Page 153 of 174 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,590 of 5193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok. What's up with some of the Jayden Nelson SM Traffic all of a sudden?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've also taken looks at Brondby's record while he was a starter vs this year - they looked better with him than without. This is Soccer, and as we know, the best XI always plays every match and there's ZERO room for politics or favoritism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post

Now that is interesting; two way dealings with that region. Sharing resource management. Do you think he may have already traveled there as a trialist? Given some of the SM asks over the past few days of where he was? IIUC, Rosenborg are in pre-season and currently engaged in a series of friendlies like TFC.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    I've also taken looks at Brondby's record while he was a starter vs this year - they looked better with him than without. This is Soccer, and as we know, the best XI always plays every match and there's ZERO room for politics or favoritism.
    cyle larin wasn't getting any minutes in belgium, went to a better league and has 2 goals in about 45 mins.

a lot of time it's just circumstance, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    While I am sure we will discover several points of differentiation between him and Mavinga, and I like Mavinga, an obvious one for me would be goals. Has Mavinga even netted one with TFC? IIRC, Siggi has gotten 5 with Brondby. All headers and nice; one even a championship winner?
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-06-2023 at 03:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    While I am sure we will discover several points of differentiation between him and Mavinga, and I like Mavinga, an obvious one for me would be goals. Has Mavinga even netted one with TFC? IIRC, Siggi has gotten 5 with Brondby. All headers and nice; one even a championship winner?
    No goals with TFC - this was the closest, but it was deemed an OG https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knRmonneLt8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://canoe.com/sports/soccer/mls/...-spot-heats-up

Ayo says strikers are relishing the competition, and that his knee restricted his movement last year but is better. More on camp.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    https://canoe.com/sports/soccer/mls/...-spot-heats-up

Ayo says strikers are relishing the competition, and that his knee restricted his movement last year but is better. More on camp.
    good article, and good honesty from ayo about how last year turned out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long-shot, unsuitable, MID depth candidates... Reports on a personal interest of mine, USMNT AM Alan Sonora to Ciudad Juárez. Still have hope for another I regard, AM Sebastian Kowalczyk. Given the full backs we have, a possible and more youthful bench option for any double pivot of Oso on the left and Michael or Mark Anthony on the right if we get no DM? On that, if W Jayden Nelson does transfer, do we try to replace him with a 'natural' midfielder? I guess like with like we could have replaced him with Nicolò Zaniolo?
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-06-2023 at 09:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The downside of signing with Rosenborg - the transfer fee will likely be insignificant and provide us with minimal GAM.

There will almost certainly be a sell-on, but that doesn't help us with the MLS cap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is (almost) a done deal. Jayden Nelson is certainly somewhere-else in-person- packing back in Toronto, here/there... either waiting to get his papers in order or on trial; already in practice. Not featured nor shown in the latest TFC pre-season video. Everyone else, they all seem to be in good spirits; gelling. VV does look good-loose and seems to be connecting with the Italians- Fede; IIRC, not only Lolo but also JJ in a previous release/snapshot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    No goals with TFC - this was the closest, but it was deemed an OG https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knRmonneLt8
    I was there. I should have remembered that. With your reminder, now recall how happy he was and I was for him; from my seating perspective thought he got his foot/leg on that even though eventually...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    The downside of signing with Rosenborg - the transfer fee will likely be insignificant and provide us with minimal GAM.

There will almost certainly be a sell-on, but that doesn't help us with the MLS cap.
    Agree. Likely. Yet, if it goes according to plan, works out, should assist in his development. I think that opportunity has plateaued for now at TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post

I suspect a sell on clause is included here. But at the very least, selling an actual youth player to Europe is progress. And because the Europeans are more heavy on tactics than we are, he’ll hopefully get everything drilled into him at the right point of his career.

Now with this departure, we certainly need a depth signing in midfield. Let’s hope we have someone ready.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree. Likely. Yet, if it goes according to plan, works out, should assist in his development. I think that opportunity has plateaued for now at TFC.
    I think he just needs playing time. The Norwegian league is ranked lower then MLS.

He had some bright moments last year but also lots of bad moments. Not sure how I feel but definitely doesnt help our depth problem if he leaves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    I think he just needs playing time. The Norwegian league is ranked lower then MLS.

He had some bright moments last year but also lots of bad moments. Not sure how I feel but definitely doesnt help our depth problem if he leaves.
    Yes. You stated it better. For me, playing time (should) = development (opportunity). Even in a lower tier setting. I am not sure he would get enough/much of that at TFC moving forward if we are indeed in the 'win now' mode.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-07-2023 at 10:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although not that novel of a prediction since most clubs are always looking for a striker at every transfer window... FR seems to be suggesting that at this next- summer- transfer window the position will be 'the' hot ticket. Either just got more challenging and expensive for TFC if the position needs to be part of their consideration equation or in reaction conveniently channels them to more likely address the midfield.

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-07-2023 at 10:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't see Rosenberg paying more then 1-1.5M max. Still can convert most of it to GAM as he's homegrown. Decent sell on % will be key.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although not that novel of a prediction since most clubs are always looking for a striker at every transfer window... FR seems to be suggesting that at this next- summer- transfer window the position will be 'the' hot ticket. Either just got more challenging and expensive for TFC if the position needs to be part of their consideration equation or in reaction conveniently channels them to more likely address the midfield.

He's not talking about MLS dude. There are hundreds of strikers good enough to start in MLS. You can throw a shoe at any professional league above, approximately, El Salvador and find a striker who we could sign if willing to pay.

He's talking about the big five leagues and the race for a dozen or so of the best young strikers, guys with future value and instant impact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Can't see Rosenberg paying more then 1-1.5M max. Still can convert most of it to GAM as he's homegrown. Decent sell on % will be key.
    Those clubs seem to take transfermarkt sorta seriously (I still have no idea why, since it estimates everything) and they have him at €4m. You'd think they'd shoot for that, or something close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Those clubs seem to take transfermarkt sorta seriously (I still have no idea why, since it estimates everything) and they have him at 4m. You'd think they'd shoot for that, or something close.
    If we get that much, pop open the champagne.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That means that 1 for 25% is not an unreasonable ask.
    1.5-2 for up to 50% is also reasonable.

As to why the estimates of TM are taken seriously, well if they are good at estimating then if they are considered to be with 10% of actual value by most parties than that is a very good beginning for negotiation. Value is determined at the intersection of available currency and perceived value. TM is useful for gauging perceived value. Buyer and seller then negotiate based on needs and resources. In a pool this big simply having a single source of reasonable estimates is the most useful tool the football world could have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Siggy Stardust and the Reds.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strange to call him “Scandinavian”.

If the Rosenborg PR on Nelson calls him “North American”, well, we know who started it!
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Strange to call him “Scandinavian”.

If the Rosenborg PR on Nelson calls him “North American”, well, we know who started it!
    Nah, Scandinavian folks do it themselves (refer to themselves as 'Scandis' in Europe). We don't refer to ourselves as "North Americans."

Funnily, though, there's a certain breed of posh and not-very-self-aware English middle classer (what we would consider "well off" here) who insist in arguments on line that it's incorrect to refer to people from the U.S. as "Americans" as that could denote anyone from the Americas.

Invariably, someone points out to them that it refers to the "America" in "United States of America", that NOBODY here calls themselves a "North American", and that Canadians and Mexicans also call them "Americans." Or "Fucking Americans," in half the cases.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rostad and McNaughton can have a model off, ala Zoolander.