Page 11 of 174 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Isn't Mavinga also guaranteed more than a million? Something like that.

That's $1.9M free already.

Not that they have a lot of wiggle room: A starting goalie, two central defenders, a starting striker, a defensive midfielder. Five players will eat that money and a little more, I imagine.
    bob will blow that jus to bring in blessing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mavinga is so inconsistent it’s ridiculous. He only looks good when he gets a solid run of games and finds form, like a striker in that regard.

I understand the family issues, but there is no number for me. Some of his performances were so beyond egregious and he never looked good only average. Move on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    TFC announced their roster moves. Surprised Okello being cut loose.

https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toront...exf-8lul0ijxgi
    I'm a little, but not a lot. He seems to be very naturally athletically gifted but hasn't seized a single opportunity. He's clearly not making the necessary steps to develop. I don't even know what his best position is. It would seem from his height and coordination that he'd be either central defender, a defensive midfielder or a target man striker. But he's none of those... event though they all seem to fit his skill set.

Weird case.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't Mavinga also guaranteed more than a million? Something like that.

That's $1.9M free already.

Not that they have a lot of wiggle room: A starting goalie, two central defenders, a starting striker, a defensive midfielder. Five players will eat that money and a little more, I imagine.
    i reckon jiminez will be off too. and i think mavinga could easily re-sign at 3-400Kish.

hopefully they can pick up 2-3 players in free agency.

i wonder if they will use jiminez as trade bait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Mavinga is so inconsistent it’s ridiculous. He only looks good when he gets a solid run of games and finds form, like a striker in that regard.

I understand the family issues, but there is no number for me. Some of his performances were so beyond egregious and he never looked good only average. Move on.
    He doesn't have the speed or strength anymore to dominate. He's still skilled and has the odd excellent game, but it's too mixed to be a starter on his kind of wage.

I doubt he'll come back on a backup's money, as it'll be low based on our other needs.

A shame, sorta. I think he faces some emotional challenges, has always been an emotional guy. Always liked him. When he was playing really well, he was one of the best in the league. Decent career, too.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    bob will blow that jus to bring in blessing
    i think blessing is not an unlikely signing and would be quality.

out of contract this year, 414K salary, so would cost us at most 460K ish in wages and can cover ably in CM.

could slot in for MAK, or bradley (and mak slides into bradley role). also pops up with a fair share of goals.

https://fbref.com/en/players/5153d32e/Latif-Blessing
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 10-14-2022 at 05:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    i reckon jiminez will be off too.
    Maybe. My sense is that Bob wants to keep him because he's a good finisher, he just hasn't ever had to develop poacher movement inside the box.

I think he has less confidence in Ayo, who has more trade value in MLS because Americans think he's a hot prospect. I think he's going to turn into a journeyman forward; decent skills but insufficient work ethic to improve his game, little humility in doing so.

As with Jimenez most of his goals in the 9-goal MLS is Back run were transition goals where he beat the backline trap. There's not much call for that in high-pressing, possession heavy team. They need a guy who can dominate in the air, is quick and can finish, a Vasquez/Buksa type.

He probably sees JJ both as a decent second option whose game can be worked on and a guy who can play wide when necessary or in the hole, so tactically flexible. Ayo started on the wing when younger but is truly terrible there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One positive. They listed Kosi Thompson as a midfielder in the press release. Hopefully they realize that the RB experiment was a mistake (well at least the press release writer does)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Salary off the books

Ifunayachi Achara $84,000
    Alex Bono $557,000
    Chris Mavinga $1,037,500
    Noble Okello $126,815
    Jonathan Osorio $1,026,250
    Quentin Westberg $313,583
    Doneil Henry - unknown (LAFC salary was $403,000, but we probably only paid a portion of that, probably the minimum)

Auro Jr $428,750 (possibly)
    Kemar Lawrence $482,500 (who knows how much of this we are still paying - his contract goes until 2024) - maybe we can use our offseason buyout to get this off the books
    Last edited by rydermike; 10-14-2022 at 06:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okello is probably the least competitive player I've ever seen. He has the tools and a frame to make himself such a unique player, but somehow he's always invisible and disinterested. It's a shame. I would be surprised if he genuinely enjoys playing professionally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Ali Curtis should be brought back, publicly shamed, and fired again for signing that Luke Singh contract.

This is all-time embarrassing. What the hell was he thinking?
    I actually think there were more embarrassing signings, like giving Dom Dwyer a 2 year contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    I actually think there were more embarrassing signings, like giving Dom Dwyer a 2 year contract.
    Yeah, that one sucked too. But all this really speak to the fact Manning is a clueless dolt and our team doesn’t have proper controls in place. GM should have never got away with that stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

life's too short.

Exactly move on. Others can have different opinions and view point clearly it triggers you as I see you created a conspiracy threat grow up lol .

Everyone has their own opinion and if you cannotn provide video evidence and paraphrase what was said it doesn't help the conversation in a positive direction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Salary off the books

Ifunayachi Achara $84,000
    Alex Bono $557,000
    Chris Mavinga $1,037,500
    Noble Okello $126,815
    Jonathan Osorio $1,026,250
    Quentin Westberg $313,583
    Doneil Henry - unknown (LAFC salary was $403,000, but we probably only paid a portion of that, probably the minimum)

Auro Jr $428,750 (possibly)
    Kemar Lawrence $482,500 (who knows how much of this we are still paying - his contract goes until 2024) - maybe we can use our offseason buyout to get this off the books
    they should be getting some more cash back for poz and shaff

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Exactly move on. Others can have different opinions and view point clearly it triggers you as I see you created a conspiracy threat grow up lol .

Everyone has their own opinion and if you cannotn provide video evidence and paraphrase what was said it doesn't help the conversation in a positive direction.
    there are tons of really bizarre and baseless conspiracy theories that clearly don't belong in this thread and are basically making it unreadable, so they should have their own thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they should be getting some more cash back for poz and shaff
    Pozuelo and Salcedo's salary cap hit was basically swapped with Bernardeschi and Insigne, so it doesn't really free up any extra.

Shaff was on a Supplemental Roster spot (not one of the main 20 spot) and a Homegrown, so his salary doesn't count to the cap
    Last edited by rydermike; 10-14-2022 at 07:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe. My sense is that Bob wants to keep him because he's a good finisher, he just hasn't ever had to develop poacher movement inside the box.

I think he has less confidence in Ayo, who has more trade value in MLS because Americans think he's a hot prospect. I think he's going to turn into a journeyman forward; decent skills but insufficient work ethic to improve his game, little humility in doing so.

As with Jimenez most of his goals in the 9-goal MLS is Back run were transition goals where he beat the backline trap. There's not much call for that in high-pressing, possession heavy team. They need a guy who can dominate in the air, is quick and can finish, a Vasquez/Buksa type.

He probably sees JJ both as a decent second option whose game can be worked on and a guy who can play wide when necessary or in the hole, so tactically flexible. Ayo started on the wing when younger but is truly terrible there.
    Let’s hope so. That all sounds reasonable. And yeah, someone like Adama Diomande who can poach, press and play as a target man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly would like Auro back. I doubt it happens, but he is a top 10-15 RB in MLS on his day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=rydermike;1972761]Pozuelo and Salcedo's salary cap hit was basically swapped with Bernardeschi and Insigne, so it doesn't really free up any extra.

Shaff was on a Supplemental Roster spot (not one of the main 20 spot) and a Homegrown, so his salary doesn't count to the cap[/QUOTE

i meant they may get back more cash back from miami and NV

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=reggie;1972765]
    Pozuelo and Salcedo's salary cap hit was basically swapped with Bernardeschi and Insigne, so it doesn't really free up any extra.

Shaff was on a Supplemental Roster spot (not one of the main 20 spot) and a Homegrown, so his salary doesn't count to the cap[/QUOTE

i meant they may get back more cash back from miami and NV

i think we already got money back for poz, but yes- we should get some money for shaff for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I honestly would like Auro back. I doubt it happens, but he is a top 10-15 RB in MLS on his day.
    I would want him back as well. Can play both sides too. Not an elite defender, but he gets the job done. You can't have a star at every position and he'd be an ideal backup for both sides for Richie and Criscito. Will Bob take him back or was him being sent out the beginning of the end of his time here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think we already got money back for poz, but yes- we should get some money for shaff for sure.
    Oh, you both were talking about GAM. I was thinking in terms of pure salary (too many MLSisms at play lol), but yes we should get some GAM for Shaff to open up a bit more cap space - I don't expect much though (maybe 100-150k GAM)
    Last edited by rydermike; 10-14-2022 at 08:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=rydermike;1972769]

Oh, you both were talking about GAM. I was thinking in terms of pure salary (too many MLSisms at play lol), but yes we should get some GAM for Shaff to open up a bit more cap space - I don't expect much though (maybe 100-150k GAM)
    The miami gm said that more tam/gam may go back to tfc if certain things happen.like he resigns or they make the playoffs
    Last edited by reggie; 10-14-2022 at 07:52 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=reggie;1972770]

The miami gm said that more tam/gam may go back to tfc if certain things happen.like he resigns or they make the playoffs
    oh cool! thanks for that info.
    would be great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'll get a little bit more, but not that much. Delgado went for $400K+$100k conditional GAM (with starter value). We already got 225k GAM for Shaff for the original loan (which probably mostly was for the International spot we sent too), who at that point was a bench player for us, we won't get a lot more on the purchase completion from them, maybe another 100-150k at most (which would be 325-375k total) which would've been pre-agreed to already. It's Shaffleburg, we're not getting a Alistair Johnston/MA Kaye/Zimmerman type return of $1 million GAM/TAM
    Last edited by rydermike; 10-14-2022 at 08:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no inside sources or whatever, but I was told through a Twitter DM that we should be paying close attention to Alexander Callens this weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would want him back as well. Can play both sides too. Not an elite defender, but he gets the job done. You can't have a star at every position and he'd be an ideal backup for both sides for Richie and Criscito. Will Bob take him back or was him being sent out the beginning of the end of his time here.
    Think Auro was part of the purge. Why else would you pay good MLS salary cap money to have your only starting backs (him and Lawrence) play for other clubs?
    Last edited by los sonadores; 10-14-2022 at 08:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I have no inside sources or whatever, but I was told through a Twitter DM that we should be paying close attention to Alexander Callens this weekend.
    Funny I was watching him as well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Funny I was watching him as well.
    would be an incredible pickup.

i pray

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Think Auro was part of the purge. Why else would you pay good MLS salary cap money to have your only starting backs (him and Lawrence) play for other clubs?
    He was definitely part of the purge. I just don't agree with him being part of the purge. Do I want him back? Yes. Do I think he'll be back? Not at all (my previous posts in this thread, for example when I listed my expansion draft list and the post you quoted saying Bob won't want him back, say that).