Page 29 of 174 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

God help us if they keep Conway though...
    Don't want to see him groom a kid like Hasal into a stone hands, two left feet, lost in the box, Conway clone like Bono?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Don't want to see him groom a kid like Hasal into a stone hands, two left feet, lost in the box, Conway clone like Bono?
    wouldn't need to do much grooming to get that lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oso signed a few days ago with a Spanish agency… hmmmm…. Now why would he do that?

https://www.promoesportagency.com/en...by_promoesport

They mostly represent guys in La Liga, but also Matt Miazga, Carlos Gil and… Pozo!
    Last edited by ensco; 11-08-2022 at 08:23 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Oso signed a few days ago with a Spanish agency… hmmmm…. Now why would he do that?

They mostly represent guys in La Liga, but also Matt Miazga, Carlos Gil and… Pozo!
    they have three other MLS players but it certainly looks like he's trying for Spain or England, given their other clients.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Well, because...
    Also, given that Alan Sonora rumour...
    If it is, which I suspect to most likely be, credible and probable.
    He would reasonably be Oso's replacement; meaning Oso is gone.
    Particularly since it seems there is a direct connect between his father Diego and Manning.
    IIUC, back in the day, both were with the Tampa Bay Mutiny at the same time!
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 11-08-2022 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Grammar

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we should not be giving oso a big new MAX TAM contract, if we're being honest.

he's 30, and has been fit for fewer games each of the past few seasons.

his play when on the pitch is elite but you can't have a guy on a big wage like that only fit 60% of the time, his absence killed us this past season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    we should not be giving oso a big new MAX TAM contract, if we're being honest.

he's 30, and has been fit for fewer games each of the past few seasons.

his play when on the pitch is elite but you can't have a guy on a big wage like that only fit 60% of the time, his absence killed us this past season.
    I agree. Time to move on for both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bonus if Ranjitsingh gets picked (unlikely), as TFC would get $50K allocation.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Bonus if Ranjitsingh gets picked (unlikely), as TFC would get $50K allocation.
    That would leave the Reds with no GKs on the roster thus needing to get 3 this off-season.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Technically, we have 18 eligible players (12 under contract + 6 out of Contract) since the out of contracts are eligible to be picked. They're still in negotiations with Mavinga and Osorio and if we don't protect them, we lose any signing rights to them if they get picked. We have 12 under contract players (including Auro) + Osorio and Mavinga, so 2 would have to be unprotected. So there's 14 guys eligible for us (who could return)

Under contract:
    Auro (team option), Bernardeschi, Bradley, Chung, Criscito, Insigne, Jimenez, Kaye, Laryea, McNaughton, O'Neill, Ranjitsingh

Out of contract:
    Achara, Bono, Henry, Mavinga, Osorio, Westberg

Ranjitsingh is a lock to be unprotected (since they'll definitely protect Osorio). Would they want to protect Mavinga or Auro? The other 4 aren't returning so definitely unprotected.
    Last edited by rydermike; 11-08-2022 at 09:24 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    That would leave the Reds with no GKs on the roster thus needing to get 3 this off-season.
    If you don't trust the Keeper enough to ever play him it's better to replace him. Considering that they were playing such poor Keepers as Bono and Westberg ahead of him even when injured, I'm going out on a limb and say he's still far from playing at this level, and probably will never play at this level --- yet another terrible pick-up. Time to cut our losses.

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Technically, we have 18 eligible players (12 under contract + 6 out of Contract) since the out of contracts are eligible to be picked. They're still in negotiations with Mavinga and Osorio and if we don't protect them, we lose any signing rights to them if they get picked. We have 12 under contract players (including Auro) + Osorio and Mavinga, so 2 would have to be unprotected. So there's 14 guys eligible for us (who could return)

Under contract:
    Auro, Bernardeschi, Bradley, Chung, Criscito, Insigne, Jimenez, Kaye, Laryea, McNaughton, O'Neill, Ranjitsingh

Out of contract:
    Achara, Bono, Henry, Mavinga, Osorio, Westberg

Ranjitsingh is a lock to be unprotected (since they'll definitely protect Osorio). Would they want to protect Mavinga or Auro? The other 4 aren't returning so definitely unprotected.
    You may have missed Mike Forbes post above quoting Michael Singh. Michael Singh says we only need to have one unprotected (because home-grown players aren't eligible to be drafted). I don't see homegrown players in your calculations so you should update them for that.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 11-08-2022 at 08:50 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    You may have missed Mike Forbes post above quoting Michael Singh. Michael Singh says we only need to have one unprotected (because home-grown players aren't eligible to be drafted). I don't see homegrown players in your calculations so you should update them for that.
    I saw MikeForbes post, which is why I posted that. I removed all the homegrowns (I posted this about a month ago originally). There's 18 total eligible (including 12 under contract*), but Singh is probably (naturally, as I would too) discounting the four players who TFC announced aren't returning (Westberg, Bono, Achara, and Henry), however, that still leaves 14 players (including out of contracts Mavinga and Osorio) on our list of who to protect. I think Singh missed one (maybe Auro - or maybe he knows already that TFC isn't picking up his option and added him as a fifth player who will be unprotected as unreturning).

*I included Auro as under contract, but he has a team option that TFC has until the 14th to decide on
    Last edited by rydermike; 11-08-2022 at 09:26 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait a second....

did BB sign Rajitsingh just to leave him be the only unprotected player in the expansion draft?

That is some 3 dimensional chess there...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Addition by subtraction...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Addition by subtraction...
    Given Vaikla and Gavran's ages, these days, I'd say one of them either gets a shot as backup or one of them gets released. If they aren't sure of their potential at this point, something's wrong with their assessment process.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Wait a second...
    did BB sign Rajitsingh just to leave him be the only unprotected player in the expansion draft?
    That is some 3 dimensional chess there...
    Always believed at the appropriate angle and through a squint, BB was of Nosferatu lineage.

Maybe he just has Vulcan in him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given the certain challenge TFC will encounter in the quest to add depth during this window...
    I trust they are thinking 'outside the box'; even unbound from the constraints of age and disability in any considerations...
    My two trialists as levity to the matter are...

Striker candidate...

Attacking Midfielder candidate...

Reminds me of the footage of Tiger Woods golfing as a toddler.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 11-09-2022 at 09:05 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I saw MikeForbes post, which is why I posted that. I removed all the homegrowns (I posted this about a month ago originally). There's 18 total eligible (including 12 under contract*), but Singh is probably (naturally, as I would too) discounting the four players who TFC announced aren't returning (Westberg, Bono, Achara, and Henry), however, that still leaves 14 players (including out of contracts Mavinga and Osorio) on our list of who to protect. I think Singh missed one (maybe Auro - or maybe he knows already that TFC isn't picking up his option and added him as a fifth player who will be unprotected as unreturning).

*I included Auro as under contract, but he has a team option that TFC has until the 14th to decide on
    Thanks, it's good to have people's calculations double-checked. t will be interesting who TFC leaves unprotected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will Forbes
    @TransfersMLS
    ·
    9m
    Sources tell me Luca Petrasso is being traded to Orlando from Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barring a huge return that seems short sighted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Barring a huge return that seems short sighted.
    100k at the most.like the chapman trade

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    100k at the most.like the chapman trade
    $100k would be an awful return. Petrasso is 4 years younger, a lower budget hit and plays a position of need for the team. Chapman was heavily blocked at AM/CM and wasn't good enough. Throw in the overall GAM inflation since 2020 and $100k would be well below fair value.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    $100k would be an awful return. Petrasso is 4 years younger, a lower budget hit and plays a position of need for the team. Chapman was heavily blocked at AM/CM and wasn't good enough. Throw in the overall GAM inflation since 2020 and $100k would be well below fair value.
    i hope you are right,250k would great but i doubt it,i wonder if tfc would make the move for
    sam adekuge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pardon me for saying so but Orlando doesn’t exactly feel like a place a young career goes to prosper. Shitty business sometimes.

My bet is they are making room for some of the newer potential academy grads they rate more highly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Pardon me for saying so but Orlando doesn’t exactly feel like a place a young career goes to prosper. Shitty business sometimes.
    Better under Pareja I feel

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

luca was a good LWB/ LW, not great at fullback.

you would hope they have a fullback lined up (likely in free agency).

ryan hollingshead anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i hope you are right,250k would great but i doubt it,i wonder if tfc would make the move for
    sam adekuge
    There's not a lot of great comps on trading a young player like Petrasso, but this is probably the closest I could find from the last year or two: https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/new-y...m-nashville-sc
    NYRB gave up $125k in GAM + $75k if performance conditions are met for Dylan Nealis. That just feels low and I'd rather have Petrasso on the team for that (or even a bit more).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    luca was a good LWB/ LW, not great at fullback.

you would hope they have a fullback lined up (likely in free agency).

ryan hollingshead anyone?
    he is a rb,and a average one at best