Page 44 of 174 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 5193
  1. #1291
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,427
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    These dudes aren't free agents, they're contracted players who have been waived. The fifteen percent max hike refers to free agents only, I believe.
    Some Re-entry players are out of contract as well, not just the declined option players. They just don't meet the requirements to be a free agent (for example Pozuelo). If selected, teams can give them a "bona-fide offer" (whatever that qualifies as) and then they get their MLS rights and another team would have to acquire them from you. It's what we did a couple years ago with Juan Aguedelo when we picked him in round 2

  2. #1292
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    1,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok. Yes.
    Sorry. Just... Bogert suggests 'as teams can re-negotiate deals in Stage 2'.

  3. #1293
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,427
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Ok. Yes.
    Sorry. Just... Bogert suggests 'as teams can re-negotiate deals in Stage 2'.
    Yeah, in stage 1 if you pick a player with an option, you are required to pick up that option. In stage 2, you're not held to it.
    I'm not quite sure what happens if you pick an out of contract player in stage 1.

    Really MLS just needs to do away with this system.

  4. #1294
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    14,333
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ryan Hollingshead re-signs with LAFC for one year.

  5. #1295
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    116
    Posts
    20,013
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Anybody know if Tom Bogert (the MLS poor man's Fabrizio) is on Mastadon?

  6. #1296
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    1,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    ...I suspect we'll see a mix of promotions (Kobe Franklin, possibly Adam Pearlman, hopefully Paul Rothrock), MLS free agents (Sean Johnson would be nice and he ain't too dear), and foreign signings We might see a few trades. We have the pieces. But we've so far just gone for GAM and TAM, so that doesn't seem to be the trend so far.
    I hope Rothrock is given a go.
    What about Walkes? Stats suggest 'our poacher'?

  7. #1297
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    1,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Ryan Hollingshead re-signs with LAFC for one year.

  8. #1298
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,648
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Wow, MLSPU is really gilt edge. The league is more awash with more cash than ever before and they negotiate so players who are nearly mid career can get a max 15% increase in free agency. How liberal.

    What are they going to ask for next? Free peanuts on the charter flights?
    it's to give the upper hand to the current team i think.

  9. #1299
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    4,181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    I hope Rothrock is given a go.
    What about Walkes? Stats suggest 'our poacher'?
    doesnt look like rothrock will be back.his contract ends at the end of the year,they announced a bunch of re ups but not him yet

  10. #1300
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    14,333
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    doesnt look like rothrock will be back.his contract ends at the end of the year,they announced a bunch of re ups but not him yet
    I know, it's really disappointing. He's played so consistently well.

  11. #1301
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    1,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Anybody know if Tom Bogert (the MLS poor man's Fabrizio) is on Mastadon?
    Not another service/feed?
    This Luddite can't keep up.
    As of yet, do not believe so.

    Twitter HQ...
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 11-18-2022 at 07:47 AM.

  12. #1302
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,427
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    doesnt look like rothrock will be back.his contract ends at the end of the year,they announced a bunch of re ups but not him yet
    Well they only announced those who had options, he didn't have one.
    Could still be invited to training camp and/or re-signed. Just based on what happed with last years out-of-contracts. TFC2 has a precedence of not announcing re-signings until just before the season.

    Last year, Talen Maples and Dante Campbell had their contracts expire and they attended pre-season with the first team in Jan/Feb 2022.
    They also didn't announce their re-signings until March 2022. Antonoglou, Essoussi, and Carlini all expired after 2021, TFC2 only announced they re-signed March 18.
    https://www.torontofc.ca/tfc2/news/t...l-roster-for-m

    However, I could also see Rothrock heading back home to Seattle joining Seattle 2, kind of like what Maples did going to Houston 2 for this season, if he can't get a first team deal or other MLS deal. (TFC's MLS two-year drafted player exclusivity window on him expires after this season)
    Last edited by rydermike; 11-17-2022 at 10:04 PM.

  13. #1303
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,648
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    reminder that rothrock is 24 in january, not 19.

    do we think he's ready to contribute to the first team?

  14. #1304
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    14,333
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    reminder that rothrock is 24 in january, not 19.

    do we think he's ready to contribute to the first team?
    Yeah. He's talented and tenacious. But he'll never make the adjustment if he doesn't get playing time.

    That's the problem. If he's even marginal at that age why would they risk the spot when they can get someone who'll contend for a starting place, then fill the bench and supplemental spots with younger prospects?

    He's been one of the best players on TFCII for two seasons, but at 24 he's probably headed to USL. It's be good for him to get a shot somewhere.

    Maybe a less financially ambitious MLS club, ala Houston or San Jose, will give him a shot.

  15. #1305
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,648
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Yeah. He's talented and tenacious. But he'll never make the adjustment if he doesn't get playing time.

    That's the problem. If he's even marginal at that age why would they risk the spot when they can get someone who'll contend for a starting place, then fill the bench and supplemental spots with younger prospects?

    He's been one of the best players on TFCII for two seasons, but at 24 he's probably headed to USL. It's be good for him to get a shot somewhere.

    Maybe a less financially ambitious MLS club, ala Houston or San Jose, will give him a shot.
    i agree, he could get a go there.

    i'm guessing he will end up in USL.

  16. #1306
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    1,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Latest...

    Bit of a walk back on Aaron Long?

    Some clubs still in the running?

    A questionable source is suggesting...

    That 'The Aaron long to the # LAGalaxy was little premature. They are one of 3 MLS clubs interested in the CB'.

    Also...

    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 11-18-2022 at 06:50 AM.

  17. #1307
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    14,333
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Latest...

    Bit of a walk back on Aaron Long?

    Some clubs still in the running?

    A questionable source is suggesting...

    That 'The Aaron long to the # LAGalaxy was little premature. They are one of 3 MLS clubs interested in the CB'.

    Also...

    Some idiot jumping the gun. Short of no one else being interested, why would his agent let him sign when he's at the World Cup? If he has decent performances, he'll make more overseas than in MLS.

    And if the Galaxy make an offer, it's based on years in MLS, so they're not going to rescind it.

  18. #1308
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    14,076
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Not that I disagree with the assessment but IIRC MLS Transfers is just a guy in his parents basement with nothing credible to provide other than news he recycles

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Yeah. He's talented and tenacious. But he'll never make the adjustment if he doesn't get playing time.

    That's the problem. If he's even marginal at that age why would they risk the spot when they can get someone who'll contend for a starting place, then fill the bench and supplemental spots with younger prospects?

    He's been one of the best players on TFCII for two seasons, but at 24 he's probably headed to USL. It's be good for him to get a shot somewhere.

    Maybe a less financially ambitious MLS club, ala Houston or San Jose, will give him a shot.
    I like him. Hes pretty damn scrappy and in the MLS time he got he didnt look terrible. But as you said, wed have to play him to know.

    Frankly it seems like we burned MLS time on worse prospects based on their age rather than ability.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 11-18-2022 at 10:03 AM.

  19. #1309
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,648
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Some idiot jumping the gun. Short of no one else being interested, why would his agent let him sign when he's at the World Cup? If he has decent performances, he'll make more overseas than in MLS.

    And if the Galaxy make an offer, it's based on years in MLS, so they're not going to rescind it.
    i remember red bull fans saying a move to an LA team was on the cards (he's from California).

    at his price and career trajectory, he wouldnt be the first CB I would want, anyways.

  20. #1310
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    1,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Believe @TransfersMLS (WF) i.e. 'questionable' verses @MLSTransfers verses @mlsnetwork may be/are different 'sources/references'?
    I will bend to community consensus/opinion.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 11-18-2022 at 10:46 AM.

  21. #1311
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,648
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Believe @TransfersMLS (WF) i.e. 'questionable' verses @MLSTransfers verses @mlsnetwork may be/are different 'sources/references'?
    I will bend to community consensus/opinion.
    @mlstransfers has legit sources and agents he speaks to, he was doing a thread on that yesterday.

  22. #1312
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    4,181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Tom Bogert
    @tombogert

    1h
    Sources: Talks between D.C. United and goalkeeper David Ochoa have broken down. Club going in a different direction, Ochoa should have options as well.


    D.C. are in talks with free agent goalkeeper Tyler Miller. Nothing is done, but the club are optimistic. Fluid situations.

    looks like miller may be off the table,i dont think tfc would be interested in ochoa

  23. #1313
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    14,333
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I wonder how hard David Beckham is going after both Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo now?

  24. #1314
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    6,606
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I wonder how hard David Beckham is going after both Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo now?
    Very, very hard I bet with visions of jersey sales dancing around his head.

  25. #1315
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,648
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I wonder how hard David Beckham is going after both Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo now?
    would be an incredibly entertaining and dysfunctional team, that

  26. #1316
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    116
    Posts
    20,013
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Molinaro suggesting Matarita as our LB

  27. #1317
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    14,333
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Molinaro suggesting Matarita as our LB
    He has a terrible injury history. He's missed the equivalent of two full seasons since entering the league in 2016-2017, and averages only 21 of 34 game a year played.

    Last year he missed 28 games with a peroneus tendon injury.

    The season before he missed 17 days with calf problems.

    The season before he missed 31 days with muscle injuries....

    The season before that he missed 60 days with four different injuries.

    And in his first year, he missed 160 days with ankle surgery.

    Dude is a fucking nightmare. ABORT ABORT ABORT

    etc etc

    Seriously fucking hope they're paying attention to his fragility if that's true.
    Last edited by jloome; 11-18-2022 at 06:33 PM.

  28. #1318
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    4,474
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He has a terrible injury history. He's missed the equivalent of two full seasons since entering the league in 2016-2017, and averages only 21 of 34 game a year played.

    Last year he missed 28 games with a peroneus tendon injury.

    The season before he missed 17 days with calf problems.

    The season before he missed 31 days with muscle injuries....

    The season before that he missed 60 days with four different injuries.

    And in his first year, he missed 160 days with ankle surgery.

    Dude is a fucking nightmare. ABORT ABORT ABORT

    etc etc

    Seriously fucking hope they're paying attention to his fragility if that's true.
    With an injury history like that, he is perfect for TFC.

  29. #1319
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    4,474
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    With an injury history like that, he is perfect for TFC.
    With this said, the guy produces when he is actually on the field. I am okay with giving him a deal, just aslong as it isn't long term.

  30. #1320
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    14,333
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    With this said, the guy produces when he is actually on the field. I am okay with giving him a deal, just aslong as it isn't long term.
    Seems very risky versus his return in games. He'll probably want a TAM deal and we'd need his backup to be start-ready, not a kid, because they're going to play 10-15 games.

    Hard pass from me.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •