Page 152 of 174 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,560 of 5193
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^Ditto

The scary thing about posts like this is that they are partially true, so there is validity to some of what is being said. BUT don’t compare 2021 results with the benefits of him signing his contract in Dec 2019. It was a steal in 2019. (Pre-Covid as well)

IMHO, if Jozy starts the 2nd half in Seattle, we win…. Vanney was slow in that decision. A foul and a freak deflection and Seattle goes up 1-0, I was at the game. MB came after the game with 4 others and specifically acknowledged the traveling fans.

Prior to his re-signing, in his 6 years with the club we won numerous Canadian Championships, the Treble in 2017, MLS finals in 2016 & 2019 (19 without Gio), and got to the finals of the 2018 CCL. (And yes he missed his penalty), but other missed sitters that should have ended the game before then.

Taking the Max TAM allowed us to sign Piatti.

With respect to no one wanting to come to Toronto, absolutely correct in 20, 21 & even partially in 22. For professional athletes, it was a pain to cross the border for others doing business in general, close to impossible. So although factually correct, there were circumstances beyond the ordinary. We played most of the year in Orlando for crying out loud in 2021 (some home field benefit). With respect to recruiting Americans for soccer/football, it is always difficult Europe first, USA second and the rest are best offers. We got Jozy and MB probably because they were part of the USA missing the world cup… sounds somewhat similar to our new crew.

Signing Insigne and as a result Bernie are excellent for the club and I fully agree that it is time for MB to play less. But this club would not even be close to where we are without him. You can dislike his contribution now, but to say the max tam was stupid shows that maybe a little better understanding of MLS Cap rules are in order.

MLSE isn’t crying over it, they are still making money.

As Hala points out, we need that midfield backup right now but replacement (summer or next year). And that’s how this stays in the off-season roster for the Mods and not Groundhog Day ;-)
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 02-05-2023 at 11:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have a game in three days.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Looks like James Sands is leaving Rangers. I wonder who has his MLS rights, or is that no longer at thing with the allocation order gone.
    He is on loan from NYCFC, it was initially for 18-months when it happened last January.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    Wasn’t Groundhog Day Thursday? How/Why did this become a Bradley thread again? Anyway from the 12 second San Diego clip VV looks fit, can’t wait to see Vaz launch some pin point passes to the Italians for some highlight reel goals.

Posters who are using certain situations to hijack this thread from a discussion of incoming or outgoing players into a thinly veiled endless screed against management should note that this isn't being tolerated. Sure people can approve or disapprove a new acquisition but endlessly using a player who is neither coming or going just to launch a repetitive attack is both boring and detrimental to the discussion here.

This especially relates to the Montreal supporter on here who comes on here (pretending to be a TFC fan) in order to cause fights.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    He is on loan from NYCFC, it was initially for 18-months when it happened last January.
    It's weird because he seemed to start so well. But then, they were arse under Van Bronkhorst and Beale looks the real deal.

He's a decent young mid in MLS. I wonder if NYFC will use him or try and send him out again. Hard to peg how they value and choose players.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have a game in three days.
    Yes but if nobody sees or hears it, can we write a Bruce Cockburn verse about it?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Who's that and why is it in Japanese?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rothrock just signed with Seattle's MLSNP team last week. Would be weird timing to decide to invite him to the second pre season after not inviting him to the first and having him sign elsewhere.

just looked at the account. It just got created and looks like he's just uploading a bunch of old pictures (titling some as 'memories') . He's got some with Achara and Kaye too. I think he must be a sports doctor (Rothrock, Kaye, and Achara all had injuries here, so that seems to be what I think is the case)

Edit:fixed typo
    Last edited by rydermike; 02-06-2023 at 07:17 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God damn it, I've been schmeckeldorfed!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    God damn it, I've been schmeckeldorfed!!!

( We all have at one time or another! )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is this guy? Any good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know who this may be?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not bad? Ok? So far?

TORONTO FC - Y23 Starting Line-Up
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-06-2023 at 09:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Finally, was wondering when this was gonna get done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know who this may be?

i think that is kobe franklin in the front and the spanish mid from tfc2 in the backgound.the fact that i know this shows that i have no life

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    Thanks reggie. Appreciated. I believe #52 in the background is Alonso Coello? You may be right that it's KF in the foreground; no more baby face with a mop top?
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-06-2023 at 11:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not bad? Ok? So far?

TORONTO FC - Y23 Starting Line-Up

Im happy with all the new additions- my only question- can this team actually defend or is TFC scoring 4 goals a game while trying not to let in 3?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Im happy with all the new additions- my only question- can this team actually defend or is TFC scoring 4 goals a game while trying not to let in 3?
    they;ve added two defender with europa league experience and a top end MLS CB.

the difference between this and last year should be huge, especially with the added confidence of having SJ behind them as opposed to Bono.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    they;ve added two defender with europa league experience and a top end MLS CB.

the difference between this and last year should be huge, especially with the added confidence of having SJ behind them as opposed to Bono.
    SHOULD be.

I mean, there are no excuses now. If the tactics are wrong, and the midfield being bypassedf still ends up with multiple breakaways or unmarked men on the backpost, getting new pieces won't fix it.

I'm not convinced our approach last year -- hybrid as it likely was -- was ever going to work.

I'd also note that they let Rosted go for free because he'd lost his starting spot. The guy starting ahead of him just got bought as a DP by Colorado. Him, they did NOT want to let go.

To me, that means we should expect a good defender -- based on track record -- but not a mistake-free line leader (That's supposed to be Hedges, which perhaps will make up for it. We haven't had one since Moor.)

Either way, better goalie probably saves us nine points minimum, so I don't think it's possible we could be worse.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SHOULD be.

I mean, there are no excuses now. If the tactics are wrong, and the midfield being bypassedf still ends up with multiple breakaways or unmarked men on the backpost, getting new pieces won't fix it.

I'm not convinced our approach last year -- hybrid as it likely was -- was ever going to work.

I'd also note that they let Rosted go for free because he'd lost his starting spot. The guy starting ahead of him just got bought as a DP by Colorado. Him, they did NOT want to let go.

To me, that means we should expect a good defender -- based on track record -- but not a mistake-free line leader (That's supposed to be Hedges, which perhaps will make up for it. We haven't had one since Moor.)

Either way, better goalie probably saves us nine points minimum, so I don't think it's possible we could be worse.
    yep, should be until we see it working.

but based on what we know about MLS don't see why not.

i see us playing a very possession based style. works well with the players we have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SHOULD be.

I’m with you. Optimistic but cautiously waiting to see how it all comes together. It’s crossed my mind that Berna and LI are such exceptional talents, having a passable supporting cast around them might be enough to carry the day.

But then again, MLS has gone up a lot in quality over the years. To the point where LAFC brought Bale off the bench. But nonetheless…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    yep, should be until we see it working.

but based on what we know about MLS don't see why not.

i see us playing a very possession based style. works well with the players we have.

Does anyone know- the tactics BB has deployed in the past? from my understanding he isnt flexible and i thought he only liked to play the high-press?

I would prefer possession based for sure- but from what I've seen - could be another high -pressing tactic for 2023...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I’m with you. Optimistic but cautiously waiting to see how it all comes together. It’s crossed my mind that Berna and LI are such exceptional talents, having a passable supporting cast around them might be enough to carry the day.

But then again, MLS has gone up a lot in quality over the years. To the point where LAFC brought Bale off the bench. But nonetheless…
    Yeah, I don't think we can rely on them carrying us. It's rare for foreign players to maintain the same level of intensity in this league, because it's just lacking generally.

I see predictions of 20 goals each and I think people are forgetting that, as poor as MLS can be sometimes, it's not a rec league and they're not Seba. Neither is the type of player who's going to dance around seven Red Bulls like theyr'e statues. They're far more rounded players and, as such, should make their teammates better. But if insigne wound up with 10 goals and 12 assists, I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed, as it's more his style of game, to create and score.

Bernadeschi is so strong and skilled I will be disappointed if he doesn't score 15. Having said that, seven of his goals last year were penalties, so who knows. If he gave us double-digit goals and assists, again, that should indicate he's dominant in his role. His stats say that when he played in the hole at Fiorentina he was always a threat.

But we need other players to step up and perform.
    Last edited by jloome; 02-06-2023 at 12:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Does anyone know- the tactics BB has deployed in the past? from my understanding he isnt flexible and i thought he only liked to play the high-press?

I would prefer possession based for sure- but from what I've seen - could be another high -pressing tactic for 2023...
    At LA, he sort of mixed high pressing with speed. He's very into the quick counter and 'tendency' management, which is to say having his team setup to attack the other team's perceived weakness, rather than sticking to a rigid style. So he'll have them press when the other team has poor possession in their own end (loose balls, isolated players) but n ot set up in a block.

When we had the ball offensively last year, he pushed up the whole team to try and dominate that possession and unbalance opposing defenders with cross-field movement in the final third.

THe trouble is, it often didn't work. We'd give up possession cheaply after five or six passes without creating anything, and that led to transitional goals against in abundance. I didn't agree with the constant highline or what appeared to be a rotating midfield triangle. Neither worked. Both seem like potential tactical blindspots that could affect us this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At LA, he sort of mixed high pressing with speed. He's very into the quick counter and 'tendency' management, which is to say having his team setup to attack the other team's perceived weakness, rather than sticking to a rigid style. So he'll have them press when the other team has poor possession in their own end (loose balls, isolated players) but n ot set up in a block.

When we had the ball offensively last year, he pushed up the whole team to try and dominate that possession and unbalance opposing defenders with cross-field movement in the final third.

THe trouble is, it often didn't work. We'd give up possession cheaply after five or six passes without creating anything, and that led to transitional goals against in abundance. I didn't agree with the constant highline or what appeared to be a rotating midfield triangle. Neither worked. Both seem like potential tactical blindspots that could affect us this year.

appreciate your insight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob is not a press for pressings sake manager. Bob wants the ball, and wants to set up shop in the attacking third. He wants his team to win the ball back quickly if it is lost in the attacking third. If balls are lost in advantageous positions that can lead to quick recoveries and rapid attacks. This style make bad transitional opportunities a feature not a bug.

If the ball is lost in bad positions counter attacks will happen. His sheild winning LAFC team was prone to giving up bad goals, just not a lot of them. If we are good at the possession side of football, we will be good a BB soccer. We will also have a lot of defensive actions in the attacking third, which statistically will make us look like a pressing team. Similar to his LAFC team. Pressing is a result of playing Bob's football well. Not the aim of his system.

Hope that helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    Bob is not a press for pressings sake manager. Bob wants the ball, and wants to set up shop in the attacking third. He wants his team to win the ball back quickly if it is lost in the attacking third. If balls are lost in advantageous positions that can lead to quick recoveries and rapid attacks. This style make bad transitional opportunities a feature not a bug.

If the ball is lost in bad positions counter attacks will happen. His sheild winning LAFC team was prone to giving up bad goals, just not a lot of them. If we are good at the possession side of football, we will be good a BB soccer. We will also have a lot of defensive actions in the attacking third, which statistically will make us look like a pressing team. Similar to his LAFC team. Pressing is a result of playing Bob's football well. Not the aim of his system.

Hope that helps.
    Brondby fans say Rosted is generally a good center half. He's a good passer and quick enough, but is prone to the odd error. Sounds like a younger Mavinga, maybe a little more size than athleticism but in a similar mold.

Seems he got someone he thought would complement Hedges, who is not error prone but is also not quick.