Page 6 of 174 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Be warned. I used to put this theory on here, but got tiredof getting savaged for it.
    Savaged for it being unrealistic, or for causing feelings of dread when you say it? My issue with this proposal is it is all too realistic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    BB will move to GM and appoint MB head coach with no badges.

I'm kidding...

Or am I?
    Coach has meddling track record at start of tenure at TFC. Coach becomes GM, puts new coach in to extend his runway.

Where have I seen this before… oh that’s right, Mo Johnston.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did manning have his end of the season presser, i dont see it online

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    did manning have his end of the season presser, i dont see it online
    I seen some quotes online. No video. Singh made it sound like they are gonna spend a lot less on this 3rd DP slot. Might be time to check out some strikers from Austria, Belgium and the Netherlands.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Savaged for it being unrealistic, or for causing feelings of dread when you say it? My issue with this proposal is it is all too realistic
    I said this more or less the day after BB was signed, and then again at the beginning of the year. Got mostly slammed, accused of being ridiculous.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Be warned. I used to put this theory on here, but got tiredof getting savaged for it.
    Well Bob Bradley said today he intends to be the head coach throughout his contract here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure how accurate this is:

Jonathan Osorio Dec 31, 2022
    Jayden Nelson Dec 31, 2022
    Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty Dec 31, 2022
    Chris Mavinga-Adebayor Dec 31, 2022
    Doneil Henry Dec 31, 2022
    Noble Okello Dec 31, 2022
    Kadin Chung Nov 30, 2022 club option 2 years
    Ifunanyachi Achara Dec 31, 2022
    Quentin Westberg Dec 31, 2022
    Themi Antonoglou Nov 30, 2022

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought we had to say who wasn't getting their option used within 2 days of the end of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Not sure how accurate this is:

Jonathan Osorio Dec 31, 2022
    Jayden Nelson Dec 31, 2022
    Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty Dec 31, 2022
    Chris Mavinga-Adebayor Dec 31, 2022
    Doneil Henry Dec 31, 2022
    Noble Okello Dec 31, 2022
    Kadin Chung Nov 30, 2022 club option 2 years
    Ifunanyachi Achara Dec 31, 2022
    Quentin Westberg Dec 31, 2022
    Themi Antonoglou Nov 30, 2022
    Chung is signed through 2023 with 24 and 25 options - https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toront...er-kadin-chung
    JMR has a 6-year contract - https://theathletic.com/2530082/2021...tty-toronto-fc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I thought we had to say who wasn't getting their option used within 2 days of the end of the season.
    November 14 is the day they have until this season. https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/2022-...r-player-moves

Last year, it was December 1st when we announced it (our last game was Nov 7) https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toront...ster-decisions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expansion Draft rules:
    Can protect 12 players
    Homegrown players under 25 are exempt
    Must protect 3 internationals
    No Trade Clauses must be protected

We have 18 players eligible

My list:
    1) Bernardeschi
    2) Insigne
    3) Jimenez
    4) Laryea
    5) Kaye
    6) Bradley - for the anti-MB crew, he's gonna be protected, you all know they're going to (don't fight it) - plus probably has a NTC
    7) Criscito
    8) O'Neill
    9) MacNaughton
    10) Mavinga
    11) Henry
    12) Achara

Exempt: MarshallRutty, Luke Singh, Petrasso, Thompson, Okello, Shaff*, Antonoglou, Nelson, Akinola, Kerr, Perruzza, Mbongue
    Not protected
    1) Osorio - out of contract and free agent. won't be selected (Austin picked a FA in 2020, Joe Corona, he just signed with Houston a week later - was a waste of a pick)
    2) Bono - out of contract and high salary
    3) Ranjitsingh - third keeper
    4) Auro - either going to be bought by Santos, or option declined (was shipped out by BB, he's not coming back)
    5) Kadin Chung - he basically got sent to TFC2 and never returned, not in the team's plans
    6) Westberg - pretty sure contract expired as well, just not FA (ReEntry Draft eligible)

With all our exempted players, it was really easy to basically decide who to protect. Heck, I think Henry signed a 6 month contract and I protected him because there were limited options.

Edit: Just re-read the rules. If Osorio gets picked, we lose the MLS FA rights for current teams. I'll probably swap him with Henry then.
    Last edited by rydermike; 10-13-2022 at 06:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

manning s presser is up now.he sure thinks he is great

the good points
    some of the bmo reno will stay increase seating
    probs around 23k ssh next season
    interest in JMR and JN abroad

everything else is mostly BS and has
    no clue
    Last edited by reggie; 10-12-2022 at 10:12 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Chung is signed through 2023 with 24 and 25 options - https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toront...er-kadin-chung
    JMR has a 6-year contract - https://theathletic.com/2530082/2021...tty-toronto-fc
    Now that JMR is 18 I wonder what the current status is of a possible big time transfer is for him? An $1-3M transfer where he most likely would end up initially on a U-19 academy side, maybe the U23 PL2 squad is one thing, the $15-20M transfer that some have suggested is something totally different. The hype for him has been quite big as he did train with Liverpool and other EPL clubs last off-season, will be curious to see how this plays out especially after his 2022 season with the Reds?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Now that JMR is 18 I wonder what the current status is of a possible big time transfer is for him? An $1-3M transfer where he most likely would end up initially on a U-19 academy side, maybe the U23 PL2 squad is one thing, the $15-20M transfer that some have suggested is something totally different. The hype for him has been quite big as he did train with Liverpool and other EPL clubs last off-season, will be curious to see how this plays out especially after his 2022 season with the Reds?
    I didn't see it then and I still don't see it. Maybe somebody goes in for $1M or so as a roll of the dice but I can't really see much more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Strong evidence against that speculation: Nobody gets coaching jobs for 26 straight years if they are a complete doofus.
    This is pretty telling. There's is a chance time could pass him by but his recent success at LAFC says otherwise currently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eric Giacometti hinting that news is coming... NER released their roster decisions today, for reference.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Thoughts on BB not thinking we need any midfielders? Surely we desperately need some?
    Yes but we need the others first, especially GK since we have no starters left and defense since it's terrible. After that I would go CF and then mids, unless something pops up in the waiver draft.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes but we need the others first, especially GK since we have no starters left and defense since it's terrible. After that I would go CF and then mids, unless something pops up in the waiver draft.
    Well, I hope we can do it...but even if we pull off getting all these guys, then gelling into a team will take quite a bit of time. Time we don't have if we start out of the gate really slow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Ultra & Proud;1972574]Yes but we need the others first, especially GK since we have no starters left and defense since it's terrible. After that I would go CF and then mids, unless something pops up in the waiver draft.

so many holes to fill.keeper.2 cbs maybe 2 fbs at least 2 mids and a striker...i doubt that happens in 1 window

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    I only listened to part of BB's interview however - he was asked "Do you think it's fair to make improvements up the spine of the team - striker, defence, goal keeper?" Bob answered with "That's very fair". So he didn't say he's comfortable with where the midfield was at. Also, given how many issues this team has, I don't think he could go out and list every single one - his interview was already 40 minutes long, he'd be there all day listing every issue.
    yeah. those are the places where we need starters.

i reckon we'll bring in 1-3 players who can slot into CM (depending on if oso leaves)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    yeah. those are the places where we need starters.

i reckon we'll bring in 1-3 players who can slot into CM (depending on if oso leaves)
    yeah, definitely need them. Have a feeling Oso has made up his mind and is gone unfortunately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    I only listened to part of BB's interview however - he was asked "Do you think it's fair to make improvements up the spine of the team - striker, defence, goal keeper?" Bob answered with "That's very fair". So he didn't say he's comfortable with where the midfield was at. Also, given how many issues this team has, I don't think he could go out and list every single one - his interview was already 40 minutes long, he'd be there all day listing every issue.
    That's true, good point.

Then the question was an incomplete one then. To me the "spine" includes the CM as a critical piece. And again at the risk of my comments being called deranged/crazy/moronic/clueless, (am I misisng any? and this is only from the last two days...lol) hear me out. The Reyes de Europa, Real won 5 CLs in 9 years with Caseimiro as the DM shielding everything in front of him. Its a critical role.

We just gave up our record tying goals against, part of that is our midfield getting overrun constantly. As my good friend Portu said, we have defensive liabilities out there, need to get that sorted out crucially.

I don't disagree we need keepers and D, given how bad defensively we are and leaking goals (4 goals against 4 times in the last what 6 games or so), but midfield is part of our problem and needs to get fixed too.

But its not all doom and gloom, Berna and Insigne are great up top and with a striker/target man to go with them will have us scoring a tonne.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    so many holes to fill.keeper.2 cbs maybe 2 fbs at least 2 mids and a striker...i doubt that happens in 1 window
    If we have cap space it's doable but they have to hope for some good & "interested in he project" players from the waiver draft and free agent markets.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we're currently spending 1.9 M on 2 gks + Mavinga.

you can sign a great 1st choice Gk, a backup and 2 quality MLS CBs for those wages.

instead we've been getting terrible goalkeeping and 1 good game out of 5 from mavinga.

i'd imagine those are what bob was referring to when he talked about preexisting contracts hampering recruitment.

no one is touching westberg, mavinga or bono at those wages, and they had already used their buyout on dwyer (incredibly at 350K/ year).

let's look at last year's business and rate the signings based on how they performed based on expectations:

macnaughton- brought in as 4th choice CB, performed ably when playing in a good team, exposed when playing with young/ worse players. cheap. - Good Signing

O'neill- see macnaughton, but 3rd choice. does his job. needs to be playing with a CB better than him.- good signing

chung- not even first choice on TFC II at this point. bad signing (but cheap)

Jiminez- looked great until he ran out of steam, then looked uninterested, and struggled to link up with the italians, won't be here long term- bad signing

Salcedo- didn't look great, although was playing with multiple teenagers basically his whole time here. would have been. bad luck having to go back to mexico due to family health issues- bad signing (although i think he would have been great in a more senior/ good team)

Laryea- has looked very good- good signing

Criscito- looked very good- good signing

Bernardeschi- has bought in fully to the project and city and has looked the part- good signing

Insigne- has bought in fully to the project and city and has looked the part- good signing

MAK- hasn't looked great (been injured and hasnt had a run in a settled team), but is a proven top level MLS CM over the past 4 seasons. - gonna say good signing (he's fairly inexpensive and can be part of the team for years to come).

Doneil Henry- not match fit, but dirt cheap- bad signing

so out of 11 signings, i'd say 7 were good, and 4 bad (although 2 of the bad were dirt cheap and don't hinder us at all going forward, and one has already left, not hindering us too).

that's a pretty good hit rate, especially getting most of the bigger money signings right.

let's say we make 8 signings this offseason, the same rate would make 5 of them good signings. although they will be able to be more targeted this offseason as they have a better idea of what the we need.
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 10-13-2022 at 01:48 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we're currently spending 1.9 M on 2 gks + Mavinga.

you can sign a great 1st choice Gk, a backup and 2 quality MLS CBs for those wages.
    Pretty sure the problem has always been the availability of those quality MLS CB's and not whether we have money free to sign them. If they are quality, they are signed to another team usually already. If they are available then there is a reason and therefore not always quality. This seems like the area we just haven't been able to nail down most years of TFC's existence but crucial to get right.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laryea- has looked very good- good signing
    So far this one would rank as a bad signing for me. At his new wages he looked much, much worse than before. Lots of our 4 goals against were from him being lost on his side and not covering for our also lost CBs.

But the team was poor. If he remains and refinds his form next season then he is a good signing but he has to consistently be 2020-2021 Richie to be worth that money.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far this one would rank as a bad signing for me. At his new wages he looked much, much worse than before. Lots of our 4 goals against were from him being lost on his side and not covering for our also lost CBs.

But the team was poor. If he remains and refinds his form next season then he is a good signing but he has to consistently be 2020-2021 Richie to be worth that money.
    i think he looked very good while the team was still in with a reasonable shout of playoffs, but fell off a cliff after (as did quite a few of our players).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

someone mentioned bradley taking TAM downgrading from DP- the sad part is this resulted in nothing to show- in theory it seemed amazing - the fact that bill manning could make this work is disheartening - hope this isnt where the TAM deal had MB powers attached to it lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Bob in the presser just felt the need to say that we all need to watch soccer games a little closer , because we miss a lot
    He wasn't wrong though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    someone mentioned bradley taking TAM downgrading from DP- the sad part is this resulted in nothing to show- in theory it seemed amazing - the fact that bill manning could make this work is disheartening - hope this isnt where the TAM deal had MB powers attached to it lol
    Fans make Michael out to be a hero for this DP to TAM wage reduction but the truth is that no team on earth was paying Michael Bradley 2 million a year to play soccer.(correction maybe Saudi Arabia)