Page 145 of 174 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,350 of 5193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is the most Danish-looking man I've ever seen. He's like the love child of Hans Christian Andersen and Sandi Toksvig. (I mean, HCA was very gay, so probably not. And dead. Dead is also a problem. Plus, Sandi's in her sixties. Okay, shit analogy.)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that and Sandi Toksvig is also very gay sooooo.......

Hope this news is true (well not the HCA thing, that I don't care about)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    That is the most Danish-looking man I've ever seen. He's like the love child of Hans Christian Andersen and Sandi Toksvig. (I mean, HCA was very gay, so probably not. And dead. Dead is also a problem. Plus, Sandi's in her sixties. Okay, shit analogy.)
    Naw... I get what you are saying... definitely has that/the Nordic-Scandinavian Look; awaiting to see his style!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Well that and Sandi Toksvig is also very gay sooooo.......

Hope this news is true (well not the HCA thing, that I don't care about)
    It's deadline day for most Euro leagues today, so of they have another piece coming in from Germany or Italy etc. they probably had to close this deal first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as I hope Luca Petrasso does well in Orlando, because he's Canadian, I have to say that if he's healthy Petretta looks multiple times the player.

Let's face it, if they end out closing a permanent deal on Richie and the two center halfs are as advertised, this is one hell of an offseason.

Just need a defensive minded central midfielder now. Even without I think we'll be competitive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Danish TV also confirming it, and that they required another player in first.

https://www.tv2.no/sport/fotball/tv-...lubb/15471464/

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as I hope Luca Petrasso does well in Orlando, because he's Canadian, I have to say that if he's healthy Petretta looks multiple times the player.

Let's face it, if they end out closing a permanent deal on Richie and the two center halfs are as advertised, this is one hell of an offseason.

Just need a defensive minded central midfielder now. Even without I think we'll be competitive.
    absolutely.

being greedy i would like some depth at a couple places, especially if nelson is leaving.

if he goes, we need probably 2 midfielders, a fullback and a winger.

but when you look at the offseason as a whole we've gotten way way better both as a squad and a starting XI.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    absolutely.

being greedy i would like some depth at a couple places, especially if nelson is leaving.

if he goes, we need probably 2 midfielders, a fullback and a winger.

but when you look at the offseason as a whole we've gotten way way better both as a squad and a starting XI.
    I mean... way better. I'm a little excited by the wing play. Petretta-Insigne on one side, Laryea-Bernadeschi on the other? Maybe the reason he's not worried about a DM is he'll just sit two mids deep in a triangle nd play wide all the time. Probably not, but the general reality is, we're going to be a hard team to disposses, have a ton of firepower, a solid back line and a goalie who saves games.

To use a phrase familiar to Leeds fans right about now, there are no excuses at this point. They should be making a deep playoff run with this team, barring catastrophes that shall go undescribed for reasons of abjectly magical thinking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to one of the stories Bob has been a Rosted admirer for awhile. Not to get too excited, but his Whoscored "strengths and weakness chart" is:
    Sigurd Rosted Characteristics

+ Strengths

Passing
    Strong

- Weaknesses
    (Player has no significant weaknesses)

Sigurd Rosted's Style of Play

Indirect set-piece threat

Likes to dribble

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to one of the stories Bob has been a Rosted admirer for awhile. Not to get too excited, but his Whoscored "strengths and weakness chart" is:
    Sigurd Rosted Characteristics

+ Strengths

Passing
    Strong

- Weaknesses

[COLOR=#808080 !important](Player has no significant weaknesses)

Sigurd Rosted's Style of Play

Indirect set-piece threat

Likes to dribble

[/COLOR]
    perfect.

having two CBs with passing ability will heavily lighten the load on MB. this is going to be a fun possession based team.

also what i liked about the petretta signing was they talked about having very good reviews of him in the dressing room and as a character.

you'd think the same would be true here with bob's contacts in scandinavia.

almost as important as playing ability in some ways, we all remember soteldo and how damaging it can be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

perfect.

having two CBs with passing ability will heavily lighten the load on MB. this is going to be a fun possession based team.
    Plus, if he's a competent dribbler, it means he can step up and handle some of the shit in the air, while Hedges doesn't have to worry about doing so and can stay deep, which prevents him being beat for speed.

When you add in the fact that three of the four on the backline and two of our mids are excellent shot blockers, and it both minimizes Sean Johnson's weaknesses and somewhat nullifies our lack of defensive grit in the middle.

They've planned this pretty carefully. They stayed away from guys like Matarita who are made of glass. Most of these guys have had maybe one significant injury their entire careers, lost days in the single or low double digits.

No wonder they're being so patient about a DP. When the July European window opens up, they'll have a pick of guys heading to the playoffs or, if we're short due to injuries or someone important has gone down, will immediately be able to plug that hole (or more than one if they go the U22 option).

I think for the first time in a very long time, TFC bossed the off season. Other teams had as many pieces to get, but are still looking slipshod. Atlanta has done really well, but not as well. Some like Montreal and NYFC still look well short of what they need.

But for the first fucking time in a very long fucking time, I don't feel like ranting about whether someone should be fired. I think that's the TFC/MLSE version of excellence.
    Last edited by jloome; 01-31-2023 at 01:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So they have actually fixed the back line and the goalie position with Petretta, Rosted, Hedges and Johnson. Lots of new faces. I'm pretty surprised they managed to do all of it. But they need a defensive CM badly. Vazquez and Bradley in CM won't cut it.

Get a CM/CDM and we're good.

Insgine-Jiminez-Bernadeschi
    Kaye------???????-----Osorio
    Petretta-Rosted-Hedges-Laryea
    ------------Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    So they have actually fixed the back line and the goalie position with Petretta, Rosted, Hedges and Johnson. Lots of new faces. I'm pretty surprised they managed to do all of it. But they need a defensive CM badly. Vazquez and Bradley in CM won't cut it.

Get a CM/CDM and we're good.

Insgine-Jiminez-Bernadeschi
    Kaye------???????-----Osorio
    Petretta-Rosted-Hedges-Laryea
    ------------Johnson
    I promise you Bradley will start every game this year, unless he gets injured.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    I promise you Bradley will start every game this year, unless he gets injured.
    doubt, they are going to rotate players this year, like most teams do.

we just had no other mids.

theyve been talking about wanting midfield depth since season ends, wouldnt be shocked to see them bring in 2 mids (one of whom can play fullback too).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most importantly they get 4 weeks to train together and a mini tournament before the season starts. Look for a rebound for some of the kids as well, now that they are supporting cast with energy to bring to a game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Most importantly they get 4 weeks to train together and a mini tournament before the season starts. Look for a rebound for some of the kids as well, now that they are supporting cast with energy to bring to a game.
    yep, that's the thing, a lot of the kids will look a ton better when they are sharing the field with 9/10 senior players.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kosi may be able to play the spell role for Bradley while VV (and Nelson) should be meant to spell the other two. I honestly don't think we're in a bad spot now but if we get one more depth swiss army knife, I will not complain. Gimme a Hagglund/NDL.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/F_Abolhosseini/s...03465620566017

3.5 million kroner - a close to $700,000 transfer fee for Rosted. Gonna need confirmation from a more well-known source but this does sour the deal for me somewhat slightly. Over 2/3 years it's probably a lot better but it does feel like an overpay within a cap league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post

3.5 million kroner - a close to $700,000 transfer fee for Rosted. Gonna need confirmation from a more well-known source but this does sour the deal for me somewhat slightly. Over 2/3 years it's probably a lot better but it does feel like an overpay within a cap league.
    As you said, it's not too bad amortized over 3 years. Will have to see what his salary is though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

511K over 3 years/4 years is pretty insignificant.

(i think you did conversion to CAD, but MLS uses USD).

for reference, we got 300-350K for luca petrasso, a depth LB in any decent MLS squad.
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 01-31-2023 at 02:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3.5 mill DKK is equal to under 300k USD
    about 293k

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

511K over 3 years/4 years is pretty insignificant.

(i think you did conversion to CAD, but MLS uses USD).
    I did. My brain is on vacation mode already, thanks for the catch.

In that case, just big ol' financial muscles getting us deals over the finish line. Probably a no-TAM CB on $300-$400k, and all of a sudden we have a complete backline for the amount we paid Bono+Mavinga.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    3.5 mill DKK is equal to under 300k USD
    about 293k
    That is Norwegian Kroner you may be using, I just looked at DKK and it's what Leeds said.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did. My brain is on vacation mode already, thanks for the catch.

In that case, just big ol' financial muscles getting us deals over the finish line. Probably a no-TAM CB on $300-$400k, and all of a sudden we have a complete backline for the amount we paid Bono+Mavinga.
    i think they reported his salary agreed with us at 300K USD.

so amortized transfer fee over 4 years (probably will be 4 with option) = 427K budget charge every season. very reasonable for a starting CB in mls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep, that's the thing, a lot of the kids will look a ton better when they are sharing the field with 9/10 senior players.
    Agreed.

And the squad having half of a preseason together should help everything look better. I’m going to give some leeway at the beginning for the fact that none of what should be our back 4 and our starting keeper (and back up keeper) have ever played together before next week (Basel/Kasımpaşa, Brondby, Dallas, NYCFC, and Layrea who was most of last season with Forest) but three know the league and they should all be aware of what’s expected of them individually and as a group.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is Norwegian Kroner you may be using, I just looked at DKK and it's what Leeds said.
    He had Brann and at least one other club trying to sign him. He's an experienced center half at a good level, we weren't getting him for less than 500K. Hard to get an MLS player for that these days.

Plus they're probably refitting the whole transfer system next year, so it seems quite likely how the fee is split, season cap wise, will be changing anyway.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/Total_TFC/status...07145908424705

a report from a different source puts the transfer fee lower, around 2 M kroner, which would be just under 300K USD.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/Total_TFC/status...07145908424705

a report from a different source puts the transfer fee lower, around 2 M kroner, which would be just under 300K USD.
    Even better - honestly, the fee is inconsequential at this point, welcome to the team, Sigurd. Let's get that bread.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even better - honestly, the fee is inconsequential at this point, welcome to the team, Sigurd. Let's get that bread.
    regardless, looks like his budget charge will be 375- 425K/ season, very good for a starting CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kosi may be able to play the spell role for Bradley while VV (and Nelson) should be meant to spell the other two. I honestly don't think we're in a bad spot now but if we get one more depth swiss army knife, I will not complain. Gimme a Hagglund/NDL.
    I think from what people around TFC II have said, Themi Antonoglou has as high a top end and is probably close to being able deputize competently as a defensive midfielder or left back, he played both.

I know we don't want to depend on the kids, but competent spot duty, particularly late in games we've already won, will bring them along quicker than just assumign we wait for the one Alphonso-like diamond who can just jump levels repeatedly.