Page 155 of 174 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,650 of 5193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Well then? Will you buy this argument? I will give you a Lukas and a Siggi and raise you a Fede... commanding pose in full glory stance of the San Gorgonio Pass Winds @ 19SEC or so.

Lots of happy faces. I notice Kosi doing the short-shorts thing ala Insigne.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a thought for Raoul Petretta and for any acquaintances, colleagues and friends he may have made in his time at Kasimpasa FC, Turkiye. From reporting, some of his former teammates are lucky to be alive. His former club actually played against Hatayspor about 15 hours before the earthquake. Former EPLer Christian Atsu of that club is also very lucky to be alive. After getting the match winner in added time and an evening of celebrating was later pulled from the rubble of a collapsed building and is in hospital!
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-07-2023 at 11:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had positioned Hedges as the LCB and Rosted as the RCB in a TFC back four formation. My reasoning was that even though I know Hedges has played almost predominately or exclusively as a RCB at Dallas FC, he is the more seasoned in MLS and therefore may let Rosted play at RCB as a league newcomer for comfort. Rosted has played both positions; apparently, I have just learned, almost evenly during his time at Brondby. Yet, my earlier understanding was he prefers being, is better?, on the right side. Now I am having second thoughts since all the suggestions on social media are that it will be Hedges@RCB and Rosted@LCB. What say you community?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Separated At Birth? Osorio and Bad Bunny? I knew that was Jonathan in Bullet Train!

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-08-2023 at 01:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Lots of happy faces. I notice Kosi doing the short-shorts thing ala Insigne.
    Yep, team is bonding. Though, I was wondering why Lolo is playing in a Speedo?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/6...b823397b861a8d

Not too bad. We're 1 or 2 players away from potentially being a good team. Just need more depth at midfield and the backline. But the team looks improved.

I'm slightly worried about midfield depth but overall the first 10/11 look good.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/6...b823397b861a8d

Not too bad. We're 1 or 2 players away from potentially being a good team. Just need more depth at midfield and the backline. But the team looks improved.

I'm slightly worried about midfield depth but overall the first 10/11 look good.
    We should win silverware with this lineup. Anything less is a disappointment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn’t be surprised if Vasquez gets a start once in a while as well.
    I just really really hope JJ finds his form again, that is a big difference maker right there for this starting 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    Maybe/hopefully a sell-on clause?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn’t over focus on the bigger picture for Nelson. TFC had to sell an Academy player to Europe. Whatever the price. It's about the message to kids they are trying to recruit.

Right now, the path to success for a GTA kid is “anything but TFC”
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No bench depth. You have a O’Neil, Vazquez and JJ/Ayo that’s it. Jesus.

All pieces in by now? Fail. Good attempt that would be great but for the lack of any plan to use that 3rd DP or Young Money.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post

All pieces in by now? Fail. Good attempt that would be great but for the lack of any plan to use that 3rd DP or Young Money.
    Agree with this, Good but by no means great, we are an Osorio injury away from fielding one of the worst midfields in the league, depth at that position is desperately needed and no VV won’t cut it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

game day- whoo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I wouldn’t over focus on the bigger picture for Nelson. TFC had to sell an Academy player to Europe. Whatever the price. It's about the message to kids they are trying to recruit.

Or, look, you can get to Europe coming here. I think that's the ultimate goal of any academy kid, get to first team here and over to Europe.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, we have a game today!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Yeah, agree. Although the mission of the academy producing a well-rounded and competent MLS starter is still incomplete (nobody say Osorio please, he had a half cup of coffee with the TFCA and was developed in Uruguay).

I’d like to see them actually produce someone themselves and have them produce before they leave TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingtfc View Post
    hey, we have a game today!
    streams???

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for Red Mamba aka Kobe Franklin to impress and get that first team contract. Kid has a future , Let’s see him take the next step.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post

They need 2 more pieces for sure.

But Sean Johnson, Anthony-Kaye, Laryea, Hedges, Rosted, Peretta have all come in the last 12 months. That's 6 guys who are capable starters.

I like that we're targeting former MLS guys for our squad rotation pieces. Guys who are familiar with the league similar to when they went and got with Drew Moor, Beitashour, etc in 2016.

I just want a CM badly. A slightly lesser version of Alan Valera is exactly what this team needs. Someone who can dominate the defensive middle of the park and put through balls to the Italians. (I put a slightly lesser version of Valera because I'm just being realistic as I don't think we could get him)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

based on the IG story yesterday by L.I and VV seems like- JJ/FB/LI/VV/Petruzza seem to get along well-

I did noticed FB was the furthest seat away from LI - LOL - not to start anything.

Also whoever runs TFC Social Media isnt that great- they tweet and tag LI/FB - who havent even posted on twitter in years LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Can't see Rosenberg paying more then 1-1.5M max. Still can convert most of it to GAM as he's homegrown. Decent sell on % will be key.
    You seem to have got it right. Some SM posts suggesting 1M/E thereby about 1.1M/USD. Also, some posts suggesting will all be (because of designation, converted to) GAM. That's good? I hope/expect a decent % sell-on clause. Yet, do reports of only 1 year left on his TFC contract factor in this aspect?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    streams???
    MLS is avoiding streams - the social media people are not happy about this but it seems to be a league wide approach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    streams???
    Just confirmed with Eric no streams for the game today.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    MLS is avoiding streams - the social media people are not happy about this but it seems to be a league wide approach.
    Which is odd..(it was mentioned on the Toronto 'Til I die podcast) but why would they go to the trouble of branding and naming these pre-season games as Coachella Valley Invitational and then not have even a one camera stream of it available for us. I get there might be trialist we don't know about...that's a separate story about also not having enough media coverage of each team in general. But feels like this is a missed opportunity. I know apple probably wouldn't pick it up either because The Empire Polo Club where they are playing probably isn't suitable for multi camera media coverage..but still. If that's the case don't brand it as such on the website: https://coachellavalleyinvitational.com/

"The Coachella Valley Invitational welcomes the best clubs in MLS (and their fans!) to Greater Palm Springs, California, where sweeping desert vistas will provide the perfect backdrop for this three-week competition to secure roster spots, build momentum, and unofficially officially launch the 2023 MLS season."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to pleasant Trondheim, Norway Jayden. It can be cold and snows here too. BTW, not a lot of winter sunshine.

https://www.adressa.no/sport/fotball...ignere-med-rbk

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    based on the IG story yesterday by L.I and VV seems like- JJ/FB/LI/VV/Petruzza seem to get along well-

I did noticed FB was the furthest seat away from LI - LOL - not to start anything.

Also whoever runs TFC Social Media isnt that great- they tweet and tag LI/FB - who havent even posted on twitter in years LOL.
    Cannot downplay the VV Spanish and veteran connection for JJ, who also because of europe, big club and success experiences also plays into LI & FB well.

Still one injury away from troubles in the midfield, two injuries away (like last year) from disaster. More depth has to be coming, cannot wait until the summer window. Maybe for the DP but definitely not for competent depth and minutes relief right now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Cannot downplay the VV Spanish and veteran connection for JJ, who also because of europe, big club and success experiences also plays into LI & FB well.

Still one injury away from troubles in the midfield, two injuries away (like last year) from disaster. More depth has to be coming, cannot wait until the summer window. Maybe for the DP but definitely not for competent depth and minutes relief right now
    We need at least a midfielder. VV, Kosi and a completely untested Themi Antonoglou are entirely insufficient. One person goes down in that mid three and we're probably in trouble. I'm not sure VV has the legs to be a full-on injury replacement, either, so if Oso goes down, we are in deep trouble again.

BB did say they're working on midfield and striker depth, so maybe we'll see someone else in soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    Which is odd..(it was mentioned on the Toronto 'Til I die podcast) but why would they go to the trouble of branding and naming these pre-season games as Coachella Valley Invitational and then not have even a one camera stream of it available for us. I get there might be trialist we don't know about...that's a separate story about also not having enough media coverage of each team in general. But feels like this is a missed opportunity. I know apple probably wouldn't pick it up either because The Empire Polo Club where they are playing probably isn't suitable for multi camera media coverage..but still. If that's the case don't brand it as such on the website: https://coachellavalleyinvitational.com/

"The Coachella Valley Invitational welcomes the best clubs in MLS (and their fans!) to Greater Palm Springs, California, where sweeping desert vistas will provide the perfect backdrop for this three-week competition to secure roster spots, build momentum, and unofficially officially launch the 2023 MLS season."

wait so apple not broadcasting the game tonight? i still cant even login -having password issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Cannot downplay the VV Spanish and veteran connection for JJ, who also because of europe, big club and success experiences also plays into LI & FB well. Still one injury away from troubles in the midfield, two injuries away (like last year) from disaster. More depth has to be coming, cannot wait until the summer window. Maybe for the DP but definitely not for competent depth and minutes relief right now
    Grasping at straws here. A has been or never was? Tenuous connect? In Emergency Break The Glass option? Old, likely very affordable; cap friendly. Depth Spanish midfielder. Cristian Portilla Rodriguez?