Page 125 of 174 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,750 of 5193
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By commands the box, I mean is in charge of it - the last guy we had like that was Irwin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    By commands the box, I mean is in charge of it - the last guy we had like that was Irwin.
    Oh yeah, good point. Neither Alex or Q ever seemed to talk much. Q did a little but he wasn't commanding attention, calling out cover issues etc. Johnson's always been pretty vocal, I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I'm going to predict, probably incorrectly, that we'll have at least three more signings before the season starts, a GK, a left back and one of either a central mid or a utility defender.

I'm going to try for optimism. It's a change of pace for me, but I find the whole, "you won't be disappointed if you set your expectations low" to in itself be disappointing advice.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    That's not a figure LeedsTFC is getting from the club; Noxx (I believe, sorry if I have the wrong person) is keeping a chart and we have around $2M in GAM left over from the past two seasons, potentially. It's all within the realm of "as far as can be ascertained," as the club says nothing.

Yep!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I'm going to predict, probably incorrectly, that we'll have at least three more signings before the season starts, a GK, a left back and one of either a central mid or a utility defender.

I'm going to try for optimism. It's a change of pace for me, but I find the whole, "you won't be disappointed if you set your expectations low" to in itself be disappointing advice.
    I’d be pretty surprised if we start the season with no left back! Also surprised if Bradley makes such a poor sporting director. He hasn’t held that role before and his right hand man, Hernandez, who seems smart, is also relatively new at this but man, how could they let so much get away.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 01-19-2023 at 10:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah, good point. Neither Alex or Q ever seemed to talk much. Q did a little but he wasn't commanding attention, calling out cover issues etc. Johnson's always been pretty vocal, I think.
    Q was vocal and arranged his defence well. His last year was a mess but I think there were off the pitch issues and things otherwise generally going south. Generally, he was quite aware - as you have to be when you’re small of stature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's Friday and niente! Nien-te must be Italian? For... nothing... news? Well, still waiting, like Spanky.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    yeah if we don't have a gk, lb and cb in place for feb 5 (second training camp), will be a huge failure.

also, akinola looks a lot slimmer in this pic.

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status...91172283891715
    So yes it's good to see Akinola is looking slim. What caught my eye is that Bernardeschi looks like he is in a pretty good sprint in the photo..which would mean his groin pull we heard about the other day hopefully isn't quite as serious. I know from having pulled it in the past a few times that you can feel fine a few days later, get out there and do some jogging and even sprinting and then one wrong move and it will pull. If they felt it was any more serious I don't think they would have him doing sprints.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    So yes it's good to see Akinola is looking slim. What caught my eye is that Bernardeschi looks like he is in a pretty good sprint in the photo..which would mean his groin pull we heard about the other day hopefully isn't quite as serious. I know from having pulled it in the past a few times that you can feel fine a few days later, get out there and do some jogging and even sprinting and then one wrong move and it will pull. If they felt it was any more serious I don't think they would have him doing sprints.
    Or they took the picture before he pulled it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they didn't say groin pull, they said some groin issues they have been monitoring and working on, likely working through and doing physio on before and after practice in order to strengthen.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did a quick stats check on NYCFC and wanted to share. Could be nothing but thought it worth checking out. So back when we won in 2017 people saying Bono was still just as bad but that our offence was so much better. So I compared, after Castellanos left the team on July 25 they played 10 more games and SJ only had 2 clean sheets from those games. So he had 12 clean sheets in 24 prior to him leaving and the offence suffering. Probably nothing but thought I would just look into it

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    I did a quick stats check on NYCFC and wanted to share. Could be nothing but thought it worth checking out. So back when we won in 2017 people saying Bono was still just as bad but that our offence was so much better. So I compared, after Castellanos left the team on July 25 they played 10 more games and SJ only had 2 clean sheets from those games. So he had 12 clean sheets in 24 prior to him leaving and the offence suffering. Probably nothing but thought I would just look into it
    i think a big thing they are looking at with SJ is leadership ability (he's been the NYCFC captain for a number of years in a perennial contender) and ability to organize a defence. of course he's got the odd error in him like every MLS gk, but on the whole we will be much better off (if it's in fact getting done).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it easy for SJ to buy insurance in case he isn’t signed before the USMNT camp? Anybody know?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it could be done, I just don’t see the value in it as the cost would be extremely high

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    it could be done, I just don’t see the value in it as the cost would be extremely high
    any inside info goodson?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the Sun. Sounds like if Brondby wants to keep Rosted because of the Colorado deal, we might get him in the summer. Beezer taking info from a Danish site and it’s not clear who knows what, if anything.

“The outlet, B.T., reports that Rosted will report to TFC sometime this month and if Toronto fails to sign Rosted in the January transfer window, they can sign a pre-contract with him and get him on a free transfer this summer. The Norwegian international has spent the last four seasons with Brondby of the Danish Superliga.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok now I'm pissed, just find someone else god damn it!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    From the Sun. Sounds like if Brondby wants to keep Rosted because of the Colorado deal, we might get him in the summer. Beezer taking info from a Danish site and it’s not clear who knows what, if anything.

“The outlet, B.T., reports that Rosted will report to TFC sometime this month and if Toronto fails to sign Rosted in the January transfer window, they can sign a pre-contract with him and get him on a free transfer this summer. The Norwegian international has spent the last four seasons with Brondby of the Danish Superliga.”
    Be shocked if this isn't part of the negotiations for him.

As in get a small fee now or lose him for free in the summer. Danish teams are not wealthy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/RobAbramowitz/st...9gJQxg5cw&s=19

SJ "still in talks with NYCFC.

Although he mentions callens is too, even though callens is on the verge of joining Girona.

Could still be in talks, or could be saving face for fanbase (I.e. we tried, he wanted too much).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there really no other GK we are after? It really seems like we've put all our eggs in the SJ basket. We have no leverage whatsoever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Is there really no other GK we are after? It really seems like we've put all our eggs in the SJ basket. We have no leverage whatsoever.
    Yeah, agreed. It would be strongly in the club’s interest at this point to leak their interest in another target.

We can’t close this window without a GK. And pardon me for saying so but SJ is a proven commodity but not exactly special.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, since it is not my money, we can always jump into the Keylor Navas sweepstakes, and rent him for the first half of the year. Doesn’t look like we are doing anything with that DP spot until summer anyways.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    So, if IIUC, Colorado has ordered from the Brondby menu a main course of Andreas Maxso while Toronto decided on a side dish of Sigurd Rosted? More despair.
    Maybe the bigger problem is Brondby just sold one of the two guys ahead of him to Colorado. So they're probably going to keep him until they have a replacement, and intent on backing out of a deal that isn't signed on the line yet, they're offering up the 'he's hobbled' excuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post

jloome... and his @#$%&! intuition!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A wild rumor will appear today. We shall manifest this into reality.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    A wild rumor will appear today. We shall manifest this into reality.
    it will be the worst monkey's paw wish that we've ever seen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    it will be the worst monkey's paw wish that we've ever seen.
    Welcome back Stefan Frei!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they abolished the allocation order!

also chris armas is joining leeds as an assistant.

just can't get rid of this damn guy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is great. About time. Now to get rid of the discovery lists.

And I am also so sorry, pal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now for the clamour to bring Seba back! Jk jk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Now for the clamour to bring Seba back! Jk jk
    Go check the comments below this post for that. The guy will be 50 and a couple people on whatever social media thing we all use will want Seba back.