Page 123 of 174 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,690 of 5193
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just read that the reason Rosted is delayed was because he picked up a goddamn knock with Broendby.

My read? Broendby's downfall this year has more to do with their manager and their team infrastructure than him.
    Last edited by Yuushalinsky; 01-19-2023 at 09:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Just read that the reason Rosted is delayed was because he picked up a goddamn knock with Broendby.

My read? Broendby's downfall this year has more to do with their manager and their team infrastructure than him.

lol - is this signing still happening?

I woke up looking for a signing and now I see the opposite lol.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    shiiit i so dont feel comfortable lol- 20 days is not too far out.

I would assume maybe apple tv- will broadcast ?
    Would be nice but I thought I heard Apple TV subscription info not coming until just before the regular season starts so if so would miss the preseason games. They may not care about preseason anyway from broadcast point of view and planning to have a big kickoff day of coverage for the first day of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Apple TV kicks off Feb 1st so it's possible that pre season games are on the service.

Interesting that Colorado is signing the captain of Brondby, Andreas Maxso, who is also a CB. Near identical resume and profile to Rosted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe Bob can work some magic and get a two for one CB deal. Understand Miha is now available. Maybe Nejc his twin is also? Lets make it an MLS 'Sedin' affair. That would make for some interesting commentary on the back-line.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t understand this argument. I blame the team 1000% if the Academy isn’t weeding out kids with problem attitudes along the way before they get anywhere near the senior team.

Youth sports is full of players, parents, hangers on, who aren’t listening to teams coaches. It’s everywhere, every team, every sport.

You should kind of have a view on this before letting a kid take the field in a senior game.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Maybe Bob can work some magic and get a two for one CB deal. Understand Miha is now available. Maybe Nejc his twin is also? Lets make it an MLS 'Sedin' affair. That would make for some interesting commentary on the back-line.
    Just an FYI - that account is a crock of bullshit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hope is that Bob now has a better fish on the line. Who knows though.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    ^Apple TV kicks off Feb 1st so it's possible that pre season games are on the service.
    Cool I thought it was later in the month. I still don't see them putting much production dollars into pre-season though but maybe we will be lucky. Or maybe just be team sites streaming a single camera....or maybe nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Just an FYI - that account is a crock of bullshit.
    Seems to be available/without contract. Did do some quick diligence before posting. So... 'to the MLS'... is then suspect? That's a shame. Think that depth/starting tandem would have been interesting. Appreciate the FYI; will note for future reference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder if this impacts Rosted coming to TFC? Atleast immediately.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    You should kind of have a view on this before letting a kid take the field in a senior game.
    Or sell them for what you can get before they get to the senior team if they think the attitude isn't right for MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really enjoy being optimistic, I truly do, but the fact that there have been absolutely no rumours linking us to U22 or Young DP players alarms me.

Did we really blow our entire DP/U22 budget on Insigne and Berna?

I hope not.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    I really enjoy being optimistic, I truly do, but the fact that there have been absolutely no rumours linking us to U22 or Young DP players alarms me.

Did we really blow our entire DP/U22 budget on Insigne and Berna?

I hope not.
    I have a feeling that they're really aiming for the free transfer market instead of doing the pre-contract stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a feeling that they're really aiming for the free transfer market instead of doing the pre-contract stuff.
    If the line we eventually hear is “we’ll get the players we need in the summer” I’m not going to at all be sympathetic. There are leagues that share our offseason and options are available in this window. If they really need to scrounge every last penny to make this work they clearly did something wrong along the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, if IIUC, Colorado has ordered from the Brondby menu a main course of Andreas Maxso while Toronto decided on a side dish of Sigurd Rosted? More despair.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I worry when the only news out is a puff piece about training... https://www.torontofc.ca/news/reds-b...s-in-san-diego . They have to have something going on, don't they?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the puff-piece, at the very least, has some intriguing info about players like Kobe. I'd like to see Kobe on the 1st team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    So, if IIUC, Colorado has ordered from the Brondby menu a main course of Andreas Maxso while Toronto decided on a side dish of Sigurd Rosted? More despair.
    Maybe the bigger problem is Brondby just sold one of the two guys ahead of him to Colorado. So they're probably going to keep him until they have a replacement, and intent on backing out of a deal that isn't signed on the line yet, they're offering up the 'he's hobbled' excuse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can only be patient for so long. Here we are heading into late January with only three players brought in (Hedges, Romero, VV). The Sean Johnson thing seems to have reached a standstill and this Rosted deal looks to have had a wrench thrown into the plans. No rumors on any DPs or u-22 guys. The only other rumors are of young guys like Nelson and JMR being sold abroad.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    We can only be patient for so long. Here we are heading into late January with only three players brought in (Hedges, Romero, VV). The Sean Johnson thing seems to have reached a standstill and this Rosted deal looks to have had a wrench thrown into the plans. No rumors on any DPs or u-22 guys. The only other rumors are of young guys like Nelson and JMR being sold abroad.
    yeah if we don't have a gk, lb and cb in place for feb 5 (second training camp), will be a huge failure.

also, akinola looks a lot slimmer in this pic.

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status...91172283891715

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    yeah if we don't have a gk, lb and cb in place for feb 5 (second training camp), will be a huge failure.

He does.

Wish we'd just use these red and white training jersey's, instead of the hoop vomit abortion teased already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    I worry when the only news out is a puff piece about training... https://www.torontofc.ca/news/reds-b...s-in-san-diego . They have to have something going on, don't they?
    I'm hoping that the keeper situation is resolved soon, but the longer this takes, the more I feel like the team narrowed in on Sean Johnson and didn't really have backup targets. That quote from Bob about Romero is eerily close to the prediction I made in early December "“Tomás is an experienced young goalkeeper,” said Bradley of the 22-year-old ..... “We didn't bring him in with the thought for sure that he's number one goalkeeper, we're still in some different discussions, but he's had enough games in MLS and some international experience that we know we can still count on him in different moments.”

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    All I'm saying is I wouldn't be shocked if we sign a 1A type keeper with Romero as a 1B as opposed to a clear cut #1 or going with a Romero-Gavran-Ranjitsingh trio because "they're looking, but not looking so hard" and getting a quote from BB in pre-season like "We looked at adding another experienced keeper, but I've known Tomas for a few years and he's a skilled young keeper who is ready for a leading role and we're comfortable with him as our starter".

As I said, I expect another keeper to be signed, but if we don't sign one, you won't find me mouth open shocked looking at the training camp roster like I was last year with all the unfilled holes, but I'm 33% expecting to see Romero as the starter on Feb 1 (I've been mentally preparing myself for that outcome).
    I still expect/hope a #1 is brought in, but I'm still 30-40% expecting Romero to be our opening day starter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt they have any incoming in cali this week.they are back in toronto a week tomorrow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I'm hoping that the keeper situation is resolved soon, but the longer this takes, the more I feel like the team narrowed in on Sean Johnson and didn't really have backup targets. That quote from Bob about Romero is eerily close to the prediction I made in early December "“Tomás is an experienced young goalkeeper,” said Bradley of the 22-year-old ..... “We didn't bring him in with the thought for sure that he's number one goalkeeper, we're still in some different discussions, but he's had enough games in MLS and some international experience that we know we can still count on him in different moments.”

I still expect/hope a #1 is brought in, but I'm still 30-40% expecting Romero to be our opening day starter.
    He's saying the opposite -- we don't intend him to be our starter -- but then hedging with "but he's experienced if we need him."

It may amount to the same thing in practical terms, but the stated intention clearly still is to buy a starter.

I have to believe they have multiple targets for all of these positions. If they don't, the incompetence runs deep.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    I doubt they have any incoming in cali this week.they are back in toronto a week tomorrow
    i mean more for the second training camp which i believe starts in early feb where they will be playing friendlies.

by their own admission they said they'd have basically the entire squad assembled by then, so if they don't they have failed by their own standards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The value of the U22 spots is the ability to pay unlimited transfer fees while not counting against the cap as long as the players salary is under the $640,000ish max non-TAM salary.

These signings should not be dependent on the signing free agents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can give Ayo a pass for being a bit pudgy coming off an ACL tear and a heart issue the previous year. Glad to see he is looking leaner as he seemed to lack the explosiveness that made him look brilliant in 2020.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He's saying the opposite -- we don't intend him to be our starter -- but then hedging with "but he's experienced if we need him."

It may amount to the same thing in practical terms, but the stated intention clearly still is to buy a starter.

I have to believe they have multiple targets for all of these positions. If they don't, the incompetence runs deep.
    Hence my original quote, which referenced that "they looked, but they're comfortable with him as a fall back" (especially since he's a former Bob player). I look at it like this, we're getting multiple puff pieces on Romero throughout camp. Quotes from Bradley saying he's got experience, the full Neil Davidson article focused on Romero. To me, it's like they're slowly preparing us for possibility of Romero being the starter if Johnson doesn't sign.
    It went from "we brought him in without the expectation to be the starter", we're now at "We're having discussions, but we know we can count on him". To me, it seems like its slowly preparing us for the possibility that he might end being the starter. I still expect/hope for SJ or similar, but won't be shocked if it winds up being Romero. They couldn't say he's a potential starter when they claimed him, but I feel like they had that view and maybe he was choice 3 or 4 on their list after SJ as #1, and the plan was to slowly pump him up in case SJ didn't work out.
    Last edited by rydermike; 01-19-2023 at 05:20 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Havn't done anything in a week...

Mind you the whole league has only 10 transactions since the 12th.