Page 47 of 150 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 4480
  1. #1381
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    1,569
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So possibly/targeting back-line candidates of...

    --------------------------Johnson----------------------------
    ---Laryea-------Hedges-----Long/Callens---Callens/Mavinga---

  2. #1382
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    So possibly/targeting back-line candidates of...

    --------------------------Johnson----------------------------
    ---Laryea-------Hedges-----Long/Callens---Callens/Mavinga---
    No. Mavinga's too old to revert to left back and he wasn't very good at it to begin with.

    Callens is a 6'1 central defender, not a left back. The only time he plays on the left is when NYFC has him in a three-man set backline.

    It would be great to get either, or both, but they'd be anchoring the middle.

    We still need a left back. Richie is good on that side, so if we had a right back we'd be just as well.

  3. #1383
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    643
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He missed one game to injury this season. The guy filling in for him played well, and they have a 'perform and play' mantra at Dallas, so it took a few games to win his spot back.

    In 25 of his 26 starts, he played 90 mins.

    And he never gets cards, fewer than two per season.

    He'd be a great signing.
    Ah, good news… it must have been his 2021 I was remembering.

  4. #1384
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Posts
    455
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toront...swtysnvuzmuqae

    Victor Vazquez is back. Didn't see this one coming.

  5. #1385
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    676
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    VV back to Toronto???

  6. #1386
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North York ON
    Posts
    476
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Have no idea how good he was for Galaxy, but my heart is ruling my head on this one. He's our second best ever player imo (And maybe my favourite) so love the idea of seeing him in red again.

    In more practical terms, this one really, really depends on price. I'm skeptical how much output he has left. But on a Cheyrou like deal and expectation? I can see it

  7. #1387
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,538
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    vasquez as cheap attacking mid option.

    looked amazing when he came back with LA galaxy this year.

  8. #1388
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,063
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Welcome home, Victor! (Hopefully)

  9. #1389
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,538
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Have no idea how good he was for Galaxy, but my heart is ruling my head on this one. He's our second best ever player imo (And maybe my favourite) so love the idea of seeing him in red again.

    In more practical terms, this one really, really depends on price. I'm skeptical how much output he has left. But on a Cheyrou like deal and expectation? I can see it
    from what ive seen, he's looked very sharp when he's played, but can;t play more than 60/70 mins.

    he looked amazing at BMO earlier this year.

    6 g/a in 1100 mins this year, basically 1 every 2 games.

    assuming would be a less than huge contract, i love this signing (if it happens).
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 11-22-2022 at 02:12 PM.

  10. #1390
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,369
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If they can agree on a reasonable deal, he'd be good as a veteran presence. If not, he'll just go the way of Juan Aguadelo and we can get like 50,000 GAM for his rights

  11. #1391
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,369
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Houston took Ifunayachi Achara. He was on a minimum deal, wasn't he? I guess his option was slightly higher then which is why they didn't take him in Round 1 I guess.

  12. #1392
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    1,569
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by morgank1986 View Post
    https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toront...swtysnvuzmuqae

    Victor Vazquez is back. Didn't see this one coming.

  13. #1393
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    13,947
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don’t get it. You want to get more out of LI and Bradley you need speed in midfield. Unless the intention here is for depth / cover, then it starts makes sense.

    I like VV, not sure there is a fit with our roster.

  14. #1394
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    1,569
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    No. Mavinga's too old to revert to left back and he wasn't very good at it to begin with.

    Callens is a 6'1 central defender, not a left back. The only time he plays on the left is when NYFC has him in a three-man set backline.

    It would be great to get either, or both, but they'd be anchoring the middle.

    We still need a left back. Richie is good on that side, so if we had a right back we'd be just as well.
    Maybe. Not so sure.
    I think a repurposed Mavinga might do OK at LB. At the very least in a pinch; as depth.
    I understand it is not his preference but hey you do what may be needed of you.
    Contribute how you best can; the role that needs to be to played.
    Just a little less defensive weight on his shoulders. I enjoy the way he carries the ball forward when he does.
    He was not that bad at Troyes.
    It was one of those... a good enough squad to get promoted and then a bad enough squad to get relegated.
    Lots of them instances in Association Football.

    I thought there was chatter that towards the end of the season Callens played some- a number of matches as LB in their 4-3-3?
    Looked good. Even got some goals?

  15. #1395
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    4,269
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As a cheap bench option, VV is fine and you nostalgia guys can get off to it. I really doubt they bring him in to start anymore than a handful of games.

  16. #1396
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,027
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Have no idea how good he was for Galaxy, but my heart is ruling my head on this one. He's our second best ever player imo (And maybe my favourite) so love the idea of seeing him in red again.

    In more practical terms, this one really, really depends on price. I'm skeptical how much output he has left. But on a Cheyrou like deal and expectation? I can see it
    Tied with Cheyrou as my favourite TFC players, happy to see him return!

  17. #1397
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Frozen Swampland
    Posts
    17,323
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I see it as an insurance signing in case Oso does not sign a new contract. Will need someone else with comparable skills as Oso, but VV should be a decent back up CAM for a year.

    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

    I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

    And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

    -Eduardo Galeano

  18. #1398
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    10,923
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post


    Houston took Ifunayachi Achara. He was on a minimum deal, wasn't he? I guess his option was slightly higher then which is why they didn't take him in Round 1 I guess.
    He was on 84K in 2022. Figure Houston thought he was interesting and basically secured a 7-day exclusive window, no harm, no foul if it does not work out.

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  19. #1399
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    6,503
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Trade up for Bobby Wood? Is Arena addicted to washed up USMNT players?

  20. #1400
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I see it as an insurance signing in case Oso does not sign a new contract. Will need someone else with comparable skills as Oso, but VV should be a decent back up CAM for a year.
    At Galaxy, he played wide in the front three when he came in, usually as late relief.

    They probably see him as the ideal late sub for Insigne. Similar skill set. Victor has no speed any more but he was never that quick to begin with. He can still drop a ball on a dime though, and cut inside and shoot.

    I really like this, give him a chance to finish where the legend happened.

  21. #1401
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Maybe. Not so sure.
    I think a repurposed Mavinga might do OK at LB. At the very least in a pinch; as depth.
    I understand it is not his preference but hey you do what may be needed of you.
    Contribute how you best can; the role that needs to be to played.
    Just a little less defensive weight on his shoulders. I enjoy the way he carries the ball forward when he does.
    He was not that bad at Troyes.
    It was one of those... a good enough squad to get promoted and then a bad enough squad to get relegated.
    Lots of them instances in Association Football.

    I thought there was chatter that towards the end of the season Callens played some- a number of matches as LB in their 4-3-3?
    Looked good. Even got some goals?
    I get the argument on Mavinga, but it's been five years since he played wide. He can't be the regular guy there. Backup? Sure, I think a few of us suggested that last year before we got criscito. But he's not fast or mobile enough anymore; he got beaten for pace and strength by 39-year-old Kei Kamara; he'd get destroyed by fast wingers.

    Callens played in a 3-4-3 towards the end of the year for them, and in that set, the wide centre half also acts as the wingback sometimes. But he's a central defender, it's been his bread and butter. It's very rare that repurposing someone at 30 is a good idea, particularly a proven international defender.

  22. #1402
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Trade up for Bobby Wood? Is Arena addicted to washed up USMNT players?
    I got dressed down by someone online when I suggested he was washed up at RSL. "He's an American international who played in Germany" yadda yadda

    Two years and six goals later....

    Why he'd think he offers him anything after the twin debacles that were Jozy and Omar....

    Some dudes just want to get caught with the gang on their last bank job.

  23. #1403
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    6,503
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Why he'd think he offers him anything after the twin debacles that were Jozy and Omar....
    Going for the trifecta.

  24. #1404
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,105
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Confirmed additions

    Tomas Romero
    Victor Vazquez

    possible additions
    Matt Hedges

    i like the additions to our club so far, but this is just a start will be interesting what happens between now and the start of preseason

  25. #1405
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,369
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    Confirmed additions

    Tomas Romero
    Victor Vazquez

    possible additions
    Matt Hedges

    i like the additions to our club so far, but this is just a start will be interesting what happens between now and the start of preseason
    Vazquez isn't confirmed addition. Since it was a Round 2 pick, it just means we can negotiate with him and get his Right of First Refusal rights. He's not signed for 2023.

  26. #1406
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,027
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ronaldo’s available now, lol

  27. #1407
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,538
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    https://twitter.com/Total_TFC/status...95126783135744

    Sitting at the other end of the row of Matt Hedges last night appears to be Jack Dodd, Toronto FC Assistant GM and Director of Scouting (and looks like next to him might've been Jason Hernandez)

  28. #1408
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    116
    Posts
    19,771
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hernandez is the designated "Toronto is a great city for you as a player & even more so for your family - here's how" guy.

    That's a good sign actually.

  29. #1409
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    4,269
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    https://twitter.com/Total_TFC/status...95126783135744

    Sitting at the other end of the row of Matt Hedges last night appears to be Jack Dodd, Toronto FC Assistant GM and Director of Scouting (and looks like next to him might've been Jason Hernandez)
    Really got my hopes up for Hedges. Probably gonna come down to who gives him the most money between TFC and Cincy.

  30. #1410
    RPB Member
    Moderator

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    18,360
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Vazquez isn't confirmed addition. Since it was a Round 2 pick, it just means we can negotiate with him and get his Right of First Refusal rights. He's not signed for 2023.
    High probability he'll sign. You don't pick up a Round 2 pick without talking to the player first.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •