Threaded View

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Moves happen every World Cup. It’s still a showcase.

I work in a heavily data driven business currently and the nature of it means we have more salient data points than a sports team could ever dream of. And we STILL make calls based on things beyond the numbers and it’s widely accepted in our industry this is best practice. The reason being, we try as hard as we can to quantify as much as we can but what is “unexplained” by the numbers is large enough where other factors need to be taken into consideration.

I doubt football, which is still has a lot of blue-collar types in management and is very early stage in terms of analytics and understanding is any more evolved.
    i've heard a scout explain this on a podcast, i'm not just guessing. this is how the industry operates at the top level (so you're right, a lot of teams are still recruiting based on other stuff, but the teams that would be real steps up for our guys would all have deep analytics).

that being said i could see richie being on a list of potential options for a bunch of teams and yesterday's performance pushing him up higher.
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 11-24-2022 at 11:18 AM.