Page 162 of 174 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,860 of 5193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^
    Give me a little leeway here and with any transfer value/cost set aside. Do you think given the type of player he is, NFFC's perspective, if he likes his experience here, could TFC get him for another year; that is, the option of a two year loan? Is this reasonable in this case?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    ^^
    Give me a little leeway here and with any transfer value/cost set aside. Do you think given the type of player he is, NFFC's perspective, if he likes his experience here, could TFC get him for another year; that is, the option of a two year loan? Is this reasonable in this case?
    Nah, too valuable a player. Too good. They'll have a market for him pretty much right away, assuming they're not demanding Premier League money. When the EPL season ends, they have to shed something like 20 players now on top of expiring contracts, as they signed 30(!) this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would assume bringing in O'Brien would push Kaye onto the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post

From what I saw last year, O'Brien is a better player. Just way more rounded, higher workrate, better technically.

But I don't really know enough about MAK to judge how much difference there is. He came in injured last year, had minimal time with Canada. He was absolutely praised at LAFC, so I suspect it would be an ideal "everyone plays" situation, using rotation, if they got a guy like O'Brien in.

That way loads are balanced on Oso and Michael.

He can go back more, he can come forward more. He's very versatile, which is why Forest wanted him. He got very little chance this year to prove he belonged, as is the case with numerous Forest players from the Championship. He was one of the best midfielders in the Championship at Huddersfield.
    Last edited by jloome; 02-13-2023 at 08:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This is the question - I mean, there is not much track record of up and coming Championship players finding a way to the EPL via MLS.

The positives for any MLS team around this idea are huge, but the player himself might be seriously upset by a move like this at this point.
    He has been left off NF's 25 man roster. He was supposed to be loaned to Blackburn but the deal fell through last minute. Now he's left in limbo to play with the reserves or loan to a league that has a transfer window open like MLS.

His best chance back into Forrest's squad is to stay in game shape, so to me a 5 month loan to TFC makes a lot of sense for the player and also for TFC to bridge into the summer transfer window. TFC is likely sitting on some cap room, might as well use it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bwahaha. MC or DMC isn't he? Could be Kaye and 'the other guy' in tandem roles; if in a double pivot with Oso. Or O'Brien in a single pivot in tandem role with 'the other guy'. I suspect... these... if all are healthy.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-13-2023 at 08:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Nah, too valuable a player. Too good. They'll have a market for him pretty much right away, assuming they're not demanding Premier League money. When the EPL season ends, they have to shed something like 20 players now on top of expiring contracts, as they signed 30(!) this year.
    Ya this deal if it does materialize is similar to when Julio Cesar came over on loan. Opportunity for game shape and to see a little bit of North America

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Ya this deal if it does materialize is similar to when Julio Cesar came over on loan. Opportunity for game shape and to see a little bit of North America
    If he had all-star numbers in his short stay, his salary is low enough that it might be worth buying him, given that he's only 24. Forest paid so much that they probably want at least €3-5M back for him, minimum, even from a team below the Premier League.

He's on $1.2M, so TAM money. But we have a third DP spot open he could occupy until they sign an u22 dp, allowing the contract value to be amortized over the initial term. They they could flip him to a TAM deal, he'd still make more money, he'd play everyday.

But he probably wants to stay in England long-term as he's admired in the Championship. If he shows well there, he gets another shot at the top league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Forest are interested in loaning him, particularily if they'll pick up some salary, I think this is a no brainer. Gives us a high ceiling MF, at a low risk. Also lets us push off the decision on a new permanent midfielder until next off season when MB's $1.5M is off the books. I reached out to a friend that's a die hard Forest fan based in Nottingham to see if he has any additional info to provide.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

leeds were interested in buying him last summer but baulked at the high price, but i watched some of his games at hudds to "scout" him.

he's an all action box o box midfielder, very technically proficient and great passer. he's an excellent championship midfielder but i suspect the prem is a bridge too far.

would be incredible in MLS, if there was any way to get him it would be amazing, could fill in at all 3 spots and only 24.

and if he enjoys himself and wants to stick around, could be a max tam player next year when MB is either retired (or on league min).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    leeds were interested in buying him last summer but baulked at the high price, but i watched some of his games at hudds to "scout" him.

he's an all action box o box midfielder, very technically proficient and great passer. he's an excellent championship midfielder but i suspect the prem is a bridge too far.

would be incredible in MLS, if there was any way to get him it would be amazing, could fill in at all 3 spots and only 24.

and if he enjoys himself and wants to stick around, could be a max tam player next year when MB is either retired (or on league min).
    Sounds like Marky Delgado on steroids. Not gonna pretend I have ever watched him beyond some YouTube highlights, but getting a guy of this pedigree on loan could very well lead to TFC giving a 5 million transfer fee and making O'Brien a DP in the summer if he hits his marks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if he enjoys MLS… cannot imagine this profile of player would stay unless he were making serious DP money. Otherwise, why bother? He would just go back to the Championship to make TAM money and take another shot at the EPL brass ring.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if he enjoys MLS… cannot imagine this profile of player would stay unless he were making serious DP money. Otherwise, why bother? He would just go back to the Championship to make TAM money and take another shot at the EPL brass ring.
    fair. if he performs at the level he can it might be worth it.

let's hope we can get him and see what happens.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like Marky Delgado on steroids. Not gonna pretend I have ever watched him beyond some YouTube highlights, but getting a guy of this pedigree on loan could very well lead to TFC giving a 5 million transfer fee and making O'Brien a DP in the summer if he hits his marks.
    imagine marky's engine with MB passing ability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supposedly Blackburn Rovers aren't giving up on O'Brien that easy. Would be nice but seems like its going to be quite challenging for him to come here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    Supposedly Blackburn Rovers aren't giving up on O'Brien that easy. Would be nice but seems like its going to be quite challenging for him to come here.
    They pretty much have
    Director of Football Gregg Broughton admitted he felt it was unlikely Rovers would prevail. The Rovers chief conceded internal failings contributed to the disaster but also pointed to external factors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its not about him staying, this is an amazing placeholder until permanent summer move can be made. There's no chance he stays beyond as a young english player that whants to be an EPLer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are so many games between now and the League's Cup - I'd be absolutely fine with a 6 month loan

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sort of deal MLS should do - but is it the sort of deal MLS would do? (PTSD - Olaf Melberg variant)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Sort of deal MLS should do - but is it the sort of deal MLS would do? (PTSD - Olaf Melberg variant)
    I think they would now. It's potentially another way to market MLS; loan destination for the EPL. The old ways of MLS are fading.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully, lol. Is there anything linking him to us, or are we just grasping at straws?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Hopefully, lol. Is there anything linking him to us, or are we just grasping at straws?
    It's a pretty solid rumour, lol. It's as good as you get until you see him holding the jersey (or not).
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought this was just a case of folks on this board connecting the dots mores than an actual rumour from a credible source.

It's a midfield player that needs a club for 6 months, that is linked with a team that needs a midfield player, with the link being that the two clubs has previously had a loan dealing.

Beyond that I am not sure there is anything to suggest that either party is even exploring this, unless I have missed something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    I thought this was just a case of folks on this board connecting the dots mores than an actual rumour from a credible source.

It's a midfield player that needs a club for 6 months, that is linked with a team that needs a midfield player, with the link being that the two clubs has previously had a loan dealing.

Beyond that I am not sure there is anything to suggest that either party is even exploring this, unless I have missed something.
    You have missed something. Both parties are exploring it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post

If I may add... with an indication that the agent/player seems to have made an approach to TFC; likely because of mentioned previous loan arrangement.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/MichaelSingh94/s...UNEOO1wrg&s=19

Looks like still a decent chunk of squad building still being done, good to see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/MichaelSingh94/s...UNEOO1wrg&s=19

Looks like still a decent chunk of squad building still being done, good to see.
    Yeah, nice to see he acknowledges the need for fullback depth too. Adding striker on that list is basically a death kneel for Perruzza, you gotta think.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, nice to see he acknowledges the need for fullback depth too. Adding striker on that list is basically a death kneel for Perruzza, you gotta think.
    Akinola too potentially.

If we're adding 4 more players I reckon one more is leaving to give the extra gam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Am I the only one not interested in this move if he is going to leave after 6 months?

This is a critical position and to just have it go vacant and lose all that chemistry mid season sounds like a terrible idea.

I'd rather get someone committed to stay for at least the full season.