RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Anyone see seba's IG

Announcement tomorrow .

Red flare in picture, laryea and others commenting.

Is he free to sign with any MLS team?

Will he brought on as a coach ? Lol
    probably something to do with canmnt noting the timing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio has signed with a new agent who also represents Pozuelo. They have a lot of players in Europe (and MLS). https://www.promoesportagency.com/en/footballers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Osorio has signed with a new agent who also represents Pozuelo. They have a lot of players in Europe (and MLS). https://www.promoesportagency.com/en/footballers
    A whole bunch of Spanish and La Liga based players on this list. Oso does speak Spanish and could probably do a job on a Vigo or Espanyol level team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    A whole bunch of Spanish and La Liga based players on this list. Oso does speak Spanish and could probably do a job on a Vigo or Espanyol level team.
    Yeah, he should be able to (if given the chance).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insigne is indeed in town and has aged 20 years since joining TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Potential target here. Has played some CF in recent years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Potential target here. Has played some CF in recent years.

This would be an excellent signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting two of the best defenders in MLS in Jack Elliott as a 4th round in the Super Draft and Kai Wagner from the German 3rd division is either incredible scouting or incredible luck. More likely a combination of both. I notice neither seem to give a second thought to nationalities when it comes to players which seems to be something our front office puts first and foremost lately.
    My guess is that as one of the lower spending teams in MLS, Philadelphia is likely relying much more on scouting and the academy for putting a team together.

This is in contrast to the way tfc does it .

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insigne is indeed in town and has aged 20 years since joining TFC.

Has been in the town the whole time, my cousin plays on the same grade four soccer team as his and Criscito's sons.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just back to the "Gap between MLS v CPL" debate: Interesting to see that, for the Bahrain camp, Herdman had about 15 discretionary spots (ie excluding guys like Kaye, Oso, who are obviously in the mix for Qatar).

He called a whole raft of marginal MLS guys, and not a single CPL guy (he didn't pick Russell Rowe either).
    Last edited by ensco; 11-03-2022 at 09:15 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Just back to the "Gap between MLS v CPL" debate: Interesting to see that, for the Bahrain camp, Herdman had about 15 discretionary spots (ie excluding guys like Kaye, Oso, who are obviously in the mix for Qatar).

He called a whole raft of marginal MLS guys, and not a single CPL guy (he didn't pick Russell Rowe either).
    I can't say I'm shocked. Even if a kid at that level has the talent to play at a much higher one, until he does, he's still used to the game at a pace that is barely professional.

Even though its overall talent level is probably on par with the National League in England, the CPL seems to play at half the pace, and well below USL-C. Can't imagine a defender or utility player giving useful minutes when they've had no time to adjust to the heightened pace. The MLS guys struggle as it is, I find. They're find on technique and in possession, mostly, but are more inclined to crack under rapid pressure, I suspect, as the Uruguay game showed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its funny how pace of thought helps a player from Europe's better levels be really good when they first get to MLS - and then about 3 months in, they lose that edge. I'm not sure its the training or the lifestyle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Its funny how pace of thought helps a player from Europe's better levels be really good when they first get to MLS - and then about 3 months in, they lose that edge. I'm not sure its the training or the lifestyle.
    Yeah, the Richard Eckerlsey effect.

I think it very much IS the training. I've seen interviews with guys who've gone over to England and the level there is incessant, tough, gruelling even.

THey can't do that here, because they lose two days a week to travel. Over the course of about forty weeks, that's at least eighty fewer training days. No wonder they always need a multi-month 'adjustment' period when they go to Europe in-season.

But some of it is attitude; the number of times we've seen players come into MLS camps unfit over the years has been mind boggling. In Europe, there's no off-season anymore, just a few weeks break during which they're required to stay fit and on diet.
    Last edited by jloome; 11-03-2022 at 08:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    THey can't do that here, because they lose two days a week to travel. Over the course of about forty weeks, that's at least eighty fewer training days. No wonder they always need a multi-month 'adjustment' period when they go to Europe in-season.
    I’ve said this many times but MLS teams should probably be playing 5 or so less games over the course of the year vs. Teams elsewhere, all else equal.

Squad depth being one factor. Lack of depth for many teams being another. Problem is, ownership would never give up the gate and extra tv fixtures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it very much IS the training. I've seen interviews with guys who've gone over to England and the level there is incessant, tough, gruelling even.

But some of it is attitude; the number of times we've seen players come into MLS camps unfit over the years has been mind boggling. In Europe, there's no off-season anymore, just a few weeks break during which they're required to stay fit and on diet.
    Could also call it the Michael Bradley effect.

It was a big debate at the time and there was a lot of pushback, but looking back at it he really did regress year over year in terms of his pace of play. I think it has to do more with the average player quality and having to play down to others levels more often than not.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Could also call it the Michael Bradley effect.

It was a big debate at the time and there was a lot of pushback, but looking back at it he really did regress year over year in terms of his pace of play. I think it has to do more with the average player quality and having to play down to others levels more often than not.

This wasn't helped by

a) everything having to go through MB

b) a DP MVP midfielder who tried to do too much (I will die on the hill of Poz being self indulgent when it comes to dribbling)

c) teams sitting back in a low block because they knew our defence would eventually break

In general, since 2018, if our players think when on the ball, they do not succeed. Quick instinctive play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This wasn't helped by

a) everything having to go through MB

b) a DP MVP midfielder who tried to do too much (I will die on the hill of Poz being self indulgent when it comes to dribbling)

c) teams sitting back in a low block because they knew our defence would eventually break

In general, since 2018, if our players think when on the ball, they do not succeed. Quick instinctive play.
    I think he means in 2015-2017.

Makes a lot of sense though. How Bradley played in year one with Nelson, he was trying really hard to fit into a box-to-box type mood. He was rangy.

Later on, he morphed into a pure DM, basically single handedly snuffing out the counter attack and focusing on scooping the ball off the backline and starting to move the ball through midfield.

Football IQ has improved in this league a lot in the past 5 years. But still light years away from Europe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I’ve said this many times but MLS teams should probably be playing 5 or so less games over the course of the year vs. Teams elsewhere, all else equal.

Squad depth being one factor. Lack of depth for many teams being another. Problem is, ownership would never give up the gate and extra tv fixtures.
    They do. In fact, far less than the Championship. Especially if you include all the various cup games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... (I will die on the hill of Poz being self indulgent when it comes to dribbling) ...
    On this, I will share a foxhole with you anytime...

Trusting your hand grenade skills are up to par, otherwise...

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 11-04-2022 at 10:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not consider this development a positive at all.

I really, really, hope I am wrong on this.

I mean, if they were, then with whom has TFC been in talks with/negotiating of late?

Meaningless and all for naught.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    I do not consider this development a positive at all.

I really, really, hope I am wrong on this.

I mean, if they were, then with whom has TFC been in talks with/negotiating of late?

Meaningless and all for naught.
    The new agency does have a good number of players in MLS. Plus the agency looks to have a full suite of services (tax planning, marketing support). Oso could be looking to get the post WC sponsorship dollars and set himself up better financially for the future. But yeah, I understand the concern. Oso obviously wants to go to Europe, but I feel like TFC will offer the most money. Hopefully if he ends up back at TFC he doesn't feel resent or like he's settling.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't even think oso necessarily wants to "go to europe", just for the hell of it (otherwise he would be playing in Greece right now).

It's his last major contract, he wants time to weigh everything up in detail, then pick the best option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new agency does have a good number of players in MLS.
    I looked through their roster. They have five or six MLS players, but only three are from the American branch of the agency which is new. The others were signed before they joined MLS.

This is a signing to get a deal in Europe. These guys are massively connected in La Liga and have put players at just about every club there, as well as several in the Premier League.

This is purely an effort to step up to another level and get a deal overseas, I think.

I suspect that unless the money just isn't elsewhere, it's not likely he's coming back. It seems like a statement of intent; get new agents with lots of Euro success, do well at the World Cup, land a deal there... which to be fair to him is what Oso has said he's shooting for all along.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Away game are only 17 times a year, and chartered flights now probably take that down to 1 day a week lost (if that).

The difference is not nearly as pronounced as it used to be, even though travel is a burden.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since he'd be leaving on a free, if he ever wanted to come back, he wouldn't have to go through the Allocation Order, right? That's only if they leave on a fee of over 500k, correct?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Since he'd be leaving on a free, if he ever wanted to come back, he wouldn't have to go through the Allocation Order, right? That's only if they leave on a fee of over 500k, correct?
    Yes no allocation order for him. But really that whole thing should be scrapped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZaprWb2NMg

what a great message from federico.

very excited for the next season already

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZaprWb2NMg

what a great message from federico.

very excited for the next season already
    If he gets anywhere close to this year's production on an improved team,... man, the dude could put up crazy numbers.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he gets anywhere close to this year's production on an improved team,... man, the dude could put up crazy numbers.
    him and insigne could both put up MVP level numbers based on the games they played this season, especially from when oso was fit.

and that's with a bad CB/ GK / ST situation!