Page 143 of 174 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,290 of 5193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    I suspect there are a quite a few 'Mauros' we could cite together; some might even be of current interest for us/TFC?
    Probably only one and he'd be overvalued. I can only think of four Mauros who play football. One is too old and was shit at West Ham; one was good at Dallas but is playing millionaire football in Dubai; one plays for PSG but is on loan in Turkey and would never justify DP value; and the other was the dude you just pointed out this morning.

I think there was a Mauro who played for Brazil when I was a kid too. Might have been Portugal.

I think we need a central midfielder who's defensively capable and will challenge for a starting role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Probably only one and he'd be overvalued. I can only think of four Mauros who play football. One is too old and was shit at West Ham; one was good at Dallas but is playing millionaire football in Dubai; one plays for PSG but is on loan in Turkey and would never justify DP value; and the other was the dude you just pointed out this morning.
    I think there was a Mauro who played for Brazil when I was a kid too. Might have been Portugal. I think we need a central midfielder who's defensively capable and will challenge for a starting role.
    Agree about the need. Are there no 6's available anywhere? I have an affinity for Sonora, yet he is not what we really require. You are right about the Mauros. Don't know what I was thinking... obviously about lots of has-beens and never wases. Although, according to Transfermarkt, Diaz(?) seems to be without a club, only 31, but any 'value' he may have had seems to have fallen considerably.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We could sign Janio Bikel, the former Whitecap who's available on a free. When he was a DM in the Eredivisie and in his first year at Vancouver, he averaged better than two tackles per game, was a top-15 percentile progressive passer. Sartini turned him into a number eight and his efficacy plummeted. When to Vicenza in Serie B for a year and had 17 games. He's only 27. Maybe wants too much money or other issues, but his injury record is decent, too.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/tombogert/status...hsSlfWYig&s=19

Forest want Brenner and he wants the move.

Could be devastating for fcc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We could sign Janio Bikel, the former Whitecap who's available on a free. When he was a DM in the Eredivisie and in his first year at Vancouver, he averaged better than two tackles per game, was a top-15 percentile progressive passer. Sartini turned him into a number eight and his efficacy plummeted. When to Vicenza in Serie B for a year and had 17 games. He's only 27. Maybe wants too much money or other issues, but his injury record is decent, too.
    Searchlight the corners and cobwebs! Interesting candidate. IMO, warrants some fair consideration; with Dutch, Portuguese, Bulgarian, Italian football cultures experience. Maybe money is a question. Still, worth a kick at the tires and a (free) punt as trial depth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IIUC, some social media chatter suggests he would be (now is) the replacement for a Maxso transfer. Other indicates he would be (now is) a replacement for any transfer of either footballer; Rosted included.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-29-2023 at 07:44 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

likely to replace their starter they lost to colorado, and should see movement on the rosted front this week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    likely to replace their starter they lost to colorado, and should see movement on the rosted front this week.
    Maybe. Will have to pay attention to any firm chatter that he is in the line-up or not, perhaps even partnering with Lauritsen, for Brondby's Atlantic Cup match this Friday afternoon. If Rosted is included, I think the deal is likely off. Brondby or the player may have had second thoughts or TFC may have just moved on; Plan B.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe. Will have to pay attention to any firm chatter that he is in the line-up or not, perhaps even partnering with Lauritsen, for Brondby's Atlantic Cup match this Friday afternoon. If Rosted is included, I think the deal is likely off. Brondby or the player may have had second thoughts or TFC may have just moved on; Plan B.
    there's no reporting on any of that tho, the reporting was they had agreed terms with the player and they were working to find a price.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/JSRFootball/stat...52677403537409

good little interview with SJ and why he came here to toronto.

says at the end he's sure there are other players coming in, which is reassuring seeing as i doubt he would have signed with us not knowing the plans for this year and how they were going to build a title winning roster.
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 01-29-2023 at 08:29 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn nice voice....loves me a good baritone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Damn nice voice....loves me a good baritone
    He is as tall and handsome as Alex Bono. But, he can actually play GK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there's no reporting on any of that tho, the reporting was they had agreed terms with the player and they were working to find a price.
    Yes, I believe you are correct; no respected media reporting of that. Then again, IIRC, some of them reported he was getting on a flight to Toronto. Only to then play in a Brondby friendly. As just the second tier Internet sources of Norwegians/Danes were suggesting. Maybe I am wrong, but usually, if a deal is happening, if the terms with the player are agreed to, if his club is serious about the move, and if nothing is on the line that requires his play, relegation or championship, then it is customary that the player sits; for no unnecessary/added risk. Didn't Brenner just self-decide that for himself? Yes... I will concede perhaps more likely a protest than medical precaution.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-29-2023 at 11:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SJ said it... TFC is 'built to WIN NOW'!
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-29-2023 at 09:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/JSRFootball/stat...52677403537409

good little interview with SJ and why he came here to toronto.

says at the end he's sure there are other players coming in, which is reassuring seeing as i doubt he would have signed with us not knowing the plans for this year and how they were going to build a title winning roster.
    Win now baby!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Glad we've now settled another couple of critical needs. Unfortunate about Rosted seemingly not coming anymore.

By my count, we have 26 of 30 roster spots filled with 2 international slots + a DP slot open.

I think we still need
    1) Starting Level Midfielder- I'm of the belief we need 4 starting MFs for our 3 spots (due to rotation/rest/injury/etc). Oso/MAK/MB are three, need a fourth 90 minute guy (VV is not that guy anymore for me). I guess Nelson might fill this role if he stays given his use last year. Seemed better in MF than the wing. (Just didn't see enough of him at MF to say for sure he'd be a solid full season fourth midfielder since he mostly played wing)
    2) Centre-back - Similar to above need extra starting quality here. Oneill and McNaughton are solid #3/4 options for me as spot starters. Our 2017 line of Moor/Mavinga/Hernandez/Hagglund/Zavs was ideal quality/roles.
    3) Laryea or Laryea replacement - Self explanatory. Richie is here on loan until June 30. Either sign him permanently or need a repalcement. Maybe they view JMR as that guy if he stays. (this could wait for July window)
    4) Utility player - someone who can fill in multiple spots during an injury crisis
    5) Cheap depth - This I expect to be filled with a TFC2 guy or two like Kobe Franklin/Alonso Coello/Jalen Watson (draft pick) assuming cap space is limited. Especially if they transfer/trade out anyone (JMR/Nelson/Akinola/Singh/Jimenez)

agreed 100%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by the sounds of it petretta was the first option and had been on their radar for a while.

Im unsure- I believe I heard or read them say they were going back and forth on a couple of different options- doesnt sound like it was their primary target.

I would be happy if he stays healthy for sure- big risk still.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SJ said it... TFC is 'built to WIN NOW'!

To be fair- we were told once FB and LI arrived- TFC would be a playoff team- I think the seattle way is what they expected - and they were over confident or misjudged the quality of MLS.

TFC is all in with all the 30+ players for sure- think TFC is trending towards top 4 in the East

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

regarding SJ and ball distribution - is this an improvement on Bono?

based on the last game he had:
    14 Accurate passes
    3 in opposition half
    26 passes
    54% pass success <----------- not great -correct?
    18 long balls
    6 accurate long balls<--------------------------- this is good I would assume?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If those were stats from the USMNT friendly, never judge anybody based on what USMNT watchers call "Camp Cupcake".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    If those were stats from the USMNT friendly, never judge anybody based on what USMNT watchers call "Camp Cupcake".

it was -good to know!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    regarding SJ and ball distribution - is this an improvement on Bono?

based on the last game he had:
    14 Accurate passes
    3 in opposition half
    26 passes
    54% pass success <----------- not great -correct?
    18 long balls
    6 accurate long balls<--------------------------- this is good I would assume?
    With Bono you could add

11 kicks straight into touch
    3 out of penalty area run-arounds with near or actual injury to same team mate.

He owned those

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CorrwgBach View Post
    With Bono you could add

11 kicks straight into touch
    3 out of penalty area run-arounds with near or actual injury to same team mate.

He owned those
    there's a reason anderlecht and az alkmaar, two teams better than any in MLS, were looking at SJ, and Bono will be on the bench for one of the worst teams in MLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, time for another rumor. CB or CM, please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Okay, time for another rumor. CB or CM, please.
    That would be nice but until then a rather level headed look at the Sean Johnson signing:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/your-...-fc-contenders
    Last edited by los sonadores; 01-30-2023 at 06:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, I wonder who this is...

"Leeds United have given the green light for midfielder Mateusz Bogusz to leave the club amid a side from the MLS looking to sign him."

https://insidefutbol.com/2023/01/30/leeds-united-give-green-light-for-star-to-make-elland-road-exit-amid-interest-from-abroad/593326/

(We do have a former coach of Bob's in the Polish league, where he originated, so...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Leeds United have given the green light for midfielder Mateusz Bogusz to leave the club amid a side from the MLS looking to sign him."

https://insidefutbol.com/2023/01/30/leeds-united-give-green-light-for-star-to-make-elland-road-exit-amid-interest-from-abroad/593326/

(We do have a former coach of Bob's in the Polish league, where he originated, so...)
    Hmm, very interesting one. Under 23 and can play all midfield roles… sounds about like what the doctor ordered.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haven;t been following him recently, although i do know his one appearance for us (Leeds) was being ouctlassed by a league one midfield in the league cup.

was only 19, mind.

heard LAFC after him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems to be LAFC.