Page 4 of 174 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    There was a game where Pozuelo made a bad pass in the build up of play that resulted in a turnover. Bradley did a poor job defending/recovering. I maybe wouldn't say 100% was MB's fault, but he could have done better. In the post game, BB was asked about the goal and he mentioned Pozuelo, another midfielder and a defender as having errors in the defending but didn't mention MB.
    A bad pass? Are you Bob Bradley!?

https://youtu.be/wgaUMwNrFoo?t=207 This was the play. Pozuelo plays a perfectly normal pass, played gently to the feet of Michael Bradley who is in acres of space. Bradley messes it up, we conceded, and after the game BB blames Pozuelo for it saying he played a bad pass to Bradley in a 'tight spot'.

Here's a still of Michael receiving the pass in 'tight spot' https://photos.app.goo.gl/DKL3ohGnLdNswbC97 - Nobody around him, two passing options to his left, acres of space and a ball played gently to his feet.

Now I'm not saying he should go to town on the guy, mistakes happen, but his response was surreal. So surreal people still remember it as some kind of bad pass to Michael. It was clear from that moment Bob had his mind made up on Michael and Pozuelo, the former was beyond reproach and the latters days were numbered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post

https://youtu.be/wgaUMwNrFoo?t=207 This was the play. Pozuelo plays a perfectly normal pass, played gently to the feet of Michael Bradley who is in acres of space. Bradley messes it up, we conceded, and after the game BB blames Pozuelo for it saying he played a bad pass to Bradley in a 'tight spot'.

Here's a still of Michael receiving the pass in 'tight spot' https://photos.app.goo.gl/DKL3ohGnLdNswbC97 - Nobody around him, two passing options to his left, acres of space and a ball played gently to his feet.

Now I'm not saying he should go to town on the guy, mistakes happen, but his response was surreal. So surreal people still remember it as some kind of bad pass to Michael. It was clear from that moment Bob had his mind made up on Michael and Pozuelo, the former was beyond reproach and the latters days were numbered
    Yeah that one was on MB. For some reason I was remembering another play where Poz played a pass that was a little bit short - maybe I'm misremembering though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post

It’s not talked about by the media, but MB has a habit of arrogant decisions that lead to errors. I remember a game in 2014 or 2015 that he took a pass at the top of the box and instead of passing out of danger, he stopped, put his foot on the ball and waited, while an opposing player stormed him and kicked the ball out from under him and ended up scoring. It was like watching a strange version of the peanuts Lucy and Charlie Brown routine. I was shocked at the time, enough to still remember it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    It’s not talked about by the media, but MB has a habit of arrogant decisions that lead to errors. I remember a game in 2014 or 2015 that he took a pass at the top of the box and instead of passing out of danger, he stopped, put his foot on the ball and waited, while an opposing player stormed him and kicked the ball out from under him and ended up scoring. It was like watching a strange version of the peanuts Lucy and Charlie Brown routine. I was shocked at the time, enough to still remember it.
    Yes i remember this vividly. He had this terrible habit of thinking he could dance his way out of trouble in our own third

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrogant levels of self-confidence plague this team. The Mavinga pass out of bounds in the first or second game of the season was another brilliant example. WE always have dudes trying to make passes and plays in more time than they have.

I think "we played arrogantly" was my favorite expression of the 2021 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Dude, thought you had me on ignore? But ok, will play along...
    Oh, you're definitely on ignore. But I see your posts before I log in. It only screens them once a person is logged in.

Best of both worlds.
    Last edited by jloome; 10-12-2022 at 09:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always thought his ego was his worst enemy and mistakes like that have been all over his time at TFC, if he played within his strengths and not tried to be something he's not he'd have stayed in Europe as he definitely had the talent to stay there. Flipside, that confidence has fueled him to still be at this level physically into his mid 30s, so it's a double edged sword

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Berbardeschi says "it's very important for me to win, will try to make sure we win a trophy next year."

Also reiterated how happy he is in Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Berbardeschi says "it's very important for me to win, will try to make sure we win a trophy next year."

Also reiterated how happy he is in Toronto.
    Nice! Really like him...now if we can get a striker to free him up from all the double teams, watch out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jayden Nelson was the 4th fastest player in the league this season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oso says he's optimistic about being ready for the WC.

Also says if the best option is overseas he'll take it.

Won't decide til after WC.

honestly i love oso and think he's a great player, but wouldn't be the worst thing for him to leave this offseason.

his new contract would be sizeable and he's 30+. he's missing more and more games every year.

he only started 6 more games than criscito this season, a 35 year old who had already played an entire season and joined mid july.
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 10-12-2022 at 10:25 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Nice! Really like him...now if we can get a striker to free him up from all the double teams, watch out!
    yeah him and insigne were great this year, but they were doing all that without a striker.

insigne led serie a in assists in his time in the league. he can score, but he's a creator moreso.

we really need to get the striker signing right. if we do these guys can break records next year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also says if the best option is overseas he'll take it.

Won't decide til after WC.
    ”Bet on yourself” - Fred van Vleet

Oso believes in himself and thinks he is going to drive the market here. I love it.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eeek. I don't think there is any way he is going to play in the WC. Maybe off the bench for the last game if we're eliminated. Injury at the wrong time, unfortunately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Oso believes in himself and thinks he is going to drive the market here. I love it.
    As you know, I work from home. I got FUBO about eight months ago and have been watching a LOT of European football, and I have zero doubt he would plug right into a starting lineup almost anywhere other than the absolute top teams. He's not going to beat out the guys who are just damn near clinically perfect, at Man City and Barca and Bayern.

But if Celtic or Olympiakos or even Leeds came in for him? He'd be good at any of them.

The issue is age. He's 30. Clubs in Europe look first at starters who they can sell on.

Richie is a great example of this. He didn't show badly at all for Forest in his few appearances last year. But he had to be substantially better than the Djed Spences and Brennan Johnsons of the world to make their first team in the Championship.

The reality is that Oso is a risk for them. He's at least as good as many, many players in the Premiership, which despite the aura is, like any pro league, a mix of extreme talents and guys who barely belong. If he got a shot at Fulham or Crystal Palace or any of those clubs, I think he's the ONE guy on our squad other than the Italians who could read the game and react with the speed and precision required to belong.

But those marginal guys in the Prem have usually been with their club for years or have just been promoted. They're not signed from overseas.

I don't think he'll get a better offer there than he's getting here. If he does, it'll be in a league comparable in quality to MLS (ranked between 16 and 21 globally last year): Switzerland, Denmark, Portugal, Scotland, Greece, maybe Turkey or the Championship. The latter two are long shots. Most of those leagues don't pay max TAM money or CLOSE to it for their backup or rotation players. So he has to be a lock starter for them to pay $1M plus, basically.

But if he could swing a roster gig at a club that's likely to go to the Champions League, like Celtic or Porto or Besiktas, I'm sure he'll take it. He'd be great at a team like Celtic that are very quick, aggressive and far more possession oriented than they used to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Eeek. I don't think there is any way he is going to play in the WC. Maybe off the bench for the last game if we're eliminated. Injury at the wrong time, unfortunately.
    I wouldn't assume that. Herdman really values him. Atiba is touch and go, Kaye has been injured. He's not exactly heavy on impactful central midfielders, particularly with attacking abilities, and Oso has scored important goals for them.

I think if he's healthy and fit, he'll see significant time. The issue is how hard he can work between now and then.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it really depends on how much fitness work oso has been able to do with this neurological issue.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Arrogant levels of self-confidence plague this team. The Mavinga pass out of bounds in the first or second game of the season was another brilliant example. WE always have dudes trying to make passes and plays in more time than they have.
    I've been saying this since 2018 but I figured with the amount of turnover and new managers that this would have been weeded out by now. Guess we'll see in 2023 as most of that 2017 squad will be gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the bill manning big club not showing the exit interviews live.im going to miss all the softball questions by the bloggers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think if he's healthy and fit, he'll see significant time. The issue is how hard he can work between now and then.
    I hope he gets there. I would LOVE to see him play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

High risk, high reward. I like it also.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this from oso is also negotiation 101.

leave all options on the table.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    the bill manning big club not showing the exit interviews live.im going to miss all the softball questions by the bloggers
    "Bob, all told... do you think things could have gone better this year?"

"Bob, from your perspective... can we expect some roster changes in the offseason."

Please. You're lucky they're not showing it. It's intellectually demoralizing to anyone with a brain larger than a chipmunk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think "we played arrogantly" was my favorite expression of the 2021 season.
    I hate to use them as an example but the way Mtl plays the ball out of the back makes us look conservative. Shows you what happens when you have team speed and mobile midfielders.

BB also seems mortally offended by any concept of a true target man. God forbid someone received the ball with their back to goal on the halfway line and just out muscled the opposing CB to establish possession. Or, actually established an aerial presence in the box.

We play for the pass in behind that is never there (especially now that Poz is gone). And teams know they can sit deep and counter because MB can’t break up the play.

Who is the quote from btw? Is it Perez?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lorenzo Insigne: "Coming in, I knew it was going to be a difficult transition ... but next year we're going to start together. We're going to be united. We're going to stick together, it's going to be a great season ... and we know that next year, we're going to win many things."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this from oso is also negotiation 101.

leave all options on the table.
    Except what he decided not to say (unless I missed it) is decidedly hardball, and not from the standard playbook

This is the pablum you usually see from a guy with 15 years with an organization: "We're talking. Everybody knows I bleed TFC red. I really hope we can work it out so that I can stay. I love the city, love it here."

I will edit to amend if he in fact said something like this, I am only seeing twitter snippets
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joshua Kloke
    @joshuakloke
    ·
    2m
    Michael Bradley on whether he’ll be back with #TFCLive next season: “I think so.” Says more discussions with the team will happen in the off-season

whatever that means,does he not have a contract for next season?
    Last edited by reggie; 10-12-2022 at 11:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Except what he decided not to say (unless I missed it) is decidedly hardball, and not from the standard playbook

This is the pablum you usually see from a guy with 15 years with an organization: "We're talking. Everybody knows I bleed TFC red. I really hope we can work it out so that I can stay. I love the city, love it here."

I will edit to amend if he in fact said something like this, I am only seeing twitter snippets
    I don't think they've left him much choice. He reported talks were slow several months ago, then reiterated it last week. If your player stating it publicly doesn't change your approach, maybe the team doesn't want him back.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think they've left him much choice. He reported talks were slow several months ago, then reiterated it last week. If your player stating it publicly doesn't change your approach, maybe the team doesn't want him back.
    Agree. This is why I think he may well wind up elsewhere in MLS (eg Montreal). At any rate, I think he may take similar dollars elsewhere, just on a point of principle. Seems the only way he comes back is if he is great in Qatar, and then only because it'll be a stick up. (I have made this argument before.)
    Last edited by ensco; 10-12-2022 at 11:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Joshua Kloke
    @joshuakloke
    ·
    2m
    Michael Bradley on whether he’ll be back with #TFCLive next season: “I think so.” Says more discussions with the team will happen in the off-season

whatever that means,does he not have a contract for next season?
    Option year, I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’d like to hear what was offered. Because to my naked eye Osorio, a departed DP, and a few Italian are the only reason we didn’t average 0.50 ppg

And when he wasn’t on the field. We were useless.