Page 55 of 143 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 4276
  1. #1621
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    906
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Moutinho signs in Serie A so another good FA defender off the market.

  2. #1622
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    6,496
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Moutinho signs in Serie A so another good FA defender off the market.
    I never expected us to even look at him. Kind of surprised he went there though.

  3. #1623
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,557
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I never expected us to even look at him. Kind of surprised he went there though.
    It's because everyone thinks he's Joao Moutinho.

  4. #1624
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    1,528
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Re:... Reggie ... addendum...

    Jack Dodd | Assistant General Manager, Player Personnel & Scouting...
    @ Toronto? In recent pic with Hedges. UK connect? Liverpool, Crystal Palace, Birmingham?



    Colin Rooney | TFC Scout...
    @ Zagreb, Croatia? Scout for Europe?


    Martin Painter | TFC Scout...
    @ London, Ontario? Scout for North America & Asia?



    Matias Etcheberry | TFC Scout
    @ Argentina? Past connection with River Plate? Head of South America Scouting?



    Chris Pozniak | Head of Scouting, TFC Academy...
    @ Toronto, Ontario? Manages academy scouting? Former TFC/CMNT player. Of Polish heritage.



    here are some names,but who knows where they are located,probs,euro,SA.NA


    Dejan Jakovic | Academy Assistant Coach former CNMT player?
    @ Toronto? Former RED STAR BELGRADE/MLS-Various/CMNT-U23 player. Of Serbian Heritage (but Croatia born?).



    Jason Hernandez | Assistant General Manager, Player Personnel, Engagement & Strategy...
    @ Toronto. Former TFC/MLS/PRMNT player. TFC Manager for Player Engagement? PR/Schmoozer? In recent pic with Hedges and Dodd.

    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 12-02-2022 at 12:28 PM.

  5. #1625
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    6,496
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    It's because everyone thinks he's Joao Moutinho.
    I figured that if the player isn't a USMNT player, a CMNT player, or an Azzurri player then we're not currently interested.

  6. #1626
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    860
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Regarding MAK, in our best game of the year, against Charlotte, Kaye had passes leading to 3 of the goals. He had an awareness of where LI and Berna wanted the ball throughout. When healthy he should be fine. I’ll wait to judge him next year when he’s had a fair run of games.

  7. #1627
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    809
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Re:... Reggie ... addendum...

    Jack Dodd | Assistant General Manager, Player Personnel & Scouting...
    @ Toronto? In recent pic with Hedges. UK connect? Liverpool, Crystal Palace, Birmingham?



    Colin Rooney | TFC Scout...
    @ Zagreb, Croatia? Scout for Europe?


    Martin Painter | TFC Scout...
    @ London, Ontario? Scout for North America & Asia?



    Matias Etcheberry | TFC Scout
    @ Argentina? Past connection with River Plate? Head of South America Scouting?



    Chris Pozniak | Head of Scouting, TFC Academy...
    @ Toronto, Ontario? Manages academy scouting? Former TFC/CMNT player. Of Polish heritage.



    here are some names,but who knows where they are located,probs,euro,SA.NA


    Dejan Jakovic | Academy Assistant Coach former CNMT player?
    @ Toronto? Former RED STAR BELGRADE/MLS-Various/CMNT-U23 player. Of Serbian Heritage (but Croatia born?).



    Jason Hernandez | Assistant General Manager, Player Personnel, Engagement & Strategy...
    @ Toronto. Former TFC/MLS/PRMNT player. TFC Manager for Player Engagement? PR/Schmoozer? In recent pic with Hedges and Dodd.


    So what players have these individuals recommended that TFC signed?

  8. #1628
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    4,252
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This makes sense if Richie isn't sticking.


  9. #1629
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    4,252
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Reynolds is a natural RB, but like Richie can also play LB. And even if Laryea stays, we can just deploy one of them on their offside.

  10. #1630
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    1,528
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Reynolds is a natural RB, but like Richie can also play LB. And even if Laryea stays, we can just deploy one of them on their offside.

  11. #1631
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    1,528
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    So what players have these individuals recommended that TFC signed?

  12. #1632
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,512
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    reynolds/ laryea fll back pairing would be elite.

    also don't see us as being favourite to get him.

    most obvious destination would be fc dallas
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 12-02-2022 at 09:13 PM.

  13. #1633
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,365
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Reynolds joined Roma on an 8.5M transfer fee, so he'd have to come back via the Allocation Order, of which we hold the second spot. So at worst, we may be able to grab some free GAM using that spot.

  14. #1634
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,512
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Reynolds joined Roma on an 8.5M transfer fee, so he'd have to come back via the Allocation Order, of which we hold the second spot. So at worst, we may be able to grab some free GAM using that spot.
    actually, could be why we're so against signing seba

  15. #1635
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    116
    Posts
    19,753
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    actually, could be why we're so against signing seba
    Being against signing Seba might just have to do with Seba being not worth the roster slot / training time / minutes.

  16. #1636
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,512
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Being against signing Seba might just have to do with Seba being not worth the roster slot / training time / minutes.
    i certainly hope so! i'm fully against it personally.

  17. #1637
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16,409
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am not sure about guys with the profile of Reynolds. I still have scar tissue from the Alen Stefanovic loan deal.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  18. #1638
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    1,528
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This Reynolds story may have some legs...
    From a Calcio Mercato Journalist based in Rome...


  19. #1639
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,512
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    aaron long to galaxy looks to be happening, so take that one off the board.

    prefer hedges and callens tbh, long more expensive.

  20. #1640
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    1,528
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^
    Do not disagree.
    Just antsy.
    I want signings!
    Thoughts of doubt.
    Like 'a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush'.
    Or 'For Want Of A Nail'.
    Static buzzing in my brain.

  21. #1641
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    175
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would say no to Cavallini and Gio but Adekugbe 100%.

    Wish Giroud was possible

  22. #1642
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,512
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    so with the galaxy taking the 1 M GAM fine this year, makes more sense why they wouldn't re-sign vasquez despite him being a pretty decent depth piece there last season

  23. #1643
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Burlington
    Posts
    4,223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The article is paywalled but judging from some of the responses it sounds like Hedges ain't going back to FCD

    https://twitter.com/ArnoldcommaJon/s...Tl2z2CdfQ&s=19

  24. #1644
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    4,252
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sounds like decent news for TFC based on this guy who has FC Dallas connections.


  25. #1645
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,512
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Sounds like decent news for TFC based on this guy who has FC Dallas connections.

    aka someone offering a bit more than us? is that how i would read this?

    or closer to dallas but less money.

  26. #1646
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    4,252
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    aka someone offering a bit more than us? is that how i would read this?

    or closer to dallas but less money.
    I am reading it as it might be closer to wherever he resides for comparable money. It is a big move to go from Dallas to Toronto culture/weather wise. I assume we have the highest bid though.

  27. #1647
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    1,528
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    aka someone offering a bit more than us? is that how i would read this?

    or closer to dallas but less money.
    Me? Closer to family; his or hers/wife?
    Otherwise, perhaps, a cost of living/taxes (residence) v wage calculus?

  28. #1648
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    1,528
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    FC Dallas sign Ibeagha; confirmed.
    So…?

  29. #1649
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,059
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Me? Closer to family; his or hers/wife?
    Otherwise, perhaps, a cost of living/taxes (residence) v wage calculus?
    Taxes might be the issue. Canadian taxes are insane compared to some US states.

  30. #1650
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,362
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Taxes might be the issue. Canadian taxes are insane compared to some US states.
    The tax issues are often overstated as long as a player has a decent tax advisor and is willing to defer some of their income until after retirement (which realistically they should be doing).

    This illustrates that an NHL player making $6M in Ontario can have a tax liability well below the tax liability in California and about the same as a tax liability for a player in low tax environments like Texas or Florida (caution PDF). https://ca.rbcwealthmanagement.com/d...%20for+NHL.pdf

    The NBA has actually banned the use of RCAs because they deemed it an unfair advantage for the Raptors. Unsure if the MLS allows them, although the NHL and MLB does.
    Last edited by noxx98; 12-05-2022 at 06:03 PM.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •