Page 131 of 174 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,930 of 5193
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Same old Juve ... always cheating!

If a suspension for Berna means that club gets everything it deserves, so be it.
    wait why would berna get a suspension?

edit saw the story now
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 01-24-2023 at 12:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More 'Juve Fallout'. The Dominoes keep fallin'. Never been a fan of theirs; I'm anti-Juventino. #$@!% Italians and their creative accounting. Now may likely affect us/TFC. Hoping that maybe it's just a bad dream.

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-24-2023 at 12:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EDIT: According to a few of the English-language papers covering it (due to Tottenham's director being invovlved) it's a ban from Italian soccer only but they're asking other leagues to honor it. The language clearly suggests it's not mandatory. I have a feeling this is going to have zero affect on Berna.
    Last edited by jloome; 01-24-2023 at 12:34 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    How can they be "suspended for a month" when moving the salary only benefited the team? Bernadeschi doesn't gain anything from it except salary he would've lost to the COVID cut, which under any normal contract arrangement, he would be paid. Juve benefits because it can skirt FIFA fair play regulations.

But players agreeing to defer a salary shouldn't be punished; that's assuming an absurd level of responsibility for the club's affairs, unless they can prove they discussed it being illegal as a dodge, in other words prove some level of collusion.

Seems like it should be a slap on the wrist at most, not as suspension.

Of course, if they did suspend him, I imagine TFC would sue the living shit out of Juve for non-disclosure that would materially affect the deal.
    See, that's the thing. Giorgio Chiellini, being the genius that he is, sent out a whatsapp message telling people not to tell the media about something regarding this. There is some level of potential collusion.

Edit for the Edit: I don't see why FIFA wouldn't let this through as a blanket ban but there is a pretty decent possibility that they don't, true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    Agree.

...'unless they can prove they discussed it being illegal as a dodge, in other words prove some level of collusion'...

That's The $64,000 Question; the details in their WhatsApp discussion thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/Beezersun/status/1617938618601074693?s=20&t=9FEgLAMRYo6P_QpiANeI-w

Finally - something to get excited about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    See, that's the thing. Giorgio Chiellini, being the genius that he is, sent out a whatsapp message telling people not to tell the media about something regarding this. There is some level of potential collusion.

Edit for the Edit: I don't see why FIFA wouldn't let this through as a blanket ban but there is a pretty decent possibility that they don't, true.
    They've already announced regarding Fabio Paratici that he'll be banned from Italian football for 30 months. They have appealed to the Premier League, not FIFA, to extend it now that he's at Tottenham. Tottenham, I presume, will turn this down.

So it sounds as if this being handled by the Italian Federation, and FIFA isn't making that call. Its regs are at stake, but it's not handling the investigation.

If they have to appeal to Tottenham to respect it, it can't be a blanket "FIFA" ban.

From the Mirror this morning: "Paratici, who joined Spurs in June 2021 after working at Juve for 11 years, has been banned from working in football in Italy for 30 months by the Italian Football Federation (FIGC). However, the FIGC are also planning to ask for that suspension to be extended across Europe, according to The Times."

So this is definitely not an all-encompassing FIFA directive. Perhaps if other leagues reject the request they'll demand FIFA step in but that's highly unlikely, as FIFA tries strenuously to avoid over-ruling domestic federations.

Also, if they only ask for ban extensions "across Europe," it won't affect Chiellini or Berna.
    Last edited by jloome; 01-24-2023 at 12:48 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They've already announced regarding Fabio Paratici that he'll be banned from Italian football for 30 months. They have appealed to the Premier League, not FIFA, to extend it now that he's at Tottenham. Tottenham, I presume, will turn this down.

So it sounds as if this being handled by the Italian Federation, and FIFA isn't making that call. Its regs are at stake, but it's not handling the investigation.

If they have to appeal to Tottenham to respect it, it can't be a blanket "FIFA" ban.

From the Mirror this morning: "Paratici, who joined Spurs in June 2021 after working at Juve for 11 years, has been banned from working in football in Italy for 30 months by the Italian Football Federation (FIGC). However, the FIGC are also planning to ask for that suspension to be extended across Europe, according to The Times."

So this is definitely not an all-encompassing FIFA directive. Perhaps if other leagues reject the request they'll demand FIFA step in but that's highly unlikely, as FIFA tries strenuously to avoid over-ruling domestic federations.
    gotcha, so we'll hear C'MON TFC CMON for a full season.

Beezer saying there's a spicy announcement gets me up though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gotcha, so we'll hear C'MON TFC CMON for a full season.

Beezer saying there's a spicy announcement gets me up though.
    I think it has to be Sean Johnson, or possibly Johnson and Sigurd Rosted.

Brondby papers this morning said that deal is still on, just working out final details. Johnson has a game for the US Nats this week, so he'll have signed somewhere by now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it has to be Sean Johnson, or possibly Johnson and Sigurd Rosted.

Brondby papers this morning said that deal is still on, just working out final details. Johnson has a game for the US Nats this week, so he'll have signed somewhere by now.
    I'd call this window a good one if we got both. Danish papers saying it's still going also encourages me, but that LB...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd call this window a good one if we got both. Danish papers saying it's still going also encourages me, but that LB...
    Given that he's playing scrimmages at camp, maybe they're going to sign the draftee, Jalen Watson.

Themi plays left back as well. Maybe they'll platoon the young players and see if one sticks.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given that he's playing scrimmages at camp, maybe they're going to sign the draftee, Jalen Watson.

Themi plays left back as well. Maybe they'll platoon the young players and see if one sticks.
    If it's ONE position, I dig it. I love the idea of having some players like Thompson in the midfield as well for depth, but we can't do what we did last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it's ONE position, I dig it. I love the idea of having some players like Thompson in the midfield as well for depth, but we can't do what we did last season.
    Yeah, Petrasso wasn't good enough to start week in and out, so it seems unlikely a kid coming out of NCAA or TFCII would be ready. But at the least they'd both give us some depth if they do okay.

Of course, I think the dream is that they announce they've bought out the last six months of Olivier Giroud's contract and he's DP no. 3 (but given his comments, it sounds like he wants to play for the Galaxy).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone who follows the CPL closely tell me how Singh did at Edmonton last year? (Yeah, I know, I live in Edmonton. But watching the CPL is like watching a livestreamer play FIFA badly).

I have to assume he's just going to get released. I just noticed that PRIOR to his disastrous appearances with us, we sent him to Brondby on loan for TWO SEASONS, and he didn't make a single first-team appearance.

So basically... we sent a youth player to train in Europe for two years? And he never played? It sounds like they a) signed him to make it look like he had more potential than he did then b) tried to flog him off as a youth purchase to a Euro club who then c) trialled him for 24 months and sent him back.

Yeesh.
    Last edited by jloome; 01-24-2023 at 01:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An announcement? Gotta think that is Jean Sohnson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the Danish papers quotes the manager of Brann saying it has "missed out" on the chance of signing Sigurd Rosted, suggesting he is a done deal elsewhere. Given that we're the only other club in the picture for his signature, we may hear his name today, too.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the Danish papers quotes the manager of Brann saying it has "missed out" on the chance of signing Sigurd Rosted, suggesting he is a done deal elsewhere. Given that we're the only other club in the picture for his signature, we may hear his name today, too.

good catch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    An announcement? Gotta think that is Jean Sohnson.
    Don't get so excited. Its to announce another behind the scenes training practice.

Secretly though - I am hoping they just drop all 3 supposed signings we got (GK, CB, LB) so we can be done with this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    good catch.
    Cheers.

Ensco is right about France; we really should be looking there. I was looking at Angers' salaries today because of the Azzadine Ounahi sweeptstakes, and that entire team is basically on less than $2M a season. In the first division.

Ounahi is on E600,000 a year! Less than most (all?) of our starting eleven. Most of his teammates are on less than E1M.

So the French league is NOT paying universally high wages, but pretty much the entire first div is above MLS level. Looks like a good place to shop.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm blocked by Beezer (don't ask) - anybody got a translation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

#TFCLive announcement coming today ….

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    A badge of honor, internet wise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow leftfield.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, didn't see that one coming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anybody have Raoul Petretta in the pool?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not gonna question it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is an out of left field signing, had not seen his name anywhere, interesting. Seems to be coming at a decent price tag with TAM being used.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

has played europa league and UCL with basel.

looks to have good pedigree even if move to turkey didnt work out.

ok now we need a GK and Cb this week!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would like to hear the story behind this one....how & what's involved in getting him out of Turkey.

Now this is interesting

3 year contract with a club option for a fourth