Page 144 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144
Results 4,291 to 4,297 of 4297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    haven;t been following him recently, although i do know his one appearance for us (Leeds) was being ouctlassed by a league one midfield in the league cup.

was only 19, mind.

heard LAFC after him.
    Think hes 21 now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we do go the under 22 initiative route Im expecting that to happen in the summer, but who knows. I agree with most who think we need another centre back and some midfield depth before then.

Im expecting Diomande to be our nine with JJ and Akinola behind in depth but with each of those two able to play wide so I think were fine up front for now. Be interesting to see if Akinola can find some of his earlier form. Layrea is our second best right wing but were short as it is at full back so Id hope to see Akinola or JJ there if Brunelleschi needs spelling.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think JJ is the starter over Diomande on Feb 25. I would be shocked if it were otherwise. That would tell me JJ was truly terrible in camp, and is done here.

JJ is the far higher paid player, and you need to see what he can do with the Italians, or alternatively, you need to figure out what you have with him.

He had a bad second half, but Diomande hasn’t done anything in three years.

But yeah, 2-3 meh games, and sure, BB will go to Diomande.
    What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I think JJ is the starter over Diomande on Feb 25. I would be shocked if it were otherwise. That would tell me JJ was truly terrible in camp, and is done here.

JJ is the far higher paid player, and you need to see what he can do with the Italians, or alternatively, you need to figure out what you have with him.

He had a bad second half, but Diomande hasnt done anything in three years.

It's possible. I had the thought last night that perhaps Diomande had been brought in as motivation, after JJ had a crisis of confidence last year.

It's equally also possible they think Diomande is fit, that play in Saudi doesn't really indicate anything (he may even have been played wide or in the midfield for all we know; they are notorious for buying more foreigners than they're allowed to field and putting them in weird spots), and that if he stays fit he scores 15-20 goals.

LAFC fans certainly seem to think so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

He had a bad second half, but Diomande hasn’t done anything in three years.

I agree with JJ being given a chance, at first, to start - itd be bad manners/messaging to do otherwise. But I dont think hell keep the spot and hes valuable enough being able to play all three forward positions. At least he is in theory in practice he wasnt able to do much of anything with the Italians.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Rooney's being sincere, Bono is competing for the starting job at DC.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...everton-coach/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    It's possible. I had the thought last night that perhaps Diomande had been brought in as motivation, after JJ had a crisis of confidence last year.

It's equally also possible they think Diomande is fit, that play in Saudi doesn't really indicate anything (he may even have been played wide or in the midfield for all we know; they are notorious for buying more foreigners than they're allowed to field and putting them in weird spots), and that if he stays fit he scores 15-20 goals.

LAFC fans certainly seem to think so.
    Do we know how much Diomande is on with us? But no matter, Id be shocked if he was brought in solely as motivation for JJ. Bradley had a lot of success with him and he suits our front three better than JJ. To me hes the more likely striker to succeed as a nine with this line up and with this manager.

No doubt if Bradley can get JJ going its a good thing and we paid a release for him so its not a good look to not try hard. Another thing in his favour is that at LAFC Bradley seemed to favour a rotation with his nines.

But too its not like JJ is a hot commodity in the league and at his wages hes not likely to do better in Europe. I think hes ours until his contract is up or, at worst, if hes not contributing substantially we buy him out. I like him as a player but he looked lost in the second half of the season.