Page 106 of 174 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,180 of 5193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok you have said your pieces.
    It's late.
    Let's now try de-escalating gentlepeople.
    'Deranged'? A bit harsh/personal?
    Everyone has their topic tangents, moments of tunnel thought; I sure have been told I am guilty of such.
    Understand the concern previously and recently mentioned about such posts by some; it may be tiresome.
    I also understand the ongoing roster frustration being regularly expressed by others; many SSHs.
    I have it; though it is being slowly assuaged; for now.
    Sometimes going along to get along, essentially ignoring, is beneficial. No need to boast something back.
    Any desire to further engage, antagonize another, is not beneficial, nor conducive, towards this thread's great and enjoyable discussions.
    For me, each of you contribute with posts of worthy perspectives.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-11-2023 at 02:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    If we could try him out for a month or so for cheap and let him and his wages go if it wasn’t looking good I’d be really interested to see the results. But given Bradley’s long “we need the right - and I mean right! - kind of guy” speech at the recent press conference… and his gutting of the team last season to begin to get the right kind of guys, even if it meant playing teenagers with little experience out of position and getting killed on the pitch - well, I’d say no chance in hell Martinez is going to be an option of any kind. Maybe better not to bother thinking about what’s impossible.

Also, I get the feeling Phil Neville and Miami are on the clueless side about these sort of dynamics and will be hit and miss - or just bad - for some time in the league despite spending a ton. Martinez to Miami makes sense in the scheme of things but to Toronto not much at all.

About the question of who will work between the two Italians I wouldn’t be surprised if that is not going to be an easy fit. Even Layrea who is brilliant getting forward on the right was not working very well with Bernadeschi. (If they don’t get that together it’s going to be a big waste of Layrea and his hefty salary.) The right guy, character-wise aside, I’m not sure who that is except that if the 9 doesn’t have the respect of both wingers he ain’t going to work out… and so far none of our strikers have it.
    Fair reasoning offered in your first paragraph.
    Wouldn't that be something; a luxury.
    To have Martinez/anyone of his status available come out to secretly practice a few days and see if things could work; anonymous trialist.
    Sure, Martinez to Miami is the obvious move.
    Though, he might be more professionally intrigued and challenged by being placed between the two Italians; who knows?
    Your point about Laryea is interesting. I did notice that at times Fede and Mamah were not in sync.
    Do not know if that situation would iron itself out over more play time together; or not?
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-11-2023 at 02:07 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Fair reasoning offered in your first paragraph.
    Wouldn't that be something; a luxury.
    To have Martinez/anyone of his status available come out to secretly practice a few days and see if things could work; anonymous trialist.
    Sure, Martinez to Miami is the obvious move.
    Though, he might be more professionally intrigued and challenged by being placed between the two Italians; who knows?
    Your point about Laryea is interesting. I did notice that at times Fede and Mamah were not in sync.
    Do not know if that situation would iron itself out over more play time together; or not?
    They looked good to me for the first two matches together and then not good to my eyes. Maybe it’s just that Richie is a brilliant bombing wingback (who was also an excellent winger, btw) and he needs the space that Bernadeschi freely commands in the opposing third. I don’t think he was on the ball long enough and not carrying it deep enough to be totally effective. Usually the ball didn’t make it to the deep wide right space that Richie owns because Bernadeschi was cutting inside with the ball much earlier and the decisions were already more or less made. A tough one because Bernadeschi was scoring from there, or looking further inside, or to the other wing.

I think it might have to be a coaching thing to make the most of Layrea and have both options from both players fully on the table in the final third.

Actually, I like JLoome’s idea of 5 in the back or 3-4-3 for our roster (even as in progress as the roster is) but I don’t think it’s going to happen and because of that I don’t think Richie should stay on. Hope I’m wrong, who knows what the season will bring… just thoughts based on the chaotic last season.

P.S. Or play Ritchie on the left and find a more proper (not essentially a winger) back for the right. However, Richie’s preferred movement isn’t at all that of Crisito who worked so well with Insigne. He often left the deep wide space to his buddy and worked himself more centrally and less deep. So maybe this would create more problems than leaving Richie on the right.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 01-11-2023 at 02:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    I know VDW didn't work out, but I actually thought he did well on the pitch, despite it being an awful season for us. If he arrived a year earlier, maybe the whole thing would have gone better.
    I'm Dutch, and VdW was always one of favorite defenders on our National team along with Stefan de Vrij . I followed vdw at Ajax (my 2nd team, next to TFC) but the thing with VdW is that he's always had attitude issues, wherever he played. He once even called in sick for Netherlands training, only for it to be posted in the papers the next day of him attending and partying at a concert in Amsterdam. I think for that incident the coach left him off the next international game.

VdW was an amazing defender, and I'd probably rate him up there with Matthijs de Ligt, but unfortunately he's the Dutch version of Soteldo when it comes to attitude. I was more happy than any of you when TFC signed him, but unfortunately not surprised when I heard the reason he was let go. Arriving a year earlier wouldn't have changed things imo, he's just always been a Soteldo character, but one of the best defenders when he's on the pitch. Still miss watching him play.

And with that, let's sign Stefan de Vrij 🙏 😁
    Last edited by dave343; 01-11-2023 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Adding info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/Total_TFC

➡️ Toronto FC have reportedly reached an agreement with Sigurd Rosted on personal terms, but still need to agree with Brøndby on a transfer fee.

🇳🇴 The 28 year old Norwegian defender has agreed to a $300,000 salary after tax.

#TFCLive

[via @tipsbladet]
    https://www.tipsbladet.dk/nyhed/supe...her-er-loennen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post

➡️ Toronto FC have reportedly reached an agreement with Sigurd Rosted on personal terms, but still need to agree with Brøndby on a transfer fee.

 The 28 year old Norwegian defender has agreed to a $300,000 salary after tax.

#TFCLive

[via @tipsbladet]

a rumor! yay!

anyone have any insight on this player? he is 28- so it would be

laryea-Rosted- hedges- XX?

I believe TFC may get one good season out of Hedges based on OG's decline after he turned 32 I believe.

Does Rosted have speed? could be nice combo speed wise with Larea and Rosted with Hedges running the back line.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post

🇳🇴 The 28 year old Norwegian defender has agreed to a $300,000 salary after tax.

#TFCLive

[via @tipsbladet]
    I like waking up to news. This, along with Hedges, should shore up the #1 problem with our team these past two years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    I like waking up to news.
    I want to wake up to news of SJ 😎

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    You're right, I'll just put you on ignore.

But before...

I love that you use the raps as an example of something you're happy with....thry haven't won a playoff round since the 19/20 season and are on course to miss the playoffs 2/3 years with an incredibly poorly constructed roster.

Just.. incredible.

so you want to throw another jab before blocking me? you need to get the last word in or something? so childish man.

First off- the whole point was comparing - TFC management to Raptors management- but regarding season success- the raptors were 1 shot in game 7 from advancing -after they won- cant say the same for TFC at all.

there is no bad contract on the raptors- OG has incredible value in the league, no buy-outs required- no coaches fired- cap management is in extremely good shape
    Raptors havent won yes- still had regular season success and made the playoffs last season- but my point is TFC hasnt won either and I feel much more comfortable with Masai and Bobby in charge <---- this is the whole point, not wins and losses.

How you manage to keep missing the whole point is laughable man. I said not always negative.

I mentioned management -they didnt waste a buy-out, arent cap constrained, have all their draft picks with contracts that are not over-payment ( waiting on what happens with FVV)

you mentioning they havent won a play-off game - solidifies my argument even further man - LOLOLOL- Thank you!!

comparing both teams who havent had playoff success since the same 19/20 - yet I am more comfortable and not worried- this is my point about the management.

relax a bit- this is forum where others have opinions- only you have attacked multiple posters personally- only you- understand this.

you mentioned whining and negative- I then respond highlighting this is not always the case- and then you try to counter my point by mentioning playoffs wins-instead of trying to understand.

as I stated not whining or negative- I have more faith in raptors management then TFC- how does this offend you or you take it so so incredibly personal?

-are you sure you dont have personal ties to management- you seem to take everything someone doesnt agree with you, so so personal- must drive your significant other crazy LOLOL to even converse with you.

I dont take it personal that you block me at all- probably best for your health and well-being especially if words from a random stranger bothers you this much.

I still will proudly share my opinions and view point.

Yes Raptors arent winning- but management i am more comfortable with
    Last edited by FootBallAZ; 01-11-2023 at 09:34 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dave343 View Post
    I want to wake up to news of SJ 
    Soon, Dave. Soon.

Is it reasonable for me to think this deal won't even require TAM? He should just be one of those mid 6 figure transfer fees, even lower probably.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm Dutch, and VdW was always one of favorite defenders on our National team along with Stefan de Vrij . I followed vdw at Ajax (my 2nd team, next to TFC) but the thing with VdW is that he's always had attitude issues, wherever he played. He once even called in sick for Netherlands training, only for it to be posted in the papers the next day of him attending and partying at a concert in Amsterdam. I think for that incident the coach left him off the next international game.

VdW was an amazing defender, and I'd probably rate him up there with Matthijs de Ligt, but unfortunately he's the Dutch version of Soteldo when it comes to attitude. I was more happy than any of you when TFC signed him, but unfortunately not surprised when I heard the reason he was let go. Arriving a year earlier wouldn't have changed things imo, he's just always been a Soteldo character, but one of the best defenders when he's on the pitch. Still miss watching him play.

And with that, let's sign Stefan de Vrij  
    I thought he was a good player on the pitch - I remember one game where he ran all the way up and then was the first back on defense- his versatility also is understated but unfortunately his attitude plus life outside football became a distraction- isnt he a model similar to FB?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soon, Dave. Soon.

Is it reasonable for me to think this deal won't even require TAM? He should just be one of those mid 6 figure transfer fees, even lower probably.

that would be incredible if management is able to pull this off-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to wake up to news of SJ 

me too- its Wed- hopefully a presser today around noon- or maybe waiting for Rosted to be completed before announcing the next two signings.

this still leaves TFC needs- LB, Striker, Midfield Starting, Midfield Depth, CB-Depth

so 5 more players and outlook could be good to start the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Rosted signing is one of those moves that isn't flashy, but could prove to be huge. Anyone able to calculate Rosted's actual cap hit based on the projected 300k he will be earning after taxes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    me too- its Wed- hopefully a presser today around noon- or maybe waiting for Rosted to be completed before announcing the next two signings.

this still leaves TFC needs- LB, Striker, Midfield Starting, Midfield Depth, CB-Depth

so 5 more players and outlook could be good to start the season.
    I am pretty sure our starting midfield is Bradley, Osorio, and Kaye. Who of those three do you imagine Bob Bradley benching? I agree we still need some midfield depth, but with VV and Jayden still on the team, our midfield is probably our strongest asset.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    The Rosted signing is one of those moves that isn't flashy, but could prove to be huge. Anyone able to calculate Rosted's actual cap hit based on the projected 300k he will be earning after taxes?
    Probably $600,000 to be honest. Canadian taxes for high income earners are absolutely criminal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe TFC may get one good season out of Hedges based on OG's decline after he turned 32 I believe.
    Why would you compare him to OG who was always very big and very slow and not to a player built similarly with a similar football IQ like Drew Moor?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Why would you compare him to OG who was always very big and very slow and not to a player built similarly with a similar football IQ like Drew Moor?
    only compared based on similar age i guess.

im very happy to know hedges is more like moor- meaning - could get 3 solid seasons out of Hedges.

This sounds amazing- you're saying he is faster then OG too? Def need speed for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, OG’s decline was evident before he even arrived. Vanney did a good job of compensating for him the first year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neither player is particularly fast but from what I can tell, Brondby was quite a solid defensive team when Rosted was getting regular starting minutes. This year, not so much. We all know how important Hedges was to Dallas so I'm optimistic about our center anchors now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    I am pretty sure our starting midfield is Bradley, Osorio, and Kaye. Who of those three do you imagine Bob Bradley benching? I agree we still need some midfield depth, but with VV and Jayden still on the team, our midfield is probably our strongest asset.

I guess I would be happy with Kaye coming off the bench along with bradley ( or bradley playing 60M).

If rumors are true about nelson being traded def would need someone else.

Ideally for me it would be Osorio+Mid+Mid with Bradley,Kaye and VV off the bench.

I understand most likely based on what TFC paid for Kaye and BB being MB's father the starting Mid-field are locked.

I am happy with Osorio + Kaye+Bradley(if strong mid depth can provide 30 m for both positions) - my opinion of course.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I think we have to wait til the mlspa figures come out tbh.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I would be happy with Kaye coming off the bench along with bradley ( or bradley playing 60M).
    Kaye is starter quality. People judging him based on a half season on a new team where he played at less than 100% fitness.

To all the people who were saying we should be looking for MLS proven players the other day to fill the roster; he is that. The amount of TAM transferred is irrelevant now because it's done and as we've seen, prices are going up for domestics.

But I assume MAK is already entrenched in the position of Delgado, Nelsen, etc who no matter what they do or how well they play, will always have a certain contingent of supporters waiting for that one missed pass or blown play to jump on here to say how that player is a POS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kaye is starter quality. People judging him based on a half season on a new team where he played at less than 100% fitness.

To all the people who were saying we should be looking for MLS proven players the other day to fill the roster; he is that. The amount of TAM transferred is irrelevant now because it's done and as we've seen, prices are going up for domestics.

But I assume MAK is already entrenched in the position of Delgado, Nelsen, etc who no matter what they do or how well they play, will always have a certain contingent of supporters waiting for that one missed pass or blown play to jump on here to say how that player is a POS.

dont think he looked all that good for Canada as well in that third game .

Im happy to be proven wrong for sure- thankfully he is already in training camp- so should be able to see the quality he can provide from start of the season.

I actually thought Delgado was underrated, underappreciated - like an unsung hero- covered so much ground and recovered so well.

I really was hoping he would have stayed to see how osorio and delgado would have evolved.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, I think we've got enough of a picture to see what's going on for something...

Johnson

Laryea - Rosted - Hedges - [INSERT LEFT BACK HERE]

Bradley

MAK - Osorio

Fede - JJ - Insigne

There's more depth here than meets the eye thanks to an abundance of young RBs like JMR/Franklin that could see play time and move Laryea over to the left, and O'Neil can provide spells when needed. Dare I say it, it's starting to look not awful?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought he was a good player on the pitch - I remember one game where he ran all the way up and then was the first back on defense- his versatility also is understated but unfortunately his attitude plus life outside football became a distraction- isnt he a model similar to FB?
    He was a model yes, not sure if he still is though. I guess yeah in his case off field he had some distractions, both good and bad. It's a shame because when he left us he was only 31... and still could have played for many more years but washed out. Last I heard recently was that he's back living in the Netherlands and his Belgium GF whom he had a kid with in Toronto is dating another footballer.
    He should have stuck with it and got back into another club, so much talent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slow.
    Lumbering.
    Rooted like a tree.
    Hence, I believe the moniker… Omar ‘El Tule’ Gonzalez.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-11-2023 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Addendum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, I think we've got enough of a picture to see what's going on for something...

Johnson

Bradley

MAK - Osorio

Fede - JJ - Insigne

There's more depth here than meets the eye thanks to an abundance of young RBs like JMR/Franklin that could see play time and move Laryea over to the left, and O'Neil can provide spells when needed. Dare I say it, it's starting to look not awful?
    It's certainly coming along. We just need a left back for sure and ideally another forward and CM.

Still have the wildcard DP slot open too.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Johnson

Bradley

MAK - Osorio

Fede - JJ - Insigne

we need our LB to have recovery pace, and potentially a new starting striker who can press effectively from the front, run in behind, etc.

but yes, that's a really, really strong XI. just need some midfield/ fullback depth.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently Alonso Coello from the yutes is someone we should be paying attention to as a candidate for some of those backup CM minutes as well. Main missing piece is that LB...