Page 151 of 174 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,530 of 5193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    off topic - schedule related- TFC's first two home games are march 11 and 18th @ 7.30 PM- do they think its 10 degrees around that time?

Does anyone know why they dont schedule a 1 PM or 4PM during the winter months
    Nothing but night games all season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Nothing but night games all season.
    I actually like it as it gives me time to do things on a Saturday before going down.

I do think they should have had 3 time slots instead of 2. Should have had a 4:30 on top of the 7:30 & 10:30 slots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From a Post Media article today:

Some social media pundits had posed the question asking why the Caps hadn’t gone after goalkeeper Sean Johnson, but Schuster explained why the American had ended up with Toronto FC instead of Vancouver. Johnson was a free agent, and MLS rules stipulate he could only make 20 per cent more than the US $500,000 he was on last year with New York City FC.

"Schuster said he believed 12 teams made the max offer to Johnson, and he chose Toronto because he wanted to stay in the East. That, and Drake.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not so much as a rumour out there of anything else coming down the pipe. Thought we might get Rosted today.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    Y’all complaining about MB salary are cute and your revisionist history is outstanding…

he signed that deal after playing on one leg and leading us to our third final in 4 years. It was a good deal then as he was still performing at an above average cm. It was universally applaud when signed as he did a solid for the team to add another DP. The problem is we didn’t add anyone with impact.

Was the back end of the deal shit, sure but whether you like him or not he set the tone and was arguably the most important signing of TFC to usher in the new era.
    Sports teams with knowledgeable people in management, TFC is not one , Real Madrid knew enough to part ways with Ronaldo, Bradley was visibly slower and there was no upside to giving him what amounts to the 3rd highest Salary on our team, it really was a poor way to spend 1.5 million on a player in this league

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Sports teams with knowledgeable people in management, TFC is not one , Real Madrid knew enough to part ways with Ronaldo, Bradley was visibly slower and there was no upside to giving him what amounts to the 3rd highest Salary on our team, it really was a poor way to spend 1.5 million on a player in this league
    Bradely all day would have gotten a max tam deal with 90% of teams in the mls at the end of 2019. looking back at it yes the back end of the contract sucks as I said previously stated and I don’t think he should play 90 minutes or start every game

But you used 1 player and one instant… yet Madrid in their infinite knowledge paid bale how much for only a year or two of good play or hazard or a crocked kaka the list could go on…

so here’s a question for you: if Insinge doesn’t surpass Giovinco’s numbers or even bernadeschi will he be considered a waste of money?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Jesus H Christ. Yawn.

Ronaldo at Real Madrid? Seriously? That's the evidence?

Let me help you here. The bear case on signing Bradley could be something likethis: “Bradley was playing DM, what everyone thought of was him destroying Seattle as a DM in 2017, but he needed to switch to CM given he was 32. TFC made a decent CM signing in MB, what they didn’t do was make a good DM signing. They didn’t use him the way he should be used as he aged. Still don’t” (hat tip to jloome for this argument, which he has been making for years)

There are some interesting posts on what happened here, you might try to be part of that.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The bear case on signing Bradley could be something likethis: “Bradley was playing DM, what everyone thought of was him destroying Seattle as a DM in 2017, but he needed to switch to CM given he was 32. TFC made a decent CM signing in MB, what they didn’t do was make a good DM signing. They didn’t use him the way he should be used as he aged. Still don’t” (hat tip to jloome for this argument, which he has been making for years)

There are some interesting posts on what happened here, you might try to be part of that.
    Agree on this 100%. Bradley turning into a CM with an actual great DM signing, Bradley would have less pressure and do very well if that was his designated position

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC signed Poz & had Oso - that is what caused MB to have to be a DM (Oso isn't it - not sure he ever will be to be honest).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    I'm someone whose never rated Bradley as high as some others, but even I, at the time, thought that was a great contract and fully agree - if you didn't criticize it at the time, you can't complain now. It was either a good or bad decision in that moment, and even looking back I'd still make that deal anytime.

I will say I think Seba is easily the most important signing in our history and the one who actually ushered in an era where, almost overnight, we went from a joke to a feared contender nobody enjoyed playing, but that's for another day
    Fully agreed. Seba is the greatest in our history. Was so exciting to watch and loved the goal celebrations. Amazing set piece taker too. Ah the memories..

Glad we have the Italians now. Exciting as well,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Real Madrid fan here. Bale won 5 CLs at Madrid and was a key member in 3 of them scoring winning goals in two of them scored a penalty in another shoot out win.

Madrid in their infinite wisdom have won 14 CLs. And even they like my good friend Section 223 said let go of a legend Ronaldo for 100 million just after leading them to their 4th CL in 5 years. They also let club legend Ramos go for free. They are amongst the best players of all time and the club still let them go. Not to compare Bradley but he is clearly past it, well overpaid now, and we don’t want to let him go? Why?
    You answered your own question. We don’t have anyone offering any amount of money for him, and he has a contract with term left. Nobody in the world is buying out their captain.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it can be argued that he got a bit more than he should have. In particular, 4 years was a year more than market might have been.

But I believe that the total dollars, 6M, was a reflection of a broader context - the option he nearly triggered, the fact he played hurt, relationships, perceived importance to the culture … so be it.

He was our beloved captain. It ranks far from the top of any analysis of our worst deals the last five years.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still a bit suspect that Bradley's 3 year contract became a 4 year deal after his father became our manager/sporting director.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i do believe there is a michael bradley thread for this stuff.

and i also don't believe anyone wouldn't have triggered that club option on MB contract.

the amount in GAM/ TAM to find a replacement at that level of passing would be beyond what we are paying him, likely significantly. plus with a bunch of turnover already, we need a sense of stability in there.

i don't think it's a coincidence we're planning on likely using the 3rd DP spot for extra GAM this year.

next year MB either gonna be retired on in the cheyrou league min, can bring in a new DP CM.
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 02-03-2023 at 09:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like James Sands is leaving Rangers. I wonder who has his MLS rights, or is that no longer at thing with the allocation order gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Looks like James Sands is leaving Rangers. I wonder who has his MLS rights, or is that no longer at thing with the allocation order gone.
    Boy, that would be an interesting signing… is he expected to return to MLS? Sounds like NYCFC could use him.

On an unrelated note, maybe we could bring him to dinner with Drake. The dumbness of current news headlines, Drake seemed to get highly billing than Johnson in the Johnson signing stories.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Does anyone know, have a further understanding or confirmation, than any initial announcements from several weeks ago, that Adama Diomande is officially part of TFC? Is he still in Canada? Or is he now/will he be with the team in the United States? Are his Visa's... other footballing certificates all worked out?
    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    it's all worked out but he was doing fitness work imn toronto.

he will be joining for 2nd camp.
    Thanks for the update leedsandTFC. This morning there is some Social Media activity confirming so. I noted yesterday, in a TFC account post about SJ, towards the end, Adama Diomande was visible. I believe he is the one wearing the Athletic Vest. SJ places his hand on his arm in preparation and they then run the 'new' traditional new teammate gauntlet together; one after another.

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-04-2023 at 08:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I think it can be argued that he got a bit more than he should have. In particular, 4 years was a year more than market might have been.

But I believe that the total dollars, 6M, was a reflection of a broader context - the option he nearly triggered, the fact he played hurt, relationships, perceived importance to the culture … so be it.

He was our beloved captain. It ranks far from the top of any analysis of our worst deals the last five years.
    Cannot wait for when everyone on this board learns about his current 'bonus' clause after we win MLS Cup this year; millions and an extension in contract.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-04-2023 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Grammar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Adama Diomande was in MLS with BB. And hopefully still is; will be again. For BB and for TFC.

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-04-2023 at 08:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Cannot wait for when everyone on this board learns about his current 'bonus' clause after we win MLS Cup this year; millions and an extension in contract.
    In exchange for an MLS Cup? Bring on the extensions! All good by me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Real Madrid fan here. Bale won 5 CLs at Madrid and was a key member in 3 of them scoring winning goals in two of them scored a penalty in another shoot out win.

Madrid in their infinite wisdom have won 14 CLs. And even they like my good friend Section 223 said let go of a legend Ronaldo for 100 million just after leading them to their 4th CL in 5 years. They also let club legend Ramos go for free. They are amongst the best players of all time and the club still let them go. Not to compare Bradley but he is clearly past it, well overpaid now, and we don’t want to let him go? Why?
    Because he is probably going to be the club's next manager and/or sporting director when he retires. He is the face of the franchise, whether we like it or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As others have mentioned, I think this has been our best off season in years. We still need some depth pieces, but the current starting 11 should be the most competitive lineup we've fielded since 2017.

Exciting times ahead!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Because he is probably going to be the club's next manager and/or sporting director when he retires. He is the face of the franchise, whether we like it or not.
    Can we maybe get the Michael Bradley discussion into the Michael Bradley thread, not the player off-season roster thread, where it has nothing to do with the offseason roster?

People are debating his relative worth, not whether he's going to be playing for us this year. It's irritating seeing the same basic "my opinion is more valid" debate between the two sides continually, especially in this thread.

Those that hate him, hate him. Those that like him, like him. No one's going to win an argument in which neither side has given an inch in at least two years of discussion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    As others have mentioned, I think this has been our best off season in years. We still need some depth pieces, but the current starting 11 should be the most competitive lineup we've fielded since 2017.

Exciting times ahead!
    The only knock is relative age, and that's arguably not a knock but needed experience.

A lot depends on people staying healthy, but that's sort of the deal with the whole league.

It would be nice to see JMR step up and make a meaningful contribution this season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Little thing, but did anyone see Jayden Nelson in the latest training video?

Didn't see him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    The only knock is relative age, and that's arguably not a knock but needed experience.

A lot depends on people staying healthy, but that's sort of the deal with the whole league.

It would be nice to see JMR step up and make a meaningful contribution this season.
    Yes. It would be nice to see what all the hype around JMR is about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Little thing, but did anyone see Jayden Nelson in the latest training video? Didn't see him.
    No, have been unable to as well, if this following video is the latest your referencing. May not be anything. Maybe JN got his hair cut? Otherwise, is training apart or just not in any of the clips. Although... was also unable to determine if he was even in the SJ/AD gauntlet clip of the other day. Have not noticed any social media status changes/hints concerning him... yet! BTW, most of the players are wearing jerseys with their numbers on it; centre chest between adidas and TFC Crest. This video is cut fast, but is anyone able to tell me who the player is at about the 7 to 8 second mark to the right of the ball that Lolo is playing in his yellow vest? In a freeze frame, I am unable to identify him; has no number. Does not seem to be a youth; though I am likely mistaken.

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-05-2023 at 03:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^/^
    Weird drop? ...'Clips from his time at Toronto FC'... Not with? Poor wording? Sounds past tense, no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn’t Groundhog Day Thursday? How/Why did this become a Bradley thread again? Anyway from the 12 second San Diego clip VV looks fit, can’t wait to see Vaz launch some pin point passes to the Italians for some highlight reel goals.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    Wasn’t Groundhog Day Thursday? How/Why did this become a Bradley thread again? Anyway from the 12 second San Diego clip VV looks fit, can’t wait to see Vaz launch some pin point passes to the Italians for some highlight reel goals.
    by looks of social media vazquez and insigne have really hit it off.

nice to see.