Page 164 of 174 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,920 of 5193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With only 10 games to go after the leagues Cup we can probably afford to lose some depth around the window.
    Most of the people who we worry about health wise will benefit from the depth during the congested part of the season. We also have some time plan for the departures if they happen.
    I don't think it is the worst thing ever.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if we are able to get o'brien for almost no cap hit from now til the summer, even if he doesn't stick around, probably opens up enough cap space for a big addition in the summer.

seems to be a trend these days (us, lafc, la galax last year).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this the team we see against DCU? Interesting that Dio is playing with the starters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Is this the team we see against DCU? Interesting that Dio is playing with the starters.

I wonder if they still have any trialists there?

1-0 to us on a pk by Bernie at 19m, as things stand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I wonder if they still have any trialists there?

1-0 to us on a pk by Bernie at 19m, as things stand.
    Singh says that the two trialists from Ghana won't be getting first team contracts but are in contention for spots with TFC2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, they've now tweeted three or four times about the final Coachella game without reference to the fact that they're playing Portland.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Appears Jiminez and Akinola on for Dio and Bernie, so one of either Jimenez or Akinola is playing wide.

2-0 now, Oso on a nice feed from Insigne.

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status...87942903603202
    Last edited by jloome; 02-15-2023 at 05:43 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2-0 oso goal from insigne

first team has conceded 1 goal in 150 mins this preseason, including missed time from oso, mak.

scored 3 and missed a pen in that time.
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 02-15-2023 at 06:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And.... the lead is gone, in what shall now be known as "the second half youth collapse."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

even though conceded some goals, good for the TFC II players to get some mins against MLS level opposition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10 more days!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And.... the lead is gone, in what shall now be known as "the second half youth collapse."
    Haha amazing.
    But when our second half team gets on, are they still playing the other teams starting 11, or do we have the worst of the worst of second half subs…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.mastro View Post
    Haha amazing.
    But when our second half team gets on, are they still playing the other teams starting 11, or do we have the worst of the worst of second half subs…
    I don't know about today but generally they've been playing starters (LA) or a mix of starters and backups (Vancouver). So yeah, definitely going to be a challenge at any point.

Generally, I think we should be optimistic about the first team. They gave up one goal in three games and scored three.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I imagine we'll hear something tomorrow or Friday on Blackburn's last challenge to the FA about O'Brien. Then it's up to whether we can scratch out a deal with Forest.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I imagine we'll hear something tomorrow or Friday on Blackburn's last challenge to the FA about O'Brien. Then it's up to whether we can scratch out a deal with Forest.
    Remind me of the rules in MLS - iirc, if it's an 18 month loan, there must be an option to buy, right?

Not that it's very likely but a year long loan actually sounds feasible with a return to the Forest in January 2024

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Remind me of the rules in MLS - iirc, if it's an 18 month loan, there must be an option to buy, right?

Not that it's very likely but a year long loan actually sounds feasible with a return to the Forest in January 2024
    Nah, it'll be until the July window if we get him. They're going to want serious money back for him and can get it in the Championship. That's my guess, unless we make a DP-level offer for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC's roster page includes TFC2 players:
    Markus Cimermancic, Alonso Coello, Adisa De Rosario, Kobe Franklin, and Adam Pearlman

This could be just because they're on the training camp roster, but interestingly it says "Signed" next to Kobe Franklin. The others are all blank

https://www.torontofc.ca/roster/

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am fully expecting a TFC II type signing or two before the season starts , especially considering where the roster size sits right now. Kobe and Adam Pearlman I would think are the front runners at this point. In terms of Kobe having signed beside his name on the roster page, I wonder if goes back to when he signed a series of short term deals last season and he was still in their roster system as Adam Pearlman say unvailable whatever that may mean.

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Markus Cimermancic, Alonso Coello, Adisa De Rosario, Kobe Franklin, and Adam Pearlman

This could be just because they're on the training camp roster, but interestingly it says "Signed" next to Kobe Franklin. The others are all blank

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I am fully expecting a TFC II type signing or two before the season starts , especially considering where the roster size sits right now. Kobe and Adam Pearlman I would think are the front runners at this point. In terms of Kobe having signed beside his name on the roster page, I wonder if goes back to when he signed a series of short term deals last season and he was still in their roster system as Adam Pearlman say unvailable whatever that may mean.
    You are correct, I believe. Pearlman was on loan to Strasbourg as a trial during the offseason (Or maybe RC Lens, I forget which) and they haven't updated it.

He's the obvious blue-chip prospect, Franklin a close second based on TFC II, I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post

another interesting point on this roster page is that VV counts has a intl.which means they have 1 intl spot left

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    another interesting point on this roster page is that VV counts has a intl.which means they have 1 intl spot left
    Did we trade some slots away? Originally there were eight. We have six registered, so unless we traded a spot away, we have two open.

VV could potentially be re-designated domestic. The wording of the regulation says Canadian teams can designate three international slots as domestic IF the player has been with a Canadian club for more than a year. Technically....

It doesn't say continuous. (I'm sure that's a letter versus spirit of the law argument that MLS would be might pissed over, but nonetheless...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did we trade some slots away? Originally there were eight. We have six registered, so unless we traded a spot away, we have two open.

VV could potentially be re-designated domestic. The wording of the regulation says Canadian teams can designate three international slots as domestic IF the player has been with a Canadian club for more than a year. Technically....

It doesn't say continuous. (I'm sure that's a letter versus spirit of the law argument that MLS would be might pissed over, but nonetheless...)
    tfc traded 1 in the kaye trade.it could be that JJ could be a domestic soon .depending on these mls rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tfc traded 1 in the kaye trade.it could be that JJ could be a domestic soon .depending on these mls rules
    Yeah, even without trying to loophole Vasquez, we should have enough for one more, unless there's one traded away that we missed.

Boy, that would look stupid in hindsight, trading away three international slots.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow , did we also give up 1 million in GAM for Mark Anthony?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JJ joined us on Feb 7, 2022 officially. He would be eligible to slot into one of those three domestic Canadian slots even before today.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Wow , did we also give up 1 million in GAM for Mark Anthony?
    So I guess you'll be sliding MAK into the doghouse position Bradley currently holds if MB is benched or retires.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    So I guess you'll be sliding MAK into the doghouse position Bradley currently holds if MB is benched or retires.
    Depends upon whatever Mr. Saputo decides in the monthly meetings....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Besiktas has reportedly terminated Atiba's contract following the earthquake in Turkey. Bring Atiba home, and make our midfield even older and slower?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Waking the Reds podcasts write themselves these days...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Besiktas has reportedly terminated Atiba's contract following the earthquake in Turkey. Bring Atiba home, and make our midfield even older and slower?

I would take him. I just wish we had 2-3 young stud midfielders so Attiba and Bradley could tutor them.