Page 158 of 174 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,740 of 5193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. Not the main concern, not the one I was alluding to; although certainly would have preferred the 1M/E suggested by some of the reporting. Have re-read those posts a few times and it's me, my bad; I have had my eureka moment. Between 'Jayden Nelson is joining for $824K from Toronto' to should have understood it as 'Jayden Nelson from Toronto is joining for $824K'. No breakfast this morning.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-09-2023 at 11:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Thanks. Not the main concern, not the one I was alluding to; although certainly would have preferred the 1M/E suggested by some of the reporting. Have re-read those posts a few times and it's me, my bad; I have had my eureka moment. Between 'Jayden Nelson is joining for $824K from Toronto' to should have understood it as 'Jayden Nelson from Toronto is joining for $824K'. No breakfast this morning.
    Dude, unless you're reading a split infinitive as "we paid them $824K" -- which is certifiably insane and therefore nothing anyone should consider probable or likely -- those two sentences mean exactly the same thing.

Anytime you read something that COULD be understood two ways, and you're brain says "No! They're NOT saying...", the answer is usually that they're not saying it. The initial unlikelihood should defuse it right there, rather than prompting the notion it might be possible.

Go with what's likely and your nerves will thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Appreciate the advice. Though that is unfortunately how I indeed read it; insane, got stuck in my mind. It is a thing/quirk that unfortunately happens to me every once and a while.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-09-2023 at 11:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nelson should give a thank you to Insigne. Without him organizing and lighting a fire under him who knows if the coach's could have got the performance out of him last year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good interview with the NYCFC play by play announcer about sean johnson on TFC republic today if anyone's interested:

https://www.tfcrepublic.ca/tfc-mls-s...fc-free-agent/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Appreciate the advice. Though that is unfortunately how I indeed read it; insane, got stuck in my mind. It is a thing/quirk that unfortunately happens to me every once and a while.
    That's unfortunate dude, you have my sympathies. Anxiety is a toughie, governed my life for a long time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't say I am too familiar with his game, but I do know his father comes off as an issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, I would still take him in a heartbeat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Can't say I am too familiar with his game, but I do know his father comes off as an issue.
    Yeah, my impression as well. He looks really talented though, no doubt.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he comes to MLS he won't be coming here. He isn't a position of need.

If he goes anywhere it's probably Chicago. He is what they go for there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    If he comes to MLS he won't be coming here. He isn't a position of need. If he goes anywhere it's probably Chicago. He is what they go for there.
    Agree, not for TFC. LW? No? IIRC, rumours (from his father, disciple of the Claudio Reyna School of Son Advocacy) are he is entertaining approaches from major Euro clubs; supposedly RSB has already turned down a E6M offer from Barca; club wants more for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree, not for TFC. LW? No? IIRC, rumours (from his father, disciple of the Claudio Reyna School of Son Advocacy) are he is entertaining approaches from major Euro clubs; supposedly RSB has already turned down a E6M offer from Barca; club wants more for him.
    The dad seems like the least trustworthy source of information. Unless you get information from someone other than his dad I wouldn't believe it. We definitely need a U22 winger/ AM if he replaces both of the Italian's he would likely play thousands of minutes. Would he come to back then up? Who knows. He is exactly what we should be looking to bring in though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to be out of your mind to spend $7M on Mitrovic. Still has everything to prove.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    You have to be out of your mind to spend $7M on Mitrovic. Still has everything to prove.
    And with that, cue up The Fire.

That's also their MO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Context: Mitrovic trialed with TFC not that long ago, and was cut. Same with Forge btw.

I believe his father took shots at TFC about this later (not sure exactly what was said, someone else can find the tweet).

There was then a whole war of words between Mitrovic's father and various people in and around Canada Soccer over whether he would play for Canada.

So, yeah, not exactly a straightforward backstory. Suspect nobody in these parts is touching this one with a 10,000 foot barge pole.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    The dad seems like the least trustworthy source of information. Unless you get information from someone other than his dad I wouldn't believe it. We definitely need a U22 winger/ AM if he replaces both of the Italian's he would likely play thousands of minutes. Would he come to back then up? Who knows. He is exactly what we should be looking to bring in though.
    TFC needs are many. I think he is an interesting candidate; Canadian connect aside. I would not mind him in other circumstances; obviously in a situation of less budgetary constraint. Wingers... JJ or Akinola? For an AM, I would prefer a Sabastian Kowalcyzk type. A solid, more affordable, MLS malleable prospect? Isn't the priority an CDM though? With similar qualifiers? Without doubt there are other- value- contenders to be had in the Slavic leagues. Probably be looking hard at the Ekstraklasa as well. Places where you can throw a dart and should get a degree of dependability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC needs are many. I think he is an interesting candidate; Canadian connect aside. I would not mind him in other circumstances; obviously in a situation of less budgetary constraint. Wingers... JJ or Akinola? For an AM, I would prefer a Sabastian Kowalcyzk type. A solid, more affordable, MLS malleable prospect? Isn't the priority an CDM though? With similar qualifiers? Without doubt there are other- value- contenders to be had in the Slavic leagues. Probably be looking hard at the Ekstraklasa as well. Places where you can throw a dart and should get a degree of dependability.
    In his favour.
    His is a full Serbian MNT players
    Does not use an INT roster spot
    Speaks fluent English
    No problems adjusting to life in Canada
    While we do need a CDM and LB depth players, we are also desperately in need of a winger. Mitrovic is a high upside goal dangerous winger/10. If you are investing in a U22 type player, attacking players make the most sense as they sell the quickest, with highest profit. With 2 U22 spots available I think a winger makes immense sense.

We are more likely to fill out CDM needs in league or from the academy. IMHO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    No argument that your points do warrant him favour; consideration. Not to be taken as a slight... SMNT... great... but of how many matches? Do not understand all aspects of U22 initiative. Not sure TFC want to bestow at least E6M on a player they previously did not evaluate in any high regard. Do we have 2 U22 Spots? If someone... Oso... is designated the 3rd DP for other MLS/TFC fiscal reasoning, then don't we have only 1 U22 option? Will disagree with you for now in regard to a CDM, yute or otherwise. I suspect this position probably arrives, if ever, from outside MLS. IMHO, to get to the final curtain, we will need a dependable 6 or some sort of hybrid that constitutes it.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-10-2023 at 04:29 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point I just do not see anything other than a home grown/TFC II signing or two before the season opener in two weeks. Last year TFC had 9 new players on the roster to start the season including three home grown and two from the CPL. At this point there is none of that in the 7 new additions to the team in 2023. I see July as the time things will heat up for the 3rd DP etc. But that is not say the Reds have some spots to fill at this time.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think we'll see another midfielder brought in, possibly from inside MLS in a trade.

bob mentioned wanting to strengthen the midfield in the press conference last week, and now they have the nelson GAM can probably get to work on some trades/ additions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do we have any international slots left?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    No argument that your points do warrant him favour; consideration. Not to be taken as a slight... SMNT... great... but of how many matches? Do not understand all aspects of U22 initiative. Not sure TFC want to bestow at least E6M on a player they previously did not evaluate in any high regard. Do we have 2 U22 Spots? If someone... Oso... is designated the 3rd DP for other MLS/TFC fiscal reasoning, then don't we have only 1 U22 option? Will disagree with you for now in regard to a CDM, yute or otherwise. I suspect this position probably arrives, if ever, from outside MLS. IMHO, to get to the final curtain, we will need a dependable 6 or some sort of hybrid that constitutes it.
    If Oso is or third DP, we would have three U22 slots as Oso does not make above the max TAM threshold and does not count as a "full DP". I believe we would be wise to use the U22 slots and not have a full third DP. If we can swing Oso and a YDP then that would obviously be the best situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    If Oso is or third DP, we would have three U22 slots as Oso does not make above the max TAM threshold and does not count as a "full DP". I believe we would be wise to use the U22 slots and not have a full third DP. If we can swing Oso and a YDP then that would obviously be the best situation.
    Again, not disagreeing with the idea for any TFC use of a MLS U22 strategy. The concern for me would be in what context; the details. My understanding is that a club is able to make a player a DP for other MLS fiscal purposes, so long as, even if, they also earn between OVER REGSAL to MAXTAM. I was unaware/not certain that even if Oso is designated a DP as such, that by not being a 'FULL DP', that is earning OVER MAXTAM, then 2 or 3 of the MLS U22 Initiative options are still available to TFC. I will never get accustomed to MLS Rules & Regs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sam Adekugbe's club team in Turkey withdrew from the league due to the earthquake (I believe a great deal of the team's infrastructure was destroyed by it). He could be someone we could bring in on loan now (especially if Richie does not return) since Hataspyor will probably need to loan out their players now.

I know people had mentioned him in the past as a wish list player prior to us signing Raoul Petratta.

He doesn't play a position of need (right now), but could be a way to do a solid for a CMNT player with most international transfer windows closed by giving him a training/playing opportunity
    Last edited by rydermike; 02-10-2023 at 09:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Do we have any international slots left?
    We have one left (two if Vazquez qualifies as an exempt international due to his previous TFC stint)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Sam Adekugbe's club team in Turkey withdrew from the league due to the earthquake (I believe a great deal of the team's infrastructure was destroyed by it). He could be someone we could bring in on loan now (especially if Richie does not return) since Hataspyor will probably need to loan out their players now.

I know people had mentioned him in the past as a wish list player prior to us signing Raoul Petratta.

He doesn't play a position of need (right now), but could be a way to do a solid for a CMNT player with most international transfer windows closed by giving him a training/playing opportunity
    We only have two fullbacks. This is def a position of need. This is a great idea.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    We only have two fullbacks. This is def a position of need. This is a great idea.
    Yes, when they signed Petretta, my reaction here was.. jeez, a better LB from Turkey, I think we know one of those…

Suspect now his best landing spot is Vancouver. Wherever it is, agree with the general point.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sam's teammate Christian Atsu and the Hatay Sporting Director remain missing.

Sam and Atiba have leant their support to the Canadian Red Cross in fundraising for relief. Canadian government is matching donations. If interested, here you go…

https://secure.redcross.ca/registran...langpref=en-CA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sam Adekugbe to MLS? TFC? Maybe. I suspect not anytime soon given any mindset. He is dealing with the aftermath of living through the experience and the real prospect of having to find, then likely bury, his friend and teammate Christian Atsu; as well as colleague, Sporting Director Taner Savut. Himself, a Turkish former defender and right-back. By all accounts, Adekugbe was celebrating Atsu's match winner with him merely a few hours before this tragedy happened.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-11-2023 at 11:00 AM.