Page 118 of 174 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,540 of 5193
  1. #3511
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,903
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    This probably isn’t out of the realm of being possible. Forgot we already traded our 2nd spot in the allocation order when we moved up to being back Richie so that’s a potential hindrance. Appears we are now 11th. I’d be happy if we landed Larin.
    It resets every season based on standings. That was last season. We're 2nd or 3rd now (depending on if StLouis get the top spot as an expansion team)

    The MLS Allocation order page hasn't been updated since June 2022.
    Last year we started second, traded that spot to Red Bulls for the 14th spot, eventually moved up to 11th (when other teams used their spots on players), then acquired the 1st spot, used it on Richie and went to the bottom of the list. But now it resets so we're back to the top.
    Last edited by rydermike; 01-15-2023 at 07:45 PM.

  2. #3512
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 111 Row 8
    Posts
    9,069
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought it only updates at end of season for revised player lists and insert expansion club to top if applicable. Otherwise the order remains the same. Only execution or trade will update the order.
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

    TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

  3. #3513
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,903
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It resets every year to give the worst team in the league priority:

    https://www.mlssoccer.com/about/rost...nd-regulations

  4. #3514
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,607
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Apparently he is only earning $800,000 euros per season in Belgium... He should come home.
    Supposedly going to Cádiz.

  5. #3515
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 111 Row 8
    Posts
    9,069
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thank you Rydermike!
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

    TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

  6. #3516
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    17,315
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Supposedly going to Cádiz.
    I see these rumours but that seems weird to me. It's strange for a guy to go from DNP in a league like the Belgian league, to a team in La Liga.

    Much more typical for a relegation-challenged La Liga team to shop elsewhere in La Liga, or in Serie A…
    Last edited by ensco; 01-15-2023 at 10:48 PM.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

  7. #3517
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,607
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I see these rumours but that seems weird to me. It's strange for a guy to go from DNP in a league like the Belgian league, to a team in La Liga.

    Much more typical for a relegation-challenged La Liga team to shop elsewhere in La Liga, or in Serie A…
    It’s a bit of an odd one but an appearance in world football’s biggest shop window might be worth something here. And wasn’t he rumoured to have Spanish interest previously? (Or maybe I’ve got that part wrong.) I think l he’d likely do well in that league given a decent chance.

  8. #3518
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    3,507
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Reports that the Alexander Callens FA Piece may be off any MLS club board. This tweet's translation... 'The defender Alexander Callens would be a new REINFORCEMENT of Boca, in the next few hours he would arrive in Buenos Aires for the medical examination and subsequent signing of the link, he will arrive at the club as a free player. He had very superior offers to continue in the MLS'.

    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-16-2023 at 05:50 AM.

  9. #3519
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Barrie
    Posts
    1,034
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^A refreshing reminder that it’s not always about the money. Good for him. Quite the upgrade moving from a baseball field to La Bombonera.

    Hopefully the SJ sweepstakes come to a close soon as well. The more I think about it, the more I wonder how hard it is going to be for SJ to leave NYCFC. I don’t follow them closely enough to say definitively that he’s a fan favourite or a club legend, but he certainly has the credentials, at least by MLS standards. >200 apps for the club and an MLS Cup to boot. On a human level I can appreciate how difficult that may be to wave goodbye to.


    We shall see.

  10. #3520
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    116
    Posts
    22,237
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sean Johnson played almost as many games for the Fire before he was traded.

  11. #3521
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    17,315
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    One of the best twitter feeds in world football is this one



    Here they show Taki Minamino… a snippet of him yesterday “realizing” he cannot even make the field at Monaco when they lead 6-1.

    Now I have no idea if Minamino would consider MLS, but this would be a damn fine player between the Italians… he would be a DP for sure…
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

  12. #3522
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    3,507
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^Agree; do enjoy that feed lots. Taki not making the field with such a commanding lead is strange; something up? Had an interesting record at FC RB Salzburg. Seems he may need to find his mojo/path again; at MLS. IIRC, performed well at WC22 for Japan.

  13. #3523
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    3,507
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    According to this post, the indication seems that Cyle Larin may want the move; unhappy?

    Translation... 'They will find a way out. Cyle Larin has everything given to leave Club Bruges, according to the newspaper Het Nieuwsblad. The lack of minutes + the little interest of the new coaching staff, the reasons'.



    Twitter chatter of him moving, Cadiz, etc., as of about two weeks ago; hope TFC at least kicked the tires.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-16-2023 at 09:13 AM.

  14. #3524
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    6,124
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes. Does indeed seem like Larin is heading to Cadiz.


  15. #3525
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    ^A refreshing reminder that it’s not always about the money. Good for him. Quite the upgrade moving from a baseball field to La Bombonera.

    Hopefully the SJ sweepstakes come to a close soon as well. The more I think about it, the more I wonder how hard it is going to be for SJ to leave NYCFC. I don’t follow them closely enough to say definitively that he’s a fan favourite or a club legend, but he certainly has the credentials, at least by MLS standards. >200 apps for the club and an MLS Cup to boot. On a human level I can appreciate how difficult that may be to wave goodbye to.


    We shall see.
    The fact that NYCFC sold/traded off almost their entire cup winning team this off-season may come into play for him. They're on a total rebuild now. Who knows if he figures into it.

  16. #3526
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    17,315
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    ^Agree; do enjoy that feed lots. Taki not making the field with such a commanding lead is strange; something up? Had an interesting record at FC RB Salzburg. Seems he may need to find his mojo/path again; at MLS. IIRC, performed well at WC22 for Japan.
    I saw him at close quarters twice, and noticed him, which is why that tweet caught my eye...

    1) Canada: Minamino had good possession but was not ultimately a factor against Canada. Hutchinson and Eustaquio handled him. I was watching that constantly, they were man marking him, obviously marking him the way they intended to mark KDB.

    2) Germany: He did not start against Germany... but his substitution into that game was critical, he was massive part of the Japan turnaround in that game.

    That's the end of my scouting report on him. I am sure some Liverpool fans could chime in...
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

  17. #3527
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Bringing in one only one more player would be highly unlikely. We haven’t a starting keeper or a left back of any kind, and we need another starting centre half, and someone to back up Micheal at the very minimum. Personally I think, beyond those 4 singings, how we add depth now and in the summer will probably go a long way to determining this season.

    Bob did win the shield not long ago so I don’t think he’s an idiot. I do think he’s been given carte blanche with time, tearing down the roster and remaking it … and that’s been frustrating to watch and also inexplicable to many in the current football world where the manager (including Bob himself in the Premier League) is gone if they don’t deliver after two or three weeks. That’s not at all been the situation here.

    League expansion and politics have nothing much to do issues of whether our FO knows what they’re doing or not.
    Time isn’t on Bob’s side nor the teams. We needed to fill in the missing pieces this window, and maybe polish it off by the summer. I know we have LI for 4 years, but he’s 32 this year. Thankfully FB is in his prime but we can’t afford to waste an offseason with bare minimal signings. We should at the very least be in the top 6 for 2023 and right now it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen. If the FO put all their eggs into one basket hoping to sign a few good players, but they were tunnel vision focused and it’s falling apart, then let bygones be bygones and bring Poz back; sign SB back to the minimum as a bench striker, and just get the best GK we can for the moment. As Feb looms closer its getting concerning the lack of moves, which makes me think they spent way too much time focused on a few key players they now realize won’t happen. There is a ton of talent out there, and this off season was/IS important to maximize the time we have with LI & FB.
    Last edited by dave343; 01-16-2023 at 11:22 AM.

  18. #3528
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,194
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Normally, I am the first on the "lol. Lazy scouting" train. But if we can convince Larin to come back as a cheap 3rd DP and open up those two u-22 spots, I am absolutely down. If you are giving him 3 million and not opening up those spots, I would definitely question it.

    at this point I'd pray for lazy scouting- does management have blinders on? did TFC spend all their cap money ?

    nothing makes sense.

    And yes I blame management for causing the rift in this thread- all they had to do was a leak a rumour or two and sign 5 to 7 players.

  19. #3529
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,607
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave343 View Post
    Time isn’t on Bob’s side nor the teams. We needed to fill in the missing pieces this window, and maybe polish it off by the summer. I know we have LI for 4 years, but he’s 32 this year. Thankfully FB is in his prime but we can’t afford to waste an offseason with bare minimal signings. We should at the very least be in the top 6 for 2023 and right now it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen. If the FO put all their eggs into one basket hoping to sign a few good players, but they were tunnel vision focused and it’s falling apart, then let bygones be bygones and bring Poz back; sign SB back to the minimum as a bench striker, and just get the best GK we can for the moment. As Feb looms closer its getting concerning the lack of moves, which makes me think they spent way too much time focused on a few key players they now realize won’t happen. There is a ton of talent out there, and this off season was/IS important to maximize the time we have with LI & FB.
    I was referring to last season. He had carte blanche to tear down with immunity. I wasn’t suggesting he will been given a few seasons to become respectable, just that he didn’t have to worry about his job(s) last season. And I do think he has the steadfast support of upper management. Which is the way it should be. No point in hiring a manager/sporting director and showing him the door straight away during a rebuild.

    We’ve got plenty of ‘win now” players, several guys (and counting) in their late 20s and 30 and over. Nobody, including Bradley, has suggested the intention isn’t to win now. Winning it all this season, I don’t think so, but being genuinely good. It would have to be considered a major failure if we weren’t good this season.

  20. #3530
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    116
    Posts
    22,237
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Rumour leaks are not worth it for a team.

    BTW, based on the transfer tracker for the league https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/2023-mls-transactions


    TFC are average for amount brought in & higher then average for the out - we pretty much match LAFC & NYCFC.

  21. #3531
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    15,522
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    At this point, I just want to see what our roster is opening day and how it does.

    I hope our management team realizes a that signing “a starting keeper” is more important waiting around for Sean Johnson. If we started the season without a good solution in that spot I’d be pretty miffed.

  22. #3532
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,607
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Rumour leaks are not worth it for a team.

    BTW, based on the transfer tracker for the league https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/2023-mls-transactions


    TFC are average for amount brought in & higher then average for the out - we pretty much match LAFC & NYCFC.
    If there is a worry it’s that we’re average for the “in” and above average for the “out”. And I think we must easily top the league in “out” from the time Bradley arrived one year ago.

    Rationally and calming speaking, we have seen more tearing down from BB than anything and especially if the interest in the Italians predates Bob and has much to do with Manning and his flashy spend. This is Bradley’s first Sporting Director role and so far he hasn’t shown very much in the building part. I’m expecting the next 6 weeks to be telling. And hoping for some reach and creativity in that role.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 01-16-2023 at 12:11 PM.

  23. #3533
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    7,897
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    At this point, I just want to see what our roster is opening day and how it does.

    I hope our management team realizes a that signing “a starting keeper” is more important waiting around for Sean Johnson. If we started the season without a good solution in that spot I’d be pretty miffed.
    I'm sure up until a few days after him sitting courtside at the Raptors he was priority #1 and the sole option at GK.

    I bet over the past week there are some contacts being made for a few GKs.

    That being said, I think SJ is okay but if he chose Belgium I wouldn't be upset about it. I've followed him a long time and always thought he was mostly okay with some random bonering here and there but still more often than you'd like for a higher paid, veteran GK. With some scouting abroad I am positive you could get just as good or better for less.

  24. #3534
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    7,897
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    If there is a worry it’s that we’re average for the “in” and above average for the “out”. And I think we must easily top the league in “out” from the time Bradley arrived one year ago.
    Montreal & NYCFC have us beat in this category as most of our "outs" either weren't very important or should have been gone long ago. Theirs were current key contributors. Thankfully we didn't have that kind of exodus.

  25. #3535
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,194
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    If there is a worry it’s that we’re average for the “in” and above average for the “out”. And I think we must easily top the league in “out” from the time Bradley arrived one year ago.

    Rationally and calming speaking, we have seen more tearing down from BB than anything and especially if the interest in the Italians predates Bob and has much to do with Manning and his flashy spend. This is Bradley’s first Sporting Director role and so far he hasn’t shown very much in the building part. I’m expecting the next 6 weeks to be telling. And hoping for some reach and creativity in that role.
    id rather have signings sooner then later- because I dont want to hear the excuse the team has no chemistry will need 6 weeks into the season to build - instead of using the time now to build and implement philosophies.

  26. #3536
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    116
    Posts
    22,237
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    id rather have signings sooner then later- because I dont want to hear the excuse the team has no chemistry will need 6 weeks into the season to build - instead of using the time now to build and implement philosophies.

  27. #3537
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,607
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Montreal & NYCFC have us beat in this category as most of our "outs" either weren't very important or should have been gone long ago. Theirs were current key contributors. Thankfully we didn't have that kind of exodus.
    I think we had 21 guys out last season. Not as many this season, of course.

    NYCFC has the most extensive scouting system and several other rosters to draw from (that NY team has the best record in the league since 2016). And Montreal has made some big sales (and frankly, Saputo is a moron who can be trusted only to fuck things up continually). So not sure that either of those teams are a good comparison.

    We failed miserably with Armas and now have a sporting director new to that role and with serious coaching duties. NYCFC certainly know what they’re doing and why, and Montreal is a live wire. We are not quite sure what we are/what we have yet.

    I’m thinking of Bradley’s tenure and what’s precisely happening. Too early to know for certain.

  28. #3538
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    I was referring to last season. He had carte blanche to tear down with immunity. I wasn’t suggesting he will been given a few seasons to become respectable, just that he didn’t have to worry about his job(s) last season. And I do think he has the steadfast support of upper management. Which is the way it should be. No point in hiring a manager/sporting director and showing him the door straight away during a rebuild.

    We’ve got plenty of ‘win now” players, several guys (and counting) in their late 20s and 30 and over. Nobody, including Bradley, has suggested the intention isn’t to win now. Winning it all this season, I don’t think so, but being genuinely good. It would have to be considered a major failure if we weren’t good this season.
    Agree with all of this,I expect this team to be good, Bob and MLSE are not imbeciles they must know that if things go pear shaped this season fans will respond by staying home the way they did at the end of the 2021 season, Simply put this is do or die for this organization this year.

  29. #3539
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    3,507
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Uuuhhh? Transfers… Europe… Doesn’t current window close 31JAN23 for many/most of those leagues? Urgency? For instance, any Plan B for GK?

  30. #3540
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North York ON
    Posts
    1,207
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Uuuhhh? Transfers… Europe… Doesn’t current window close 31JAN23 for many/most of those leagues? Urgency? For instance, any Plan B for GK?
    Window impacts players in not players out. Though, naturally, a team will be less inclined to sell somebody when they can't replace them so this does matter but teams can sell after the window shuts

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •