Page 140 of 174 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,200 of 5193
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ughhhhhh. such a relief

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am actually OK with starting O'Neill and MacNaughton as CB cover, for now. Same with JJ/Akinola. For now. Can address these in summer.

We have to have a DM cover solution in this window. Right now our solution when MB is not on the field, which should/will happen, is Oso at DM and VV playing 90 minutes. That cannot work.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yaay! Next!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two years for SJ is great. Limits any impact of decline as he gets older. Would have been nice to get an option year in there too though. Hopefully in two years time Gavran or De Rosario are ready to takeover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I am actually OK with starting O'Neill and MacNaughton as CB cover, for now. Same with JJ/Akinola. For now. Can address these in summer.

We have to have a DM cover solution in this window. Right now our solution when MB is not on the field, which should/will happen, is Oso at DM and VV playing 90 minutes. That cannot work.
    Except that is one Hedges injury away from disaster, defo need another CB.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

yep, fully agree.

imo we need to bring in 2 midfielders this window.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am ok with the depth we have in midfield given that we haven't moved Nelson yet and that I am high on Thompson/Camarero. My concern is with the backline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need another fullback, preferably that can play both sides. IMO this is equally, if not more important than the midfield piece. I doubt we see 2 midfielders this window unless Nelson ships off. Hard to tell if BB sees him as the backup to Insigne or if he'll be deployed more centrally as he was for stretches of last year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what we really need is a nico hasler type player that can fill in at fullback and midfield.

i actually saw that petretta has filled in at midfield a few times, wonder if that would be an option if we sign another fullback.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Johnson deal is a TAM money, two year deal. Very good piece of business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think we need another cb and some more bite in the midfield,any idea what SJ salary will be?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    yep. so between him and romero i believe we'll be spending significantly less on GKs than last year (760k vs around 900K).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Team option for a third? MLS contracts can be so short at times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need a DM. We had no ability to break up opposition attacks through our midfield last year. MB is not the answer. He is slow as molasses. Kaye plays a bit of defence, Osorio and VV do not

If this need is not addressed, nothing will change from last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad we've now settled another couple of critical needs. Unfortunate about Rosted seemingly not coming anymore.

By my count, we have 26 of 30 roster spots filled with 2 international slots + a DP slot open.

I think we still need
    1) Starting Level Midfielder- I'm of the belief we need 4 starting MFs for our 3 spots (due to rotation/rest/injury/etc). Oso/MAK/MB are three, need a fourth 90 minute guy (VV is not that guy anymore for me). I guess Nelson might fill this role if he stays given his use last year. Seemed better in MF than the wing. (Just didn't see enough of him at MF to say for sure he'd be a solid full season fourth midfielder since he mostly played wing)
    2) Centre-back - Similar to above need extra starting quality here. Oneill and McNaughton are solid #3/4 options for me as spot starters. Our 2017 line of Moor/Mavinga/Hernandez/Hagglund/Zavs was ideal quality/roles.
    3) Laryea or Laryea replacement - Self explanatory. Richie is here on loan until June 30. Either sign him permanently or need a repalcement. Maybe they view JMR as that guy if he stays. (this could wait for July window)
    4) Utility player - someone who can fill in multiple spots during an injury crisis
    5) Cheap depth - This I expect to be filled with a TFC2 guy or two like Kobe Franklin/Alonso Coello/Jalen Watson (draft pick) assuming cap space is limited. Especially if they transfer/trade out anyone (JMR/Nelson/Akinola/Singh/Jimenez)
    Last edited by rydermike; 01-27-2023 at 12:58 PM. Reason: small extra explanation

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerpro View Post
    We need a DM. We had no ability to break up opposition attacks through our midfield last year. MB is not the answer. He is slow as molasses. Kaye plays a bit of defence, Osorio and VV do not

huge sigh

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    This is/was probably obvious; though not to me till now. I suspect another keeper perspective might be Johnson is more the practical replacement that Westberg was and Romero is more like the Bono development project for TFC?
    To me , I am very high on Luka Gavran. He was very impressive in his first season with TFC II in 2022 after the Reds drafted him. He has size, great shot blocking ability, sees the field. Very interested in seeing how he progresses this year.

Also on the TFC II front, Kobe Franklin is in camp with the first team, would not be surprised to see this up and comer earn a MLS contract. He is Canada U-20 selection and the future is bright.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes , think Kobe has a pretty good chance at earning at first team deal. I also wonder what is up with Luke Singh at this point. He is still on the roster and last year it was a scramble to find him a CPL loan destination after Pacific has initially agreed to one and then backed out after deciding his was not a fit. In the end he ended up in Edmonton, which the league had taken over. Sure they will figure out something, do not see much of a future here.

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Glad we've now settled another couple of critical needs. Unfortunate about Rosted seemingly not coming anymore.

By my count, we have 26 of 30 roster spots filled with 2 international slots + a DP slot open.

I think we still need
    1) Starting Level Midfielder- I'm of the belief we need 4 starting MFs for our 3 spots (due to rotation/rest/injury/etc). Oso/MAK/MB are three, need a fourth 90 minute guy (VV is not that guy anymore for me). I guess Nelson might fill this role if he stays given his use last year. Seemed better in MF than the wing.
    2) Centre-back - Similar to above need extra starting quality here. Oneill and McNaughton are solid #3/4 options for me as spot starters. Our 2017 line of Moor/Mavinga/Hernandez/Hagglund/Zavs was ideal quality/roles.
    3) Laryea or Laryea replacement - Self explanatory. Richie is here on loan until June 30. Either sign him permanently or need a repalcement. Maybe they view JMR as that guy if he stays. (this could wait for July window)
    4) Utility player - someone who can fill in multiple spots during an injury crisis
    5) Cheap depth - This I expect to be filled with a TFC2 guys or two like Kobe Franklin/Alonso Coello/Jalen Watson (draft pick) assuming cap space is limited

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerpro View Post
    We need a DM. Kaye plays a bit of defense, Osorio and VV do not

Osorio can do this job and he can defend. He looked good at DM before and if we're waiting around for summer I would rather put him at DM and put VV or whoever in the attacking part of midfield.

Might not be the most effective use of Osorio's abilities but he can play the 6 better than MB at this point in time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On that, we will agree to disagree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bring back Poz

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Bring back Poz
    He's not all that tall for a CB....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's an updated depth chart.
    Like the last time, I filled it in so every position had a sub. (Some positions are fluid, formations/players will shift, etc.) so players will move around (especially amongst the front six)

The main player I had difficulty placing was Adama Diomande. Given his last couple years, not sure what to expect of him, so I placed him third, he could easily be anywhere 1-3 depending on what we get

Last edited by rydermike; 01-27-2023 at 01:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Bring back Poz
    https://www.reddit.com/r/tfc/comment...nsons_message/

He certainly seems to be saying he'd come back on a TAM deal here. But, I don't think there's any chance of us signing him with Bob here, it's clear that was an issue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My concern at this point is no longer the lineup, but whether BB's tactical system, which seems to involve a rotating central midfield of three 8's, is going to work.

If we're still getting killed in transition this year becuase we end up penned in the other end without creating enough chances, then the question of "press too much" will be moot. It's the same thing, effectively, as trying to pen your opponent in, when you have a bad transitional defence.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like the last time, I filled it in so every position had a sub. (Some positions are fluid, formations/players will shift, etc.) so players will move around (especially amongst the front six)

The main player I had difficulty placing was Adama Diomande. Given his last couple years, not sure what to expect of him, so I placed him third, he could easily be anywhere 1-3 depending on what we get

Thanks for your work on this.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this doesn't look awful at first glance but the lack of names behind Shane O'Neill that we can trust is shocking (and really, he should be pushed further down). #1 for me is a CB. I'm not going to be as concerned with CM because I think Kosi can make the jump. Gotta let the strikers shake themselves out, I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    To me , I am very high on Luka Gavran. He was very impressive in his first season with TFC II in 2022 after the Reds drafted him. He has size, great shot blocking ability, sees the field. Very interested in seeing how he progresses this year...
    You are probably right. Gavran should be in that mix battling with/against Romero. I think the indicated 'two year' deal with SJ may suggest BB has some faith in those two as eventual challengers/back-ups/replacements.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Second OT's thanks for this; great work. Agree with you about the difficulty of laying out all the various permutations over any ifs, ands, or buts. I would just have Diomande above Akinola. The reasoning being should Lolo or Fede sit out a match, JJ would be my/their go to replacement decision given his experience.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    I am ok with the depth we have in midfield given that we haven't moved Nelson yet and that I am high on Thompson/Camarero. My concern is with the backline.
    I actually thought Thompson was better in the mid-field than as a right back. He is young and was sent to the wolves somewhat. Isn’t he naturally a forward by training…