Page 14 of 174 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    ROI doesnt seem great so far in my opinion which is subjective by the way(and i dont believe you created the conspiracy thread -"in jest"
    It in theory allowed them to jack SSH costs by 15% to 25% after two years of being shite and a year lost due to the pandemic. Without this move and the falling pieces with it they would have had to keep the status quo.

That's the only ROI they care about along with selling more seats and advertising (which probably also went up).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    It in theory allowed them to jack SSH costs by 15% to 25% after two years of being shite and a year lost due to the pandemic. Without this move and the falling pieces with it they would have had to keep the status quo.

That's the only ROI they care about along with selling more seats and advertising (which probably also went up).
    well also the insigne signing raises the profile of the club significantly, which leads to a higher valuation.

i also don't believe that the berna or mimmo signings would have been possible without signing insigne first, and if they were, would have been far more expensive.

i also believe signing these sorts of players makes fleshing out the rest of the squad easier, as the pitch to join includes playing alongside insigne and bernardeschi, two euro winners and stars.

anyways we'll be able to properly assess in a couple years i reckon, not that it'll stop people trying to do so now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how this clown manning still has a job is beyond me
    tfc win the golden spoon highest payroll and bottom of the league 2 yrs in a row,
    we have become the laughingstock of the league again
    Last edited by reggie; 10-17-2022 at 02:04 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was vocal late last year that saying that paying USD$75M to Insigne could not be true. You can talk building asset value all you want, I will disagree, but will leave the argument to others. I had to eat that one but always hoped the number for Insigne had to be wrong.

So there it is - it isn't wrong.

This is long term bad for the team, it always is. It never works to have one guy on your team paid more than a bunch of other teams are. Then the reaction against this by the successor management... oof.

Anyway, hey, Insigne is a very good player. Sure. Definitely impacted others to come. Sure.

The top guy on the Union makes 10% of what Insigne makes.

Back to CMNT threads, see you.
    Last edited by ensco; 10-17-2022 at 02:24 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I was vocal late last year that saying that paying USD$75M to Insigne could not be true. You can talk building asset value all you want, I will disagree, but will leave the argument to others. I had to eat that one but always hoped the number for Insigne had to be wrong.

So there it is - it isn't wrong.

This is long term bad for the team, it always is. It never works to have one guy on your team paid more than a bunch of other teams are. Then the reaction against this by the successor management... oof.

Anyway, hey, Insigne is a very good player. Sure. Definitely impacted others to come. Sure.

The top guy on the Union makes 10% of what Insigne makes.

Back to CMNT threads, see you.
    63 M

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stand corrected.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    tfc win the golden spoon highest payroll and bottom of the league 2 yrs in a row
    We've only been the highest since July and onwards. Atlanta had the honors for the year and a half prior.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've only been the highest since July and onwards. Atlanta had the honors for the year and a half prior.
    atlanta also spend tens of millions on transfer fees which isn't taken into account here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    atlanta also spend tens of millions on transfer fees which isn't taken into account here.
    This is also a factor them and with a payroll over $20M, they're not getting value either.

Since their inaugural season big signing spree, the rest of their big signings have been middling to very, very poor. They are really blowing it with their DP strategy. Not sure how many times they need to shoot themselves in the foot to give up on finding Almiron big transfer fee #2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think what we're spending on Bernardeschi and Insigne is a big overypay but I honestly don't give a sh_t.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zero issues with Benie at under 7M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Zero issues with Benie at under 7M
    We're paying Berna less than Gio and Berna has a much higher pedigree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I think what we're spending on Bernardeschi and Insigne is a big overypay but I honestly don't give a sh_t.
    Me neither if we win.

What will piss me off is if we refuse to give Oso what he is looking for to stay (he is paid way less than MB in terms of midfielder comparisons) and he moves on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Me neither if we win.

What will piss me off is if we refuse to give Oso what he is looking for to stay (he is paid way less than MB in terms of midfielder comparisons) and he moves on.
    Not sure that $400K difference is going to do it and unless MLS salary mechanisms change for 2023, I wouldn't use the last DP spot on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure that $400K difference is going to do it and unless MLS salary mechanisms change for 2023, I wouldn't use the last DP spot on him.
    Definitely wouldn't use a DP on him either. Need a quality technical CM to dictate tempo or a goal scoring striker for DP money, but if it turns out essentially we lose Oso because of MB still being here on huge money over him, then that will be another blunder by Manning and co....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely wouldn't use a DP on him either. Need a quality technical CM to dictate tempo or a goal scoring striker for DP money, but if it turns out essentially we lose Oso because of MB still being here on huge money over him, then that will be another blunder by Manning and co....
    Might be a bit pedantic of me, but rather than saying we lose Oso because of MB, can we say it's because of salary cap constraints/mismanagement? It's not MB's fault the club offered him $1.5M and that they exercised the 4th year option on his deal. There's already enough legitimate reasons to critique MB that we don't need to create new ones.

Plus, given the amount of salary coming off the books this off season, there shouldn't be any reason we can't offer Oso max TAM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Might be a bit pedantic of me, but rather than saying we lose Oso because of MB, can we say it's because of salary cap constraints/mismanagement? It's not MB's fault the club offered him $1.5M and that they exercised the 4th year option on his deal. There's already enough legitimate reasons to critique MB that we don't need to create new ones.

Plus, given the amount of salary coming off the books this off season, there shouldn't be any reason we can't offer Oso max TAM.
    Agreed on contract mismanagement. Everyone knew* the option would be exercised, so he exteneded one year past when Oso's contract was done. We backed ourselves into a corner.

Oso has at least 4 more years of quality football left. And we saw how bad we looked without him. We are much better with him, he combines well with the Italians and chips in goals also.

How much is a max TAM potentially?

*IMO disclaimer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed on contract mismanagement. Everyone knew* the option would be exercised, so he exteneded one year past when Oso's contract was done. We backed ourselves into a corner.

Oso has at least 4 more years of quality football left. And we saw how bad we looked without him. We are much better with him, he combines well with the Italians and chips in goals also.

How much is a max TAM potentially?

*IMO disclaimer
    It was $1.6125M this season. Will probably go up a little bit next year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was $1.6125M this season. Will probably go up a little bit next year
    CDN or USD?

Either way is very good. He's on $1M now, would be a nice bump.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should look long and hard before giving oso a max tam deal.

I remember another time we gave a 30 year old with mounting injury history a big contract (jozy).

Oso has missed big minutes the last few years and there's nothing that hurts you more in this league than your most highly paid players being unavailable.

Not saying don't re-sign him (he was incredible when he was fit last year), just make sure that the injuries he's been having aren't likely to be recurring things that'll eventually need surgery.
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 10-18-2022 at 08:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS salary figures are USD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    MLS salary figures are USD.
    Thanks. So that max amount is worth about $2.2M CDN at today's f/x rate. Not bad at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    We should look long and hard before giving oso a max tam deal.

I remember another time we gave a 30 year old with mounting injury history a big contract (jozy).

Oso has missed big minutes the last few years and there's nothing that hurts you more in this league than your most highly paid players being unavailable.

Not saying don't re-sign him (he was incredible when he was fit last year), just make sure that the injuries he's been having aren't likely to be recurring things that'll eventually need surgery.
    100% this post.

Also, nobody was opposed to the MB DP->TAM downgrade at the time of the deal. It's harsh to call that mismanagement, because at the time it was universally seen as a brilliant piece of business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    100% this post.

Also, nobody was opposed to the MB DP->TAM downgrade at the time of the deal. It's harsh to call that mismanagement, because at the time it was universally seen as a brilliant piece of business.

I would say bradley made this offer himself - most moves after this havent not been brilliant unfortunately .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

absolutely -cant be mad at someone for asking and getting they want - most falls back on management

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    100% this post.

it would have been had they got the 3rd DP signing right. piatti, then soteldo totally fucked it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    I would say bradley made this offer himself - most moves after this havent not been brilliant unfortunately .
    Wasn't there some absolutely ridiculous* contract clause that had we won the 2019 MLS cup, Bradley would have automatically gotten a DP?

*in my humble opinion disclaimer

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't there some absolutely ridiculous* contract clause that had we won the 2019 MLS cup, Bradley would have automatically gotten a DP?

Yes there was, would have come be a DP in 2020 at 6.5M. Coming off a championship I am sure no one would have really cared plus as we know now the 2020 season was far from normal due to the early stages of the pandemic. It is not like the Reds filled the 3rd DP with a big time player that season anyways, actually signed an extremely cheap on for that matter.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS speaking of actual legit clauses, Lyon and Real Madrid had a clause on the sale of Karim (the Dream) Benzema to Real, that if he won the Ballon D'or Lyon would get 1 million euros. And he won it yesterday. And they get the money, worked out great for both clubs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes but that was written into his deal when he came in 2014 do what can you do? Also like RCBT said, if it meant a championship to have him at one more year at $6.5M it would have been worth it and in hindsight would have saved us from the Soteldo --> Salcedo ---> No cap space disaster than Curtis brought on us.