Page 163 of 174 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,890 of 5193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Am I the only one not interested in this move if he is going to leave after 6 months?

This is a critical position and to just have it go vacant and lose all that chemistry mid season sounds like a terrible idea.

I'd rather get someone committed to stay for at least the full season.
    I understand the sentiment, as I felt that way about Julio Cesar. But I'd say we're so short that it should have basically no impact on the attempt to find a permanent body. We need at least two; getting one on loan while we're looking for ideal candidates is just covering ourselves.

They're not going to stop looking or not sign someone else if O'Brien comes on loan. It's worth nothing that cap doesn't really have to be affected if Nottingham Forest plays ball, as they'd have to pay him either way, so might not be looking for a big salary pickup.

And by MLS standards, he's a really good player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting a player who we expect to make a big impact in the door for 6 months which gets us to summer with an open DP slot where we'll have a better idea of where we need players in and the European clubs will more likely deal seems like a big win to me. This could help us get results up front and then we can make more intelligent moves in the summer to see us home, in theory.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the choice to plug a hole for 15 games is between (i) an Academy player, or (ii) the young star of a Championship side...

well, that Academy player had better be one hell of a prospect, if that's who you think you want to see out there.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suggestion now, albeit without sources or quotes, that Blackburn may try to take the decision to court.

I have a difficult time believing that, but...

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/op...-than-one-way/

It would be nice to see some other movement before the season starts, on the assumption this might not happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    If the choice to plug a hole for 15 games is between (i) an Academy player, or (ii) the young star of a Championship side...

well, that Academy player had better be one hell of a prospect, if that's who you think you want to see out there.
    Hopefully those aren't our only choices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Athletic piece on O'Brien, mentions TFC as possibility.

https://theathletic.com/4197038/2023...token=12478463

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Athletic piece on O'Brien, mentions TFC as possibility.

https://theathletic.com/4197038/2023...token=12478463
    A rumor! And a very exciting one at that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love to get him.

Ideally, for more than 6 months, but I will take what I can get.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Hopefully those aren't our only choices.
    Well, with most windows closed, the other options for finding someone who isn't a project are:
    - an MLS trade. No idea how that option looks. We don’t have players to trade, so that's GAM, but we have got to be getting low on that
    - another player being dropped and “available” on a free. That is usually vets who are surplus to needs late in European year (Dichio and Laurent Robert were examples of that here long ago, but as MLS has improved, it has become much less common)
    Last edited by ensco; 02-15-2023 at 07:48 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the MLS trade side of things is waiting out to see if anyone has been pushed down the depth chart in preseason and wants a move - look at teams that have signed a MF, FB from abroad and it's displaced an MLS vet and now they might be available on the cheap...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking we'll make at least one trade within MLS. Two if Ayo/JJ get moved. We should have ~$1M in GAM to play with post-Nelson so we certainly have the ability to be active in the market.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, with most windows closed, the other options for finding someone who isn't a project are:
    - an MLS trade. No idea how that option looks. We don’t have players to trade, so that's GAM, but we have got to be getting low on that
    - another player being dropped and “available” on a free. That is usually vets who are surplus to needs late in European year (Dichio and Laurent Robert were examples of that here long ago, but as MLS has improved, it has become much less common)
    Didn't we literally just get a million in GAM?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Didn't we literally just get a million in GAM?
    We need 4 players. MF depth isn't the only hole.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need a 2nd round draft pick for a Colin Warner type trade

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it's because I fundamentally disagree, but if we're not leaning on the youth for depth minutes and spot starts, we were never going to contend in the first place. If we're not allowing them to act as the minutes we're expecting up to four signings to play in a salary cap league, I would be far lower on the team than I am now. We cannot look at this team and just put all the players that started out of necessity last season on TFCII or not getting substitute minutes. Many of the kids SHOULD BE ready.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it's because I fundamentally disagree, but if we're not leaning on the youth for depth minutes and spot starts, we were never going to contend in the first place. If we're not allowing them to act as the minutes we're expecting up to four signings to play in a salary cap league, I would be far lower on the team than I am now. We cannot look at this team and just put all the players that started out of necessity last season on TFCII or not getting substitute minutes. Many of the kids SHOULD BE ready.
    Bradley seemed to be conceding yesterday that they aren't.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kosi, jmr, kerr m, maybe Kobe Franklin will be getting those spots from what I cam see.

The good thing about the last year is these guys have all slotted in af multiple positions. That versatility is very useful for an MLS depth player.

I think we'll do a midfielder, a fullback and a striker if ayo leaves
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 02-15-2023 at 09:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this person/account credible or is this just some typical logical prognosticating?

Translation: 'Lewis #Obrien is expected to commit on loan in the coming days with the #TorontoFC . The player running out of game time at #Nottingham will try to restart at #MLS . #mercato'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI/Reminder...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    FYI/Reminder...

How are we doing? I haven't even seen scores except that first game against Vancouver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn’t matter if other widows are closed. Transfers windows are for incoming players only. A player can to be sold outside of the transfer window as long as the buying clubs window is open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    How are we doing? I haven't even seen scores except that first game against Vancouver.
    Tied or lost matches so far. Performances with first team... OK/getting by. With bench/substitutes/depth not that exciting. Oso, Kaye and VV experiencing knocks. Midfield the most concern/questionable?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we get a midfielder and an experienced fullback (or a single utility player covering both), I’m okay with stopping the signings there, for now.

There’s a lot of new faces in the room and it will take time for guys to integrate. I’d also think it’s reasonable to leave open a small door for guys on the bottom end of the roster to prove their worth. Themi and Franklin are good prospects. You also never know how much the other guys have improved (stranger things have happened). Ultimately it would be down to Bob’s judgement in camp but I don’t think we’d be so entirely disadvantaged if some of these parts waited until the summer window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As suspected by some... Adekugbe likely staying in Turkiye; probably signing with Süper Lig leaders Galatasaray on a loan with a buy option. Seems that leagues foreign player rules and regulations have been amended due to the circumstances for their and those already designated and registered foreign players?
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-15-2023 at 11:03 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Preseason Record: 0W-3L-0D

• Jan. 27 - Toronto 0, San Jose 1
    • Feb. 8 - Toronto 0, Vancouver 3
    • Feb. 11 - Toronto 1, LAFC 2
    • Feb. 15 - 5 pm ET vs. Portland Timbers at ​​Coachella Valley Invitational
    • Feb. 18 - 10:30 pm ET vs. LA Galaxy at Dignity Health Sports Park

I think we also had a friendly against Club Tijuana in there too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    Preseason Record: 0W-3L-0D

• Jan. 27 - Toronto 0, San Jose 1
    • Feb. 8 - Toronto 0, Vancouver 3
    • Feb. 11 - Toronto 1, LAFC 2
    • Feb. 15 - 5 pm ET vs. Portland Timbers at ​​Coachella Valley Invitational
    • Feb. 18 - 10:30 pm ET vs. LA Galaxy at Dignity Health Sports Park

I think we also had a friendly against Club Tijuana in there too
    Eesh. Thanks Mr. Inbetween as well. Well, preseason doesn't mean much right? These injuries with Oso and MAK are more worrying though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eesh. Thanks Mr. Inbetween as well. Well, preseason doesn't mean much right? These injuries with Oso and MAK are more worrying though.
    they've been tied in both recent games when they've switched all 10 players, both games the other team left their better players out for longer.

but yeah, last year we won 3 of 6 pre season games and ended up winning 3 of our first 15 mls games or something lol.

it's really shown we badly need another midfielder (hopefully lewis o'brien), but also our first choice team has only conceded 1 goal in about 110 mins, which is a good sign for a defence still gelling.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the athletic reporter for forest says a loan to MLS is now the most likely outcome for o'brien, TFC are the only club mentioned in the article.

getting him in even for 6 months would be incredible, come on get it done!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this one's got legs, it seems. Let's get him in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They better have a plan with Obrien and Layrea.

We don't want to be flying mid-season then loose core pieces of our team. We've got to make it work somehow if they become key players.