Page 104 of 174 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,120 of 5193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Cooper doesn't rate him defensively at all. He gave him five appearances in the Championship and a couple of exhibitions. Richie acquitted himself well in all, but had several moments where he couldn't read the offensive movement and left the backside uncovered.

I think they're simply of the opinion that his style doesn't suit English football particularly, which is EXTREMELY tactically inflexible and system based. Cristian Ramirez, the former Minnesota striker, scored 15 goals for Aberdeen last year in the SPL but is now benched because they don't like his attitude. But that mostly seems to stem from them insisting he never make decisions on the ball at the expense of tactical shape. He said himself in an interview that the tactical rigidity was really surprising when he got there, and difficult to adapt to.

Having said that... I think on the balance Cooper is wrong. His wide players spend more time going forward than coming back and Richie's not that bad a defender; I'd say he's decent at marking and blocking, not so hot at tackling. He's using Neco Williams right now and it's an utter shit show. The boy is completely out of his depth, whereas some of the defenders they face are so large and slow, Richie would ghost them like he wasn't there (which in his few appearances for them, he did; he had a potential assist in every game he played, usually muffed point-blank.)

They focus on concrete movement and responsibilities, guys being cogs to pull apart the opposition shape and expose space; MLS and Mexican coaches stress tendencies and dominating the most dangerous areas of the pitch. (And the best now seem to demand both).

So, he's not going to stay with Forest.

Hull inquired about a loan last year AND a purchase this year, but it was rejected so quickly it sounds like they were trying a sub-million swoop.

I suspect we have the inside track, as he wasn't seen enough there, and teams do generally avoid using the cup as an arbiter. But if a team in the Championship or Turkey is desperate for a right back he might go elsewhere, because he's two-sided, which is extremely valuable in a rotation/backup player.
    Neco isn't even starting anymore. Lodi seems to have that nailed now. I still think if they find themselves in the drop in six weeks all bets are off, including Cooper as manager. They will lose Sir Wilfrid Aurier if they go down which means they'll be down a wingback for sure if they drop.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they might. They may have though at 33 they could lower the wage bill a little, as that's normal in Europe when an older player wants a new deal at the same club. But the market here is more limited with respect to getting the same level of player at the same price.

I suspect they'll offer him a little more than 20%, as that's what the max overbid value is going to next season. It's about $100G (he's on 500k, I think? I might be wrong there), which is a rounding error to them. If they don't have something better lined up or signed already, it's probably because they're just gauging if they need to pay him more.
    i think if they were going to they would have already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they might. They may have though at 33 they could lower the wage bill a little, as that's normal in Europe when an older player wants a new deal at the same club. But the market here is more limited with respect to getting the same level of player at the same price.

I suspect they'll offer him a little more than 20%, as that's what the max overbid value is going to next season. It's about $100G (he's on 500k, I think? I might be wrong there), which is a rounding error to them. If they don't have something better lined up or signed already, it's probably because they're just gauging if they need to pay him more.
    NYCFC have unloaded everybody, so it seems unlikely they're going to go to any length to sign Sean Johnson. But who knows. Maybe they want some veteran presence for their rebuild.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    NYCFC have unloaded everybody, so it seems unlikely they're going to go to any length to sign Sean Johnson. But who knows. Maybe they want some veteran presence for their rebuild.
    people there seem convinced he's gone.

and if they are going to be rebuilding the next couple years, it doesnt make a ton of sense to be paying a vet gk a ton for marginal gains when could be spending that cap space elsewhere and giving a young GK time to develop.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS are likely to bring in intra- league transfers very soon, per the athletic (likely next offseason).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    MLS are likely to bring in intra- league transfers very soon, per the athletic (likely next offseason).
    That should be interesting. I wonder what the exchange rate is between GAM and actual dollars.

Petrasso was traded for $300k GAM + 100k conditional GAM. Wonder what it would've been if it was a USD transfer

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    That should be interesting. I wonder what the exchange rate is between GAM and actual dollars.

Petrasso was traded for $300k GAM + 100k conditional GAM. Wonder what it would've been if it was a USD transfer
    not sure. but this surely also helps clubs like us, atlanta, the LA clubs.

teams with money to spend.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adam Lundkvist. Whoa. Another interesting defender moves inside MLS. Very surprised at the quality/number of these guys available/moving.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/austi...houston-dynamo
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still find it funny that people believe we have poor scouts. We have been credibly linked to Facundo Pellistri and Alexis McAllister. We were hamstrung at the time due to the lack of U22 type rule. We had to try and fit the salary and transfer fee into our miniscule TAM budget. We were also prevented from signing Lucas Janson because we couldn't scrape together a couple of million for a transfer fee.

I am quite hopeful that the scouts and methods that identified those players at the age we identified them, which was before either blew up and became a known commodity, have continued to refine the process.

As a team that bought high priced prime DP's we have not had any time to see what a manager with his hands untied could do on the young player transfer market.

Just my humble opinion.
    Last edited by bought with blo; 01-10-2023 at 12:45 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Adam Lundkvist. Whoa. Another interesting defender moves inside MLS. Very surprised at the quality/number of these guys available/moving.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/austi...houston-dynamo
    that is a steep price.

fairly low wage, but when take into account trade cost it's over 600K a year budget charge for a fairly average LB.

be interesting to see what austin fc do when the extra GAM from being an expansion club runs out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that is a steep price.
    Feels like $500-700K budget charge is the new going number for, call it, average MLS defenders with some pedigree in league. This is a big jump up.

I suspect Rosted is costing quite a bit less.

If so, that is a big gamble Bob is taking.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feels like $500-700K budget charge is the new going number for median MLS defenders with some pedigree in league. This is a big jump up.

But a smart move if it pays off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feels like $500-700K budget charge is the new going number for, call it, average MLS defenders with some pedigree in league. This is a big jump up.

Interesting gamble though. I don’t think anyone comes here if they’re starting in Europe unless the money is really big. Otherwise there needs to be some dissatisfaction. Especially not playing enough, which seems to be the case here, losing his spot at Brondby, playing only ten matches last year.

Over the last eight seasons he’s averaged 21 domestic matches per season in Norway, Belgium and Denmark. Plus 16 Europa and Champions League appearances overall including vs Lille, Sparta Prague, Rangers, Salzburg and Bordeaux. In 2021 when he won the Danish Superliga with Brondby he played apx. 1350 mins domestically.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this board oscillates between complaining about our lack of scouting internationally when we recruit from MLS and about not making more sure thing MLS trades when we scout abroad.

you've got to love it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this board oscillates between complaining about our lack of scouting internationally when we recruit from MLS and about not making more sure thing MLS trades when we scout abroad.

you've got to love it.
    I need to pull together a list of this board's complaint memes. Could maybe turn it into a book.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    I need to pull together a list of this board's complaint memes. Could maybe turn it into a book.
    i'd buy that

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    if you don't call it Duality of Fan I'm rioting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you've got to love it.
    We seem (the club not the board) to be moving into a kind of balance of Europe, MLS and our academy.

It’s a weird league though… it’s still somewhat either boom or bust when it comes salaries. Getting low cost European guys in their prime-ish (especially if you’re not the Man City Group) is still unusual.

If you’re referring to Rosted, it should be interesting to have a central defender in his 20s with 16 Europa and Champions League matches. Another rarity here.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 01-10-2023 at 02:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any movement yet ? Beyond ridiculous.

Big clubs have rumors and succeeds - TFC is tight lipped and still nothing

Not having a starting goal keeper is making me uncomfortable-

Management knew the positions they needed since last Feb 2022 when the team was gutted.

Let's go now - training camp is important goalie and backline.

Would not be a good look if Johnson used tfc to get what he wanted from NYFC.

Also not comfortable giving a 3 year deal -

Give me some addition here guys please now

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Any movement yet ? Beyond ridiculous.

Big clubs have rumors and succeeds - TFC is tight lipped and still nothing

Not having a starting goal keeper is making me uncomfortable-

Management knew the positions they needed since last Feb 2022 when the team was gutted.

Let's go now - training camp is important goalie and backline.

Would not be a good look if Johnson used tfc to get what he wanted from NYFC.

Also not comfortable giving a 3 year deal -

Give me some addition here guys please now
    Deep breaths

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only the 10th of Jan a lot of business can be done in a month. It’ll be a test of management’s ability to do it and do it well, but let’s give it a second.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Only the 10th of Jan a lot of business can be done in a month. It’ll be a test of management’s ability to do it and do it well, but let’s give it a second.
    Yep.

Some unnamed posters here just post the same panic attack every day lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep.

Some unnamed posters here just post the same panic attack every day lol
    A lot of it is justified given the ability shown by management. All depends on what angle you take it.

This go around they’ve been open in communicating expectations and priority, which gives me ease, I still have very heavy doubts on their ability to execute. But no need for me to add to the fire unless they miss their own deadline.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    A lot of it is justified given the ability shown by management. All depends on what angle you take it.

This go around they’ve been open in communicating expectations and priority, which gives me ease, I still have very heavy doubts on their ability to execute. But no need for me to add to the fire unless they miss their own deadline.
    it would be justified if one of the two targets we've been very open about didn't join, or if the situation was the same in 3 weeks.

as it is, just spam, really.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it would be justified if one of the two targets we've been very open about didn't join, or if the situation was the same in 3 weeks.

as it is, just spam, really.
    I think a lot of people need this space to vent about their frustrations/fears re: the team, but it does REALLY clog up the board for people who want to discuss what exists/rumours and hypotheticals, not have the same conversations about management every day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you've got to love it.
    Not me. I take MLS experience every time. Too many Kantari and Aketxe memories/nightmares. This is a weird league.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not me. I take MLS experience every time. Too many Kantari and Aketxe memories/nightmares. This is a weird league.
    My assumption is this doesn't apply to DPs, but van der Wiel as well speaks to how bad some players do in this league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i want the management team to prove me wrong-seems to be the same pattern as the years before- over confidence and slow moving.

I dont understand is Johnson really considering to stay with NYFC in a rebuild over TFC- what the heck did TFC say or do- lol

I honestly want to know how this year is going to start- I want to see this team back where it should be.

I realized Team Canada has me more invested at this moment then TFC.

Lets get the 7 new players - lets go.

PS. Due diligence and right fit isnt an excuse as even when they took their time -some players didnt pan out.

If the rumour is that both youngins are being sold for GAM or whatever - this could be the first step before the next moves.

Isnt having a whole squad in training camp crucial to the teams early success? I really dont want to hear give it 3 months into the season -.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting antsy for some kind of confirmation that Johnson has signed. I don't need the official confirmation from the club, just someone credible to come out and say it is done.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Getting antsy for some kind of confirmation that Johnson has signed. I don't need the official confirmation from the club, just someone credible to come out and say it is done.
    didn't someone on here say he's signed?

LCD Eindhoven did