I get it. This team could fuck up bouncing on a trampoline. But I can't look at that lineup and think "yeah... we're in trouble."
    Agreed. Although we could be in trouble if we have injury problems in key areas, specifically the midfield.

If we stay relatively healthy, we should be a top 4 team in the East.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For anyone wondering I'm told Themi Antonoglou was on the DL list throughout camp due to a unspecified "lower body injury", sounds long term
    Ah, that’s why we haven’t heard a word about him. (And that’s a reason to hear word of him but there’s a real lack of reporting these days, of course.) Kerr has been out pretty much all preseason too with an unspecified illness. The lack of two reduces our kid depth considerably.

edit: or is Kerr back and healthy? Davidson doesn’t mention him being out in his overview article today.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 02-24-2023 at 07:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be a good thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    congrats to Kobe Franklin getting called up, and signed to the main roster

https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toront...-kobe-franklin
    Nice to see Kobi signed, hopefully this means Kosi never plays RB again and is back to the the midfield.