Page 79 of 174 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,370 of 5193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the Cavallini aggressiveness got a bit worse this past season. He was always aggressive, but seemed to manage it. I wonder if having his playing time limited made him play more aggressively when he was on the field to try and demonstrate his worth to the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    I think the Cavallini aggressiveness got a bit worse this past season. He was always aggressive, but seemed to manage it. I wonder if having his playing time limited made him play more aggressively when he was on the field to try and demonstrate his worth to the team.
    They were playing a 433, so he'd effectively lost the starting job to Brian White. Then Brian White had an awful season and he got another look. I think as you say he came back too gung ho.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    What is it with you and anger- supporters dont have a place to share displeasure of front office? are you serious- then talk down to the "angry" ones because they dont know how the MLS works- ?

I have to seriously questions if you have family ties to the front office man- you did not need to mention projection anger or dont know how something works- that is both a personal and highly offensive to someone's character on this board.

Leeds just can't let anyone else have an opinion that thats different than his. He knows what exactly right, and wrong, with everything about this team. Its exhausting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more I think about it, the more I doubt Bob would ever sign him.

He gave Doneil one shot, basically, and in Doneil's first appearance for us, he attempted a nearly suicidal pass in our own end on just about his first touch on the ball.

Bradley does not brook bullshit. The stamp would be enough, I think, to relegate Cavallini to his list of guys who doesn't deserve to be there. It's not entirely practical but it is sort of honorable.

EDIT: Boy, it sure would be nice to get a fucking signing soon though, eh boys? Hedges was great but we still look thin all over the place. Who's our starting left back, for one...

(Let's face it, if Auro missing a few practises and partying with Soteldo was enough to end four years at the club, he's not putting up with Cavallini hulking out.).
    Last edited by jloome; 12-30-2022 at 12:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cavallini seems like a bad fit to me and frankly, if he wasn't Canadian I don't think he'd even be mentioned here. I really don't think that's a good signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am fiending for some of those fresh transfer rumors. Probably gotta wait until after the New Year though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was on the Cavalinni train but some of his antics over the past year have turned me off.

But then again, maybe we are setting our sights too high for what would be a backup striker. At $300k-$400k a year if he bangs in 5-7 goals and does a good job occupying space and defenders maybe that’s a great return?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I was on the Cavalinni train but some of his antics over the past year have turned me off.

But then again, maybe we are setting our sights too high for what would be a backup striker. At $300k-$400k a year if he bangs in 5-7 goals and does a good job occupying space and defenders maybe that’s a great return?
    I feel like the expectation for our starting striker should be to be to hit that 5-7 goal mark. Like Insigne and Bernadeschi are going to be scoring the majority of the goals regardless so it’s gonna be hard for whoever comes in to grab 10+. Agree with you on the Cavalini antics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly… you guys are great. Keep up rehashing shit from 6 months ago.

I was one of those people who thought bernadeschi was a bad signing for numerous reasons, which we don’t have to rehash. I was wrong, he bought in which I really didn’t think he would. So yeah you were were right you get a good star next your name.

just because someone’s opinion is proven to be correct about and issue being discussed whether it’s signing of a player or the coaching staff etc doesn’t make the dissenting opinion of the situation wrong. As all we are all trying to do is look into the future and predict an outcome

On this board there have been a lot of heated debates Dero to Celtic as an example. That thread ended and now is brought up in jest. But for the life of me I can not understand while you feel the need to bring this up every so often. Honestly it’s getting a bit much now
    Last edited by TheGoodson; 12-30-2022 at 04:16 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I feel like the expectation for our starting striker should be to be to hit that 5-7 goal mark. Like Insigne and Bernadeschi are going to be scoring the majority of the goals regardless so it’s gonna be hard for whoever comes in to grab 10+.
    Totally agree with this but the striker needs to be the kind of guy willing and wanting to do all the dirty work (box chaos, hold up play, be physical to open space, win aerials) without getting all the hoopla. Like a modern, younger version of Dichio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Totally agree with this but the striker needs to be the kind of guy willing and wanting to do all the dirty work (box chaos, hold up play, be physical to open space, win aerials) without getting all the hoopla. Like a modern, younger version of Dichio.
    100% agree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That’s possible. I got the sense he was always not quite proving the worth of his contract but sitting on the bench altogether might have intensified that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

He gave Doneil one shot, basically, and in Doneil's first appearance for us, he attempted a nearly suicidal pass in our own end on just about his first touch on the ball.

Bradley does not brook bullshit. The stamp would be enough, I think, to relegate Cavallini to his list of guys who doesn't deserve to be there. It's not entirely practical but it is sort of honorable.

EDIT: Boy, it sure would be nice to get a fucking signing soon though, eh boys? Hedges was great but we still look thin all over the place. Who's our starting left back, for one...

(Let's face it, if Auro missing a few practises and partying with Soteldo was enough to end four years at the club, he's not putting up with Cavallini hulking out.).
    Yeah, now that you mention it that seems very likely. Bradley is totally no nonsense. Which isn’t to say players have to be perfect… he was demonstratively upset with Mavinga but also supportive given the nature of Mavinga’s off the field problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

I wonder if Cavalinni would accept those wages at TFC? It’s such a massive step down at his age. Maybe back to South America is a better move for him. At least on 30,000 US a month he could live like a king in Montevideo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    A contemporary Dichio would be perfect. He had class and quality too.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People, please pay attention to where you post things. Pele discussion belongs in the International Football section of the board. I've deleted the off-topic posts.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 12-30-2022 at 06:54 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TMAN80 View Post
    Leeds just can't let anyone else have an opinion that thats different than his. He knows what exactly right, and wrong, with everything about this team. Its exhausting.
    or i post my opinion on here like everyone else?

like you have literally done in this post?

and if we're being honest the exhausting thing about this forum is the relentless negativity, which is overwhelming.

anyways, we have the two best players in the league, the 2nd best coach in MLS history and are building up a core around that.

happy new years evryone!

be back on here when there's some news.
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 12-30-2022 at 07:08 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    if he wasn't Canadian I don't think he'd even be mentioned here
    Yeah guilty as charged. Only sort of though.

Definitely looking at WC players a bit differently for sure.

Enner Valencia isn’t available on a free for a modest amount.

Cavs is close to Oso (very) and MAK (I think), I think the CMNT cohesion might be a real positive. But he is polarizing…
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

If this is true (it might be)… it doesn’t really make sense. Doneil is close to the other CMNT guys, and he needs their respect. Henry has chops as imperfect but a character guy, BB cannot just act like that wasn’t known to him. I mean, one mistake and you are out for a vet with that resume and those relationships on team, really?

He played Mavinga instead, and Chris was good for two bombs scares a game. Which I understood, because, again, Mavinga has relationships too and had earned some respect over time for who he is and could be again.
    Last edited by ensco; 12-30-2022 at 08:01 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    If this is true (it might be)… it doesn’t really make sense. Doneil is close to the other CMNT guys, and he needs their respect. Henry has chops as imperfect but a character guy, BB cannot just act like that wasn’t known to him. I mean, one mistake and you are out for a vet with that resume and those relationships on team, really?

He played Mavinga instead, and Chris was good for two bombs scares a game. Which I understood, because, again, Mavinga has relationships too and had earned some respect over time for who he is and could be again.
    He got nothing but junk minutes the rest of the season. Literally not a start and only coming in with games decided and less than five minutes left. If that doesn't scream "I have no confidence in you" nothing does. The respect part was not just releasing him, clearly a favor to the other MNT guys.

Doneil has a long rep now for being a poor decision maker on the pitch. Craig Forrest called him a career "squad player" on Footie Prime and specifically cited his inability to make smart decisions.

I don't know if you recall but after the first game of the season against Columbus, Mavinga was taken off at half time after attempting a lateral half-volley pass. Bradley has zero tolerance for that shit.
    Last edited by jloome; 12-30-2022 at 09:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started to get a feeling that we added Doneil because we were asked to (maybe by MLS since his salary was being paid and he was under a valid MLS contract from LAFC or from Canada/Herdman who wanted him training and getting minutes) and not because Bob wanted to sign him. Manning probably liked the allure of adding a CMNT player for free. I started getting this sense with the lack of opportunities he was given and the fact that he was announced by TFC as joining the team only until the end of 2022 (basically for the World Cup) despite the fact that he signed with MLS through at least 2023.

The above is complete speculation on my part, but was something I thought multiple times over the course of his tenure here in 2022

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW.
    Is what is being stated at all accurate- calculations?- and what is being suggested- spots for three starters?- reasonable.
    Having a tough time grasping the cap implications to TFC's current and developing roster.
    I bend the knee to any comments from those in the community with a better understanding of this situation.

The replies may provide some further context to this posters perspective?

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 12-31-2022 at 01:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I started to get a feeling that we added Doneil because we were asked to (maybe by MLS since his salary was being paid and he was under a valid MLS contract from LAFC or from Canada/Herdman who wanted him training and getting minutes) and not because Bob wanted to sign him. Manning probably liked the allure of adding a CMNT player for free. I started getting this sense with the lack of opportunities he was given and the fact that he was announced by TFC as joining the team only until the end of 2022 (basically for the World Cup) despite the fact that he signed with MLS through at least 2023.

The above is complete speculation on my part, but was something I thought multiple times over the course of his tenure here in 2022
    I was a little bit surprised that Bradley signed him to begin with. Doesn’t seem like his type of centre half at all. And the quote Bradley gave the press after signing him were the least positive sentiments I’ve heard from a sporting director. I was sure it was a short rental for cheap… seemed little chance he’d be back the next season. I wasn’t surprised he wasn’t given much of a shot.

So I think it’s reasonable speculation on your part. Bradley said something amounting to “meh, he’s turned up on our doorstep and he’s cheap and it’s convenient… whereas Henry was talking about returning home to be a leader. It was all a bit sad and probably not going to turn out well. I like Henry but he didn’t play well in his few minutes… at the same time it’s difficult to show well when you can’t get on the pitch.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 12-31-2022 at 01:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    FWIW.
    Is what is being stated at all accurate- calculations?- and what is being suggested- spots for three starters?- reasonable.
    Having a tough time grasping the cap implications to TFC's current and developing roster.
    I bend the knee to any comments from those in the community with a better understanding of this situation.

I suspect it's only tough based on our existing outlay. Most teams aren't paying their entire first squad max cap allocations.

If it's accurate, it's an average of 600K per season, which is a pretty good starting wage in this league. Lots of starters at other clubs don't make TAM or DP money.

The club has to spend more wisely, basically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    FWIW.

There's some issues with his sheet - he hasn't assumed we rolled over any AM from last year (and we rolled over a lot). There's also some standard allocation money for it being an expansion year and us missing the playoffs that he didn't include. Basically, we have a lot more cap space than he says we do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

?

Is this from yesterday?

Click the image; there is a message on the subsequent expansion.

Plage Le Petits Travers is near Montpellier?

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 12-31-2022 at 01:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^/^^
    Thank you gentlemen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pressing needs for the upcoming season?

We still need a wingback partner for Laryea.

Need a CDM destroyer who will actually disrupt the opposition attacks, although I'm worried BB doesn't feel the same and will just put MB there again this season. I was yelling at the TV from game 1 last year about this, but BB didn't seem to care.

GK is clearly need #1.

Would like to see Kaye show some form this year. He was.....not good at soccer last year.

Would like to see Akinola shipped out and a new #9 arrive. I think the hype was extreme after his short MLS is back tournament performance and his post-injury form has been uninspiring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerpro View Post
    Pressing needs for the upcoming season?

We still need a wingback partner for Laryea.

Need a CDM destroyer who will actually disrupt the opposition attacks, although I'm worried BB doesn't feel the same and will just put MB there again this season. I was yelling at the TV from game 1 last year about this, but BB didn't seem to care.

GK is clearly need #1.

Would like to see Kaye show some form this year. He was.....not good at soccer last year.

Would like to see Akinola shipped out and a new #9 arrive. I think the hype was extreme after his short MLS is back tournament performance and his post-injury form has been uninspiring.
    It's very worrisome that we have a central midfield three who are all better going forward than back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m going to guess it’s probably not a possibility given wage depends (and championship salaries) but Jr Hoilett is exactly the veteran presence / utility knife / other things this team could use.