Page 57 of 174 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 5193
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Dang. No improvements and still need 5 starters?

Is it because of BOB ? Or does insigne/ berna rub people the wrong way ?
    No it's because we're in the first week of December and the WC is on. If you look around the league the only player moves happening are outgoings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    No it's because we're in the first week of December and the WC is on. If you look around the league the only player moves happening are outgoings.
    Agreed, the whole club football world is extremely quiet. I'm sure things are happening in the background but I think announcements of anything are all going to come after the World Cup. I don't think we can blame Bob and Manning for that!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can blame Bob and Bill for that. I don't think announcing a Matt Hedges today is gonna take anything away from coverage for Argentina/Netherlands on Friday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I can blame Bob and Bill for that. I don't think announcing a Matt Hedges today is gonna take anything away from coverage for Argentina/Netherlands on Friday.
    EPL took some crap for making scheduling announcements.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    EPL took some crap for making scheduling announcements.
    Portland announced their new 10 million dollar DP yesterday. I can't see MLS being held under the same scrutiny.

Also, a Hedges update.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Portland announced their new 10 million dollar DP yesterday. I can't see MLS being held under the same scrutiny.

Also, a Hedges update.

Sounds like that's almost done.

Would be a really good signing especially considering he had half the league after him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems at one time in the last couple of years SportingKC was an active pursuant of Alan Sonara.
    Rumours persist about his destination to CFM.
    TFC, not so much.

Along with these to CFM rumours, there is mention of another 'big name' swirling about in the mix and referencing SBNation?

Have not been able to determine the target; community?

However, as a follow-up to...

ensco... I know this got dunked on severely when I posted it a few weeks ago… but I still fear that Oso may wind up in Montreal…
    Would Osorio be considered a 'big name'?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Seems at one time in the last couple of years SportingKC was an active pursuant of Alan Sonara.
    Rumours persist about his destination to CFM.
    TFC, not so much.

Along with these to CFM rumours, there is mention of another 'big name' swirling about in the mix and referencing SBNation?

Have not been able to determine the target; community?

However, as a follow-up to...

Would Osorio be considered a 'big name'?
    nope

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    nope

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No but doing player announcements during the WC will take away from the impact TFC like from their signings (extra media & more importantly, maybe some seat sales).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think we'll start to see some moves this week and january will be incredibly busy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    i think we'll start to see some moves this week and january will be incredibly busy
    Since Bob wants all (most) of his pieces in place by the first training camp, I would guess that we are likely in for a flurry of activity between mid-December and mid-January.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    Since Bob wants all (most) of his pieces in place by the first training camp, I would guess that we are likely in for a flurry of activity between mid-December and mid-January.
    Deals could be in place and signed already. They'll just wait to announce them until whenever the PR department decides the announcements will have maximum benefits. Probablt space them out a little to keep people engaged.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the transaction tracker from last year. The first batch of deals for most teams happened in mid to late December, and then the next round was in January after the holidays. I think the season ended a little later last year vs. this year, but we have the world cup this year to defer things. If we don't have a deal or two lined up by Christmas I might be a little nervous, but not going to worry yet.
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/2022-mls-transactions

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Here's the transaction tracker from last year. The first batch of deals for most teams happened in mid to late December, and then the next round was in January after the holidays. I think the season ended a little later last year vs. this year, but we have the world cup this year to defer things. If we don't have a deal or two lined up by Christmas I might be a little nervous, but not going to worry yet.
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/2022-mls-transactions
    I haven't really been in the TFC thread much, so if this is a repeat, sorry... but it seems to me that the best players go first, set the market, and other signings flow from there. So I do think there is signalling if we wind up signing players "later" rather than "sooner"
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Houston announced Achara today (they picked him in the Reentry draft). Maybe we'll announce Vázquez soon (assuming they reach an agreement)

Last edited by rydermike; 12-07-2022 at 11:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Top ten free agents still unsigned:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/mls-f...ayers-for-2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I haven't really been in the TFC thread much, so if this is a repeat, sorry... but it seems to me that the best players go first, set the market, and other signings flow from there. So I do think there is signalling if we wind up signing players "later" rather than "sooner"
    I wouldnt be suprised if we continue to see free agent signings delayed. With the CBA changes, we're seeing better players reach free agency that have options to go to other leagues. This is probably the best group of free agents that MLS has ever had, many of which have options to move overseas. They're probably a little slower to move given their own league's timelines. Agreed that once some of the top players move (Oso and Long for example), we'll see the rest move. Plus, players may be waiting for the full GAM to become available for some teams. CFM just ran into a bunch of GAM as an example...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if true.max tam for oso.what could go wrong 30 yr old oft injured head injury.at this point why not add VV,seba jozy moor zava the way this club overpays,lazy management,cant wait for the midfield to be over run again this season
    Last edited by reggie; 12-08-2022 at 08:40 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oso signing would make me ecstatic. I just love the guy.

I know the risk, it's true, all of you who are gonna hate this aren’t “wrong”…but there's risk in everything.

I know I know, I am being a sentimental fool, but that feeling for certain players, it's a big part of why I love sports. Not sure I have ever identified with any TFC player more ever. This guy is our greatest all time player, from the POV I think about. (I was arguing for resigning Ashtone Morgan for a year. I am a certain kind of fan.)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Difficult to imagine TFC without Oso. Also, he was our best player last season in the sense that we were hopeless without him - more than any other player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoa Nelly!
    I thought the community consensus was this poster was not to be cited/trusted directly?
    At least not without some other reference, corroboration, receipt?

Or an accompanying highlighted caution.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 12-08-2022 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Clarification

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, I think it’s only possible to sign and integrate well so many players in one window. Resigning Oso, Layrea and Mavinga, if possible, should make us better.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Whoa Nelly!
    I thought the community consensus was this poster was not to be cited/trusted directly?
    At least not without some other reference, corroboration, receipt?
    Speaking for myself, I don’t believe anything until Molinaro or Davidson say it.

I had a long and pleasant chat with Davidson at a social event recently. He is a true soccer hardcore, it's not just a job for him.

He is old school, just doesn’t care about social media presence, click bait etc. He just thinks he works for editors, and fans. Never wants somebody mad at him because he didn’t check with them, so he waits to run things until he reaches everyone involved.
    Last edited by ensco; 12-08-2022 at 09:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have some sympathy for him in light of Vanney basically burning the guy to the ground to try and win a supporters shield.

Without Osorio on the field last year, the team struggled to compete. Still think we need to load up on more midfielders but won’t argue about this move in particular.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Speaking for myself, I don’t believe anything until Molinaro or Davidson say it.
    Me too but this rumor makes sense. I had trouble believing Oso would end up on a good English or Spanish team at a comparable salary as a 30 year old MLS lifer. I thought maybe if he had a blow out WC he might get a reasonable salary offer from a tier two league but he never really got a chance to show anything in Qatar.

Either way if he returns I will be happy about it as long as he isn't a DP in the current iteration. If they make some new DP designation for homegrowns or something that still leaves us a regular DP spot open then sure and they shold probably do that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So @TransfersMLS does have legit sources...

https://twitter.com/Beezersun

Osorio update comes via tip off from @TransfersMLS and a check with the club