Page 22 of 174 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I did notice that TFC seemed to push Bernadeschi as the main source of marketing over the past few weeks.
    I thought they were doing that because Fede is such a ham, and so good at the off field stuff. But now that you point it out…
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/WakingtheRed/sta...qNvpX81fQ&s=19

This was him a week ago.

I highly doubt he's leaving.

Not to mention that he'd not play for any Italian team other than napoli, whose new left winger is their best player.

But...if he was leaving we could likely do a defoe and get a good player in return, or at very least a semi decent fee (10 M plus).
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 10-28-2022 at 12:58 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    https://twitter.com/WakingtheRed/sta...qNvpX81fQ&s=19

This was him a week ago.

I highly doubt he's leaving.

Not to mention that he'd not play for any Italian team other than napoli, whose new left winger is their best player.
    Yeah but that guy will be long gone this summer. The big hawks are circling hard already.

As for the link, he doesn't have to leave on bad terms like most of our old players. He could love it here but has to do what's best for his family. Happens.

Hopefully he stays though.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 10-28-2022 at 01:00 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah but that guy will be long gone this summer. The big hawks are circling hard already.

What?

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The money is huge here, I agree. Not sure why he can’t just fly the fam out here multiple times a year with his 14m

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What?
    Kvaratskhelia isn't going to be at Napoli long. The big guys have taken notice. Already heard Pep talking about him and the rumor mill has all the usual suspects waiting to pounce.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    The money is huge here, I agree. Not sure why he can’t just fly the fam out here multiple times a year with his 14m
    Just can't see this unless something terrible happened beuind the scenes.

He was out a raptors game having a great time with his family a week ago..

Who is this source?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kvaratskhelia isn't going to be at Napoli long. The big guys have taken notice. Already heard Pep talking about him and the rumor mill has all the usual suspects waiting to pounce.
    Oh I thought you mentioned around insigne lmao.

Still hard to see him leaving, I'd put this rumour under very unlikely for now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I thought you mentioned around insigne lmao.

Still hard to see him leaving, I'd put this rumour under very unlikely for now.
    Yeah I meant him. If I were to guess I would say Insigne's old wing spot at Napoli will be available by August.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They mentioned this in the broadcast for the last Napoli game as well. Real Madrid and others all asking about availability.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I meant him. If I were to guess I would say Insigne's old wing spot at Napoli will be available by August.
    they'll also have about 80 M to spend on a replacement haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insigne's wife was still in Toronto earlier this week and his kids were attending a private school in Toronto earlier this year. I doubt he's left. Criscito and his family is still here as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey if you are the insider who knew about the Insigne signing and posted here please give us an update.

I doubt Insigne leaves, that would be nuts, only teams he would go to for similar money would be Napoli or Spurs.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Hey if you are the insider who knew about the Insigne signing and posted here please give us an update.

I doubt Insigne leaves, that would be nuts, only teams he would go to for similar money would be Napoli or Spurs.
    And be has decently big offers when he came here (from Newcastle, atletico, etc).

Unless something terrible happened or he's absolutely hating it, don't see it happening.

Also don't get the feeling he's not enjoying himself.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insigne's end of season presser was VERY onpoint about how next year is important and the whole team will be better then.

Paint me sceptical - with a soft brush & some green undertones please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He didn't post on social media for about 2 weeks, which made me wonder if something was going on but then he was at the Raptors game smiling away, and as others have mentioned he looks pretty happy in other pics.

If he is leaving he certainly isn't giving off that impression.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Insigne's wife was still in Toronto earlier this week and his kids were attending a private school in Toronto earlier this year. I doubt he's left. Criscito and his family is still here as well.
    Insigne's wife posted an Instagram story from Toronto today. The family is still here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kind of falls under the roster side of things - TFC is hiring a new Senior Manager of Analytics. Unsure if this is a new role or filling a vacant position. Either way, good to see TFC investing in this - we should be a top spender in MLS for off field functions. https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/MLS...ics-toronto-fc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insigne's wife posted an Instagram story from Toronto today. The family is still here.
    That's good!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kind of falls under the roster side of things - TFC is hiring a new Senior Manager of Analytics. Unsure if this is a new role or filling a vacant position. Either way, good to see TFC investing in this - we should be a top spender in MLS for off field functions. https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/MLS...ics-toronto-fc
    TFC has been pretty good on the analytics side (remember Jozy's MLS cup parade speech?). Devin Pleuler, the current guy is moving up to handle analytics for all MLSE teams, this is back filling the position. John Molinaro had a good article on him recently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This board put ways too much stalk into baseless rumours.

Remember when someone said Criscito was leaving and everyone panicked?

Over the past few weeks Insigne and Criscito have not only been working out at TFC training facility, but also at Raptors games, doing Halloween stuff around Toronto.... I really don't think they are going anywhere.

Berna being the face of TFC marketing is probably 1.) He speaks English far more. 2.) He seems to have the personality more for it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status...YJilBjwGg&s=19

Looks like insigne and criscito are still training with TFC right now.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    This board put ways too much stalk into baseless rumours.

Remember when someone said Criscito was leaving and everyone panicked?

Over the past few weeks Insigne and Criscito have not only been working out at TFC training facility, but also at Raptors games, doing Halloween stuff around Toronto.... I really don't think they are going anywhere.

Berna being the face of TFC marketing is probably 1.) He speaks English far more. 2.) He seems to have the personality more for it.
    Insigne doesn't need to be the media darling of the this club. Berna seems to like doing it, so let him do it.

Puts less pressure on Insigne. I think that's how we get the best out of him on the pitch - taking away the pressures that he had at Napoli off of him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Insigne doesn't need to be the media darling of the this club. Berna seems to like doing it, so let him do it.

Puts less pressure on Insigne. I think that's how we get the best out of him on the pitch - taking away the pressures that he had at Napoli off of him.
    Also I think being a media darling for him would be hard to do until he learns English. Bernadeschi already has that as well as a likeable, hammy quality that works well for PR stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status...YJilBjwGg&s=19

Looks like insigne and criscito are still training with TFC right now.
    Hopefully all they are doing is fitness maintenance.

Full session training still when they've played over 15 months straight is just asking for issues.
    Last edited by Richard; 10-31-2022 at 12:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

During the end of season interviews Bob mentioned the remaining training sessions would look different for each player depending on what their needs are. I'd assume for the CANMNT players it's about staying in top shape for Qatar. For the young players it's about further development. For the Italians it's probably about fitness maintenance and recovery - Insigne was still dealing with some groin issues at points.
    EDIT: Also, the Italians had about 2 months between the end of the Serie A season and their first game with TFC. In comparison, Serie A teams were starting to have pre-season games around the time of our first game. So they had a relatively "normal" off season length.
    Last edited by noxx98; 10-31-2022 at 01:48 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Also I think being a media darling for him would be hard to do until he learns English. Bernadeschi already has that as well as a likeable, hammy quality that works well for PR stuff.
    I hope the fan base doesn't expect him to dance in circles just because of what he's paid.

Just let the guy play and do his thing - as long as does the job on the pitch, I could care less if his interviews and media engagements are minimal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given that he's lost the starting job to Dayne St. Clair but is a solid starting keeper in this league -- and Bob's former keeper at LAFC -- I wonder if we're angling to sign Tyler Miller somehow.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/tyler-m...spieler/353479

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Given that he's lost the starting job to Dayne St. Clair but is a solid starting keeper in this league -- and Bob's former keeper at LAFC -- I wonder if we're angling to sign Tyler Miller somehow.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/tyler-m...spieler/353479
    Was never sold on him but to be fair, he is better than Bono.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was never sold on him but to be fair, he is better than Bono.
    Across a full season he's averaged 10 shutouts per season at both Minnesota and LA, so yeah, a lot better than Bono.

Then again, better defenses too.

He got the flu at Game Three of this season after two 1-1 draws, and never got a chance to get the job back. As good a prospect as Sinclair is, he must feel hard done by because of that.