Page 110 of 174 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,300 of 5193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somehow that pic of BB in an OVO hoodie and smiling is just wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    "CF Montreal is entertaining offers for Canadian international center back Kamal Miller, a source said. The club is looking for — what else? — allocation money."
    via
    @KristianRDyer

would tfc be interested and how would you pay for him.that is a question for the night owls
    Seems we have our CB in the bag for better or worse (and I think that is still to be determined). But ways of increasing GAM? Sell Akinola and one or both of the two hot kids, I suppose, are the obvious means.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    Somehow that pic of BB in an OVO hoodie and smiling is just wrong.
    A chuckle to begin my day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Seems we have our CB in the bag for better or worse (and I think that is still to be determined). But ways of increasing GAM? Sell Akinola and one or both of the two hot kids, I suppose, are the obvious means.
    Likely the guy.
    Although, there have been thoughts mentioned that that CB may be more a depth move than a starter.
    I do not know; no clue.
    If that is a/the way to GAM, agree.
    I suppose the debate would be to use it on KM or for someone else?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have admired Montreal for what they did the last couple of years (competitive team while axquiring great assets that they are sellng on smartly)… but this level of turnover is nuts.

Also, hell yes.

Kamal could anchor Canada and another MLS team's defence for the next 10 years… he makes $345K and I am guessing it would take $750K in GAM. (Romney was $500K in GAM split over two years).

I would do it in a flash. You'd have to move O'Neill I think, that's fine.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re Johnson, I think he may take it to Jan 31, just to see what might happen in Europe. He obvious has at least two teams interested in MLS at around the same money, that is his backstop. Although once one of TFC or NYCFC sign a keeper, he will have to rethink.

There are a lot of American keepers in Europe, in that position he doesn’t face the same stigma field players from here do. He probably thinks he is one injury somewhere away from getting a call.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I have admired Montreal for what they did the last couple of years (competitive team while axquiring great assets that they are sellng on smartly)… but this level of turnover is nuts.

Also, hell yes.

Kamal could anchor Canada and another MLS team's defence for the next 10 years… he makes $345K and I am guessing it would take $750K in GAM. (Romney was $500K in GAM split over two years).

I would do it in a flash. You'd have to move O'Neill I think, that's fine.
    I think you make this deal if it’s available to you, especially if the GAM is in the ballpark of what you’ve laid out. The catch being that’s a huge IF given the trade partner.

I’d sleep better at night with Hedges, Rosted,Kamal and MacN on the CB depth chart.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    I think you make this deal if it’s available to you, especially if the GAM is in the ballpark of what you’ve laid out. The catch being that’s a huge IF given the trade partner.

I’d sleep better at night with Hedges, Rosted,Kamal and MacN on the CB depth chart.
    I'm seeing like $1M GAM and stuff - I don't think we have it unless we move a Nelson or JMR. Even then, that's a LOT of GAM (that we may not have necessarily been using, mind you).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    I'm seeing like $1M GAM and stuff - I don't think we have it unless we move a Nelson or JMR. Even then, that's a LOT of GAM (that we may not have necessarily been using, mind you).
    Also might have to consider that the league may wipe out allocation money for intra league deals this summer so the need of stockpiling it might be less than previous years.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair - the player is fantastic, I just think the price for us gets higher than what he'd go for otherwise simply because the optics of the Foot trading to us is so fucking awful for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    A few of us may be antsy about Sean Johnson's arrival.
    I hope/expect it should happen. And sooner rather than later.
    I realize time is of the essence given the start of training camp.
    Still, we should take some comfort in this knowledge...
    This deal may need time; it's a process that must run it's course.
    Remember, Matt Hedges was photographed at a TML's game on 21NOV22.
    His TFC announcement happened 20DEC22.
    About a month had transpired.
    So, SJ was at the Raptors 08JAN23 game...
    Theoretically, he could ideally be signed/announced sometime before, and at the latest, 07FEB23?

Dude, I love your enthusiasm for posting... but is there any chance you could stop posting in single sentences with a paragraph break after every one?

It makes it very hard to read. I have ADHD, so maybe it's just me.

But people like to be able to continue a sentence on the same line occasionally. Having to skip line to line to line with every thought is such an unnatural way of reading that I often just skip over them now... which is disrespectful but sort of unavoidable because of the formatting.

Just a suggestion, don't mean to offend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re Johnson, I think he may take it to Jan 31, just to see what might happen in Europe. He obvious has at least two teams interested in MLS at around the same money, that is his backstop. Although once one of TFC or NYCFC sign a keeper, he will have to rethink.

There are a lot of American keepers in Europe, in that position he doesn’t face the same stigma field players from here do. He probably thinks he is one injury somewhere away from getting a call.
    I don't think he'll get any offers from Europe that interest him.

Pay is insufficient there to his level. He won't, at 33, get a starting job offer at a higher level. He's just not good enough. He's very good in MLS because he's aces at stopping rebounds and second chances. But he can't control the box to save his life and has one of the lowest percentages for handling crosses in the league. His pure save percentage numbers are typically mediocre.

He's not a well-rounded keeper, but he's good because of how MLS games play out, basically. People aren't knocking down Forest's door to buy Ethan Horvath (on loan at Luton) even though his contract expires this year, he's a significantly better keeper than Johnson and already performing well in the Championship. And he's only on 800,000 pounds a year. If they don't want him at that level or above, they're not coming in for Johnson.

At a more tactically disciplined league, his lack of strength and command of the box would kill him. So he won't get offered as much money there, by anyone.

People may not have noticed it, but MLS is very competitive financially now with all leagues except the top half dozen. Even then, there are lower-level players -- backups, rotational players -- that are paid the same or less than MLS players.

The stigma thing is pretty much limited to coaching now. If the player does well, they love him (Adams is pretty much Leeds' fan favorite right now). If he doesn't, it's usually not because he's American anymore but because he's glass (Dike) or too small (Aaronson) or whatever else moan fits the appearance of the day. Attitudes there have changed pretty rapidly in the last few years about the players; not coaches, though. When he's beating Chelsea and Liverpool, Marsch is 'riding his luck'; when they lose to Villa, he's an American who doesn't know what he's doing.

EDIT: I'd add the Canadian stigma is also over, player wise. Lots of fans in England for Tajon Buchanan and Jonathan Davies, lots want them brought to the Prem toute suite.
    Last edited by jloome; 01-12-2023 at 11:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was Miller greatly improved this year in MLS? I didn't watch Montreal enough to get a sense. The few times I have watched them, I've been generally unimpressed. He had good moments and bad.

I think we get excited by Canadian nats, but sometimes too much so. Last year, a few people were suggesting bringing in Steven Vitoria, even though the style of play in MLS had already completely exposed his lack of pace when he was with Philly. He was terrible in MLS.

I don't think Miller's terrible but I got no sense he was a lock-down defender. His strength to me was his flexibility. He's a fullback naturally, I think. Could be wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So.... anyone got any clue what the fuck they're doing with the Left Back position?

We traded Petrasso, who was young and inexperienced but also not awful. I have to assume, since we haven't announced a signing or even had a LB rumour, that they did that expecting Criscito to stay.

Then he left.

Suddenly, getting rid of the young developing player (albeit one I'm not sure will make a long-term dent) doesn't seem very smart. I still don't feel particularly good about Shaffelburg, who will do well in in Nashville. But Petrasso, if they have nothing lined up, seems very short-sighted.

I guess sometimes you have to take the money when it's offered... but I suspect they could've sat on that offer until we were at least in training camp. Criscito ain't young.

Miller was a left-sided fullback before he was a centre back... Again, not sure if he's the best we could do but I don't know enough about how much he improved last year. Apparently a lot, from the discussion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Was Miller greatly improved this year in MLS? I didn't watch Montreal enough to get a sense. The few times I have watched them, I've been generally unimpressed. He had good moments and bad.

I think we get excited by Canadian nats, but sometimes too much so. Last year, a few people were suggesting bringing in Steven Vitoria, even though the style of play in MLS had already completely exposed his lack of pace when he was with Philly. He was terrible in MLS.

I don't think Miller's terrible but I got no sense he was a lock-down defender. His strength to me was his flexibility. He's a fullback naturally, I think. Could be wrong.
    To me the whole benefit of Miller is as LB in a back 3 because he is annoyingly good at progressing the ball. It’s like some sort of magic trick where every defender freezes and he casually walks from the half way line into the 18 yard box at glacial speed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    So.... anyone got any clue what the fuck they're doing with the Left Back position?

I thought that was the Norwegian dude

&

I think BB checked the LB position as something they were looking at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can Rosted play the right hand side of a back three?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    A few of us may be antsy about Sean Johnson's arrival.
    I hope/expect it should happen. And sooner rather than later.
    I realize time is of the essence given the start of training camp.
    Still, we should take some comfort in this knowledge...
    This deal may need time; it's a process that must run it's course.
    Remember, Matt Hedges was photographed at a TML's game on 21NOV22.
    His TFC announcement happened 20DEC22.
    About a month had transpired.
    So, SJ was at the Raptors 08JAN23 game...
    Theoretically, he could ideally be signed/announced sometime before, and at the latest, 07FEB23?

How tall is Hedges? he is towering over mannnig and bb...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can Rosted play the right hand side of a back three?
    iirc he doesn't have a preference on side as long as he's not on the wing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will freely admit that my opinion of Miller comes from CMNT play. Although I was certainly annoyed when he looked good against us. I have to admit I never noticed him at Orlando, and he was not a Canada first choice starter back then.

His positional strength, passing, tackling and IQ are world class. His biggest vulnerability is pace, and I am sure this is why he isn’t going toEurope. He is not fast, and is only 25.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Damn, that’s a pretty good piece for whoever picks it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Damn, that’s a pretty good piece for whoever picks it up.

Could this be the trade for JMR/Nelson that was rumored for 2.2

Would this make any sense ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will freely admit that my opinion of Miller comes from CMNT play. Although I was certainly annoyed when he looked good against us. I have to admit I never noticed him at Orlando, and he was not a Canada first choice starter back then.

His positional strength, passing, tackling and IQ are world class. His biggest vulnerability is pace, and I am sure this is why he isn’t going toEurope. He is not fast, and is only 25.

I dont mind Miller- solid player pace Is questionable

4th goal against Canada had me scratching my head- that was ugly defending

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post

4th goal against Canada had me scratching my head- that was ugly defending
    Not worth analyzing, they were throwing everyone forward. You saw it happen in the England-Iran and Spain-Costa Rica and Portugal-Switzerland games also, goals caused by teams chasing game and abandoning shape

He was definitely exposed on the Japan goal, and maybe also on the Belgium goal (although I blame Borjan for that one, he should have been out)
    Last edited by ensco; 01-12-2023 at 03:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Left in the dust on the third Croatia goal as well as Kramaric had all the time in the world, to receive the Perisic cross and then turn and put it away...though Vitoria was pretty bad all that game as well so he had to do a lot to try and help him out...and Perisic took Johnston to school a number of times....none of the defenders bar Lareya looked okay and even Lareya got left in the dust on the goal that got called back...Hutchinson though overall had a nightmare in that one...should have been taken off. I don't recall, did Kaye get on in that game late? Oso looked good when he came on....

if i remember correctly- oso almost hit a banger -finness shot- almost top left so close.

also think cavallani was close to scoring that game.

the 4th goal- i at least expected miller to tackle one of the two croatian players to prevent a 2-0 on vs borjan lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LAFC signed another keeper. Would ya take Crepeau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djking2 View Post
    LAFC signed another keeper. Would ya take Crepeau
    The guy they signed is top level but a long-time backup and 38. He's there to fill in until Crepeau gets back, but that's not expected for another six months or something.

Basically they need someone experienced and talented, and he's at an age and career arc where he won't mind only getting six months in the top job.

I don't think Crepeau will be up for sale. Would be nice , though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This came out of no where...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

32, but probably be quite a cheap deal for a known commodity who has worked with bob before (with a lot of success).

between him and jiminez we have two different looks upfront, too.

big upgrade on ayo (who im fairly certain is being trade now).