would be an incredible pickup.

i pray
    Yeah agreed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Think Auro was part of the purge. Why else would you pay good MLS salary cap money to have your only starting backs (him and Lawrence) play for other clubs?
    I still don’t understand purging Auro and picking up his option last year. Maybe he has a chance to return and was sitting on a time out?

Regardless, I like him and feel he can play a role.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I still don’t understand purging Auro and picking up his option last year. Maybe he has a chance to return and was sitting on a time out?

Regardless, I like him and feel he can play a role.
    we'll see soon.

either that or we think we can get a transfer fee for him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No thanks on Auro

Often out of position when being attacked in transition, slows the game down to a crawl everytime he takes a throw in & prefers the sideways pass. Has no interest in running to the by line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Yeah agreed.
    Is he a free agent? He's been in NY five years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    No thanks on Auro

Often out of position when being attacked in transition, slows the game down to a crawl everytime he takes a throw in & prefers the sideways pass. Has no interest in running to the by line.
    I completely agree with this assessment , would like to add that he wasn't like this when he first arrived.

He did push the ball up the field initially when he arrived

He did pick up stopping the ball and standing still to find a pass which I didn't see from him earlier, he also almost always deferred to a certain player . I believe this was all coached or influenced onto him - he was 22 when he arrived and is impressionable- also explains the hoopla with soteldo or Salcedo i don't recall anymore .

I really feel tfc should give him an opportunity.

My most memorable play from him was in the champions league game - not sure if he replaced someone who was injured- but he basically slid to save ball from being a corner stands up and did the mutumbo finger wave.

Can't remember if it was home or away- but I do recall it being a key moment in a crucial time of the game .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Is he a free agent? He's been in NY five years.
    Yep. Both Callens and Long might be max TAM deal signings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    He did push the ball up the field initially when he arrived

He did pick up stopping the ball and standing still to find a pass which I didn't see from him earlier, he also almost always deferred to a certain player . I believe this was all coached or influenced onto him - he was 22 when he arrived and is impressionable
    This belongs in the Michael Bradley Tin Foil Hat Thread

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What exactly is the rule with having a third DP, is there a salary restriction in place? I was looking back at when the Reds signed Pablo Piatti it mentioned something about the third DP if over the age of 23 being restricted to the max TAM salary, is that really a thing? What is the status of TAM?

Toronto FC signs Argentina's Pablo Piatti as final designated player | CBC Sports

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    What exactly is the rule with having a third DP, is there a salary restriction in place? I was looking back at when the Reds signed Pablo Piatti it mentioned something about the third DP if over the age of 23 being restricted to the max TAM salary, is that really a thing? What is the status of TAM?

Toronto FC signs Argentina's Pablo Piatti as final designated player | CBC Sports
    Apparently new salary rules coming in 2023 so that ridiculousness can be forgotten.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    annoyed i deleted that thread. already could be filling up lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep. Both Callens and Long might be max TAM deal signings.
    neither would be, both entering free agency so the most we can offer them is a 15% raise.

most each would cost us is 936 for callens and around Long around 1.24 M (if we get them).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    annoyed i deleted that thread. already could be filling up lol

Cmon guys grow up now. I can't speak about another player and what I see ?

I'm sure there's more than one person can see what I saw....you can't take it personal if someone doesn't agree with your view points !!

I didn't mention any name and tried to be respectful as possible .

Whats up guys?
    I'd like to be able to speak without having to have yall keep replying. I already asked u to block or mute me if my comments bother you that much.

For real guys cmon on now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Cmon guys grow up now. I can't speak about another player and what I see ?

I'm sure there's more than one person can see what I saw....you can't take it personal if someone doesn't agree with your view points !!

I didn't mention any name and tried to be respectful as possible .

Whats up guys?
    I'd like to be able to speak without having to have yall keep replying. I already asked u to block or mute me if my comments bother you that much.

For real guys cmon on now.
    it's all in jest! no worries man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Signing Luke Singh to a 4 year home grown deal is fine. It's for basically the minimum and doesn't hit the salary budget. You can loan him to a CPL team and have them take on half the salary. He had a few games of good run and was going to be signed to a first team contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post

There was talk with the last CBA that they would limit the 3rd DP to be max TAM. That didn't end up happening. Instead, if your third DP is max TAM or less, you can sign three U22 players (what Ayo is). Teams that sign a third DP over max TAM are limited to one U22 player. Piatti was apparently on ~$2.7m.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

neither would be, both entering free agency so the most we can offer them is a 15% raise.

most each would cost us is 936 for callens and around Long around 1.24 M (if we get them).
    Not for us but if they re-sign with their clubs.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nycfc have sean johnson, callens and tinnerholm all out of contract and all likely wanting raises.

Unlikely they'll be able to do all 3.

If we could get callens or Johnson it'd be great business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nycfc have sean johnson, callens and tinnerholm all out of contract and all likely wanting raises.

Unlikely they'll be able to do all 3.

If we could get callens or Johnson it'd be great business.
    Would definitely be good for Sean Johnson. Probably embarrassed more by TFC over the years than any other team!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Larin isn't even getting in the Brugge squad.

Would be a good signing imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Larin isn't even getting in the Brugge squad.

Would be a good signing imo.
    He's not going to lead the locker room, but could certainly score 15-20 goals. But he's done well enough in spots in Turkey that I imagine he'll stay over there as long as he can.

I wonder if the kids the generation below him, our current youth set, got their heads spun around by beating Juventus in that u17 international tournament. They bought their own hype and didn't realize how much more work was required to step up at the adult level, then had Ali Curtis telling them how great they were.

I was looking at Noble's wikipedia page and it quotes Vanney lavishing praise on him as well. But he hasn't grown as a player in the five years since.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's not going to lead the locker room, but could certainly score 15-20 goals. But he's done well enough in spots in Turkey that I imagine he'll stay over there as long as he can.

I wonder if the kids the generation below him, our current youth set, got their heads spun around by beating Juventus in that u17 international tournament. They bought their own hype and didn't realize how much more work was required to step up at the adult level, then had Ali Curtis telling them how great they were.

I was looking at Noble's wikipedia page and it quotes Vanney lavishing praise on him as well. But he hasn't grown as a player in the five years since.
    Here’s my lazy and low-brow observation: Academy kid walks on the field for Phily or RBNY, he’s hungry as hell and fighting for his professional life from day 1.

TFCA player walks on field for first time, looks skilled but clueless about how their talents translate to the professional game. Doesn’t hustle, already believes they’ve “made it” and people will recognize their talent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m rarely deeply impressed by our youth but Okello seemed special. Technically, with that height and poise. And he made the Gold Cup roster at 18 so it mustn’t have only been us. I remember he was also praised in Denmark… and wasn’t it Frankfurt with a 6 figure transfer fee who we turned down early on as well? Okello is really a mystery. He looks less lately than at 18.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 10-15-2022 at 12:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and wasn’t it Frankfurt with a 6 figure transfer fee who we turned down early on as well? .
    I'd forgotten that. He looked such a player at that point.

Maybe they turned down others and he got soured by them not letting him move? I dunno. He just didn't show anything the last two seasons. BEfore that, under Vanney, he looked motivated. But he was one of the few youth who did. Ayo seemed better under Vanney, too. Jayden worked hard back then as well but was TRULY chicken-nowt-head about it.

I still think, watching Frankie Amaya drive people nuts for Cincy, that Nelson would make a great DM. He's one of the fastest players in the league and can close things down very quickly, he can get out of trouble with the ball at his feet, but his offensive skillset is pretty mediocre.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd forgotten that. He looked such a player at that point.

Maybe they turned down others and he got soured by them not letting him move? I dunno. He just didn't show anything the last two seasons. BEfore that, under Vanney, he looked motivated. But he was one of the few youth who did. Ayo seemed better under Vanney, too. Jayden worked hard back then as well but was TRULY chicken-nowt-head about it.

I still think, watching Frankie Amaya drive people nuts for Cincy, that Nelson would make a great DM. He's one of the fastest players in the league and can close things down very quickly, he can get out of trouble with the ball at his feet, but his offensive skillset is pretty mediocre.
    Vanney certainly could have played the youth more often esp when the stakes weren’t high but I feel those who he did play looked more motivated. And Vanney is more in line with world professional standards in this respect. He gave very promising guys minutes and if they looked out of their element they didn’t play (We however, unlike world football, have often lacked appropriate places internally, or the loans, for them to play if they’re not getting minutes with the first team.) Nelson worked hard for Vanney and looked totally not ready.

Seems we went the other way hard playing everyone, and overall, with little chance of everyone’s success. I think that the only time Vanney did that was in Panama for a first concacaf match and predictably, we were hammered badly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/MLSTransfers/sta...47255558078464

would be shocked is we weren't interested in him.
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 10-15-2022 at 01:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting Long or Callens should be a top priority in the offseason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's Long getting beat in a straight easy foot race... I'm definitley on the ship of signing Long or Callens, but each of them might leave a bit to be desired on the speed front.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An additional 2 million in GAM incoming?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW career trajectory ain’t looking so hot. I remember him being so good at 17.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caden Clark was only on loan. He’s on the books of Salzburg or Leipzig.