Page 58 of 174 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 5193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am fine with Oso returning, but I gotta see the numbers.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I am fine with Oso returning, but I gotta see the numbers.

agree.

i always thought that if he came back it would be because the offers overseas weren't as good as he had hoped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Latest.
    Seems CFM a no-go!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    agree.

i always thought that if he came back it would be because the offers overseas weren't as good as he had hoped.
    I feel like at 30 years old he kind of missed the boat to move over seas.

All the CMNT folks getting swooped up are 20/21.

Anyway, if he comes back, give him the arm band and he will be basically the greatest TFC player of all time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Oso is 31 in June. Not exactly a guy most European teams are willing to take a flier on.

I am a bit concerned about returning the exact same midfield as last year though. Neither Osorio or Bradley are getting any quicker and if Kaye doesn't regain his form, we are in for another year of getting absolutely overrun defensively in the midfield. You can tell me that Michael Bradley will get fewer minutes this year and I will continue to refuse to believe you. People have been saying that for 3 years now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio played in 23 games had 9 goals and 4 assists in MLS PLAY. He played the full 90 in 14 out of those 23 games and managed to put up great stats playing MEDFIELD! At this point in his development he is a top MLS Player if healthy and plays 30 to 33 games he could put up bonkers stats. Maybe even 16g 10a that's quality if you ask me. He should resign and i would be over the moon to have him return, he makes this team better not worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Oso gets renewed he will be guaranteed to be the all time caps leader for the foreseeable future.

A mountain only another future club legend could possibly climb!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Speaking for myself, I don’t believe anything until Molinaro or Davidson say it.

I had a long and pleasant chat with Davidson at a social event recently. He is a true soccer hardcore, it's not just a job for him.

He is old school, just doesn’t care about social media presence, click bait etc. He just thinks he works for editors, and fans. Never wants somebody mad at him because he didn’t check with them, so he waits to run things until he reaches everyone involved.
    Davidson is the best in town. Veracity aside, his prose is good to read.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    if true.max tam for oso.what could go wrong 30 yr old oft injured head injury.at this point why not add VV,seba jozy moor zava the way this club overpays,lazy management,cant wait for the midfield to be over run again this season
    Agree with everything you’re saying Reggie but you forgot to include 36 year old Bradley getting beat or losing the man he is supposed to be marking in the box.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Oso is 31 in June. Not exactly a guy most European teams are willing to take a flier on.

I am a bit concerned about returning the exact same midfield as last year though. Neither Osorio or Bradley are getting any quicker and if Kaye doesn't regain his form, we are in for another year of getting absolutely overrun defensively in the midfield. You can tell me that Michael Bradley will get fewer minutes this year and I will continue to refuse to believe you. People have been saying that for 3 years now.
    I am hoping, knowing it won't happen, but still hoping that Osorio takes that DM spot from Bradley and we look for a DP MF with pace to compliment MAK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had this midfield on the roster but not on the pitch. Having them on the pitch should be a major improvement. But Micheal is slow. I don’t think it makes sense to sign guys simply to make up for that, after all, how much longer can MB start? One encouraging thing is that his father is the first manager to verbally state that he doesn’t intend to start Michael every match. He said he didn’t intend to last season but injuries didn’t allow it. I think he needs to back that possibility up this season by signing someone who can also play the 6.

Oso could do it but it might be something of a waste. He and Delgado together have been our best central midfield in recent-ish years but our current manager clearly had no interest in setting up in a way that would allow that.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 12-08-2022 at 01:55 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    I think he needs to back that possibility up this season by signing someone who can also play the 6.
    Osorio has done this and was good at it in 2020.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Osorio has done this and was good at it in 2020.
    I remember better he and Delgado together.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    I remember better he and Delgado together.
    Yes but Oso was more glued back than Delgado. As he gets older I think he would be good there. He has passing range, can defend, is vocal. He fits the part.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

re-sigining osorio doesn't negate the fact that we badly need midfield depth in all 3 midfield roles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We do historically like ourselves a Spanish midfielder.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We do historically like ourselves a Spanish midfielder.

buying CMs from roma and signing free agent CBs from FC Dallas, eh?

where have i heard that one before

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

re-sigining osorio doesn't negate the fact that we badly need midfield depth in all 3 midfield roles.
    Very matter-of-fact, it just makes us the same team as last year, not a better one (yet).

I think two additional mids is enough. That would put 5 in the rotation and you still have Nelson who could be spot 6. Assuming the 2 new signings can cover off more than one sort of role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was pointed out earlier in thread about the goalkeepers, I’m going to add to that.

Obvious positional needs have been there since July/August or longer in some cases. The fact that there have been no additions is concerning. And to another’s point on first movers in the market- if the club doesn’t have deals dusted by mid-Jan it should be red flags all over the place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Was pointed out earlier in thread about the goalkeepers, I’m going to add to that.

Obvious positional needs have been there since July/August or longer in some cases. The fact that there have been no additions is concerning. And to another’s point on first movers in the market- if the club doesn’t have deals dusted by mid-Jan it should be red flags all over the place.
    maybe they can play the young kids until july.that may work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post

Let’s wait and see. I agree with the idea of “first choice” signings going early is valid but let’s remember too MLS will be second choice destination for a lot of players globally. And we’ll see international signings later in the window.

We do need domestics though. And if those don’t come early it’s an ominous sign for the upcoming year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Let’s wait and see. I agree with the idea of “first choice” signings going early is valid but let’s remember too MLS will be second choice destination for a lot of players globally. And we’ll see international signings later in the window.

We do need domestics though. And if those don’t come early it’s an ominous sign for the upcoming year.
    100% agree. I think it’s different for positions like the goalkeeper though because they’ve had so much time to prepare.

The approach likely is get a top MLS keeper in free agency, but it should have a ready-made contingency if that isn’t going to happen. That would mean that you’re ready to pursue and pull the trigger on a non-MLS keeper relatively quickly. The non-MLS route should always be considerate of the likelihood of a player actually being willing to come here, meaning you’re not scrambling to sign at the end of the window. To be fair, in this case, it seems to be the approach and I love that they look prepared based on the rumours of that argentine dude.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/TheTorontoSun/st...Tbkc_a5IA&s=19

Toronto sun says "Expect a flood of announcements to come out of the Toronto FC front office in the next few days — including the possible re-signing of veteran midfielder Jonathan Osorio."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they do this, would be great if they made Oso captain.

They won't cause....obvs reasons.

But they really should. Would signal a change.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

If he stays he will be after this season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

buying CMs from roma and signing free agent CBs from FC Dallas, eh?

where have i heard that one before

Romans and their omens...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

He is not captain material. Obviously his loyalty is unmatched, but he has also proven to be a victim of his surroundings and blended in to those lean years. You need your captain to be able to take a team by the throat.

Nothing against Oso, but he ain’t it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    He is not captain material. Obviously his loyalty is unmatched, but he has also proven to be a victim of his surroundings and blended in to those lean years. You need your captain to be able to take a team by the throat.

Oso has worn the captains arm band whenever Bradley hasn't played, Insigne and Berna all spoke about how Oso is a leader in the locker room, Manning and Bob have all said he's a leader. Leaders and captains can come in all shapes and sizes - Insigne, Poz, Bradley, Moor, Berna have all worn the armband at different points in their career and are but capable leaders in their own way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post

That’s one of the dumbest comments I’ve seen on here in quite a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW!

Unreliable post warning?

Poster self-states has been 'first' to confirm two recent stories.
    Now suggesting Ayo to a Western Conference team in a 3-way trade.

Potential target/s?...

From the same poster... this seems to be connected?

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 12-09-2022 at 03:48 AM.