Page 35 of 174 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 5193
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

auro needs to move on tbh.

he didn't want to be here, wasn't showing up for training or meetings.

that's not the sort of personality you want around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio, Laryea, and Kaye named to World Cup squad.

Doneil Henry pulled himself out of the squad after he was injured and wouldn't be guaranteed to return in time.

Liam Fraser also made the squad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20407...nuary-toronto/

His new agent sure does seem to have juice!
    I would prefer Oso at TFC; MAX TAM being my ceiling.
    Though I do not begrudge him and his desire to play elsewhere; another league.
    I appreciate his self-confidence and want for a different kind of challenge.
    Yet, I honestly believe that window for a meaningful England stint and performance has realistically passed him by.
    I am not sure he even gets sincere middling Premiership consideration; maybe lower or more likely Championship.
    He is thirty; not 27 like Mamah.
    And how did that all go for his friend and teammate?
    Obviously, he is not discouraged but committed.
    Probably gets better interest from some of the other European leagues.
    But this want... why and what for?
    He could be like a/our Totti. Those stories are ever more rare these days.
    Clearly, he is indicating the desire to at least be able to make a choice.
    To test the market. I accept that inconvenience. I hope TFC does until they can't.
    Maybe they have not already.
    In the end, I suspect his choice will be between being a big fish in a small pond or a little fish in a big pond.
    I selfishly hope he decides to be the former; and with us!

By the way, I understand his Colombian roots, but that's seems to be a juvenile or weak tat.
    I think he could have done better than the Juan Valdez (and Conchita) Brand Logo above the left knee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    ... He doesn't go forward enough, which probably kills him in Bob's system.
    I agree with your point that he is/was serviceable.
    That is why I will always like him as an alternative.
    Certainly until we have better depth.
    I also recollect, as some others may and a few have previously mentioned, that in his early days with us it/he was different.
    I remember Auro went forward quite a bit/enough.
    I suspect not to the liking of Vanney and his ballin' style; who quickly trained that out of him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20407...nuary-toronto/

His new agent sure does seem to have juice!
    I would prefer Oso at TFC; MAX TAM being my ceiling.
    Though I do not begrudge him and his desire to play elsewhere; another league.
    I appreciate his self-confidence and want for a different kind of challenge.
    Yet, I honestly believe that window for a meaningful England stint and performance has realistically passed him by.
    I am not sure he even gets sincere middling Premiership consideration; maybe lower or more likely Championship.
    He is thirty; not 27 like Mamah.
    And how did that all go for his friend and teammate?
    Obviously, he is not discouraged but committed.
    Probably gets better interest from some of the other European leagues.
    But this want... why and what for?
    He could be like a/our Totti. Those stories are ever more rare these days.
    Clearly, he is indicating the desire to at least be able to make a choice.
    To test the market. I accept that inconvenience. I hope TFC does until they can't.
    Maybe they have not already.
    In the end, I suspect his choice will be between being a big fish in a small pond or a little fish in a big pond.
    I selfishly hope he decides to be the former; and with us!

By the way, I understand his Colombian roots, but that's seems to be a juvenile or weak tat.
    I think he could have done better than the Juan Valdez (and Conchita) Brand Logo above the left knee.
    seems harsh but a max tam contract for oso could be killer.

of the 3 full season since 2018, oso has started 57/102 games (under 56%), and is only likely to get worse as he gets older.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney seems to have been Ok with Morrow or Laryea going forward but had real problems with Beitashour or Auro doing so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good for Osoiro, hopefully he preforms well at the World Cup and gets that bag. Not sure about an England move, maybe Turkey or Belgium would be a better destination.

If he really wants to be around the UK he should look at Scotland, Celtic or Rangers and perhaps get a chance to play in the champions league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Good for Osoiro, hopefully he preforms well at the World Cup and gets that bag. Not sure about an England move, maybe Turkey or Belgium would be a better destination.

If he really wants to be around the UK he should look at Scotland, Celtic or Rangers and perhaps get a chance to play in the champions league.
    Rangers could use a midfield sparkplug right about now.

Oso has all the tools except for exceptional acceleration. He has good pace, strength, can hold up and dribble out of traffic. Any of the teams that isn't made up of two sets of world-class talents, basically, could use him.

His relative physical strength and fragility based in age, to me, make it more likely he'd go to Spain. But there's also more competition for his skillset there.

If I was at a mid- to lower-level premier league team and needed a number eight who could be used rotationally with guys of similar talent level I would take him.

I've been watching all of Leeds' games due to Marsch/Aaronson/Adams and I can't honestly say I think Marc Rocca is a massively better player. Better going back, worse going forward. Can he press quickly enough to work in Gegenpress? Does he have the physical capacity to run 10 extra KM every game? Maybe not.

A team like Bournemouth, Southampton, Leicester, where they're always looking for a low-price role player, could benefit from him. But he'd spend a lot of time on the bench, I imagine.

I don't think, based on his time in MLS, he'll get that sort of shot unless he has a fantastic World Cup. And he's a big-moment player, so maybe he will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Vanney seems to have been Ok with Morrow or Laryea going forward but had real problems with Beitashour or Auro doing so.
    He was very careful about how he used his backs. Raheem got pretty much free reign and in his last year clocked six assists in 17 appearances. (And then we didn't protect him. Bangs head against desk repeatedly.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of Vanney, if there was one player I could pry away from any team right now, it would probably be their backup striker, Dejan Joveljic. That kid has 20-goal regular scorer written all over him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...FC-record.html

The Mail gets in on the Oso love, claims several EFL clubs are already interested (Championship, most likely).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...FC-record.html

The Mail gets in on the Oso love, claims several EFL clubs are already interested (Championship, most likely).
    would be good for him, and us, for him to move to europe after this season.

we realistically shouldn't be giving a multi year max TAM contract to a 30 year old with his injury history, regardless of his status as an icon here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    would be good for him, and us, for him to move to europe after this season.

we realistically shouldn't be giving a multi year max TAM contract to a 30 year old with his injury history, regardless of his status as an icon here.
    Feel like you could write that about at least one other TFC midfielder. And if you left out the icon part, probably two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Oso moves to the Championship, my personal bias is for him to head to Swansea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    If Oso moves to the Championship, my personal bias is for him to head to Swansea.
    Eek. THen if things go badly for him, it'll be "why did we sign a player from Bob Bradley, who we hate".

Although on the upside you could listen to updates about him on Ellis James' Feast of Football, a Welsh-football-centric podcast by comedian Ellis James.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Feel like you could write that about at least one other TFC midfielder. And if you left out the icon part, probably two.
    Spot on with this comment the loyalty that ownership is showing to the Bradley’s is massively holding this club back, present Michael with the keys to a new car on opening day and let’s announce this boat anchors retirement already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today is the deadline for teams to pick up player options. So we'll know the full free agency list sometime today.

We'll also find out if Auro Jr. gets to come back next year.
    Last edited by rydermike; 11-14-2022 at 11:04 AM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    We'll also should find out if Auro Jr. gets to come back next year.
    Doesn't seem likely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said it before, but Hedges checks a lot of boxes for TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How's he been the past few years? Definitely was a top CB at a point when he was younger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I said it before, but Hedges checks a lot of boxes for TFC.

He's 32, so he's probably got at least two more decent years in him. He only had two yellow cards in 26 starts last year. They only sat him for the occasional rest.

Has in the top 23% in blocks, top 15% in clearances per 90, so still a good defender.

The only stat that makes me leery is that he was in the 43% percentile of aerials won, suggesting he's not great at covering big forwards.
    Last edited by jloome; 11-14-2022 at 01:28 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Spot on with this comment the loyalty that ownership is showing to the Bradley’s is massively holding this club back, present Michael with the keys to a new car on opening day and let’s announce this boat anchors retirement already.
    there's a michael bradley thread for tripe like this, remember?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's 32, so he's probably got at least two more decent years in him. He only had two yellow cards in 26 starts last year. They only sat him for the occasional rest.

Has in the top 23% in blocks, top 15% in clearances per 90, so still a good defender.

The only stat that makes me leery is that he was in the 43% percentile of aerials won, suggesting he's not great at covering big forwards.
    Drew Moor 2.0. God, I hope we sign this guy!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

matt hedges was on 900K, what sort of wage you reckon he'd take here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

matt hedges was on 900K, what sort of wage you reckon he'd take here?
    Probably similar. At 32, most teams won't offer more. So we'll probably offer him max tam or some crazy shit like that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably similar. At 32, most teams won't offer more. So we'll probably offer him max tam or some crazy shit like that.
    most he can be offered is just over a mill.

i reckon 750K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

most he can be offered is just over a mill.

i reckon 750K
    I suspect he'll hold out to at least match what he's getting at Dallas. These guys never think age is a factor. Dallas will try to re-up him for less and lose him, as he's one of them most consistent performers in the league.

If I'm in his shoes, I'm not moving to Toronto to make less unless nearer, dearer options have been exhausted... which probably won't happen.

We should just offer him the 15%. It's similar to what we're paying Mavinga already for a much steadier dude.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect he'll hold out to at least match what he's getting at Dallas. These guys never think age is a factor. Dallas will try to re-up him for less and lose him, as he's one of them most consistent performers in the league.

If I'm in his shoes, I'm not moving to Toronto to make less unless nearer, dearer options have been exhausted... which probably won't happen.

We should just offer him the 15%. It's similar to what we're paying Mavinga already for a much steadier dude.
    yeah, who knows.

a mill could be solid investment, dallas had one of the best defences in the league last year and he was the stalwart.

bob also said in that interview "guys that have been somewhere in the league for a certain amount of time and are looking for a new challenge".

that would fit perfectly with signing hedges.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, who knows.

a mill could be solid investment, dallas had one of the best defences in the league last year and he was the stalwart.

bob also said in that interview "guys that have been somewhere in the league for a certain amount of time and are looking for a new challenge".

that would fit perfectly with signing hedges.
    His numbers per 90 minutes are surprisingly consistent since 2018. They were clearly very careful with him last season. He started 26 games and played 90 min in 25 of then; the eight games he missed were just Dallas resting him, because he's 32 (good lord, good roster management, perish the thought).

He has very few injuries, three in his entire career, the worst a meniscus tear that put him out for seven days. One red card in eight years. One second-yellow red in that period. An average of less than two cards per season.

After he hurt his ankle in 2020, the team sat him for nine games to recover, even though he was technically only out for one game. This might have been due to someone else performing well while he was injured for the one game.

(In 2016, he had the most statistically dominant year in league history for a defender. He was untouchably good. How he did not end up in the Premier League or somewhere after that season is beyond me, as he dominated every stat, even some like tackles that centre halves don't normally dominate. It did lead to five US caps however.)

He's been their captain for five years, so this is a pretty ruthless move, given his performance levels, on Dallas' part.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what I would do. Just give him the Mavinga deal or close to it.